The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-02 17:33:09

Cratys
Website

Yiffing?!! O.O

O.o ooookkkkkaaaaayyy.....? So what's all this between furries and therians? Is a person who is a therian usually a furry? vise versa? Are they two different sorts of believers? Such as Christian vs. Baptists?

Here's what I've heard.: Furries dress up in animal mascot costumes and go out in the middle of the forest/desert/furry nightclub and have these massive freaky animal-costume orgies called "yiffs" or "fur piles" indulging in the act of "yiffing" or just crazy in-costume humping and stuff. I've heard during these...events...they summon their spirit animal while in costume and sort of..become that animal...then have all sorts of inter species sex in a big "fur pile".  Sounds really extremely freaky to me..does this sort of thing really happen? Ehm...and Why? O.o? I mean if I was one, I'd be a wolf..and thus only indulge with other canines...I mean..it only makes sense to me that way....but hey I'm not one so it doesn't have to make sense right?...Someone please explain anyway! XO

Therians on the other hand, from what I know so far, do dress up sometimes (attach the tail when going to the mall or something) but from what I know people who call themselves Therian..at least around here act pretty normal when it comes to sex and relationships. No huge fur-piling, massive-yiffing, sex-orgies full of people wearing oversized animal costumes.

I mean hey, whatever floats your boat right? I can imagine why dressing up in costume, putting on a mask and just acting like a crazy horny animal and just having at it would be fun, but the idea seems...eh...I guess I'm not used to it?

Anyway Therian vs. Furries what's the difference? And Yiffing? Somebody tell me how that idea got started and why and what and everything because this just seems bizarre! I know I'm weird to but seriously? Help me understand this strange concept! I want to knoooooowww! >.<

#2 2009-08-03 05:01:53

fearless freak

Re: Yiffing?!! O.O

ah the infamous 'Furfag' and 'Yiff in hell' arguments, some of what you've posted sounds made up by people who don't like furries, i've seen some pretty good furries cosplay costumes like Felecia from Darkstalkers

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

#3 2009-08-03 09:51:20

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Furries and Therians aren't he same thing, in fact, they can be very different. I gave a basic definition of each, so just take a peek at that for what I believe to be very general definitions to the 2.
A person who's a Therian isn't always a furry. From what I know, some Therians aren't fans of being associated with Furries, and vice versa. I do think that the 2 can overlap, and that a Therian can also be a furry and vice versa.

Right, now to try and do furries some justice. big_smile Me personally, I'm not a furry. But the stereotypical image people tend to get of furries are those people who take their like of anthromorphic animals a bit far, dress up as their favourite characters from films, video games and whatnot, and go and have "furpiles" and "yiff" and as you say, its like one massive freaky animal costume orgy. I think though, that this is one of those huge misinterpretations. I do think that some furries will take part in things like what you've mentioned, but not all...and it's probably a minority that do partake in those activities. Most furries are pretty normal people, who are just fans of anthromorphic things.
To me, I always see it the same as if someone was a football/soccer fan. You get them in varying degrees...some are just casual fans, who watch the games concerning a team they like or something, others are somewhat 'aid' fans, and will go and visit each teams stadiums, buy season tickets, have loads of merchandise and whatnot. I think the same goes with furries, not every furry goes to conventions and dresses up as an anthromorphic animal, and a lot certaintly won't do any "yiffing", sexually, most will be like any other human.

I think furries have had pretty bad media, one that I've seen is an episode of "CSI: Las Vegas" where it revolved around furries, and yiffing, furpiles, and the more explicit things were emphasised...it made them out to be weird and a bit creepy imo. I think because of a bad portrayal in the media, they, and in some respects Therians too have had pretty bad portayals when they have been mentioned in the media.

Therians and furries aren't the same thing, but a person can be both! big_smile

I hope that makes some kind of sense...if it doesn't, blame my lack of sleep! smile

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#4 2009-08-03 10:46:16

Viergacht

Actually, "furry" means someone who enjoys anthropomorphic animals in art. Everything else is just people adding their own personal definitions, which of course are entirely subjective and no two agree. That's all.

#5 2009-08-03 11:00:23

FenrirFinale

As strange a subject as this is it comes down to bad media and stereotypes.

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#6 2009-08-03 11:44:44

ArcLight
Website

I remember that CSI episode....

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#7 2009-08-03 13:52:06

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Hah.. there's a video of Papa Roach (NSFW!) with two people in cur costumes goin' at it.. but then again.. it's a song all about sex, meaning there's pretty much every fetish or want in it.

I almost told you that I love you    is the song title.

<3

#8 2009-08-03 21:51:05

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

ArcLight wrote:

I remember that CSI episode....

+1

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#9 2009-08-05 07:57:05

theroadwolf
4star general
Website

i actually own the DVD set that has that episode and i think that ep kinda gives some "furries" like myself a bad name, (i say myself as i am having a fursuit made", it to me make some of them look like sex starved losers you cant get girls or freinds , im getting my suit so i can make money doing childrens parties

Last edited by theroadwolf (2009-08-05 07:57:56)

#10 2009-08-05 23:00:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, not much else to say.

Except that there has been some antagonism between the two groups and the main reason is that outsiders often view Therianthropy as an offshoot of Furry - which it is most vehemently not, and Therians get really sick of being mistaken for Furries. Actually, Therians are often mad at Furries for something the Furries actually have very little to do with.

If you've ever hung around the two groups, you would see the differences very quickly. Furries like fantasizing; Therians don't. Furries like drama, Therians don't. And, except where the two intersect, it's usually pretty obvious.

#11 2009-08-05 23:08:53

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Even on the internet, I think it's incredibly easy to tell the difference between a furry and a therian.  Therians are just...more laid back.  Furries remind me of hyperactive children sometimes.  Once in a while, they're chill (theroadwolf is a good example of that, he seems like a cool guy) but I find some of them to be kind of...immature, I guess you could say?  I dunno. hmm

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#12 2009-08-07 18:37:54

Cratys
Website

Ahhhh! I have been enlightened! Thank you! And I will try to keep an open mind toward furries though I can really agree with everything that's been said here about both therians and furries alike. Wee! *rolls away* big_smile

#13 2009-08-10 02:47:37

theroadwolf
4star general
Website

Totalimmortal wrote:

Even on the internet, I think it's incredibly easy to tell the difference between a furry and a therian.  Therians are just...more laid back.  Furries remind me of hyperactive children sometimes.  Once in a while, they're chill (theroadwolf is a good example of that, he seems like a cool guy) but I find some of them to be kind of...immature, I guess you could say?  I dunno. hmm

*blushes* quit it man youll give me a big head

#14 2009-08-15 02:26:25

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yiffing?

Hawt. neutral

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

Board footer