The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-01-13 05:16:05

zockereinstein

Re: Bitten - new werewolf TV series, courtesy of our Canadian friends.

ODedonCoke wrote:

So...what do you guys think? There's been some issues taken with the producers' decision to go full CGI, but I don't really mind as long as the effects pass a believable benchmark (which in this case I think is satisfactory). After all, these are werewolves - creatures of legend. If they had used actual wolves - well...they'd just have been wolves minus the "were" smile

The TF effects are quite good considering this is a Space production. I was only disappointed they didn't show Elena's muzzle shift in more detail. Also, Logan seems to portray the agony of Change better than Elena does.

Well, she's an extremely beautiful woman, but her acting skills can be considered as average... as you said, Logan's actor seems to be much more "professional".
And about the CGI, I am still against it. I mean, the future for a "perfect" TF would be (IMHO) prosthetics + animatronics with the CGI used to "fill the holes". The reason is because with "real" stuff the actors could get a better understandment about the scene, and there is a real interaction between the body being transformed and the whole environment, and that is something that lacks the CGI, save for the most expensive productions.

@odedoncoke: Don't worry about that detail about the muzzle. I assume that they will show some more in next episodes (pay attention to episode 4 wink ).

About the story, it is basically the one in the book, if you liked it, then watch the series. For the rest... it was not incredible, but I'd give it a second chance next week.

#27 2014-01-15 03:42:40

ODedonCoke

Wow you have insider information? More details please!!

I did read the first book in the "Elena" storyline of the Otherworld, but it was some years back. Now that it's been realised into a TV series I get to relive the experience smile

There's just not enough girl wolves out there....

#28 2014-01-15 09:50:09

zockereinstein

ODedonCoke wrote:

Wow you have insider information? More details please!!

I did read the first book in the "Elena" storyline of the Otherworld, but it was some years back. Now that it's been realised into a TV series I get to relive the experience smile

I'd love to, but no, I was just guessing, as long as we have the name of the episodes, so we could try to connect them with the book chapters, that's all.
Btw: if you could, try to get the canadian ones, and you will avoid a bit of censorship (I mean, 2 or 3 seconds) on werewolf thing... yes, USA censorship attacks again.

#29 2014-01-18 16:57:51

fredriksam

Hi There. I have seen the first episode on a streaming site. I liked what i saw. Elenas white werewolf are so cool and Elena looks sexy. I have found a very good fansite where theres lots of pictures and stuff. Recommended.

http://bittentheseries.com/

#30 2014-01-19 22:37:55

ODedonCoke

Minor spoilers for those in the US: Epi 2 has no transformation scenes worth noting. Just a partial hand change, and that's about it.

Plenty of arse though. Both from the guys and Ms Vandervoort.

#31 2014-01-24 23:12:56

MarkOne
Website

Just saw on SyFy that Bitten's moving to a new time, 8PM ET on Mondays,  starting with this week's episode.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#32 2014-01-26 03:38:44

ODedonCoke

***Minor spoiler***

Epi 3: Elena does not Change in this episode. Though someone else does. Bummer. Hope they'll make up for this next week.

#33 2014-02-02 06:52:34

fredriksam

Spoiler

SPOILER

Ep 04

We see Elena And Clay In Wolf Form running in the woods. Clay makes a move on Elena. Sadly no transformation scenes. Hopefully we might see some in next episode.

#34 2014-02-05 10:28:41

fredriksam

He He. Made some screencaps from the fourth episode and had some fun.

Enjoy.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/fredriksam/UpsetElena_zps597a2048.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/fredriksam/ClayLovingAndElenaAngry_zpsab9a400f.jpg

Last edited by fredriksam (2014-02-06 10:36:44)

#35 2014-02-06 19:55:48

WolfMontana

Uh. So they're completely CGI?

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#36 2014-02-07 09:09:45

zockereinstein

Yep, in fact, the eyes were created similar to the actors'. And they call this "bad CGI" in some critics out there.

#37 2014-02-08 03:31:51

blackjack60
Website

zockereinstein wrote:

Yep, in fact, the eyes were created similar to the actors'. And they call this "bad CGI" in some critics out there.

It's not bad. Just mediocre. In motion the "wolves" look especially fake.

#38 2014-02-08 05:40:21

zockereinstein

blackjack60 wrote:

zockereinstein wrote:

It's not bad. Just mediocre. In motion the "wolves" look especially fake.

Really? Well, the only way I could distinguish the CGI was seeing their eyes (but this is intentional), and in certain one of two stills out there (one for the upcoming episode, in the moment when Elena is going to be bitten). And comparing to others, these wolves look more realistic than the ones in <ehm> Twilight, by far, and they had a huge budget. Yes, those didn't look like real wolves, at least in size, but the integration in the surroundings was very poor.

#39 2014-02-08 09:00:59

WolfMontana

Hmm. Personally, I find them to look unrealistic. Obviously CGI. (my first statement was more surprise that they went with CGI, not confusion over whether they were) I personally like the Twilight wolf effects, because at least they added a little bit of natural patterning to their wolves.

I hated the movies, but I didn't have a problem with the actual wolves themselves.

Guess I need to see the show, see them in action. I'm just a bit surprised that they went totally CGI, but didn't really give the wolves any sort of distinction (outside of eye color) to justify the cost?

Basing this off two stills though, which isn't really fair. I'll check it out.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#40 2014-02-09 05:44:36

ODedonCoke

I read somewhere that some members of the CGI team also worked on Life of Pi previously. Considering the budget limitations, I think they did a pretty good job. Yes some of the movements do look unrealistic but that's to be expected of any CGI.

JB Sugar also stated in one of the interviews that they took the decision to go full CGI because of the difficulties of working with real wolves (apparently they're harder to train than regular dogs).

***Minor Spoiler***

S01E05: The moment where Elena first Changes. It's not too bad - basically a slight extension of the bits and pieces we saw in the trailer.

Still, I would have liked to see the transition from human face to canine muzzle in more detail.

Nudity warning: Derriere and side boobs in a couple of scenes.

#41 2014-02-10 22:59:50

blackjack60
Website

WolfMontana wrote:

Basing this off two stills though, which isn't really fair. I'll check it out.

If you thought the stills looked fake, you won't like seeing them in motion, because that's worse. I wasn't a Twilight fan, but the wolves there were slightly better.
I'm not convinced by the producer's saying they had to use CGI because of the "difficulties of working with real wolves." That hardly stopped True Blood or the Vampire Diaries or even Teen Wolf (which has featured real wolves a couple times).

#42 2014-02-14 18:18:07

Twopaw Tarnished-Silver

Morning!

To think I'm actually local to this production, hee. (Toronto, Ontario werewolf pup!) Haven't really dipped into seeing much of the series so far, but I'm curious. Yay for curiousity!

-2Paw.

#43 2014-02-15 04:13:43

Hunter Immune

Guys, someone to do some short film in AAWIL or The Dark (Nyle Cavazos) style, with a big bad female werewolf, maybe an hot ebony or black exotic girl or woman or not take it anymore ... smile

#44 2014-02-16 14:37:19

fredriksam

SPOILERS POILERS.

Episode 06: sadly no transformation or wolf scenes. there is alot of Elena being at the wedding and Santos too. Someone is pregnat too.

#45 2014-02-17 14:08:52

blackjack60
Website

Thank you for the information Fredrik. I suspect that when it comes to transformations, this show has shot its wad.

#46 2014-02-24 04:46:18

ODedonCoke

***Minor spoiler***

No one changes in this epi (at least we don't see them). Someone dies though - but I'm not saying who wink

#47 2014-03-01 18:56:40

fredriksam

Some scenes in the episodes are quite funny. Even if they arent supposed to. Here is some of the scenes i find funny.

In episode 02 when they search after the mutt, Clay pets Elena when she's a wolf. She doesnt like that very much. Later when they are home, Clay and Elena discuss why she's upset and dont wanna change. Elena doesnt wanna talk about it but she says
"the fact is.. You pet me..
Clay answer "You let me.
The funny thing here is the way Elena says pet me. It sounds like she says pett me with long t afterward. I chuckled a little when i heard it first time.

in episode 04 Elena and Clay go for a run as wolves. They run side to side together. Then Clay wolf jumps on Elena and bring her to the ground. It looks like he's about to mount Elena.

However that doesn't happen. Elena wolf lay on the ground protesting against Clay. They look at each other and Clay makes a funny face. Elena jumps up from him and they run again. Clay wolf looks very goofy.

Not an actual scene, but i notices every time we see the wolfs view theres a sound that sounds like ziing to make you understand we see the wolves view. I think the sound is unneccesary and distracting.

Last edited by fredriksam (2014-03-01 18:57:35)

#48 2014-03-03 05:45:47

ODedonCoke

Epi 8 is meh

#49 2014-03-09 10:09:18

ODedonCoke

***Spoiler***

Epi 09: Elena's adrenaline rush causes her to begin to Change while hiding from a baddie with a gun.

The key word here is "begin"; she manages to reverse the transformation while it's not even halfway. This is a deviation from the book, where she Changes fully into a wolf because of the panic attack, and the sound of her shifting vertebrae hitting the undercarriage of the car she's hiding under alerts the bad guys to her location.

Looks like they pussied out on this scene sad

On the bright side, there seems to be another female wolf towards the end. We see her twisting in pain, half-formed. smile

#50 2014-03-22 12:02:18

fredriksam

SPOILERS.

Ep 10. No wolf action but we meet Victor Olsen.

On another note.

The score to the series is out on Itunes and Spotify. Search for Todor Kobakov on Spotify and you find it.

The track "gone" as featured in one of the episodes are sadly not featured and the Rave tracks are not featured either. But the other instrumental music is there.

I like some of the tracks very much. Including "Opening Theme", "The Pack Gathers", "Clay And Elena", "Clay And Elena Run", "Elena Gets Bitten", "First Transformation", "Clean Up" and many more.

Board footer