The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-13 23:02:50

WolfenGirl

What are your top 10 fave werewolf movies?

Ok so...I know there are a lot of amazing lycan movies out there, and it's actually pretty hard to narrow down but..Here are my top 10, in no particular order except for the first 2 big_smile

1. Ginger Snaps (first saw this in theatres on opening night here in Canada, May 11th 2001. Been obsessed ever since lol! Still my all time fave movie and always will be smile )

2. Ginger Snaps Unleashed (You gotta admit, it was one hell of a sequel. Ghost's character was just gently caressing great too)

3. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (so much lycan epicness in one movie!)

4. An American Werewolf in London (Classic, and one of the most mind blowing transformation scenes I've ever seen in any werewolf film)

5. Silver Bullet (Love the story. Sure the special effects weren't the greatest, but I still loved it )

6. Bad Moon (I saw this movie when I was 11, and it is the very thing that got me into werewolves. Was pretty crazy for this movie for a while lol I don't care what anyone says but..The werewolf in that movie looked flipping AMAZEBALLS. )

7.The Wolfman ( I loved the original, but the remake was terrific. Totally underrated.)

8. An American Werewolf in Paris (Sure it was a remake, and the CGI wasn't the best..But I rather enjoyed this one smile )

9. Dog Soldiers ( Brilliant. Great humor, great script..Dog Soldiers is to the UK what Ginger Snaps is to Canada. And they are definitely both worthy cult hits)

10. Werewolf: The beast among us (Am I the only one who thoroughly enjoyed this lol?)

"Out by sixteen or dead in this scene but together forever"

#2 2013-07-09 14:03:10

WolfenOne95

Re: What are your top 10 fave werewolf movies?

I loved the Wolf man and American Werewolf in London. Those are my two favorites but I've never seen Ginger Snaps but have heard a lot about it and will probably rent it sometime soon.

Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf , when the wolf bane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.  -The Wolfman

#3 2013-07-09 22:11:49

WolfMontana

Ooh, you should big_smile 2nd ones super harsh though.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#4 2013-07-10 12:13:06

The Busboy
Administrator

I like that trilogy a lot.

#5 2013-07-10 12:49:31

lupinealchemist

I was never sure how Ginger Snaps Back tied in with the trilogy.

#6 2013-07-10 21:03:28

WolfenGirl

It was more of a stand alone film. They thought it would be fun and interesting to give GS fans a "period" piece prequel smile But YES, to whomever has NOT seen Ginger Snaps, I strongly encourage you to rent/buy it. It is and always will be my all time favorite movie <3  WolfMontana: You thought GS unleashed was harsh? Like, in a good or bad way? What did you/didn't you like about it? I thought it was actually a really original idea for a sequel, though I wasn't huge on the fact that you find out Monkshood was actually only a lycanthropy suppressor..I liked to think it was a cure. Regardless, I LOVED the entire trilogy. Just recently came across the soundtrack to Ginger Snaps Back (I emailed the composer and he sent me the files because the official soundtrack was never released and the downloadable soundtrack is NOWHERE to be found online, aside from the opening theme) I gotta say, I'm pretty damn happy about it! big_smile

"Out by sixteen or dead in this scene but together forever"

#7 2013-07-11 00:09:47

WolfMontana

Harsh as in quite dark. The lass has a pretty shitty time of it, and it never really gets better wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer