The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-23 00:36:13

ScarFierceClaw

Therianthropy help! Chimera?

Hi,
I am a therian. I have been "awake" for about 2 months. At first I thought bear, then cougar and now wolf. But now the elder of my pack is saying I'm a chamera of all three of those animals. I have MANY questions so I will number and list them. Please answer full.
1)how do I gain my senses and extra abilities?
2) how do you m shift?
3) how do chimeras m shift?
4) can you talk to your therian?
5)what other info do you have on chimeras?
6) how does the full moon work?
7) can we p shift?
8) what are some great stories you have?
9) can chimeras actually control fire?
10) how do chimeras control fire?
11) I am said to be a very powerful being awakening but what being?
12) do werewolves who p shift on their first shift exist?
13) what are warning about Therianthropy?

I know it's a lot. Answer as much as you can! Thank you!

#2 2014-02-24 01:50:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Therianthropy help! Chimera?

Well, yeah, you really should read the rest of the forums under Therianthropy. It answers a lot of the questions you asked including many you probably will ask, but it probably will be useful to put them all in one place (although future posters probably won't look here). But it's important to note that many of your questions make faulty assumptions which make it sorta difficult to answer them. But here I go....

1)how do I gain my senses and extra abilities?
I've already addressed this. Weres probably have no better senses than nonWeres - they just use them more and pay better attention. Many Weres have a "condition" called hypervigilance - they're very connected to their surroundings. Generally Were's extra abilities are not particularly awe inspiring, so you probably shouldn't angst about it too much. Most of the better ones are shamanic in nature and, as I've said above, the best way to wake them up is to associate with other Weres.
2) how do you m shift?
Usually, heightened states of arousal (and I'm not talking specifically about sex) with cause a shift. Some Weres can intentionally trigger a shift by causing a burst of adrenalin. Music does it for some.
3) how do chimeras m shift?
What you call "chimeras" (it's not a standard term in the community) sounds like what we call polyweres. They're no different from other Weres except that they have multiple theriotypes.
4) can you talk to your therian?
Your Therian is you. Of course you can talk to him/her/it. Some Weres are so dissociated as to have multiple personalities. If that is the case, some personas may not share consciousness and they may not communicate. In that case, you may not be able to do so - but that's rare.
5)what other info do you have on chimeras?
They're polyweres.
6) how does the full moon work?
It doesn't. Some Weres feel some heightened excitement during full moons and many don't. I'm a water Were and have no effect from the moon. Most of us figure it's a psychological trigger. Some of us believe that a full moon affects them so it does. Note, though, that, historically, a full moon has nothing to do with a Were shifting.
7) can we p shift?
Probably (very probably) not. Historically, Weres did not p-shift and there's no reason to believe that they've gained that ability. I don't persume to know, though.
8) what are some great stories you have?
You mean, personally - there's not enough room here and I wouldn't know where to start.
9) can chimeras actually control fire?
Some can in minor ways. I can control smoke but if I do it too much, there's a rebound effect and I usually regret it.
10) how do chimeras control fire?
I don't know anyone who knows. I suspect it has something to do with manipulating chaotic processes. Weres have a knack for that.
11) I am said to be a very powerful being awakening but what being?
I'm not at all sure what you're asking there.
12) do werewolves who p shift on their first shift exist?
I have no reason to believe that Weres who p-shift exist.
13) what are warning about Therianthropy?
Don't angst too much about what you don't know. It will come to you as you need it. If you have shamanic abilities - if you spontaneously shift into Dreamtime - don't assume that you have full control of everything there and that nothing can hurt you. Don't jump the  gun and go into deep Dreamtime before you learn how to conduct yourself in near Dreamtime. And don't get a big head. We're just one cog in nature. Humans are as important (if not more) than we are. But we all have our places and the whole of nature won't work right if it loses a part. And don't assume that all Weres are your friends. There are good Weres and there are bad Weres.

Last edited by WolfVanZandt (2014-02-24 01:51:39)

Board footer