The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-10 20:19:45

FenrirFinale

Angels of the Night

The attacker fell to the ground with a heavy thud. The axe he carried lay split in half a few feet away from his body, and standing in front of him was a young man breathing heavily.

He still held his sword aloft. The blood dripped from it mixing with the rain that poured down around him in sheets.  With a shuddering breath he dropped to one knee his bangs covering his eyes.

The rain came down heavily soaking him through. But it didn't bother him since he had been fighting in it for the better part of an hour. With another shuddering breath he relaxed easing his body until his breathing came out normally. 

The neon lights that shone around him buzzed and hummed  illuminating the street and buildings around the signs. And in the dark he saw the creatures taking form. He knew that he would have to fight his way out of the city. He would be save once he made it back to the camp in the woods since the creatures couldn't get to him there.

One creature rose from the inky blackness and stretched its claws glinting in the artificial light. Several more formed in a similar manner and stood there staring at him as if they were statues.

From somewhere nearby the slightest sound of fingers snapping rang out against the night and the creatures rushed as one. With their jaws wide and their fangs gleaming they leaped together converging on the young hero from above.

And in a flash of light his sword lashed out shredding the creatures bodies and spilling their black blood onto the rain soaked street.  A snarl spread across his face as he glimpsed more of the nightmarish beings forming by the dozen in the shadows of the buildings. He knew he should try to run but he couldn't. If he did all of his efforts would be futile.

Knocking back the newly formed batch of creatures that had rushed him he glanced upwards and spotted their master and his enemy. He stood on top of the tall building in front of him. He grinned down his face filled with malicious satisfaction.   

Snarling in rage and pain he glared up at his enemy gathering his will and the energy he would need to fight him. A purple ring of fire formed around him cutting of the creatures of the night and illuminating his face with the flickering purple light.

He took several deep breaths and then charged out of the fire. He rushed straight at the base of the building. Leaping with supernatural strength he hit the side of it and continued running making his way closer to the top.

As he ran up his opponent ran down his two swords gleaming red and gold in the night. His wicked smile spreading wider across his face as he neared his attacker.

Our young hero neared the center now and he was fast approaching his enemy. He raised his nightmare black sword and ran harder intending on meeting his enemy with full force.

As the swords met he felt incredible strength pouring through him. He knew it was the strength of his heart that ran through him.

With a loud snarl he batted his enemy's sword to the side and slashed. He felt  his sword sink through flesh and he ran upwards again. His sword jerked slashing through his opponents body raining blood down to the street below.

With a burst of strength he leaped upwards landing on the roof. He turned quickly to look down and saw his opponent falling down to the creatures below him. He knew they would rip him into pieces.

As he watched his enemy fall he smiled relishing the thought of having finally finished the task assigned to him. Looking to the heavens he smiled again and whispered his silent prayer of thanks to them.  It was then that he felt the sword stab into his stomach.

Looking down in shock he saw his enemy. His face streaked with an unearthly evil and his long black hair flying wildly behind him. He smiled victoriously as his pearly white wings beat against the air holding him aloft. 

" Damn " The hero thought as he stared down into his murder's eyes. " I lost. " 

Vincent awoke with a start. His body was covered in sweat and his breathing came in quick gasps. He glanced at the clock and saw that it was 2:48.

Gasping for air he muttered to himself " What the hell was that dream? "

To be continued . . .

I know it was a long opening but I hope it was a good one!  big_smile

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#2 2008-10-11 22:53:35

FenrirFinale

Re: Angels of the Night

Thanks ***** I wasn't sure if the opening would hook anybody or not . . .

I feel really weird about this story since it just kinda hit me and I had to write it . . . I think this is the math involved

Evanesence music + Sugar + Sword polishing = Angels of the night

Seize the Night~

#3 2008-10-11 23:36:34

Freddy

wow! that was good!

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

#4 2008-10-12 20:14:42

FenrirFinale

Vincent yawned and slipped out of his bed. He would never get to sleep after a dream like that so he figured he would get in a workout before school. 

Slipping on a pair of shorts he made his way out into the hall. Yawning he worked his way through the dark to the basement door. Opening it up he walked down the stairs and flipped the light switch revealing a complete miniature gym complete with weights and a practice mat. Several wooden swords were hanging on rack on the wall. Every single one worn and polished from frequent use.

Vincent walked over to the center of the mat and began stretching his muscles. His bones made slight popping sounds as he worked the stiffness out of them.  After a  long workout he walked over and took a medium length tasseled wooden sword of the wall. Smiling he swung the thin wooden blade through the air. 

Grinning he began his workout again making several mock attacks at imaginary enemies. After a few hours he yawned and glanced at the clock on the wall. It read 6:25.

" Crap! " He yelped as he read the clock. " I've gotta get ready for school! "

He quickly placed the sword back on the rack and rushed up the stairs. Normally he would have wiped off and polished  whichever sword he had used but he had to get a shower and get his stuff ready for school.

After a rushed shower Vincent picked out his favorite pair of jeans from the closet and put them on. Looking around for his belt he heard a knock on the door.

" Come in. " He called from under the bed.

Silently a girl whom was obviously older than Vincent walked in. She smiled as she spotted her younger brother trying desperately to find his belt.

" Geez Vince what did you lose this time? " She asked with a slight laugh.

Vincent jumped cracking his head sharply on the steel bed frame.  rubbing the top of his head he slipped out from under the bed and looked up at her.

" Ouch Sis give me little more warning next time huh? " He said in a slightly pained voice. The simple fact that she could still sneak up on him without even trying upset him.

" Well pay a little more attention and maybe you won't need a warning next time. " She said with another laugh. " So really what are you looking for this time? " She asked with a slightly more concerned tone.

" I can't find my belt. " Vincent muttered as he began to dig under the bed again.

" Uh little bro? " She called to get his attention.

Pulling out from under the bed he looked up at her. " What is it? " He asked.

" It's over there. " She said as she raised her hand and pointed.

The belt hung half draped over his bed post hidden in the semi-darkness.

" Dang it! " He cursed under his breath as he stood up and snatched the belt off of the bed.

" Better hurry up Vince don't wanna be late for school! " She called over her shoulder as she walked out of the room.

Grumbling Vincent finished getting ready for school with no more incidents. As he rushed down the hall again his sister called out to him from her open doorway.

" What is it Luna? " He asked as he walked into her room.

" Wait up for me ok? I'll give you a ride to school. " Luna said simply as she straightened her skirt.

" Oh thanks. " He mumbled in confusion.

" Why is she being so nice today? " He asked himself silently.

To be continued . .  .

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2008-10-12 20:15:42)

Seize the Night~

#5 2008-10-13 08:05:44

FenrirFinale

* yawns *

Two hours of sleep last night and now I have to fight my way through the day . . . * falls over *

Seize the Night~

#6 2008-10-13 22:22:26

FenrirFinale

Just leave it I've only got like 8 responses anyway! LOL!

I want to make an update but I'm not feeling to well so maybe I'll just go to sleep . . . or vomit.

Seize the Night~

#7 2008-10-14 14:19:39

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Interesting Beginning, Fen!
  You started with a dream sequence, one that was full of action, and then continued with the protagonist as he dealt with the ramifications of the dream's affect on him. I also liked the respectful sibling interaction as well - too many times the protagonist is at odds with their parents or siblings for no other reason than a stereotypical conflict, so I really like that you're allowing the brother and sister to be separate, but still a real family. Cool!

I know this is a WIP, so take my critique with a grain of salt, okay?

The dream sequence was engaging to be sure, but a little dizzying. I think the clashing of blades happened on the side of the building, perpendicular to the pull of gravity, but I'm not certain. Also, in the last couple of sentences in the dream it sounds like the villain was looking down at the hero, but then the hero was looking down at the villain. Taken literally that's kinda hard to accomplish - unless you're M.C. Escher.
  Granted, action sequences are among the most difficult to write, and are the most likely to be rewritten, so it's not too much of a worry. Even so, you may want to consider acting out the sequence yourself, or even making a storyboard with notes if you're graphically-inclined. 

That being said, you certainly have an attention-getting beginning here, Fen. Keep going with it!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#8 2008-10-14 20:31:31

FenrirFinale

* growls angrily *

I know what you mean I tried rewriting that stinking fight sequence 7 times and still couldn't get it right!!!!!

I've been trying to make a small diagram of how it was supposed to look but so far it hasn't turned out to well. So just look at it this way try to imagine two incredibly strong sword fighters running at each other across a field. One carries a single long sword and the other holds two shorter swords. As they strike each other the one carrying the longer sword exerts more pressure and forces his blade down his opponents and cuts through his ribs. The force of his run carries him past his opponent as he cuts through his ribs and he turns to face him as he dies. Flips that vertically and give the two warriors supernatural strength and thats the opening scene.

Does that clear up the view point  problems?

* sighs *

I'm going to make and update later so I'll be able to expand on the story at least. Later for now!

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2008-10-14 20:33:16)

Seize the Night~

#9 2008-10-14 23:22:34

FenrirFinale

Vincent stared at his sister as she drove the car. He couldn't help but wonder why she had offered him a ride.  He and his sister got along well but it was only under the most extreme circumstances that she would offer him a ride.

Vincent sat quietly pondering the meaning of his sisters kind gesture when he heard her voice cut through his thoughts.

" Vince I need to talk to you about something. " Luna spoke aloud with her eyes focused firmly on the road.

" Ahh so this is why. " Vincent  murmured to himself. But the only words he spoke were. " What about Luna? "

Smiling sheepishly she started. " I've heard from a few friends that you've been getting into fights with the local punks again. " She smiled slightly as she finished the sentence the weight of carrying it already beginning to lift.

" Yeah so? " Vince answered simply. He got into fights with them almost every week what did it matter now?

" Well I'm just worried about you. I mean your my little brother and your not bullet prove so I want to know that your save. " Luna said with a slight blush. It was always so hard  to be open with her brother about this kind of thing.

" Sis. " Vincent spoke softly with a smile. He felt great knowing that she cared about him enough to confront him.

After a moments pause he said. " Luna I'll make you a promise. I promise that I won't pick any fights for awhile ok? I'll only fight to protect myself. "

" You swear? " Luna asked playfully.

" Yes I swear. I swear on my heart and my soul. " Vincent answered back with a smile.

" Ok then I guess I can rest easy now knowing that your being good. " Luna said with a laugh like tinkling bells as they pulled into the school parking lot.

Vincent slipped out of the car and stretched yawning slightly. As he turned to pick up his bag Luna called out to him.

" Heads up! " She called with a laugh.

Vincent looked up and saw a small wrapped box flying through the air towards him.

Instinctively he caught it. Blinking he looked from the box to Luna who was smiling at him with a goofy grin. She looked like a little kid about to yell out SURPRISE!

Vincent looked at the box one last time and then raised his head to stare at his sister. " Whats this? " He asked in confusion.

" Your birthday present! " Luna said in a loud quick breath. Almost as if she had been dying to let it out.

" What? Sis my birthday isn't for another week you know that. " He said with a huge grin on his face.

" I know it isn't Vince but I couldn't wait that long to give it to you! " Luna said with another tinkling laugh as she walked around to his side of the car. " Go on open it. " She said as she gently pushed the box in his hand.

Vincent ripped open the wrapping paper and saw a tiny black box. It was the same kind that jewelers used. Opening it up he saw nestled in the cloth a silver chain with an emblem already hooked to it. The emblem consisted of a crimson heart in the middle with a pair of black angels wings stretching out from it.

" Sis it looks almost like yours. " Vincent said in a shocked tone as he looked up at his sister.

" Yep it was modeled after mine. I had it custom made for you. " Luna said with a grin.

Smiling she slipped her hand in the top of her blouse and pulled out an emblem much like Vincent's except the heart on it was silver and the angels wings were white. Grinning she let it fall onto her chest and picked up Vincent's necklace.

As she hooked it around his neck she smiled and whispered. ' You and I are really different Vince but we are a family and we love each other. So I got these so we would always be connected "

Vincent stared in disbelieve as his sister backed away and smiled. As the bell for first period rang she smiled and turned to get her bag out of the car. Straighting up she turned as if to walk away.

Vincent blushed and moved a step closer to his sister. " Sis? " He called softly.

" Yeah Vince. " She said as she turned to face him.

Pulling her into a hug he murmured. " Thanks I love the present and I love you Luna . "

Pulling away he blushed again. He wasn't used to being so  kind towards his sister.

" I love you too Vince. " Luna said with a smile. " Now get to class before your late again! " She said with a laugh.

Grinning like a fox Vincent ran off pausing to wave goodbye  to his sister for only a moment before disappearing into the school building.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#10 2008-10-16 08:13:14

FenrirFinale

* sighs and puts on a bards costume *

Grammar the bane of Fenrir.

* bows *

big_smile

Anyway thanks ***** I'm trying to make more of a base for this story before I get to the main point.

Seize the Night~

#11 2008-10-16 23:28:06

FenrirFinale

Vincent yawned up at the dimming sky. School had been out for a few hours and dusk was fast approaching.

He had said goodbye to Luna  back at school and asked her to carry his bag back home. After that he had made his way down to the river and had been walking along it ever since.

He loved their city because right through the center of it ran was a river. It had been originally a natural landmark but when the city was built they raised the banks around it until it was basically a trough of water that flowed through the landscape. It lead directly to a small cove at the nearby beach. In fact judging by how far he had walked Vincent was at the end of the city limits and was only  a quarter of a mile way from the beach. 

As Vincent sat on the edge of the bank yawning and gazing into the water he heard a male voice call out out him.

Blinking he raised his head and saw his best friend riding towards him on his bike.

" Yo whats up Vincent? " Tod asked as he stopped the bike beside Vincent.

" Not much man just staring at my reflection! " Vincent said with a laugh as he stood up.

" Hey listen Vince I heard something pretty rough at the shop today. " Tod said in a rushed excited voice. He only spoke like that when it was about girls or fighting.

" Oh yeah? Whats up Tod? " Vincent asked with slight concern.

" You know two weeks ago when you beat the crap out of Danny Stone's crew? Well word is that they finally got back together and that their planning a  beat down today. " Tod said in one quick breath.

Vincent smiled and laughed gently.

" Thanks man I owe you one but I haven't seen hide nor hair of Danny all day. So I'm not to worried about it. " Vincent said with a smile.

Tod opened his mouth to say something when the sound of laughter reached them from across the small grassy clearing. Turning to look they saw seventeen guys standing there with their leader standing at the front. It was none other than Danny Stone.

" Damn it. " Vincent and Tod whispered at the same time.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#12 2008-10-17 08:19:39

FenrirFinale

Hmm I just checked out The Great List . . . Yeah sure you can post my work. Have fun!! smile

I wanted to write more in this update but I had to get up early today so I shortened it and went to sleep . . . After my Costume party tonight I'll start the next major update so keep an eye on the horizon!

Seize the Night~

#13 2008-10-17 18:06:19

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

I agree with ***** - this was a great place to end your segment.
  Even so, he explained to his sister that he would only fight in self-defense, and seventeen individuals against one are not good odds - unless he can goad Danny into a one-on-one, that is.
  The family affection between Vince and Luna was very enjoyable. I also appreciated the 'alone time' you gave to Vince - it was a nice way of developing the character indirectly.

Keep it coming, Fen!

#14 2008-10-19 23:15:52

FenrirFinale

Thanks Grayle I appreciate the feedback.

I've been kinda busy the past few days so I haven't been able to update but I will tomorrow since by then I should be caught up on my R&R. Later!

Seize the Night~

#15 2008-10-20 17:50:06

FenrirFinale

Vincent wiped the blood away from his split lip and looked down at the thug he had just  knocked out. This was the sixth guy he had beaten down. Tod had taken three out as well but there were  still too many of them.

" Eight left. " Vincent snarled as he turned to face the next two that were approaching him.

So far they had been toying around with Tod. All his opponents had came at him one by one but when it came to Vincent they had launched themselves at him two at a time.

The pair of brutes rushed him simultaneously. Their muscled hands trying to grab him and pin him down.

Dodging back Vincent lashed out with a round house kick at the nearer of the two and felt his foot connect with something soft.  He snatched a quick glimpse as he regained his balance and saw that he had struck his attacker in the nose. It was now bent at an odd angle with blood gushing out of it. The thug lay on the ground now groaning in pain.

However the other punk was still coming and before Vincent could react he felt the shock of a fist slamming into his gut and almost collapsed onto the ground.

Snarling again he raised his head and stared into the punk's dumb angry eyes. And as the punk saw the look of pure fury on Vincent's face fear spread across his.

Growling in anger Vincent grabbed the poor punk's jacket and jerked him roughly. Snarling again Vincent slammed his head forward and heard the satisfying crunch as his head slammed into the punks.

Dropping him Vincent turned and saw Tod standing in the center of another ring of punks. He had been pushed back towards the river beside his bike. He had his hands on the handle bars and he seemed to be staring at the four punks around him with a relatively calm expression.

As he noticed Vincent staring at him he smiled and called out to him. " Hey Vince remember the fighting moves we made up as kids? Well I got a new one! "

As he called this out the punks froze and glanced at each other in confusion. It was in that one second that  Tod kicked up his bikes stand and lifted it by the handle bars.

Swinging the bike around in a circle by the handle bars he slammed it into the thugs making them crumple like empty paper bags.  As the last one fell he dropped the bent, broken bike and collapsed onto his knees breathing heavily.

With a slight smile Tod raised his fist with the thumb sticking up. Grinning he turned his fist upside down and winked.

Vincent knew that gesture well. It was one of the many Tod had used when they were kids.

Vincent grinned weakly and turned to face Danny and the last remaining thug.

At a gesture from Danny the thug moved away and left him standing there alone. Now no one stood between Danny and Vincent.

Vincent felt his split lip throbbing and from the pain in his ribs he guessed that at least one of them was cracked.

He knew that to beat Danny it was going to have to be a one hit knock-out. Otherwise he wouldn't stand a chance.

Everyone that had ever fought Vincent knew his style. He would stand back and wait for his opponent to make the first move. Danny knew this as well and was probably planning on rushing Vincent any time.

As he took another shuddering breath Vincent remembered the dream he had that morning. He remembered that in the dream the hero had rushed his enemy and that had caught him of guard.

Grinning he thought " What the hell lets give it a try! "

Just as Danny tensed his body to run Vincent rushed at him across the short space between them. As he ran he began to zigzag in an odd pattern completely confusing  Danny.

Vincent ran up to the now throughly confused Danny and dropped down almost onto his haunches and tensed the muscles in his legs.

Launching himself upward with all his strength words seemed to form on his tongue almost begging to be spoken.

Vincent opened up his mouth to speak and a wild voice the he couldn't believe was his own ripped out.

" SUNRISE UPPERCUT!!!! " He yelled as his clenched fist connected with Danny's jaw.

Danny flew backwards and hit the ground hard unconscious before even touching it.

Vincent stared down at him for a moment and then raised his head to look for the other punk. He saw him over by the river fighting Tod. It was obvious who was going to win and it wasn't Tod.

Vincent took off like a bullet running to help his best friend.  The punk shoved Tod back and raised his fist to strike him again. Tod was balanced dangerously close to the edge of the river and if the thug hit him he would fall into the fast moving current.

" No! " Vincent yelled as he slammed into Tod knocking him out of the way at the last second.

And in stead of Tod the thug's fist slammed in to Vincent sending him flying in to the water.

" Vincent! " Tod called down into the surging water as his eyes searched for his fallen friend.

His voice was the last thing Vincent heard before his head slammed into one of the rocks that jutted out of the water sending him down into darkness and water.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#16 2008-10-23 08:40:30

FenrirFinale

* yawns *

I need to update again but I'm a bit to tired right now . . . maybe later then . . .

* falls asleep in a chair *

Seize the Night~

#17 2008-10-30 15:21:00

FenrirFinale

Vincent's head pounded as he lay on the sand it felt as if someone had hit him with a sledge hammer.

" Wait a minute. Sand? He thought as he sat up making his head throb even more.

As he looked around he realized that he was at the beach!

" How did I get here? The last thing I remember is going into the river and hitting that rock. " He said out loud as he thought to himself.

Shakily he stood and made his way closer to the water's edge. As he looked out over the water he noticed something. His clothes were completely dry and there wasn't even a bump on his head where he had hit the rock. 

" What the hell happened to me? " He asked himself as he watched the setting sun.

Suddenly a star fell from the sky streaking through the clouds towards the sea. As it fell another star fell streaking towards it with incredible speed.

Vincent stared in disbelieve as he saw the second star start to move closer to the first and it disappeared .

" What the!? " He said with a gasp as the second star leveled off and flew not into the ocean but towards him!!!

Vincent yelped in panic as he tried to turn and run but he tripped and fell to the ground.

The star came to a gentle stop above him and stopped shining. And Vincent saw that it wasn't a star it was a beautiful girl dressed in a white shimmering dress. And sprouting from her back were four white wings glowing in the light from the
setting sun.

" She's and angel. " Vincent thought as he stared up at the girl. " A real angel. "

" Hello Vincent are you felling alright? " The angel asked with a friendly smile.

" I'm fine. " Vincent said in a quit shocked voice. " Who are you? " He asked as he stood up shakily.

" Me? I'm the Angel of Fallen Stars. " She said with a smile. " You might be better off calling me  something shorter though so just call me Gale! "

" Gale am I dead? " Vincent asked bluntly fearing the worst.

Gale smiled and said. " I would hope not it was a pain pulling you out of the river. "

" You saved me!? " Vincent asked with a gasp as he stared up at Gale. " Why? "

" Hmm well I saved you because your dream is one of my favorites. " Gale said with a slight smile.

" My dream? " Vincent asked in confusion.

" Ok I'll explain it to you. " Gale said with a smile. " Every star that falls is a dream and it's my job to catch them and give them back to the person that they belong to when they want them back. Understand? "

" Yes but what did you mean about my dream being one of you favorites? " Vincent asked as he sat down on the sand.

" Well you used to have a dream about protecting your loved ones. It's one of my favorites because it's so different. When I had to save it from falling into the sea I almost cried. I just couldn't believe you'd given up on your dream. " Gale finished as tears came into her eyes.

" Oh I'd forgotten about that old dream. " Vincent said simply. He didn't know what else to say.

" Anyway I couldn't let you die because if you do your dream disappears  and I don't want that to happen. " Gale said with a sad smile. " Your dream carries so much power and you don't even acknowledge it anymore. "

" Well I umm . . . " Vincent murmured as he looked down at the sand. " I'm sorry but I realized along time ago I can't protect anyone. I'm not strong enough . He said dejectedly.

" Vincent I don't agree with you. You have much more power than you know. " Gale said with a smile.

" So will you take your dream back? " Gale asked as she extended her hand and a glowing star appeared in it. 

" I can't yet I'm not strong enough to protect everyone I love. " Vincent said as he looked away with a tears in his eyes.

" Alright Vincent I'll just hold on to this until your ready for it. " Gale said as she closed her hand.

" I need to get home and make sure that Tod is ok. " Vincent said as he stood up. " I . . . I hope I can repay you for saving me one day Gale. Thank you.

" Your welcome Vincent. I'll see you again soon. " Gale said with a smile as she began to glow again and streaked off into the sky.

" Goodbye Gale. " Vincent whispered as he began to make his way home.

He was completely unaware that a much darker angel was watching him from the shadows.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#18 2008-11-03 16:11:59

FenrirFinale

* sighs *

I know people are reading the story. I see the views jump every time I update.

But I haven't gotten any new feed back!   

I really want to do my best on this story but I don't know what needs to be changed or improved because no one is telling me!!!

* sigh *

I'm going to make another update later today and if I don't get any responses for it then I'm going to stop writing the story and take a break for a while.

I really hope someone will give me some feed back or at least let me no that their reading!!!

I just don't see the point in posting a story if no one is going to read it . . . .

Seize the Night~

#19 2008-11-03 23:50:24

FenrirFinale

Vincent stumbled sleepily into his house. It was well past his curfew and he knew he was in for it.

As he walked through the kitchen he thought about what had happened since he had first seen Gale at the beach.

He had made his way back to the spot beside the river to see if Tod was still around. He  didn't have to go far before he spotted Tod. He was searching the river in panic when he spotted Vincent walking towards him.

" Vincent! " Tod called as he ran towards him.

" Hey! " Vincent called back with a weak smile.

" Vincent what the heck happened to you? I saw you hit the rock! " Tod asked him in one quick breath.

" I don't really know I just woke up on the bank down the river. " Vincent lied quickly.  For some reason he didn't want Tod to know about Gale and what had happened to him.

" Well are you hurt? No broken bones right? " Tod asked as he looked Vincent up and down.

" Yeah I'm fine just a little dizzy. "  Vincent said with a slight smile. This at least was the truth. His head had been reeling since his encounter with Gale at the beach.

" You should get home man. Get some rest ok? " Tod told him with concern in his voice.

" Yeah thanks man I will. " Vincent had told him with a weak smile.

And with that Vincent had made his way home. It was a far enough walk from the river that by the time he arrived at his house it was well into the night.

As he walked into the living room he smiled thinking that maybe he would be able to get up to his room without getting caught.

" Awful late aren't you Vince? "

" Ulp! " Vincent thought as he froze with his foot on the first step of the stairs.

Shakily Vincent turned around and faced the lounge chair across the room. Sitting in the chair was a fairly young women with light brown hair that ran down to her lower back. Her  piercing blue eyes stared at Vincent from across the room as her index finger tapped furiously on her arm.  She looked incredibly angry.

" H-hi M-mom. " Vincent said shakily as he looked at his mother.

To be continued . . .

Seize the Night~

#20 2008-11-05 16:55:56

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

This is a curious continuation, Fen. The fight sequence was brutal and detailed, and yet the narration and character interaction (especially during the introduction of Gale) is kept simple and short, and reminds me of a pleasant bedtime story. It's an interesting mix of near-opposites.
  If find it ironically noble that the gang did not gang up on Vincent, but merely attacked him in waves. I'm not sure if most readers would buy that idea, unless you give a specific reason for it.
  I also think you could add a bit about Tod walking home with Vincent at least part of the way, since his bike is now out of commission. Especially with both being in a fight, it seems to me that they'd want to stay together for the time being.
  Nevertheless, the story is continuing with plot development and strange goings on, and I encourage you to continue.

#21 2008-11-06 08:01:14

FenrirFinale

I intended to go back and elaborate but never got around to it. I've some very heavy things on me so I doubt I get around to it anytime soon.  My apologizes.

Seize the Night~

#22 2008-11-07 09:06:09

FenrirFinale

Hello everyone!!!

I'm a little goofy today but I just wanted to announce that I will be updating soon!

I'm temporarily unable to post my story but I will write it as soon as possible and make the update when I can!

So to any and everyone who reads this story I thank you and I promise to continue soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Seize the Night~

#23 2008-11-13 08:23:40

FenrirFinale

Thanks *** . . . . I wish I had time to update but as of right now my schedule is getting more and more hectic.

Still I hope I'll be able to sit down soon and write a huge update soon so for now keep a weather eye on the horizon!

( I think I just sounded like a pirate . . . . )

Seize the Night~

#24 2009-02-16 12:08:38

FenrirFinale

Ok Here goes time to see if I can still write!

Of all the women Vincent had met in his life the only two that had ever been able to make him cringe were his mother and sister and the worse of the pair was glaring at him.

" So are you going to explain why you're so late? Or do I get to murder you right here?  " She asked as her eyes flashed dangerously.

Knowing exactly what would happen if he lied Vincent sighed quietly and walked across the room to sit on the couch.

" Mom " He began. " I didn't stay out on purpose . . .  "

" Well then why are you coming home so late!? " She snapped out as she cut him off mid-sentence.

" Because I was trying not to get my face bashed in! " He responded as his own temper rose.  " It's not my fault that every punk and his cousin want to try an beat me to a pulp! "

" Vincent you got into a fight? " His mother asked as her tone instantly switched from anger to concern.

" Are you hurt? " She asked as she moved over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

" I'm fine Mom. I wouldn't be if it wasn't for Tod and . . . " He froze as he realized that he couldn't explain who Gale was.

" And what? " She asked as she stared into his eyes.

" And lots of luck. " Vincent said as he looked away. He hated lying to his mother.

She said nothing as she looked at him. Her mind wandered as she contemplated what he could be keeping from her.

" Mom I'm sorry I was out so late and I'm sorry I fought but I really had no control over the situation. " Vincent said as he took his mother's hand.

" I know that now honey I'm sorry I got angry with you before I knew the whole story. " She said as she gently squeezed his hand.

"  It's ok Mom. " He said as he tried unsuccessfully to stop a yawn.

" You're tired Vince go up and go to bed. " She said as she chuckled.

" Ok Mom love you. " He said as he stood and made his way up the stairs.

" I love you to Vince. " she said stood and turned to walk down the hall into her room.

At the top of the stairs waiting for him Luna sat with her chin on her hands and a slight frown on her face.

" You ok bro? " She asked as she stood up in front of him.

" Yeah I'm fine just tired. " He said with a smile.

" I'd tell you that you're an idiot who deserved to be smacked around a little but I know that the only reason you'd  have fought would be if there was no other choice. So go get some rest ok? " Luna said with a smile as she turned to walk into her room.

" Ok sis good night . " Vincent said as he turned to go to his.

" Good night little brother. She said as she closed the door.

As Vincent lay down in his bed and drifted off to sleep a shadow appeared in the tree outside his window. The red eyed creature stood tall against the wind and stared at the sleeping figure in the bed.

" Soon we'll see just how strong you are Vincent. " The female voice said quietly as the shadow faded away.

To be continued . . . .

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-02-17 19:40:06)

Seize the Night~

#25 2009-02-16 12:26:38

wolfsongx

Hmmm, intriguing.  big_smile  Please do continue!

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

Board footer