The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-07 10:58:33

FenrirFinale

New Beginings and Second Chances.

The sun beat down on the poor cracked earth outside his window. Even the birds refused to fly in this murderous heat. And for this poor boy this hot day would be his last.

Rowan dragged his blistered carcass out of bed. Why now of all times did the air conditioner have to break? He thought as he pulled himself into  the shower. Running the water freezing cold as he usually did. The icy onslaught brought gooseflesh to his skin but he didn't care. After washing away the sticky sweat that had accumulated through the night he stepped out of the shower grabbing a towel and drying himself off slowly. As he stepped back into his bedroom he sighed and grabbed the nearest pair of shorts pausing only for a second to see if they were clean or  not.

" Ugh it's just too hot to do anything today. " He said as he stared at the heat waves rolling off of the asphalt from the nearby street.

A knock sounded at his door and without turning he called out. " Come in Dad. "

" Hey I was just coming to check if you were up. " His father said as he opened the door and tried desperately not to wrinkle his nose. His son's room was not the cleanest in the world and the sweating had made it worse.

" Well I'm up. " The boy said as the turned to face his father.

James Garrell was a big man called J.G. by his friends and sir by everyone else save for his son. He had been a football star in his high school days and probably would have gone on to be a pro had he not had his knee snapped in the last game of the year. Rowan had once asked his father to teach him how to play football. Even though the middle aged man was well past his glory days on the field he could still scramble. Although the session was short Rowan learned a lot that day about football and his father. Rule number one in his mind, never mess with a man who can lay you flat with a single tackle.

" Well son I'm going to be out of town today and I was wondering if you'd like to come. " Rowan's father said as he ran a rough hand through his sandy blond hair.

Rowan was silent for a moment thinking about the pros and cons of going with his father for the day. He couldn't help but smile as he though of the air conditioned truck.

" Yeah Dad, I'll come. " The scruffy teenager said with a smile.

" Well ...... well alright! " His father said as his face broke into a wide grin. " Get dressed and meet me downstairs. " He said as he turned and quickly moved out of the room.

Rowan frowned at his fathers back as he walked down the stairs. He suddenly had the feeling this wasn't  a business trip.

To be continued ....

So, what does everyone think of the intro?

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#2 2009-06-07 12:52:17

FenrirFinale

Re: New Beginings and Second Chances.

Thanks C. I will.

Seize the Night~

#3 2009-06-07 13:05:42

FenrirFinale

Lol.

Seize the Night~

#4 2009-06-07 18:26:54

wolfblood17

I like it.  Nice detail with the environment and characters.  I agree with Lucifer, keep going.  I want to see how it's Rowan's last day (most likely it won't be his last right????)

big_smile (with fangs!)

#5 2009-06-07 18:31:57

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

like it,of course...im stuck in..IM

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#6 2009-06-07 18:35:59

FenrirFinale

wolfblood17 wrote:

I like it.  Nice detail with the environment and characters.  I agree with Lucifer, keep going.  I want to see how it's Rowan's last day (most likely it won't be his last right????)

Thank you. You'll have t wait to see how it unfolds though.

Seize the Night~

#7 2009-06-07 18:36:27

FenrirFinale

Moonfur wrote:

like it,of course...im stuck in..IM

* chuckle. *

Seize the Night~

#8 2009-06-07 18:57:46

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

well i am

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#9 2009-06-07 19:01:07

FenrirFinale

And that is a lol moment. I am too though.

Seize the Night~

#10 2009-06-07 19:03:55

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

lol how can you not be?

#11 2009-06-08 16:41:17

FenrirFinale

Rowan stared out the window of his dad's red pickup. They were on their way back from fishing. " Fishing! " He thought as he smiled. " I can't believe dad took me fishing. "

When his father had turned to him in the cab an said. " Son I'm not really working today. I was planning on going fishing. " Rowan had been surprised but not shocked.

" Dad you've never asked me to go with you before now. " The teenager had said as he turned to face him.

" I know. " He replied and left it at that.

They had spent the whole day fishing and relaxing lakeside and were both content with their day even though they hadn't caught anything. At one point when the boy had started to doze his father had reached over and cuffed him lightly asking if he meant to sleep all summer. They both  had started wrestling after that and as they rolled around in the dirt they missed their only chance to catch a fish.

It had been months since the pair had spent a day together like this. Rowan couldn't stop smiling as he watched the rolling darkness outside the window.

A pair of lights flashed in the distance and weaved drunkenly over the road but neither one of  the two noticed. The lights sped closer and Rowan's father raised his gaze back to the once empty road from changing the radio station. He had time to blink and turn to see his son's horrified gaze as the lights from the drunken car danced across his face.

" No. " Was all he had time to say before the car slammed into them head on.

J.G.'s mind went blank as he slammed into the airbag, but as he hit his cushioned savior his son flew from the truck as the old seat belt snapped.

Rowan's mind buzzed dully and vision blurred as he saw fire spreading around the crushed vehicles. " So this is what it's like to die? Is this what it was like for Mom? " He thought as his vision darkened from the blood running down his face. His face was badly gashed from broken glass and he couldn't breath. looking down he saw a large piece of metal sticking out from his chest.

He heard footsteps walking towards him and managed to raised his bloody gaze to see who was there. He managed to identify the new arrival as female before his mind slowly began to darken.

" Miss, please, save my Dad. " He choked out as blood gushed from his mouth.

" I will little one. " He heard the woman say and with a grateful smile he looked up into the last sight he would ever see. A pair of crimson eyes stared back at him calmly, and then he died.

To be continued ....

Last edited by FenrirFinale (2009-06-08 16:47:49)

Seize the Night~

#12 2009-06-08 16:48:47

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

little one....

#13 2009-06-08 16:49:45

FenrirFinale

Yeah.

Seize the Night~

#14 2009-06-08 20:29:58

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

smile more...i make more everyday of my new story.

#15 2009-06-08 23:21:46

Goldie

yes please, this can't be done. big_smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#16 2009-06-09 18:38:03

FenrirFinale

The end is much like the beginning only played backwards.  When we are born we come into this world screaming announcing our presence with a flourish. Yet when we die we become silent going out as if we where never here. This is the end to all things. What comes after is usually up to us but for Rowan this wasn't the case.

He gasped as his eyes opened. A green sky waved above him and the scent of pine surrounded him. It was night he knew it was night he could see the stars. But if it was night why could he see so clearly? His heart wasn't beating so why wasn't he dead?  Where was the pain?

" Aah you're finally awake little one. " A female voice said from nearby.

Rowan sat up quickly. The voice startled him into action as a memory flashed through his mind. He could still see those crimson eyes.

" Easy now no need to get upset. " The woman said as she walked over to him.

" My name is Loretta. " She said as she squatted beside him. " How are you little one? "

" I'm fine, but I shouldn't be. " He said as he shook his head in confusion; his mind was still fuzzy.

" No you shouldn't be but you are. " She said with calmly. " What do you remember? "

" T-there was a wreck. I remember flying out of the car. My chest hurt and there was a piece of metal sticking out. Dad was ........ " He froze as he thought of his father. " Is Dad ok!? " He asked as he started to get to his feet.

" Yes he's fine little one. I got him to the hospital quickly after you asked me. " She said with a smile showing fangs.

" What are you? " Rowan asked with a shock.

" The same thing you are. " She said still smiling.

" What? " He asked fearfully.

" Rowan you aren't human anymore. You'd have died if I hadn't changed you. There is no human doctor on the planet that could have repaired that much damage. " She said as softly as  possible.

" Not human? " He said as his world began to darken again. " What am I? "

" You're a vampire now, just like me. " She said as he crimson eyes flashed.

To be continued ....

Seize the Night~

#17 2009-06-09 19:09:11

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

loretta....you cant keep from doing that can you?

#18 2009-06-09 21:32:06

FenrirFinale

* laughs *

I know I know but the name suits this character.

Seize the Night~

#19 2009-06-09 21:58:57

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

hmm.you know where i got it from?

#20 2009-06-09 22:00:17

FenrirFinale

I know you use that name sometimes.

Seize the Night~

#21 2009-06-10 14:54:11

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

yes,but i got it from castlevania,portrait of ruin

#22 2009-06-10 15:01:21

FenrirFinale

Ahhh it's been awhile since I've played that. I'm working on a new update right now.

Seize the Night~

#23 2009-06-10 16:16:26

FenrirFinale

Rowan lived in a pit of despair for the next three days. He did not move, he did not speak, but he cried. Loretta had been kind and had taken care of him staying beside him even when he would not have wanted company. She talked to him and explained what their kind were. She also told him how he would have to survive now. He would need blood to stay strong but human food was just as needed.  It was not as if he was dead but merely frozen. His body would heal if he was injured. So it would also need nutrients. However it would not change. He would not age nor could he die by normal means.

" It takes a lot to kill one of us. " She had said after explaining this. " And the only ways to do so aren't easy. "

" Trying to discourage me from trying? " He had asked in a dry husky voice. It was obvious he had not talked in a while.

" No. If you wish to die then go ahead. " She had said failing to mask the sorrow in her voice.

" I wouldn't and won't. I've already died once. " He said in a dry whisper.

By this time a day and night had passed. He now knew that vampires could survive in the sun but it was so bright that it was practically torture. He also knew that garlic and the cross were simply a myth, they did not hurt the creatures of the night. Holy water didn't worry them either. 

On the third night he knew what thirst was for a vampire. The once dull ache he had felt in the back of his throat had grown into a burning fire. He knew what this meant and that frightened him.

" Will I have to kill Loretta? " He had asked her as she dozed beside him. Sleep seemed to be less important but still necessary as well.

" No little one. I'll teach you tomorrow " She said as she leaned her head against his shoulder. " Right now I need sleep. "

" Ok Loretta. " He said as he relaxed leaning his head on her's.

" Good little one, I'm glad you're finally beginning to accept it. " She mumbled sleepily.

" Yeah me too, I think. " He said as he looked up at the sky.

To Be Continued . . . .

Seize the Night~

#24 2009-06-10 19:12:13

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

....i wonder....might you make them happy?(you know what I mean)

#25 2009-06-10 20:39:38

FenrirFinale

I'd thought of that. If I can I'll work it into the story on a later date.

Seize the Night~

Board footer