The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-06-06 03:21:55

MarkOne
Website

Re: Big Bad Wolf

OK, now that the movie's officailly out on DVD, I have a question: has anyone been able to get it at the stores? I've called around a couple places where I go to buy DVDs and neither of them have it available. I'll check a couple more this week, but it's looking like I'll get my copy(unrated, of course smile ) online, where it looks it'll be a lot cheaper.

Also, let everyone know who does have it so that they can post the first review here on the Cafe. Thanks!

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#27 2007-06-06 22:37:04

The Busboy
Administrator

I ordered it online, but I won't get it until next week sometime (because I ordered "Blood & Chocolate" along with it too, and that comes out next week).  I am going to have a werewolf movie fest a week from Saturday!

#28 2007-06-06 22:43:54

MarkOne
Website

Sounds good. I'm ordering it from Best Buy.com, should get it this weekend if not early next week.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#29 2007-06-07 00:03:34

WolfMontana

The Busboy wrote:

I am going to have a werewolf movie fest a week from Saturday!

WOOT! big_smile *heads over to Busboy's place*

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#30 2007-06-08 11:25:22

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

This looks pretty damn cool.
And pretty damn gorey.
Therefore, I must see it.
big_smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#31 2007-06-08 12:43:55

native-lycan
Website

holy wolfinskin, he can talk!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!

I'm A True Follower Of The Ancient Ways, Which Include Believing In Ancient Spirits, Like The Spirit Of Predators Like The Wolf Or The Jaguar, This Are My Spirit Guides..... THE DARK PREDATOR WILL PREY ON YOUR SOUL, I'M THE WEREJAGUARWOLF.......GRGRRRRR!!!

#32 2007-06-21 15:57:21

Dedwyre
Website

Pretty good movie.  The beginning was good, the ending was good enough, and there were some good parts in the middle.  There was some stupid stuff, too, but not enough to make it a stinker (ala "The Feeding").  It's pretty dirty in terms of sexual interaction, though.

"Oh yeah, yeah, I know all about werewolves.  [Titanium] stakes, magic holy earplugs, I saw Howling 2."

http://dedwyre.deviantart.com

#33 2007-06-21 19:12:34

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you for the post Dedwyre!  I just got my DVD in the mail this week, so I am looking forward to watching it this weekend.

#34 2007-06-23 19:47:25

The Busboy
Administrator

Just finished watching the movie, I thought it it was very good, but I recommend it to 18 year olds and older due to content.  I thought Richard Tyson did a really good job with his role, and I thought the screenplay was well written.  It definitely held you interest.

#35 2007-06-29 12:54:14

KeyWolf

Does anyone know when/if this is getting a region 2 release?

#36 2007-08-21 09:02:33

Deviancy
Website

I totally forgot about this flick while waiting for it to be released.  That's what they get for making me wait...

I picked it up the other day at Suncoast though.  They had both covers, still not sure what the difference between the two is other than price.  They wanted 22 for the brownish cover one and 15 for the bluish cover.  Both said the flick was R rated so I guess one isn't unrated or what have you.  So I went with the cheaper one figuring the cover was the only difference.

So I tossed the dvd into the ol player..

I had low expectations, which was for the best.

For example, the much talked about rape scene in the flick was so pg-13 like I almost fell over laughing.  It wasn't graphic at all really unless you count a guy in a bear suit going at it doggy style with no bits showing.. graphic.  Now Clockwork Orange had a graphic rape scene and I saw that movie in my high school english class, so I guess it comes down to ones sense of morality.

Overall the movie had quite a bit of gore, and it was done rather well.  And of course the witty one liners that the werewolf spewed out where very amusing. 

So despite the fact that none of the actors had any chemistry and the script was crap with the exception of the one liners.. I still had fun watching the movie. 

But my full review can be found here..

Big Bad Review

Next up.. Skin Walkers..

#37 2007-10-05 09:58:40

Snap Crack 'n' Chomp

I think the controsovicy of the Rape had more to do with the fact that he was an Animal, in a sense.
Well... Rape is fairly controvercial all by itself ;P

I found the movie FUN, but the characters were just so terrible... save for the Stepdad. He rocked.

#38 2008-03-08 09:38:38

jesterpress
Website

I just watched this movie via online NETFLIX...so you can see it there if you don't want to actually buy it...

I thought it was pretty good...kinda leans towards the horror movies of the 80's with the horny naked people getting killed but there's nothing wrong with that

Apparently, in this werewolf universe...being a werewolf makes you incredibly horny....and you can transform in the middle of the day?? 

But overall a good werewolf movie....so I would call it a must see for any werewolf fan...but best transformation scene since AWIL???  I don't think so!

#39 2008-03-25 19:25:18

ManBeastOfTheNorthEast

I thought this movie was the wolf's bullocks... The werewolf had the man beast look.That's how I think werewolves should look... A better example would be the new wolf man movie pics.The werewolf looks killer.Not into the over CG'd Van Helsing... If not the man beast than a dire wolf like AWIL is fine by me...
Most people forget one thing about werewolves.... The wolf just gives the jaws and power to kill.... It's the man inside that makes it more malicious.. Those primitive instincts... Don't get me wrong unlike most people claim... Animals enjoy killing as much as we do.... Your domestic house cat will show you that much.... But primitive man and wolf combined *Shivers* That's one bad mofo, Darling.

That's why I liked the wolf ape werewolves in AWIP....

Just my 2 silver peices...

http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vi … =113123229
^4 and a dewclaw, Baby!
Aaawhroooooo,
Eddie.

#40 2008-03-26 18:27:20

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

i got it the day it came out,i was pretty dissapionted with the ending,and they could have done better with the effects,the only thing i really liked about it was the amount of gore involved(i really like gory movies),thats basically the only reason i bought it.

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#41 2008-03-26 22:33:57

punxnotdead

I refuse to watch an over-gored and over-sexed movie. They're so over rated and it's a movies' cheap way to make up for a shitty storyline. Personally, I hate almost every werewolf movie because they fall into that category. I like a sensible plot and action.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#42 2008-03-26 22:53:01

ManBeastOfTheNorthEast

Nothing wrong with a little gore... A little sex.... Hey! Maybe even gory sex?!?!?!?!?

^4 and a dewclaw, Baby!
Aaawhroooooo,
Eddie.

#43 2008-03-26 23:31:20

WritingWulf

Ok, the movie started out wonderfully with the unexpected duo of friends (I love the female actress, she rocks) and since ive never seen the other actors other then the step dad it was a refreshment to seeing the same actors over and over.

"Hey isnt that Billie?"

"Naw dog, thats Ken, your thinking of Revenge of the killer moles 1! not the second...."

"......Why did they switch the same actor to a different role?"

"......*shrug*"

Exactly. Anyway, I liked the desperate feeling I got from the girl, she risked and sacrificed alote for her friend. Also, I loved the fact that after the step dad's ploy of living in a "Family" had gone down the tube he started asking for forgiveness and such, only showing that even though he was over the side of the cliff, he might have still had a bit of him left.

Also, the death scene of the dad's bro, that was SO unexpected. But the dude was stupid so..meh. And the way he was killed so offhandedly even though he was a centered chr really made me laugh. I mean, we really get it out there that no matter how important you think you is, you can still die fast and easy. tongue

The ending I enjoyed alote because the fact they didnt do something so STUPID as suicide. OMG I freaking hate when they do something like, "I must sacrifice myself...to save you" SO FREAKING STUPID!!

But no, instead they stood their ground and they gonna face the curse head on, I LOVE it! Finally, someone who isnt a wimp!

And for the transfo seq....omg...i was laughing, it was terrible but the overall werewolf after he was done transfomin was AWESOME! lol, and i loved the fact the wolf could talk!

Me and my friend were watching and all of a sudden we heard the deep voice and we sorta jumped, LOVED IT!! And as for the raping ....I kinda felt bad the virgin got raped and killed but it was kinda funny. AND OMG!!!! The part where the dudes no nades got ripped off....I almost cried....

#44 2008-03-26 23:46:33

ManBeastOfTheNorthEast

I'm with you one hundred percent.... Transformation was weak. But I liked how the werewolf looked similar to what we're gonna get in the wolf man remake.... Not that they look the same just that style of werewolf.

The guy playing the werewolf stole the show and made you love to hate him.

I just can't see how a werewolf fan can't like this movie..... It was a blast.

I see you're a bite fight guy, Writing.... I'm a MG guy. You play as well?

Never mind we spoke about that on yahoo... Duh! forgot... I tried bite fight and gotta say I like MG much better

Last edited by ManBeastOfTheNorthEast (2008-03-26 23:55:40)

^4 and a dewclaw, Baby!
Aaawhroooooo,
Eddie.

#45 2008-03-27 00:03:01

WritingWulf

MG? Whas that?

And what you said of the Step Dad, totally

#46 2008-03-27 00:26:03

ManBeastOfTheNorthEast

MG Monster game... The link I sent you on yahoo...It's vampires vs. werewolves like Bite fight.... Just more fun.

^4 and a dewclaw, Baby!
Aaawhroooooo,
Eddie.

#47 2008-03-28 14:05:22

BlackWolfMarwood

The girl in Big Bad Wolf was pretty hot XD

#48 2008-03-28 15:57:58

ManBeastOfTheNorthEast

Hellz yeah! She was sexy in that Piper from charmed kinda way.... I dig that.

^4 and a dewclaw, Baby!
Aaawhroooooo,
Eddie.

#49 2010-06-16 10:54:29

The Busboy
Administrator

From another forum topic that was deleted (since this one already existed):

Totalimmortal wrote:

Anybody else seen this?
It's pretty decent for something so low-budget.  Good gore and a werewolf that makes smartass remarks.  Good stuff!

Reptile wrote:

I think I saw a thread for this somewhere down below.

And yeah, it was a surprisingly fun movie. I liked it.

WolfMontana wrote:

Yep, saw it. It was just a lusting vicious dude in a fursuit for me wink Not a werewolf flick. (yes, I know it WAS supposed to be a werewolf flick, but just didn't count as one for me)

Reptile wrote:

WolfMontana wrote:

Yep, saw it. It was just a lusting vicious dude in a fursuit for me wink Not a werewolf flick. (yes, I know it WAS supposed to be a werewolf flick, but just didn't count as one for me)

Was he not pretty enough for you?

#50 2010-06-17 22:31:38

WolfMontana

Ha! Pretty? His 'human' form, or his fursuit?

I'm just not all that into sexual aggression/violence. I like plain ol' violence just fine. smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer