The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-21 11:26:28

FenrirFinale

White Rose

Sarah awoke with the morning sun. She quickly climbed out of bed and got dressed.
It was the weekend and it was her day off so she was planning on going for a hike through the woods.

As she passed through the kitchen she grabbed a energy bar and her keys.  She made her way outside smiling up at the sky. She walked over to her small jeep and climbed in. As she started  the engine she couldn't help but smile. Her father had been smart to make her buy a jeep. She had at one point owned a car but after it croaked her father had repeatedly told her to buy a jeep. When she finally gave in he had surprised her with the beauty she was in now.  It was black with a simple brown soft top canvas. It had a wench built in and a huge front guard. Many times she had thought that she could hit a tree and her jeep wouldn't be damaged.

Smiling again she put the jeep in drive and pulled out of her drive way. She followed the road through the center of town. She was heading for the general store so she could buy a few bottles of water.  As she parked the jeep she looked over and saw a small group  of young boys harassing a cat.  She quickly walked over and called out to them.  They turned and faced her with a guilty look.

" What are you boys doing?! " She asked with a sharp tone

" Um well . . . " The one boy stammered in fear.

" Do you boys know what it's called when you hurt and tease a animal? " She asked angerly.

" No. "  They all said at once.

" It's called animal abuse and you can go to jail for it! " She said with a slight smirk on her face.  " Do you boys want to go to jail? "

" No were sorry! We'll leave the cat alone just please don't tell the sheriff! " They begged her.

" Ok I won't this time but if you ever hurt or tease an animal like that again I'm going to have to tell him understand? " She threatened with a smile.

" Of course Miss we won't do it again! " As they said this they turned and ran away quickly.

Smiling Sarah stepped over and stroked the frightened cat's back.

" Your ok now. " she whispered to it calmly.

She rose up and stepped into the store. It was a small place and she quickly bought what she needed pausing for only a second to pick up a pack of paper plates and a can of cat food.

As she stepped outside she saw the cat. It was underneath a bench at the end of the side walk. She approached it and kneeled down. Smiling at it she opened the can of cat food and the paper plates.   She dumped the food on a plate and pushed it over to the cat. It eagerly ate the food  growling in pleasure.   When it finished she smiled at it and picked up the plate.

" There you go kitty. " She said as she stood up and turned to walk away.

" Meow-Meow " The cat called as if to say thank you.

Smiling Sarah got into her jeep and started the engine.  She drove out of town with a smile on her face. Thinking of how much fun it was going to be to spend the day hiking.

To be continued . . .

So how was it for a opening?

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#2 2008-09-21 11:38:17

Goldie

Re: White Rose

You've got something here, can't wait to see where it goes next. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#3 2008-09-21 11:39:13

FenrirFinale

Thanks Goldie!

Seize the Night~

#4 2008-09-21 19:26:19

FenrirFinale

Thanks ***** I'm going to post the next section now so you'll get your update!

Lol enjoy!

Seize the Night~

#5 2008-09-21 19:51:47

FenrirFinale

Sarah drove through the woods thinking of all the events of day . She had spent the whole day on the mountain and has only just left when the sun began to set. 

She couldn't help but hum a song as she drove. The darkness that now enveloped her jeep terrified her. The sun had set back on the mountain and she had been driving through the woods for nearly an hour. The one good thing about how long she had been driving was that she was almost back to town.

She couldn't help but laugh a little at herself. She was a 20 year old woman living on her own and she was still afraid of the dark.

" There's nothing to be afraid of out here " She spoke aloud to calm herself.

Suddenly something jumped out in front of her in the road. She had just enough time to glimpse the large furry animal's side before.

BAMMM!  Her jeep slammed into the creature.  She had hit the breaks but she was sure that the jeep had been going fast enough to snap the creature's back.

She through the jeep into park and jumped out of the door. She rushed to the front of the jeep in a panic. She was terrified that the creature wouldn't be dead and that it was suffering.

As she rounded the jeep the first thing she saw was that the entire front guard was smashed in where it had hit the animal.

She looked at the creature that was lying in front of her jeep. At first she couldn't figure out what it was but then she saw the ears and claws. She had hit a wolf.

Almost crying she moved closer to the  animal. She had always loved wolves and she would have done anything to save one. The thought of killing one tore her heart to peices. As she moved closer she saw something amazing. The wolf was still breathing.

With a small cry of relief she kneeled down beside the large animal and quickly checked its pulse. She didn't know what the animal's heart rate should have been but it seemed to be steady.

She quickly stood and moved to her open door. She stepped in and started the engine. She put the jeep in reverse and backed it up to the unconcious wolf. SHe had already made her choice.

She was taking the wolf home.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#6 2008-09-22 16:09:10

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

This is a curious beginning, Fen - when you consider that it may be linked or will at some point correlate to Black Rose. I agree with ***** that your portrayal of Sarah was well-defined, making it easy for the reader to relate to her. At this point there's every reason to believe that there's more to this wolf than meets the eye, but we'll leave it up to you to tell us about it, of course...

I did find a few grammatical anomalies, but the story is building a sound foundation. I personally feel that your choices with onomatopoeia are a little beneath the talent you have already shown to us, but that's merely my opinion. This is a work in progress, and I don't know if you are gearing this toward publication or not, so that's all the more reason to not be worried with any nuances hiding in the story.

That being said, it will be interesting to find out what happens once Sarah gets the wolf home, or even if she gets as far as getting it into the jeep. Keep it coming!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#7 2008-09-22 16:40:45

FenrirFinale

Thanks Grayle, I'm really hoping that I can draw this one out more and create an even better character basis for Sarah and the wolf.  I'm not sure about publication though since right now I'm just trying to win a poetry contest and get a few of my poems published. If I'm lucky I might even win the cash prize. I think I see what you mean about onomatopoeia I wasn't really paying attention and now that I am I see several ways I could've done certain parts that would have made them flow much better.

Anyway thanks again Grayle.  The next update is now so I'd better start writing!

Seize the Night~

#8 2008-09-22 17:19:38

FenrirFinale

Sarah stood at the back of the jeep. She had been staring at the wolf for nearly five minutes trying to figure out how to get it into the jeep.

She wasn't weak in fact she was sure she could get him into the jeep even if it would be a struggle. The problem was what would happen if the wolf woke up when she tried to move it.

Gritting her teeth she kneeled down beside the huge animal and braced her self to lift it. She was afraid but she had to try and get the wolf into the jeep.  With a gasp she tried to lift the wolf. She staggered under the weight and practically dropped the creature's front half onto the back of the jeep.

After a few more minutes of struggling she managed to load the wolf into the back seat. The wolf had made no sound during the entire process and seemed to be in nothing more than a deep sleep.

With a sigh of relief she closed the back door and climbed into the drivers seat. She felt her heart pounding as she started the engine and put the jeep in drive. Her imagination ran wild as she thought of what would happen if the wolf woke up in her jeep.

In spite of this fear she couldn't help but feel a strange sense of victory as she drove home. Finally as she pulled into her driveway the wolf stirred. It simply lifted its head and then dropped back down quiet as before and still very much asleep.

With a slight sigh of relief she let out the breath she had been holding.

After a brief struggle to get the animal into the house she now sat in the kitchen. staring at the door to the guest room.  It was open and she could clearly see the wolf where it lay. She had managed to make a nest of various blankets for the creature and had already set down a bowl filled with water and another filled with chopped raw meat.

She was sitting quite close to the door. Her logic being that if the animal attacked she would be able to shut the door to keep it from getting to her. 

Sarah blinked. She thought she had seen the creature move slightly. As she stared at it she saw that it was moving. The wolf rose and turned its body so that it was laying on its stomach. It faced Sarah with calculating awareness. 

The creatures golden eyes shined and its steel gray fur shimmered underneath the electric light. Sarah couldn't help but pause and think of how beautiful the wolf would look in the morning sun.

The wolf stared at her and its eyes glowed brighter. It thumped its tail twice softly. The wolfs eyes said only one thing and Sarah saw it clearly.

" Thank you. " The wolfs eyes seemed to say.

And with that the wolf laid its head down and went back sleep.

Sarah calmly stood up and closed the door to the guest room cutting off the light as she did.

With a smile on her face she walked towards her room. She had helped the wolf and now it was in her house. She couldn't help but wonder why the animal was so calm. As she entered her room she sighed and undressed. As she lay down on her bed in nothing but the skin she was born with she smiled yet again quickly fell into a deep sleep. Dreaming only of the beautiful animal that was down the hall.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#9 2008-09-22 17:40:40

FenrirFinale

Lol ok *** I'll write more soon! smile

But for right now I gotta go! Later!

Seize the Night~

#10 2008-09-22 18:31:06

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Zing.
  In short, that means you got it just right. This is the kind of detail and story flow that we've come to expect from you, Fen. Well done.

You took every aspect of the scene and played it out, focusing on the points that mattered, but not limited to them either. The internal thoughts of your protagonist were logical, even though her actions were a bit naive - I mean, trying to put a wounded wolf into her Jeep? Most people wouldn't even try it; they'd call animal control. Therefore, it really shows how much influence Sarah's love of animals has over her, augmented by her caring heart.

I also found her thoughtful contingency plan as she watched over the wolf to be very resourceful. If it makes any sudden moves, she closes the door. I really loved how the wolf showed an intelligence in its eyes that was greater than any animal; it not only refrained from attacking, but conveyed thanks for the assistance - without a word or growl being issued. That really stood out for me.

Great segment, Fen. Keep going with it, okay?

#11 2008-09-22 23:37:39

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Nice going man, I liked the pace yuou developed after the intro, and spared us a boring day of hiing, wink 

Nice start, can't wait too see how this continues.

<3

#12 2008-09-23 16:32:38

FenrirFinale

Grayle wrote:

Zing.
  In short, that means you got it just right. This is the kind of detail and story flow that we've come to expect from you, Fen. Well done.

You took every aspect of the scene and played it out, focusing on the points that mattered, but not limited to them either. The internal thoughts of your protagonist were logical, even though her actions were a bit naive - I mean, trying to put a wounded wolf into her Jeep? Most people wouldn't even try it; they'd call animal control. Therefore, it really shows how much influence Sarah's love of animals has over her, augmented by her caring heart.

I also found her thoughtful contingency plan as she watched over the wolf to be very resourceful. If it makes any sudden moves, she closes the door. I really loved how the wolf showed an intelligence in its eyes that was greater than any animal; it not only refrained from attacking, but conveyed thanks for the assistance - without a word or growl being issued. That really stood out for me.

Great segment, Fen. Keep going with it, okay?

Lol! Thanks Grayle I'm glad you liked it!

The odd thing is I couldn't figure out where I was getting my inspiration from until now. And now that I have I want to write even more! Go figure huh? 

You know I didn't realize my odd style of writing had expectations. It's kind of a nice feeling to know that there are expectations for my writing. It gives me something to reach for.

Seize the Night~

#13 2008-09-23 16:34:41

FenrirFinale

LycanJayBoy wrote:

Nice going man, I liked the pace yuou developed after the intro, and spared us a boring day of hiing, wink 

Nice start, can't wait too see how this continues.

Thanks Lycan!

I was actually intending to have Sarah meet the wolf on her hiking trip but then I came up with this idea and I liked it better.

Seize the Night~

#14 2008-09-24 17:56:10

FenrirFinale

Sarah sat in her kitchen drinking coffee. She had been up for nearly an hour and had been sitting there for the larger part of it.   She stared at the closed door to the guest room with a agonized expression.

" Oh what have I done? " She  asked out loud even though she already knew the answer.

" I brought a freaking wild animal into my house! " She screamed mentally.

As she sat and continued to stare at the door she remembered the night before.  She had seen the look in the wolf's eyes. " It was so . . . human " She spoke aloud searching for the right word.

As she thought of the creature in the room a wild impulsive urge began take over her. More than anything she wanted to go into the room and feel the creatures soft fur underneath her hands. She remembered the night before and how the wolf's fur had felt. She knew that the wolf was a wild animal but in the brief moments she had held him she hadn't been able to avoid thinking about how soft his fur was.

Finally the impulsive part of her took over and she walked towards the door. She reached for the door knob knowing that what she was doing was the most foolish thing she had ever done.

As she opened the door and stepped she saw the wolf.  He was sitting across from the door as if he had been waiting for her to enter.

Sarah froze and stared at him expecting an attack. Yet he simply wagged his tail it thumped loudly on floor.

Sarah grinned nervously and decide to tempt fate. She entered the room completely and approached the wolf. As she came closer his tail thumped harder. She could feel the vibrations through the floor.

Sarah's heart pounded in her chest as she kneeled down in front of the wolf. She
knew how dangerous this was but she did it anyway.

The wolf leaned forward and Sarah closed her eyes. She was paralyzed with fear.  " This is it I've bitten off more than I can chew this time. " She thought as the wolf neared her face.

Suddenly Sarah felt something hot and wet drag across her face. She opened her eyes in shock and then began to laugh as the wolf licked her chin.

" Cut that out it tickles! " She laughed as she tried to push him away.

The wolf dropped back onto the floor and stared at her as if to say " What? "

Sarah stared at him some how knowing what he was saying and answered " Don't give me that look you know good and well what. "

Laughing she began to rub his back. He arched his back against her hand and let her growling with pleasure as she did.

" There's no way your a normal wolf. " She spoke to him knowing that he would understand her.

The wolf turned and stared at the wall not making eye contact with her. His entire body seemed to be giving of waves of sorrow.

" Hey don't get upset " She said quickly.

The wolf turned now facing her once again.  " Can I really trust you? " His eyes asked her.

" Of course you can! " She answered with a laugh. " Who would believe that I was talking to a wolf anyway? "

The wolf sat for a moment staring at her. Then he rose and crossed to the other side of the room. He turned and looked at her his eyes glowing slightly. " Remember you're the one that wanted to see " He said with his eyes as his body began to glow and shimmer.

Sarah stared in confusion at the sight before her. Where a wolf had stood only a second ago there was now a young man. He had to have been at least Sarah's age and he seemed to be only a little taller. His hair matched the color that his fur had been and his eyes were a deep rich gold. He stood there all of his body open for Sarah to see. She saw that he was well muscled and slightly tan. But the feature that stood out the most was the series of scars that ran across his body.

" Who are you? " Sarah asked in a quiet stunned voice.

" My identification number is JX-29. But my real name is Lunet. " He said with a smile.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#15 2008-09-25 20:19:08

FenrirFinale

Sarah stared at him in confusion. Her mind seemed to be splitting apart at the corners. She had know that he wasn't normal but she had not been expecting him to suddenly transform into a guy! Let alone a naked one!

Sarah's vision blurred and she staggered and fell to the floor. She was out cold before she touched it.

Sarah awoke in her bed. It was dark and she couldn't see her surrondings. In a fog she rose and reached over to her lamp. She cut it on and looked around the room. Nothing seemed to be out of place but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was forgetting something.

She stood up walking over to the door. As she opened it she saw that the entire house was dark and that no light was shining through the windows. She walked into the living room cut on the light. She saw that the guest room door was open. As she stared at it she tried to remember what had happened.  She remembered the wolf and how he had transformed. She also remembered how that she had passed out.

" It's good to see you awake. " Lunet spoke from the sofa.

Sarah screamed with fright and turned around quickly.

" I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. " Lunet said with a smile.

Sarah continued to stare at him her breathing begining to slow.

" Your Lunet right? " She asked softly.

" Yes I am and you're Sarah Woods. " He replied with a smile.

" How do you know my name? " She asked in confusion.

" I just do. " He answered with a shrug and a slight smile.

Sarah moved over to the sofa her heart pounding. With a shy smile she sat down beside him. " I'm sorry I fainted before. I was just kind of shocked." She said with a slight blush.

" I understand. " He said with a smile.

" So um where did you get the cloths? " She asked him as she eyed his new green shirt and jeans.

" Well I figured that you'd be in shock if I was nude when you woke up so I stepped out and borrowed some cloths. " He said with a slight grin.

" So you stole them? " She asked with an cross look.

" Well did I have a choice? I mean what was I supposed to do rummage around in your dresser and hope I found a pair of jeans? " He answered with a slight smile.

" Well no I guess not. " Sarah replied  as she blushed brightly thinking of what he would have found.

" Listen it's past nine you should be in bed. " He said as he stared.

" What? You mean that I've been out cold all day?! " She asked in a panic.

" Well yeah. " He answered simply.

" Oh crap I haven't done anything! " She said with a slight squeak in her voice.

" Calm down! " Lunet said sharply.

Sarah silenced herself and stared at him.

" Your fine ok? You just need to calm down. Besides you need sleep you have work tomorrow. " He said in a soothing voice.

" How do you know so much? " She asked with a yawn showing just how tired she really was.

" I'll tell you tomorrow after you get back from work. " He replied with a smile. " Right now you need to get some rest."

" Ok thank you Lunet. " She replied with a sleepy smile. " Will you be here in the morning? "

" Of course I'm a wolf not a ghost. Now get some sleep. " He answered.

" Ok. Good night Lunet. " She called as she walked towards her room.

" Sleep well Sarah. " He answered as he turned lying on the couch.

Sarah walked to her room closing the door behind her. She changed into a loose shirt and shorts before she climbed into bed. For a few minutes she laid there thinking of how much her life was going to change. 

" I can't wait! " She whispered as she drifted off to sleep.

To be continued  .  .  .

Seize the Night~

#16 2008-09-26 08:25:18

FenrirFinale

. . . well I can see the views number going up but I haven't been getting any new responses . . . wonder what's up . . . .

Seize the Night~

#17 2008-09-26 13:54:41

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Hmmmm....
  Lunet seems to be very mysterious. I'm not convinced that his saying 'he just does' about knowing her name and responsibilities would fly, unless he is telepathic. However, if that's the case, then why can't he just tell her that in the first place? Very interesting. His identification number hints of genetic experimentation or possibly captivity, which adds even more intrigue, but he's also very kind-hearted and thoughtful, which is right in line with the characteristics he displayed in his wolf form. Very interesting indeed.

The only thing I kinda tripped over is that she fainted after drinking coffee, slept the entire day, and yet Lunet indicates that she needs a good night's sleep? Maybe there's a medical reason for that, but it just seems like a lot of sleep to me, is all.

That being said, this actually feels more like a bridge to the next scene, so my analysis is probably a moot point anyway. However, it does make us even more interested in seeing what happens next.

Keep it coming, Fen!

Oh - and welcome, Werewolf of the south!

#18 2008-09-26 22:42:52

FenrirFinale

Heh-heh glad you all liked it!smile

You know I used to write so many stories when I was younger . . .  I would just stare off into the distance and write them.  I used to think that my stories were pretty good but I started doubting myself when I tried to write them. I was always worried about what people thought of me back then. I think I must be in a better place right now because I can get on here and write to my hearts content. I never feel any pressure here and I know that's becuase of how helpful and kind everyone is on the Cafe. I'm really grateful for that support.

I really owe this place a lot and I decided something last night.   I'm going to dedicate the entire Rose series to all of my friends ( both current and future ) At the Werewolf Cafe!

Seize the Night~

#19 2008-09-27 12:02:09

FenrirFinale

Sarah awoke to her alarm blaring. " Ugh " She thought as she slammed her hand down on top of it. She quickly got out of bed and headed for the shower. She grabbed a towel and washcloth before she got in. As she showered she sang a soft song. She always started her day with a song and today it happened to be a a song called " Song of December ".   She finished her shower and dried off. As she walked into her room to get dressed she started singing the song over again. 

Sarah closed her bedroom door softly behind her. She didn't want to wake up Lunet.  She turned to walk down the hall and saw much to her surprise that he was already up.

Lunet sat still on the sofa with his eyes closed the tears streaming down his smiling face. Sarah quickly moved over to him asking what was wrong. 

" Nothing's wrong I was just listening to you sing. " He said with a chuckle as he opened his eyees and wiped his tears away. " I used to have a music box that played that song when I was a child. It helped me sleep when I missed my mother. "

" Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you. " Sarah said with a slight frown.

" You didn't it made me happy to hear that song again. " He said with a smile. " Umm if it's not to much trouble could you sing it again? "

" Well ok but it may not sound as good as before I've never had anyone listen to me before. " She said with a slight blush.

Sarah began to sing and Lunet listened closely  actually humming the words with her. Sarah finished singing and smiled at him sheepishly.

" Wonderful. " He whispered with a smile.

" Thank you " Sarah said with a deep blush on her face.

" Lunet I have a little while before I have to go to work so umm can we talk? " She asked uncertainly.

" Sure I did promise to answer your questions today. " He said with a smile. " What do you want to know? "

" Well first off how did you know my name and that I had to work today? " She asked eagerly.

Lunet laughed for a minute at the eager look on her face and then anwered. " I wanted to know what kind of person you were so when I went out yesterday to borrow the cloths I asked your friends. " He said with a smile.

" Wait a minute who did you ask? " Sarah asked him knowing that he couldn't have talked to any humans since Sarah had very few friends here.

" All of the birds you feed were more than eager to talk to me and with a little convincing the local cats opened up to me as well. They all think a lot of you. They say your one of the kindest people in town. " He answered with another smile.

" So you can talk to animals? " She asked with a slight blush on her face. Knowing that the animals thought so much of her gave her a strange sense of satisfaction.

" Yes in fact all animals understand each other. So if I'm a wolf I can understand them as well. " He answered simply.

" Ok umm this question might be a little bit too personal so you don't have to answer " Sarah said with a slightly worried look.

" It's ok I'll answer anything you ask. " He said with a smile.

" Ok then if your sure.  What happened to your mother? " She asked cautiously

" She died when I as born. And I never knew my father he died before I was born. " He answered simply with no emotion.

" Oh I'm sorry for asking. " She said quickly.

" Don't be it doesn't bother me. I'm used to it by now. " He answered with a smile.

" So I'm still allowed to ask you more questions right? " Sarah asked hopefully.

" No at least not right now. You have to leave otherwise you'll be late for work. " He answered with another smile.

" Oh your right! " She said as she looked at the clock on the wall.

" I guess I'll see you when I get home Lunet. "  She said as she rose from the sofa.

" Ok drive safely. " He answered with a smile.

" I will. " She said as she walked towards the door.

Then with a slgiht smile she turned and in a playful voice she said. " Be a good wolfy while I'm gone ok? "

" Ok I will " Lunet answered with a slight smile

" Promise you won't eat the furniture? " She asked playfully.

" I promise. " He said as he laughed. " Now go on get out of here before I eat you. "

" You wouldn't do that. " She answered as she opened the door.

" Try me. " He said with a laugh as he gnashed his teeth.

" See you later Lunet. " Sarah said with laugh as she walked out the door.

" Later Sarah. " He answered as she closed the door.

Sarah smiled as she walked towards the jeep. " Crazy wolf . " She chuckled as she got into the jeep and started the engine.

" Silly girl. " Lunet laughed as he saw her drive away down the street.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#20 2008-09-27 12:42:00

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Jippee! I like it. It's got interesting to it. Still wearding me out that she be so comfortable toward him. I would be wearded by him being so kind and being all knowing.

Last edited by Dira (2008-09-27 12:43:27)

#21 2008-09-28 00:41:24

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Nice continuation, Fen!

I appreciated how Lunet gained information from subjects of the animal kingdom - that was a really nice touch. I also liked how the animals felt about Sarah. It sounds like the animals have tremendous gratitude for her.
  With Lunet being a wolf, it was an interesting idea to have all animals able to understand and communicate with each other. It's been done once or twice before, but not too often, and fits your story perfectly. The song was also a nice touch, adding sentimentality and rapport between the two.

Well done, Fen! bring on some more!

#22 2008-09-29 09:18:47

FenrirFinale

Just a heads up there will be an update later today! For now later to you all and thank you for your continued support!

Seize the Night~

#23 2008-09-29 23:06:07

FenrirFinale

" Maybe I'll pick up dinner " Sarah thought as she walked to her jeep after work.

She had worked most of the day and well into dusk. She hated having to work such long hours but it was worth it when she got her paycheck. She now held said check in her hand and she felt like buying dinner instead of cooking.

As she made her way to her jeep she couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes on her back. She tried to calm herself and blame it on her imagination but she still felt uneasy. She neared the door of her jeep when out of nowhere she heard a pair of clawed feet on the pavement. It was a light sound barely able to be heard against the other sounds in the parking lot.

Sarah had a good hunch who it was and smiled as she pretended to search for her keys in her bag.

Lunet approached her from behind. He was planning on sneaking up on her and giving her a little scare.  He quietly set the bag in his jaws down on the ground surpressing a laugh.

He grinned preparing to bark and make her jump when.

" GOTCHA! " Sarah yelled as she turned to face Lunet.

In shock Lunet tried to pull away and lost his balance. His world was inverted and he could see an upside down version of Sarah laughing at him.

" You look so funny! " She laughed as she clutched her ribs.

Grumbling Lunet flipped himself upright and stared at her waiting for her to stop laughing.

" So why are you here? " She asked with a smile after a few moments.

Lunet shrugged and smiled as he grabbed the bag and trotted off behind the store.

Sarah started to follow him but realized what must be in the bag. With a smile she opened the door to the jeep and sat down inside of it.

Lunet walked back with the  empty bag in his hand. He was once again dressed in his human attire. 

" So I figured that you might not hate some company. " He said with a smile.

" No I wouldn't mind. " She said as she smiled back at him.

" So then where do we go? " He asked grinning.

" Hmm get in and I'll show you. " She said with a playful grin.

" I must never make a lady wait. " He said with a laugh as he got into the car.

" Well this lady is taking you to a bar! " Sarah laughed as she started the engine.

To Be Continued . . . .

Short I know but I've kinda had a lot to do today I'll wirte more as soon as  I get some responses to this. So later!

Seize the Night~

#24 2008-09-30 10:21:09

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very nice practicality you added to the scene, Fen.
  So many stories (especially the visual ones) would have the creature change form and somehow already be dressed. I liked how you had him bring the clothes with him. I think that was the best choice you could have made out of all the possibilities. Great job!

The reverse scare was very cute, and I like the friendliness and acceptance you've given to them. Granted, not all are as accepting as Sarah, so there's a bit of trepidation as to what awaits them at the bar.
  I'm eager to find out what happens next, Fen. Good Job!

#25 2008-09-30 16:45:27

FenrirFinale

Thanks Grayle I've been trying to focus on the lighter side of this story lately. I realized that I may have been trying to build up to the action ( Or at least I was in my mind ) and I wanted to draw it out more and give it a different style to follow. Point and case the reverse scare!

Of course when I update later I will be including a bit of action. After all what's a bar without a fight? wink

Thanks Grayle I always appreciate your post! Later!!

Seize the Night~

Board footer