The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2009-02-17 14:07:00

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: Angels of the Night

Nice continuation, FenrirFinale.

I appreciated both the concern and the stern stance that Vincent's mother took. I also appreciated that Luna didn't scold him for getting into a fight after she lectured him not to - which would be the typical response in most stories, and many families. Kudos for not following the well-worn path, there. His cover-up with not mentioning Gale was very resourceful as well.

I have to admit that the posturing of both mother and sister are crying out for more descriptive detail - Mom's eyes, her shoulders dropping, her loving hand rubbing across his shoulder with concern; or for Luna, perhaps a worried yet exasperated look on her face, or a twinge of disappointment, if you wanted to go that route. You might even mention any difference to Vincent's perception of their home as he walked up the stairs. Again, that's just spice to the meal you're cooking here.

All in all, I enjoyed the continuation and look forward to more.

Keep it coming!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#27 2009-02-17 19:39:46

FenrirFinale

Thanks WolfsongX

And thank you too Grayle I have to admit I'm nervous about writing since its been so long since I have.
I guess I'm just a little out of practice but I intend to keep writing until I manage to get back into my creative niche  and pick up my old style again.

It seemed in recent days every time I'd try to write it would come out seeming dark and depressing so I'm hoping this works out differently.

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#28 2009-05-02 17:57:39

FenrirFinale

The bell rang lazily down the halls signaling to the bored mass of students to drag their feet to their last classes of the day or to lunch . Two days had passed since Vincent and Tod's  massive fight with the local thugs. Word had spread like wild fire across the campus that the childhood friends had stomped the bullies into the dust yet again.  And now as things seemed to be settling down again Danny walked across the lunch room and stood right in front of Vincent as he sat eating an apple.

Silence ruled as every student still in the cafeteria stopped talking and stared at the pair. The few teachers in the room turned towards the pair and either prepared to rush in to stop the fight or to hang back and call for the football coaches.  Quite a few of them had been caught in between a student brawl and were skittish around fights ever since.

Vincent stood and took another bite out of the apple in his hand before tossing the remains in the large trash can to his left.

" Do you have a issue with me Danny? " He said as he slipped his hands in his pockets an laughed with viciously smiling eyes at the large bruise on the other boy's cheek.

" Can we talk Vince? " Danny said with his eyes downcast. " Somewhere private? Please? "

If Danny's tone hadn't been enough to shock Vincent the word please coming out of his mouth was.

" Alright, We'll go out back. " Vincent said as he turned and picked up his bag slinging it over his shoulder carelessly. His mind already pondering what could have made the bully so docile.

" Thanks man. " Danny said as he followed Vincent out of the cafeteria.

" No prob. " Vincent said as he signaled for Tod to back off.

His friend had risen halfway out of his seat and appeared to have had every intuition of following the pair of long time rivals. And who could blame him thought Vincent as he and Danny walked down the empty halls and slipped out one of the back exits.

Tossing his bag on the concrete near the back door Vincent turned to face Danny who seemed to be nervous as he shifted from one large foot to the other.

" So what's on your mind Danny? " Vincent leaned back against one of the roof supports for the shade giving overhang above them.

" Listen Vince . . . I . . .  Look I really don't know how to say this but . . . I'm sorry ok! " Danny blurted out  after stumbling over the words he hadn't said in years.

" You're sorry? " Vincent asked skeptically.

" Yeah I'm sorry ok? I mean how many times have I picked a fight with you? " He asked as he clenched his fist and stared at the ground.

" Shouldn't you be asking how many times I've stomped you for  being a jerk and a bully? " Vincent asked with a small smile on his lips.

" That's the point! " Danny exclaimed loudly. " You've beat me in to the dirt every time and I'm sick of it! No matter how many times we fight I come off worse! It's not worth it any more. " He finished with a shake of his head.

" Look I just want to try and start things fresh. " Danny said as he extended his hand. " Consider me a friend from now on? " He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

Vincent thought over it silently for a moment. " Well hell Danny if a man's got the guts to throw down his pride and try to make a fresh start then how can I refuse? " Vincent said with a laugh as he slapped his hand into Danny's and smiled.

" Thanks man really. " Danny said as he shook his former rival's hand.

" No prob Dan. So I guess now the only fights we get  to have will be friendly huh? " Vincent laughed as he slipped his hands back in his pockets.

Danny rubbed the back of his head with as he laughed with his new friend. " Yeah maybe one day I'll get to knock you on your tail for once! "

. . . Later that day at Vincent's house . . .

Vincent lay on his bed staring up at the ceiling. His mind wandered as he thought of the glowing girl he had met a few days ago and how she had promised that he'd see her soon.

" When though Gale? " He asked the empty air as he thought of the request he had for her.

. . . . To be continued

Seize the Night~

#29 2009-05-02 19:11:44

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

oooh i like this twist i never saw it coming

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#30 2009-05-02 19:14:04

FenrirFinale

Heh-heh I'm the one writing it and I didn't!

Seize the Night~

#31 2009-05-02 19:31:40

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

lol nice but  i love it so far please keep it up since you obviously can still write

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#32 2009-05-02 19:32:44

FenrirFinale

I will but for now I'll give it a day or two and see if any of my old fans are still around! * laughs *

Seize the Night~

Board footer