The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#151 2008-05-02 17:50:18

Wolfy

Re: Am I a Werewolf/Therian?

lykos wrote:

Wolfy wrote:

It probably makes more sense to just worry about criminals in general.  Even if there really are a few nutters out there that think they're hunting honest to God monsters, what are the odds you run into one?  You probably won't go around telling every random person you meet that you're a were anyway.

we know don't we?

I'm sorry Lykos, I don't undrstand what you're getting at with your comment. hmm

#152 2008-05-02 19:16:36

lykos

we know there weres don't we why shoulden't they

The moon is ever beautiful
And the moon is ever strong
Especially the moon of December 
Which makes me feel at home

#153 2008-05-02 19:34:33

WolfMontana

*blink*

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#154 2008-05-02 21:47:57

lykos

not to tell them bit if we can find out so can they

#155 2008-05-03 03:06:35

DelawareWolf17

???

Exhausted Workercog

#156 2008-05-03 03:44:43

WolfVanZandt
Website

Lykos, it's not a secret. If "they" want to know, "they" already know, and have known for 10 years or so.

#157 2008-05-03 11:47:05

Wolfy

lykos wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying now.  Sorry once again for the confusion.  That's a good point.  However, I think that with common sense any problems could easily be avoided for the most part.  I mean, there's risk involved in everything and I would imagine that as long as you do what you would normally do to protect yourself from just regular old psychos (like not walking down a dark ally alone at night, not giving out your real information online) then you'll more than likely be ok.  There is always a chance that yeah, you could have a problem with one anyway, but there are probably many things that would be more realistic to worry about.  I'm not trying to brush off your fears or anything, I'm just hoping to make you feel better about the situation.

#158 2008-05-03 11:54:14

Midnight Hunter

i hate the way crowds feel they make me feel like everyone is attacking me at once.
TeenLycan have you experienced any kind of intense urge that you feel like you couldn't control?
Like if you see deer or elk do you feel liek running after it?
That happens to me all the time. And do ever feel liek you can never get enough food? Weres tend to have very high metabolisms. Although this can't be a conclusive sign. Als odo have problems with your hearign?
Like really high or low sounds makae you cringe?

Really the shite.!!

#159 2008-05-04 04:34:07

teenlycan
Website

I have a very high metabolism and I crave meat all the time, I could eat a large meal and be hungry two hours later at the latest. I can hear better than a lot of people, I cringe at very high pitched noises (look at one of my earlier posts in this topic), I hate the noise of styrofoam breaking lol. I've feel urges like running after things that move, going outside, howling, hunting, growl, shifting, etc. Actually it's been an urge for me to have someone to show affection too like finding a mate. Are you a therian Midnight Hunter?

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

#160 2008-05-04 15:16:46

Notawolfname

I've been less active and haven't wanted to go outside lately, and I think it's because I lost my play mate (IE my sister with boyfriend), has this ever happened to any one else?

...and watch all the boys and girls dance, in the light of the moon...

#161 2008-05-04 18:09:50

teenlycan
Website

I dunno why you don't want to go outside and less active, has your wolf been surfacing at all since your sister got a boyfriend? No I can't say it's happen to me, but when I do go over my dad's house in the summer I play with his dog and when I leave I'm always sad but I think it'll be even worse now I know I'm a therian.

Here's a pic of me tooken a couple of months ago in L.A....

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg310/DarkLightningHero/IMG_5283.jpg

#162 2008-05-04 20:44:59

lykos

Wolfy wrote:

lykos wrote:

Ah, I see what you're saying now.  Sorry once again for the confusion.  That's a good point.  However, I think that with common sense any problems could easily be avoided for the most part.  I mean, there's risk involved in everything and I would imagine that as long as you do what you would normally do to protect yourself from just regular old psychos (like not walking down a dark ally alone at night, not giving out your real information online) then you'll more than likely be ok.  There is always a chance that yeah, you could have a problem with one anyway, but there are probably many things that would be more realistic to worry about.  I'm not trying to brush off your fears or anything, I'm just hoping to make you feel better about the situation.

Thats basically it i'm just worried that they came after my family if they did

#163 2008-05-04 20:49:14

lykos

Midnight Hunter wrote:

i hate the way crowds feel they make me feel like everyone is attacking me at once.
TeenLycan have you experienced any kind of intense urge that you feel like you couldn't control?
Like if you see deer or elk do you feel liek running after it?
That happens to me all the time. And do ever feel liek you can never get enough food? Weres tend to have very high metabolisms. Although this can't be a conclusive sign. Als odo have problems with your hearign?
Like really high or low sounds makae you cringe?

i get that alot

#164 2008-05-05 21:41:09

Notawolfname

teenlycan wrote:

I dunno why you don't want to go outside and less active, has your wolf been surfacing at all since your sister got a boyfriend? No I can't say it's happen to me, but when I do go over my dad's house in the summer I play with his dog and when I leave I'm always sad but I think it'll be even worse now I know I'm a therian.

Here's a pic of me tooken a couple of months ago in L.A....

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … G_5283.jpg

Yes, the usual, but I've seen my dog seriously crash when everyone goes out to play and he's left inside, or if theirs a lack of active people. My dad says it's because when they have nothing to do, they shut themselves down into sleep mode, kinda like my situation.

#165 2008-05-08 02:33:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

I've never heard the "Are you going to be a Therian 10 years down the road thing?" and I really like it. That's a great question. If a person is going to "grow out of" being a Therian, they're not a Therian to begin with. Like it or not, Therians are stuck with what they are (just like everybody else).

#166 2008-05-08 09:03:48

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Now that you mention that,it makes me realize something.For a few years when I was younger I kept saying "This is just a stage pre-teens go through,i'll grow out of it."Yet,the more I thought this,the more intense my animal feelings got.I still continued to ignore it and try to be "normal" but I later realized,I can't ignore what I really am...

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#167 2008-05-08 13:24:51

WolfMontana

That's an awesome, very thought provoking post Lobocursor.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#168 2008-05-08 17:40:00

Howlitzer
Website

Yeah, excellent point there Lobocursor. That's something I've been thinking about lately too.

I can't yet say I'm a therian, in fact I *mostly* came to this website as an avid werewolf fan... the movie/mythology kind.  I say *mostly* though because it was a little more than that, and there were a few little odd circumstances surrounding my arrival here, but I didn't think anything of it for a while. Prior to coming here I hadn't even heard of the word Therian nor considered anything like it.

But yeah, thinking about stuff recently I have begun to consider it. For one, I can really kinda relate to what LoupGarouAngel said up there....especially about just kinda not fitting in, and *not* growing out of it. Put simply, I was kind of a weird kid, I *still* don't fit in, but not really in the normal sense of that....I have plenty of good friends, I'm no social outcast, but yet on a pretty deep level I just don't really 100% relate to people.

So yeah, I've got some stuff to figure out, but I haven't brought it here because I don't want to sound like one of those "omg am I a werewolf?!!!!" people. That isn't me. And you're right, it ISN'T something you can figure out over an internet conversation or by taking some quiz....the internet doesn't know everything, and you don't really, truly *know* people over the internet. The best I can do is read up on it, at the very most asking people about it over instant messenger since I don't know anybody in person...but that's not a way to decide, just to get more info.....the only way is to figure things out FOR MYSELF. And why be in any rush to do so?

Last edited by Howlitzer (2008-05-08 18:10:04)

#169 2008-05-08 18:21:45

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Couldn't agree with you more Howlz,I feel the same way and am still sorting through many things myself.What you said about the not fitting in,I'm friends with everyone in my class,and have 2 close friends,yet out of all them and even my family I still have no one I can really relate to.I'm not being all sad and such(cause it sounds like that),I love 'em and all,but i'm still just a bit "different" from all them.
And the fact that I have yet to "grow out" of this thing in my life,that's what makes me believe I am a therian,cause i've been like this my whole life and their is Nothing to grow out of...aparently.hmm

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#170 2008-05-08 19:30:52

teenlycan
Website

Wow that's a very thought provoking post, lobo and I thank you for all the information it REALLY sounds like you know what your talking about so thanks.

Yeah I actually stumbled on this site on accident. I was just surfin the web and I saw an ad that said "Real Vampires Welcome!" so out of curiosity I clicked on the site, I was looking at the site and went to the forums and I read some of the topics (it was all very interesting). I then looked at a forum that said "The war of werewolves vs. vampires" I clicked on it and read a little, and went to google to search for weres and it took me to this site.

I saw this site was obviously a werewolf FAN site. I read some of the topics and I read one that was talking about being a Therian so I looked at the topic and found that I could relate, not knowing what a therian was I looked up the definition and here I am today. I thank everyone here, you guys have been great! big_smile

#171 2008-05-08 20:58:19

Notawolfname

I'm still at the point of differences from everyone point, and "Am I /really/ a werewolf?" but I think it could be for real...

#172 2008-06-02 07:13:23

teenlycan
Website

I've been learning more about wolves by watching documentaries and shows about them, but as for werewolves I haven't been so lucky...

How have you guys been? Haven't talked to y'all in a while.

#173 2008-06-02 11:00:04

FenrirFinale

Hi I'm the new guy.

Anyway if you can't seem to find any documentaries on werewolfs it's because there arn't many. I think the best thing you could do is to watch things like Monster documentaries and hope you get lucky.

Or you could just do what I do and find out for yourself. smile

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#174 2008-06-02 13:42:52

teenlycan
Website

Welcome FenrirFinale to the cafe, nice to meet you! Yeah your right funny thing is they have plenty vampire documentaries, lol.

#175 2008-06-02 15:01:23

Greaver
Website

Long time no see teelycan, wats up?

Board footer