The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-09-30 23:07:32

FenrirFinale

Re: White Rose

Lunet stared at the full bar in fear.  " You do remember that I stick out like a sore thumb right? " He asked with a nervous smile.

" Well yeah but I figured you'd have to be introduced to the public some how. Would your rather we walked down the sidewalk in broad daylight? " Sarah responded with a grin.

" Well no . . . but I'm still nervous " Lunet answered simply.

" Well don't be! " Sarah said with a laugh. " My friend Nora will get us a good table. "

As Sarah said this a short woman dressed as a waitress came up.

" Hey girl! " She said happily as she pulled Sarah into a tight hug.

Laughing Sarah pulled away. " Have you got a nice table for two Nora? " She asked with a friendly grin.

" Two huh? " Nora asked as she looked Lunet up and down.  " Yeah I've got one over in the back. " She said with a grin as she turned to lead the way.

Sarah and Lunet followed closely weaving between the bar's many occupants. 

" Well looks like Nora likes you. " Sarah whispered to Lunet as they walked.

" What do you mean? " He asked as he dodged a pool cue.

" Nothing much. " Sarah shrugged as they got to the table.

Nora offered them menus and asked  what they wanted to drink. She left after that and they began to decide on what they wanted to eat.  After they decided Lunet raised his head to met Sarah's eyes and asked to be excused.

" I'm not your mother Lunet you can get up on your own! " She replied with a laugh.

" Ok ok I know stupid question " He laughed as  stood up and walked off to find the bathroom.

Sarah sat silently looking over her menu. She was wondering what to order to drink when a shadow appeared over her.
Looking up she was met by a sight she didn't want to see.

" Hello Sarah. "  The muscle bound ape of a man said.

" Goodbye Mark! " Sarah said sharply her words dripping with venom.

" Hey now don't be be like that. " Mark said as he reached out and placed his hand on Sarah's shoulder.

" Get the hell away form me! " Sarah almost shouted as she jerked away.

" Sarah I'm just trying to be frie--- " He was cut off sharply by another voice.

" I believe the lady said leave her alone. " Lunet spoke in a calm voice that held back a deadly anger.

" Who the hell are you? " Mark asked as he turned and saw Lunet.

" Somebody that's going to break your arm if you touch her again! " Lunet almost snarled.

" Oh yeah punk?! Well eat this! " Mark bellowed as he swung his fist at Lunet's face.

" Big mistake. " Lunet spoke calmly as Mark swung.

Lunet dodged to the side grabbing Mark's wrist with his left hand as he did. Lunet thrust upwards with his right palm striking Mark's elbow. There was a loud cracking noise as Mark's arm snapped.

Mark screamed and fell to the floor holding his broken arm.

" No one ever touches Sarah! Do you understand!? " Lunet spat at him.

" Ye-ye-yes. " Mark blubbered from the floor.

Lunet looked around him at all the shocked faces. He  turned to Sarah quickly and said " I'll see you at home. "

Lunet ran out the door and into the night. Sarah stared after him in shock. She rose and quickly paid for the still warm food that hadn't even been served. She ran outside to her jeep and got in it. She looked over and saw Lunet's cloths in the seat.

" I'll met you at home Lunet. " She spoke softly as she drove out on to the pavement of the road.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2008-10-01 07:55:10)

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#27 2008-10-01 03:13:01

Dira
Nightwalker werewolf illustrator

Yeay! i enjoyed it. Bring up the next installment.

#28 2008-10-01 17:40:52

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I liked how you introduced a darker side to Lunet, one that he might be ashamed of. I must admit that the bar fight scene felt a little simplistic, perhaps even a little stereotypical, but it's a solid foundation to which you can add much more detail in later drafts.

I did like Sarah's reaction to Mark, who will no doubt show up again as an antagonist. It's obvious that there's a bad history there, and it's one that Sarah is not willing to put up with, providing a place for later conflict (if necessary).

Great continuation, Fen! Keep it coming!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#29 2008-10-01 22:40:35

FenrirFinale

Hmm I won't deny that it was simplistic but then again it was meant to be. This update serves as a base for the rest of my story. I've already selected several possible routes to take from here but so far I cannot decide.

I had to stop and laugh at your reply ***. I mean no harm by it though. wink
I simply know what one of the major parts of this story will be and trust me when I say this Lunet is not the over-protective one! You'll see soon enough in one of the updates what I mean! smile

Also I must inform you all that White Rose will come to an end soon. I realized that the main sequence of events are very close to happening and that the ground work for the main story is almost finished. However that simply means that the main story " Wild Roses " will begin soon so no worries!wink

Seize the Night~

#30 2008-10-02 17:59:38

FenrirFinale

Sarah had been sitting at home for over an hour. She was worried about Lunet. She could guess how fast he could run and he should have been home by now.  She stood up and walked over to the window. She stared out into the night hoping to see her  wolf strolling up the driveway. 

Sarah froze and thought. " Since when is he my wolf? "

Sarah shook of this odd thought and continued looking for him every so often.  As the clock neared midnight she was getting nervous. 

" He wouldn't stay out this late would he? " She asked herself in a panic.

Sarah walked from her bedroom to the living room repeatedly. Every other time she came into the living room she looked out the window.  Finally as the clock neared one in the morning Sarah broke down in tears and fell on the sofa.

" Where is that stupid wolf!? Doesn't he know how worried I am?! " She called out to the ceiling in anger.

Her voice broke with in confusion. " Why am I so upset with him? " She asked herself. 

Even as she  spoke these words she started thinking of how kind he had been in the short amount of time they had known each other. She started to smile as she thought of how cute he had looked when she had scared him. 

" Wait I can't really like Lunet we're just friends! " She said with an uncertain laugh.

She lay there thinking of how happy she was having him in her life. She smiled as she thought of the bar. Mark deserved what had happened to him. Everyone in town would agree to that!

" I don't think I have to worry about him ever again! " She said with a loud laugh.

Out of nowhere something slammed into the front door shaking the window panes.  Sarah jumped up in a panic and turned to face the door. She moved over to the window and looked out to see what was going on. As she stared out into the night she saw what had hit the door.

" Lunet!! " She cried as she wrenched the door open.

The bleeding wolf staggered in and fell on the floor. Sarah closed the door and rushed over to him. Even as she approached he was already transforming back into a human.

" Sarah. " He said with a smile as he looked up at her.

" Lunet what happened? " She asked as she sat down beside him.

" Remember what I told you when we first met? My I.D. number? " He asked with a labored breath.

" Yes it's JX-29 right? What does it mean? " Sarah responded

" I'm what's called a captive werewolf. There's a group of people called Hunters who kill werewolfs and vampires. I'm one of the werewolfs that they captured and experimented on. That's were I got my I.D. from. " He answered quickly

" Oh Lunet! " Sarah gasped as she hugged him.

" Ouch! Easy Sarah these wounds are fresh. " Lunet gasped in pain.

" Oh I'm sorry! " She said as she let him go. " But what happened to you? "

" The Hunters finally found me thats what. " He said in a cold voice full of pain. " Sarah I have to leave I can't let them hurt you! "

" What?! You can't your hurt! " She said in shock.

" Sarah I should have already run away but I had to come back. I had to tell you goodbye." Lunet said as he sat up.

" What? " Sarah asked in a confused voice.

" Sarah thank you. " He said as he leaned forward. His lips only an inch away from her's now.

" Lunet I-I ..... " She mumbled as she stared into his eyes.

" Sarah I really care for you. With all my heart I do. " He said with his eyes glistening. " Forgive me ok? "

" For what? " Sarah asked in confusion.

" This. " Lunet said as he kissed her.

Sarah kissed him back eagerly. She poured all of her love for him into that kiss. She had tears in her eyes when he pulled away.

" Sarah I love you. Please don't forget me. " He said in a low voice.

Lunet shifted into his wolf form and looked at Sarah.  Sarah rose and opened the door staring at Lunet with a look of pure sorrow on her face.

Luent walked past her and out into the night. He walked for a few paces and turned his head glancing back at her. only once. His eyes glistened with tears.  He turned and ran in to the woods not looking back again.

" Goodbye Lunet. " Sarah whispered into the night.

As she said these words she closed her door to the night and all creatures that roamed it.

Three days later . . .

Sarah had spent the last few days crying and sleeping. She hadn't even gone into work. Her boss had called her and asked what was wrong. She had managed to come up with a descent excuse and he told her to stay home for a few days and rest.

But she knew she wouldn't get any better not as long as she remembered Lunet.  She hadn't even moved his cloths from where she had left them on the sofa for him when he got home.

She sat on the sofa now crying a little. It had seemed to her that she wasn't crying as much but then again it was around midnight so she may have just been to tired to notice all of the tears.

She reached her hand out to grab a pillow so she could go to sleep and her hand brushed across the jeans Lunet had been wearing. The soft crackle of paper came from the pocket she had touched.

She quickly turned on a lamp and took out the scrap of paper. As she looked at it she saw that it was a faded map of the surrounding mountains. There was a spot circled on it in red marker and the word base was written beside it.

She instantly knew what was at the center of that red circle. " The Hunter base. " She whispered.

She knew that Lunet was there. She didn't know why but her heart was telling her that was where he was.

Sarah stood up with a determined look on her face. She quickly walked down the hall into her bedroom. She stripped off her clothes and stepped into the bathroom. She rinsed her body off and dried it. She stood in front of the mirror staring at her reflection. She had made her choice.

Sarah walked into her bedroom and quickly got dressed. She put on a red and whitel ong sleeved shirt and black jeans. She slipped her belt on and tightened it. She put on her hiking boots and laced them up.  She crossed over to her closet and pulled out a sturdy leather jacket.

As she finished getting dressed she was figuring up the time it would take her to get across the mountain. She decided that she would take her jeep up to the top of the mountain and she would hike down the other side.

Sarah crossed the room to her dresser and opened up the bottom bottom drawer. inside was a steel case with a combination lock built in below the handle.  She took the case out and laid it on the bed. After a minute she remembered the code and opened the case. Inside was a  SIG-Sauer P-220 9 mm Pistol and a shoulder holster. She put these on underneath the jacket.

She couldn't help but smile as she walked out of her room towards her front door. 

" It's time to get my wolf back! " She spoke softly and wiht passion as she walked out of the house and into the night.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2008-10-02 18:04:12)

Seize the Night~

#31 2008-10-02 18:23:33

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Lost love, renewed determination. What's the old saying? Absence makes the heart grow fonder?
  Very touching scene, Fen. Well done.

There were several places where you could expand the detail, of course, but the scene itself spoke volumes. The return of Lunet in his bloodied state as well as the reason he made that return, was enough to grip the heart strings of the reader. Sarah's internal Debate in referring to Lunet as 'her wolf' was both cute and enjoyable, but her determined decision to get him back, and using the same term of endearment as she made that decision... well, that was simply brilliant.
  Zing.

And now we get to read on as Sarah goes to get her wolf back. Awesome.

Keep it coming, Fen!

#32 2008-10-04 12:57:28

FenrirFinale

Lol *** I haven't shown the over protective part yet! And I'm sorry your computer's so slow.

Alright  so I think this is the third or fourth update from the end. It all depends on how much I write. Anyway I'll start writing the update now so later!!

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2008-10-04 13:05:16)

Seize the Night~

#33 2008-10-04 13:59:59

FenrirFinale

Sarah looked down at the compound from a nearby hill. She had hiked down the mountain and had been observing the Hunter's base for an hour.

" How am I going to get in there? " She asked herself as she eyed the guards stationed around the base. In the harsh glare of the electric lights she could she the machine guns they carried.

Her uncle had taught her how to use various guns and on her twenty first birthday he had given her his favorite pistol. That same pistol was strapped to her side now. She knew how to shoot and she rarely missed  but she also knew that she wouldn't even get close with those guards there.

She lay on her stomach looking  at the compound. She began trying to make a plan to kill the guards when a voice spoke out of the darkness.

" What's a human girl doing out here? " The femlae voice asked in a quit tone.

Sarah rolled over onto her back and stood up. She had the pistol drawn in the blink of an eye. She froze as she stared into the darkness because staring back at her were a crimson pair of eyes.

" I'm dead " Sarah thought as she stared at the eyes.

" Hey who are you? " The female asked not even bothered by the gun pointed at her.

" I could ask you the same thing! " Sarah said sharply determined to sound tough.

" I'd tell you if you were worth it. " The woman answered. 

Sarah sneered but made no further moves to taunt her conversation partner.

" So  I can tell your not a werewolf but you smell like one. So where's the wolf that you've been hanging around with? " The woman asked softly.

Sarah lowered her gun and turned her head slightly looking at the compound. The tears welled up in her eyes and she turned her back on the woman. As she looked out over the compound a sob broke from her throat.

" Hey it's ok. " The woman said as she stepped forward and wrapped a friendly arm around Sarah.

" Thank you. " Sarah mumbled as she stopped crying.

Sarah turned and faced the woman. She stared into her crimson eyes and asked " Who are you? "

" My name is Cassidy Rose, I'm a vampire " She answered Sarah softly

" Why are you here Cassidy? " Sarah asked as she wiped the last of the tears away.

" Wow your a lot tougher than you look, your taking the fact that I just told you I'm a vampire pretty well. " Cassidy spoke with a smile.

" I've been through a lot lately so meeting a vampire isn't that much of a shock. " She said with a weak laugh.  " But why are you here? " she asked again.

" Well to be honest I'm here to kill them. " She asnwered as she pointed to the compound.

" All by yourself!? " Sarah asked in shock.

" No there are seven of us. Three werewolfs and three vampires. Also there's one of us that's neither. " She said with a slight laugh.

" One that's neither? " Sarah asked in confusion.

" He's our leader and my husband. He's also a hybrid of both vampire and werewolf. " Cassidy answered with a broad smile. " Now it's my turn for a question. "

" Ok what do you want to know? " Sarah responded quickly.

" Why were you about to attack a Hunter compound with only a handgun? " Cassidy asked uncertainly as if she already knew the answer.

" Well there's someone in there I need to save. " Sarah answered uncertainly.  " Can I really trust her? " She asked herself silently.

" Does this someone happens to be a werewolf? " Cassdiy asked with a smile.

" Yes and I'm in love with him. " Sarah muttered with a slight blush.   " How can I be blushing at a time like this!? " She thought angerily.

" Ok then! " Cassidy said with a small clap of her hands. " Come with me! " She said as she walked off into the woods.

" Where? " Sarah asked as she followed cautiously.

" You'll die if you try to break in there on your own. " Cassidy asnwered. " Surely you realized this? "

' Well yes. " Sarah mumbled. " But where are you taking me? " She asked again.

" To see my husband! He'll know what to do! " Cassidy replied with a laugh as if Sarah had asked a useless question.

" WHAT?! " Sarah asked in confusion as Cassidy took her hand and led her deep into the woods.

To Be Continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#34 2008-10-04 18:01:08

FenrirFinale

Hah-hah glad you liked it! So I was curious about something. What did you think when Cassidy said. " He's our leader and my husband. " ?

I thought that adding that little bit of info now might make  Wild Roses flow a little better since I won't have to stop and explain it then. wink

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2008-10-05 17:47:01)

Seize the Night~

#35 2008-10-05 17:49:06

FenrirFinale

Hmm I guess your right about that but I intend to  make Wild Roses huge in comparison to the first two. Anyway huge update to make so later!

Seize the Night~

#36 2008-10-05 18:53:31

FenrirFinale

Howl sat perfectly still surveying the compound. He was worried about Cassidy since she should have been back by now. He heard footsteps behind him and turned to look.

"  Cassidy is approaching fast from the east. " said the short white skinned female.

" Oh thank you Morgan. " Howl said uncertainly, he never could tell the vampire twins apart.

" Don't worry you got it right this time! " Morgan replied with a quiet laugh. " There seems to be someone with Cassidy though. " She said in a much darker tone.

" What!? " Howl yelped as he leaped up in fear and moved towards the east side of the camp.

He neared the far side of the camp just as Cassidy came into the ring of tents they had erected. And what she towed behind her froze Howl in his tracks. For following Cassidy was a human girl.

" Cassidy? " He asked with wary concern.

" Hi honey! " Cassidy said with a smile as she dropped the hand of the girl and ran over to greet him.

" Cassidy who is this? " Howl asked in a slightly sharp tone.

" Oh don't get upset! Listen she can explain everything! " Cassidy said as she looked up at him with pleading eyes.

" Ok I'll listen to her story but only because of you. " He mumbled as he stared back into her eyes. He always felt lost in their crimson depths.

Howl pulled away from her and motioned to the girl. " Come over here and let me look at you. " He said with the authority he held as the leader of their small group.

" Yes sir. " Sarah mumbled as she stepped closer to him. She knew that this was one person you showed respect too.

Her heart pounded as he looked her over with his glowing red eyes.

After a few moments Howl smiled and said. " You befriended a werewolf didn't you. " It was said as a statement and not a question.

" Yes I did and I'm here to save him! " Sarah replied confidently. raising her head slightly.

Howl blinked and finally caught the meaning of her words.  " He was captured? " Howl asked in a shocked tone.

" Recaptured would be more correct. " Sarah responded looking directly into Howl's eyes now. Even as she fought down tears in her own.

Suddenly Howl broke out into loud laughter and looked over at Cassidy who had been listening to the exchange intently. 

" You want to let her join us and rescue this wolf don't you Cass! " He asked with a lighter laugh.

" You know I do! How can I stand by and let her kill herself trying to go in there on her own!? " Cassidy asked him in a voice that carried the edge of a dagger.

" I didn't mean to pick on you. " He said with an apologetic smile. " It just caught me off guard is all. "

Sarah shifted her gaze back and forth between the two creatures of the night. Her stomach boiled at the thought of letting these two decide her fate. But her choice had left her the moment she had followed Cassidy into the camp.

After a few more words were exchanged Howl turned to face Sarah and asked " What's your name? "

" Sarah Woods sir! " Sarah replied instantly.

" Sarah do you wish to join our fight against the Hunters? " He asked her as if her answer would make or break the world.

" I'm not sure of that yet. As of right now I only wish to save the one I love but if he  wasn't in danger I would consider joining you.  " Sarah answered him in a quiet voice.

" Well then Sarah let's go get your wolf back! " Howl said with a wicked smile.

To Be Continued  . . .

Seize the Night~

#37 2008-10-06 08:08:56

FenrirFinale

I think there's going to be 4 more updates before the end of the story and then I'm going to take a break from writing so I can finish my last poem for the contest.

Still though its been a fun ride and I'm going to make sure Wild Roses carries on the legacy! wink

Seize the Night~

#38 2008-10-06 17:39:05

FenrirFinale

Lunet stared through glossy eyes at the men surrounding him. From what he remembered he guessed that he had been back at the compound for around three days. They caught him no sooner than when he entered the woods. He was lucky they hadn't figured out about Sarah.  If they had he was sure she'd be on one of the steel tables just like him.

He yelped sharply as a blade ran across his back. The silver burned his very core as it sliced through the muscle of his back.

Lunet snarled weakly as the blade was withdrawn. He remembered his old routine now.  He was JX-29 part of the Silver Test devision. All of the Hunters silver blade weapons were tested on him to insure that the metal alloy compounds still affected werewolfs. He simply counted himself lucky that they didn't have a bullet test to put him through.

Lunet snarled again as he saw the white coated man approaching him. He knew that another slice was coming and he feared it.

The door slammed open and several guards ran in. They all carried heavy guns and looks that spoke of some immense fear. The leader of this small group approached the doctor

" Sir we have a problem there is an unknown force attacking the compound. We must leave immediately! " He said in a fearful voice.

As the doctor turned to face him and speak a loud crashing sound rang out in the large metal room. They all froze and looked upwards towards the ceiling for the sound was above them.

Large cracks appeared in the ceiling and a sound that resembled steel grating against steel echoed from the roof of the building.

And then the roof came down. A figure dressed in jet black sprang from the rubble the lay in the center of the floor. He rushed the nearest gunman and promptly ripped his throat out with one swing of his clawed hand.

Two other figures joined him now. One was a small reddish wolf the had blood dripping from her jaws. The other was a grinning devil of a beauty that ran headlong into the gunmen and started grappling with them, fighting along side the creature that had brought down the roof.

Lunet watched all this from his restrained place on the table. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Suddenly he heard above the din a different sound. He heard the sound of someone's heart. And it was a heart that he had longed to hear since his imprisonment. His heart pounded as he raised his eyes and saw her. Standing in the middle of the fight was Sarah.

Sarah held a handgun of some kind and was firing it with the skill of a mercenary. She struck down several of the many soldiers that had begun to pour in through the now open door.  Lunet guessed that she had come through said door only seconds before.

As her gun fired it's last round two more wolves sprang through the hole in the roof. One was large and dusky brown while the other was slightly smaller and of a amber color.

Sarah turned letting the wolves take over the fight. She quickly spotted Lunet and ran towards him. As she neared she  him she holstered the handgun and smiled at him tears of joy streaming down her face.

The doctor that had been knocked down when the ceiling fell now rose. He stood directly in front of Lunet and faced Sarah. In his hand he held one of the curved silver blades they had been using.

Sarah froze only a few precious feet away from the blade wielding scientist. The look of pure horror on her face showed that she knew she was in trouble.

He moved towards her clearly intending to remove her from this world. And as he did Lunet snarled and raged. The thought of seeing Sarah's beautiful smiling face devoid of live giving him the strength he needed.

With a roar unlike that of any beast known he snapped the bonds that held him to the table. The scientist had just enough time to turn in fear before the huge wolf landed on him. The blade was knocked from his hand as he hit he ground.

He stared up in shock and fear as Lunet snarled down at him. He knew his end was coming and he screamed.

Lunet jaws closed roughly on the doctors throat silencing his scream forever.

He rose and looked around the wreckage of the lab and saw that the fighting was over. 

He saw that the two  tan wolves were laying down the smaller licking the other's wounds. He also saw the small red female wolf sitting except that in front of her stood two vampires that Lunet had not seen in the fight. And just as before he saw the devilish female that had joined the strange creature in his fight. They now stood arm in arm smiling lovingly at one another.

But even as Lunet took all this in he only had eyes for the one woman that now stood only ten feet away. Lunet couldn't help but smile as she sat down on the floor in front of him. The expression on her face was unreadable and she simply stared at him.

Lunet paused  for a long moment considering what to do. And even though it was only a few seconds it was the longest few in his life.

Lunet yelped and bounded into Sarah's arms. He forgot all that had happened before then and simply nuzzled into her loving embrace. Letting the whole of himself become hers.

Sarah cried tears of joy as she held him. The warm tears slipped down her face and landed on Lunet's fur making it glisten as if it had been raining.

With a soft growl of concern Lunet raised his muzzle to her face and began licking the tears away. Sarah could only laugh and bask in the wonderful feeling of having him back.

Footsteps approached them and they both looked up to see that it was the grinning female vampire.

With a smile Sarah looked up at her and said. " Cassidy I'd like to introduce you to Lunet. "

" The pleasure's mine " Cassidy responded with a grin. " Alex says that it's time to move out. Sarah are you and Lunet going to come with us? " She asked them nervously with a small light of hope in her eyes.

Sarah looked down at Lunet and said. " Lunet these people are Human Hunters they are trying to track down and destroy every last Hunter base that they can. Do you want to go with them and help fight? "

Lunet stared back up at her for a long while not making any move to respond.

Sarah looked at him and said. " Lunet I want to go but if you'd rather live a quiet life I'll stay here with you. " She finished this statement in a much stronger voice than when she started. The conviction was evident in her words.

Lunet smiled and looked up at her and with a low growl that was almost like a chuckle he turned his head and looked at Cassidy. With a single nod of his head he conveyed his choice to her and to all that were there.

With a smile Cassidy said. " Lunet I'd like to be the first to welcome you and Sarah to or little family. Welcome to the Wild Roses! "

The End for now!

Well I really cut it kinda short but it was for story purposes of the most important virtue. Wild Roses will begin where White Rose has left off. I hope you all enjoyed the end of White Rose and that you all will continue to support me in the final story.

Farewell for now my friends!

Seize the Night~

#39 2008-10-07 13:24:13

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

It was a pleasure to read this, Fen, and I mean that completely.

I appreciated the emotional feelings you conveyed as Sarah met eyes with Lunet. I also appreciated the emotions that Lunet felt as he saw Sarah in danger. The fray was shorter than in Black Rose, but that could be expected, since the group has expanded in membership and experience. I also found it interesting that you describe the werewolves with different coat colours; that's pretty rare, and works well.

Granted, you have plenty of places where you could expand the detail, and you could also expand the dialogue once Cassidy and Howl come into the picture, but I also realize that these two stories are appetizers to the main course. In fact, I get the feeling you're trying to save these stories as compliments of the main story, avoiding the possibility of overpowering the main story by stunting the development of the two prequels. That's fine to do if you feel it's really necessary, but I honestly believe you may want to go back through these two once Wild Roses is completed. I think both of these stories are terrific, and well worth reading over again.

Well done, Fen! Well done!

#40 2008-10-08 08:34:45

FenrirFinale

Hmm your probably right about expanding in detail but as for now I intend to fill up some of the loose ends in Wild Roses. I really tried my best on this ending and I personally thought that I nailed the emotions of the two main characters. Also if you'll notice in Black Rose I focused on Howl and Cassidy and even though they appeared in White Rose this story mainly focused on Sarah and Lunet. I look back at it now and I see mainly places where I could have expanded but all in all I'm satisfied with the end result! smile

I'm glad you both liked it and I hope that you all will bear with me until I can start writing Wild Roses. Thanks again guys! Later!

Seize the Night~

#41 2009-02-21 19:48:14

Mykell16
Website

i really like this story and can't wait to find out what happens next.

“A girl is a person who screams at the mouse and smiles at the wolf† cool

#42 2009-02-23 08:01:05

FenrirFinale

Thank you Mykell

Seize the Night~

#43 2009-02-27 10:21:46

Ferafin
Website

don't take this harshly, ok?
i am a new member to this site as of five minutes ago, but i just happened to be browsing the internet to find a good lycan story and came across this site, specifically this narrative.

my honest opinion is that it is mediocre and somewhat boring.
it took alot for me to want to actually sit here and finish it.
but as a writer myself, i thought that there might be a chance it got better.
nope.
don't get me wrong, the concept is great and there is definitely talent.
but this particular story and the way it is written does not display that talent very well.
take this, from one writer to another, as constructive criticism.

Last edited by Ferafin (2009-03-02 11:02:06)

#44 2009-02-28 11:39:59

FenrirFinale

I'll take it as constructive criticism but I also ask that you take the fact that it was one of my first stories into consideration.

Seize the Night~

#45 2009-02-28 12:43:28

FenrirFinale

Thanks *** . . . I guess I should call you Ghost now huh?

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-02-28 12:48:14)

Seize the Night~

#46 2009-03-02 10:13:37

Ferafin
Website

I do take into account that it is one of your firsts. I am sorry if you took this wrong. It was against my intentions to offend you.

To GhostDog, constructive criticism is harsh, and is usually taken the wrong way. that is why i started post with "ok, don't take this harshly...".
If you aspire to be an author, you have to be used to hearing that your writing is crap many, many times before somone compliments it.
I love the concept of the story, this i cannot dispute.
What I did not like was style and the lack of detail.

Does anyone see my point here?
The forty or so times i have submitted my work to for publication, I was told it was crap.
The told me i had talent but i had alot of work to do.
And that is how i see this.

Keep working on it, FenrirFinale.
You DO have talent.

(And let's not turn the focus, ok? my capitalization errors are due to familiarity with autocorrect.)

#47 2009-03-02 10:58:24

Midnight-Vixen

That's my writer... Sarah, huh? Interesting name. wink

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#48 2009-03-02 16:21:29

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

thats my name too

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#49 2009-11-08 10:04:15

Midnight-Vixen

Moonfur wrote:

thats my name too

Sarah isn't my name, honey. The name Sarah just has... meaning to Fenrir and myself... Or rather, it used to.

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#50 2009-11-08 10:51:40

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

no,i just was informing peopel that that was my name.ti's all.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

Board footer