The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-05 00:18:06

MarkOne
Website

Big Bad Wolf

I just heard about a new werewolf movie that's in production and it looks pretty wild. For starters, the werewolf in this one looks vicious as hell., something they  say is "a cross between Hannibal Lecter and The WolfMan"  Second, there will be tons of gore and blood, with some violent scenes not for the faint of heart. And third, and I believe it's a movie first, the werewolf in this one is [b}going to talk!!![/b} And to top it all off, David Naughton, from An American Werewolf in London, has a cameo in the film.

Here are some links to the film, courtesy of Fangoria magazine:

The first link, back in November, covers the movie's synopsis and sketch drawing of the wolf:
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5142

The next one, shows the first set of photos from the film, including what the beast looks like:
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5299

And the last link, has a conversation with the director about the film's gore and special effects:
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5468
(Warning: this link has some very gory looking photos, so be prepared!)

After reading this over, I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#2 2006-02-05 02:19:37

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Big Bad Wolf

O.o

Whut is that? It looks like a Yak with fangs. It's  gorefest about a Wereyak.

Oog!

#3 2006-02-06 09:24:15

The Busboy
Administrator

Wow, I didn't know about this film, cool cast, I'm gonna have to get that one on DVD.

#4 2006-02-06 09:29:31

The Busboy
Administrator

Here's an imdb link to follow: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0488962/

#6 2006-03-31 09:12:03

The Busboy
Administrator

O.k., I think this is the official webpage: www.rainstormentertainment.com

Also, here's another article on it: http://www.horrorchannel.com/index.php? … p;sid=4629

#7 2006-04-11 02:01:56

MarkOne
Website

Some new news has come in about this film and it's definitely has me psyched, if they can pull it off:

First of all, that poster that's been up promoting the film is only a temporary one until the producers create something new. Still, that first one looks quite good.

Next, they've done some test screenings of the film and according to one of the producers, it's convinced them to "punch up the opening by filming an all-new sequence to grab the audience by the throat, and give ’em what they came for from the get-go. This will include creating a new makeup prosthetic and a death which, as far as I know, has never been seen before."

Then here's some even bigger news from that same producer, they want to do something that all of us werewolf fans would love to see in a werewolf film: a transformation scene worthy of even AWIL!

A quote from that producer: "Nowadays, it seems filmmakers get lazy and rely too much on CGI and hokey ‘morphing’ effects. We want the audience to hear tendons pop and cartilage crack—to feel the pain of a human body undergoing immense stress as it transforms. We are going to raise the bar for transformation sequences and believe audiences will freak when they see ours! We have opted for a combination of makeup effects and cutting-edge CGI—married seamlessly with a great performance by our lead—so that you’re not sure how it is done."

Pretty big words, but if they pull that off, I cannot wait to see this film!!! Anyways, here is the link to the whole article, from Fangoria magazine, complete with new photos:
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5902

#8 2006-04-11 08:03:24

Noel
Website

All the publicity stills for the film can be found here:

http://www.christelgoldenimages.com/gallery/wolf.php

#9 2006-04-11 09:44:14

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you MarkOne!
Thank you Noel!

#10 2006-04-14 14:36:35

WolfMontana

WolfVanZandt wrote:

O.o

Whut is that? It looks like a Yak with fangs. It's  gorefest about a Wereyak.

Oog!

big_smile Don't underestimate them dude, they'll git ya. (probably suffocate you under all that hair)

Seriously though, the last piccie on the second link from MarkOne's first post looks pretty cool. I always prefer muzzles, but the guy looks pretty good in that shot. Suffering from a bit of chest mange though.

It'll be interesting to see if they do outdo AWIL in the transformation. big_smile  And hey, David Naughton? Cool! (just don't let him get munched!)

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#11 2006-04-14 23:14:25

RedStreak

It looks like it might have potential, despite not being a full-out lupine transformation.  Its a step-up from the original Wolf-Man I'll say at the least.

I say, if it does hit theaters, I think it out to be worth at least one visit.

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#12 2006-09-04 22:15:07

The Busboy
Administrator

There is an update about the film on their webpage at www.rainstormentertainment.com

#13 2006-09-04 23:24:50

WolfMontana

Now that's a damn impressive flash logo smile Love that umbrella thing, beautifully done.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#14 2006-09-05 00:56:47

theroadwolf
4star general
Website

could someone help me find the article about the film

#15 2006-09-05 10:56:14

The Busboy
Administrator

theroadwolf wrote:

could someone help me find the article about the film

There isn't a direct link to that page, but go to www.rainstormentertainment.com then after the page loads, click on the "red umbrella", then when you get to the next page, click on "Films in production" to see the drop down menu for "Big Bad Wolf".

#16 2006-09-05 10:56:46

The Busboy
Administrator

WolfMontana wrote:

Now that's a damn impressive flash logo smile Love that umbrella thing, beautifully done.

Yes, it's pretty awesome the way they did it.

#17 2006-09-05 13:57:49

alphanubilus

Their temp poster does not impress me much, since they've borrowed a werewolf screen capture from An American Werewolf in Paris. That is correct, the snarling werewolf in the picture (with exception of the claws) is the werewolf custume used in AWP. Brad Steiger has that very same picture on the cover of his book, "The Werewolf Book: Encyclopedia of Shapeshifting Beings."

I would rather see some temp artwork, rather than another movies monster effects. That is just my opinion though.

#18 2006-11-18 14:08:19

The Busboy
Administrator

"Big Bad Wolf" website is up and there is a movie trailer on it check it out at:
http://www.bigbadwolfmovie.net/

#19 2006-11-19 00:48:32

theroadwolf
4star general
Website

read the synopsis  and it looks like a good flick

#20 2007-03-05 14:19:03

MarkOne
Website

I just found out that it will be coming out on DVD sometime in June.

No word on if it'll be released in theatres, but from what I read it got some positive buzz in festival screenings.

#21 2007-03-05 18:58:34

The Busboy
Administrator

I gotta get that DVD.

#22 2007-03-14 23:22:26

The Busboy
Administrator

MarkOne wrote:

I just found out that it will be coming out on DVD sometime in June.

No word on if it'll be released in theatres, but from what I read it got some positive buzz in festival screenings.

I think I found it at amazon.com, if so, it looks like it will be out on June 5th, 2007:
http://www.amazon.com/Big-Bad-Wolf/dp/B … amp;sr=1-1

#23 2007-04-18 20:39:09

Feraluna

Just watched the trailer... doesn't look so good to me. I'm not a fan of gore for one thing, such actions can be communicated and be more effective as a psych/thrill effect by story and words and insinuating. Leaving something to the imagination can be a lot scarier.

And the minute I saw teens in a cabin in the woods... good gahd, how cliche. This is one film I'll prejudge completely  by its trailer and skip it.

#24 2007-05-01 06:17:20

Deviancy
Website

This makes it sound promising..

"I've always felt that the werewolf is, or should be, the incarnation of the primal id—the beast within man. And if that beast was unleashed, it wouldn’t just go around devouring people—it would rape and pillage as well. So we didn’t want to shy away from that. Our beast has a strong lascivious side—and acts upon it. It might make some people a little uncomfortable, but he doesn't go through the entire film raping people, but it is part of the film—one I believe is true to the nature of the werewolf myth."

I have to agree with the director or producer.  I personally feel that vampire/werewolf fiction has become quite weak over the years, at least the bigger budget flicks.  Ginger Snaps was the last decent werewolf flick I've seen, even the second was decent.  But for the most part I find that things have become almost general audience in regards to the graphic violence.  I personally feel the werewolf genre needs the brutality, gore and less of the estrogen kiddie like mentality.

I personally blame Anne Rice for making the vampire genre consist of Sigfried and Roy with fangs.

I imagine Big Bad Wolf will have cliches and perhaps be a little corny, but that's how horror movies generally are.  I don't expect the same kind of cerebral output that I'd get from a suspense thriller in a gore flick and the werewolf genre imo is one based around gore and gratitous sex scenes wink.

Just my two bits smile

And just in case anyone hasn't mentioned it yet..

There will be an R rated version and a NR version.

Amazon and CDuniverse show different versions of the dvd.  Amazon has them both listed as R but Cduniverse shows one as an R and one as a NR.  If this sounds confusing..

Just check this out..

NR link - http://tinyurl.com/358ns9
R Link - http://tinyurl.com/yqrh5x

Couple bucks more for the NR if you decide to go with Amazon but if you go with Cduniverse they're the same price.

Last edited by Deviancy (2007-05-01 06:19:50)

#25 2007-06-05 18:19:33

The Busboy
Administrator

This movie is out on DVD today.

Board footer