The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-19 16:59:22

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

Inspired Darkness

I'll edit this to start off, so far, thanking Exanimis, FenrirFinale, and MIXXUP, in that order, for inspiration and character ideas. Thank you thank you thank you! Also to thank them for the support.

Well, I've decided that I should write me a werewolf story. I can't guarantee it will be the best thing ever written (especially nothing near as great as Tolkien or Shakespeare), partly because I will just be writing for the sake of getting back into the habit of writing. I wrote a lot in High School and frankly I miss doing so since college had killed any time I had for writing. This will be a Werewolf involved story, but there will be other supernatural elements since I am so fond of that genre.

Last edited by RX Queen (2009-11-24 08:30:44)

It's hard to scream with a throat full of glass

#2 2009-11-20 01:56:46

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

Re: Inspired Darkness

The Cherokee say a healthy woman is much like a wolf: strong life force, life-giving, territorially aware, intuitive and loyal. Yet separation from her wild nature causes a woman to become meager, anxious, and fearful. This isn't necessarily true for a woman who is a wolf. Werewolf, to be exact.   
     Such a woman was Wilisa; Though it can't be said that she is in any way separated from the wolf within her. What could be said of the man rocking in the chair next to her was something else. He was called Marshall and he was currently rolling a cigarette, something of personal preference, his wide-brimmed hat shadowing his face. His big black dog, REZ, lay contentedly at his feet, seemingly uncaring for his own surroundings. The two, this man and woman of mythological, bestial spirit, were decades apart age-wise, with youth shining in Wilisa's tan face, framed by black hair, and the valleys of age beginning to set into Marshall's scruffy visage.
    They were facing out towards the highway, just lazily watching the cars zoom by, surrounded by acres of land and housing randomly dotted across the countryside. There were cattle on the land across the four lanes and were completely unaware of the wolves. Wilisa shifted herself as she sat on the wooden railing of the roofed porch to the small house. The stench of the body beyond the screen door was starting to bother her. She looked back into the house, frowned at the mangled corpse of the woman and stench of blood, then turned back around to stare at Marshall, who had finally finished rolling his cigarette and now casually puffed away at it. She frowned at him, too.

"How long do you think until someone discovers what we did to her?" she asked.
    "Well...I reckon just until her next client comes along," he sighed. Looking up to her at the question, Marshall turned his head towards the door. "Witch shouldn't have attacked us. We were just asking questions. Of course it will be obvious Weres did it."
    "Which was the obvious sign she had been hiding something. We know now though," she said.

Wilisa could tell Marshall had remorse for killing the woman, but in their defense the crazy witch had attacked them in her guilt. Well, she actually didn't care for Werewolves, which didn't altogether explain what she was doing turning people into Werewolves, and that was the exact thing the two of these wanderers were wanting to know.

"We should head to town," Wilisa said, "I need some booze."
    "You should wipe that smudge of blood off your face first," Marshall said, his attention once again upon Wilisa.

She frowned again, a thing Wilisa was sure would set wrinkles on her face prematurely if she kept doing it so much. The woman wiped her mouth on the back of her arm and sure enough blood ran off onto it. Her frown was unceasing as she then wiped that blood from her arm. Marshall nodded as she looked back to him for approval. With a grunt he rose up from the chair, REZ the dog following suit, making the same grunting sound. Wilisa joked the two were old dogs and Marshall always insisted he was just an old soul in a body that didn't fit right.

(((Well this is all I have for tonight. I'll post more tomorrow, but I'm uber tired. I don't think I need critiquing just yet, because this is really just a draft so I can get my thoughts down and sort them out later, so this will more than likely be editted.)))

Last edited by RX Queen (2009-11-20 01:58:35)

#3 2009-11-20 03:29:57

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

I have read a lot of books about how to write and one of the things that I remember as being important is, "If you don't grab the readers attention with the first page, your book will never be read."

I feel an icy grip!

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#4 2009-11-20 07:45:47

FenrirFinale

A good start even if you only see it as a draft. You have the basis for and excellent story here

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#5 2009-11-20 16:56:01

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

WOOT! I'm going to fix that first post up a bit, but I'm glad you two like it. Douglas Adams' writing style is what I'm going for with this one, though it seems to be developing into my own style.

Also, a note, something that will get mentioned but I want to go ahead and mention, the setting for the story at the moment is Oklahoma. They are currently on the Muskogee Turnpike. I needed familiarity.

#6 2009-11-20 17:28:29

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Woah

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#7 2009-11-21 01:53:14

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

That's incredibly good.
I was hooked immediately.
Keep writing, please! big_smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#8 2009-11-21 01:54:17

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

I will! Thank you! I was just about to start writing out another scene!

#9 2009-11-21 03:18:00

SilentStrider

Awesome beginning!  I look forward to reading more smile

#10 2009-11-21 17:26:06

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

Being a woman and a wolf is one thing. Being a man and a wolf is another. Being a sexually confused man and an unknowing wolf is something else entirely.
    There was never any doubt in Cooper Zweig's mind that he was undeniably and unequivocally attracted to men. However, being made an outcast in a small town didn't make him very fond of what he considered a curse. Throughout his teen years he had been harassed for his sexual tastes, but since he was in no way the stereotypical sort, he was never physically assaulted. Though berated and belittled, the few times he was ever attacked Cooper swiftly dealt with the problem with his very large fists. He had never been a small boy, and was certainly not a small man as he aged. In fact, it was rather hard to tell, if one were a stranger to him, that he was even interested in men until he were caught flirting with them, a thing he did rather often, due primarily to his sexually deviant ways.
    Cooper's mouth was what got him into trouble in his adult years. It was his attitude that caused him to yet again be deemed an outcast, this time outside of his job. His few friends were all women, and his best friend was a small woman named Aimee Lo.
    Aimee was of Chinese descent, and when she was angry and ranting it was quite clear what her first language had been. What Cooper didn't know about his smaller friend was that she had been a Werewolf for about a year now. There was no way he could have known, for she never told him. She always made an excuse on the week when the change was upon her, saying she was off visiting her parents. Cooper never questioned her - He had met her parents before.

Now it would be apparent that he had no idea what he was getting himself in to when Cooper asked Aimee that night when they were drinking at her house if she would be willing to let him experiment with her sexually. For the sake of his own normality, he had said. They were very close friends. He was also very drunk. Being drunk and very comfortable with herself as well as Cooper, Aimee had agreed, forgetting all about what she was at the time due to inebriation. Of course, she didn't completely understand why, partly because she couldn't think straight since the room was wobbling around and mostly because she thought Cooper was fine the way he was. Cooper could disagree with her on the latter, but the room was most indefinitely refusing to stop dancing about so he could walk without stumbling.

((Crap, I know it isn't much, but I really really really wanted to post what literally just came to me. I'll be leaving but I want to write more so I am at a loss here. Wait for the edit of this, because I'll finish this scene then.))

Last edited by RX Queen (2009-11-23 02:18:43)

#11 2009-11-21 17:39:25

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

New people with new views, this is only getting better. I hope the person this was written about likes it as much a I do.

Keep it coming whenever you can.

#12 2009-11-21 22:08:43

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

heh,keep it comin

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#13 2009-11-21 22:37:47

SilentStrider

I love the characters you've shown us so far.  I'm sure it's all just the tip of the iceberg, and I can't wait to see where you take us from here.  I have to ask, out of a writer's curiosity, how much of these characters do you have fleshed out in notes, or are you developing as you go?

#14 2009-11-22 07:37:20

FenrirFinale

Keep going smile

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#15 2009-11-22 23:42:51

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

Thank you, guys! And that took like twenty minutes to write lol. Actually, they're all in my head, though some of them were discussed with friends through instant messengers. I have a very active imagination and photographic memory, so what was discussed just keeps going in my head. If that makes sense.

Also, I wonder if anyone can tell the Douglas Adams' influence on my writing.

#16 2009-11-24 04:36:47

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

So I wrote out something here and when I looked at it the whole thing just didn't feel right so I'm trying to rewrite it. RAWR

#17 2009-11-24 08:19:00

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

You should write each part in a word processing program first, there's nothing as useful as being able to move around a sentence or even a whole paragraph.

One more thing if you don't mind me making suggestions. On each of the posts you should use a banner or something to let people know to find the story. Post something at the top of each post that separates your story from the comments made. When new people start reading they can pick out the parts of the story without having to read the entire thread.

Last edited by Exanimis (2009-11-24 08:22:49)

#18 2009-11-24 08:21:02

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

LOL That wasn't the problem. It just felt too rigid, like it just wasn't me. I saved it in a program, but I'm going to work on something else first.

#19 2009-11-24 08:23:54

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

That's what I do, I switch between projects to take a break.

#20 2009-11-24 08:27:28

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

Yeah, I was thinking about titling or using pictures. I may go draw a picture right now. I have my inspirational music that is like a main basis for the story so I am good to go. I couldn't sleep last night.

Last edited by RX Queen (2009-11-24 08:28:56)

#21 2009-11-24 08:33:01

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

I slept pretty good but my timing is off,my days and nights are all mixed up. I am really not ready to be awake during the day.

#22 2009-11-24 08:34:31

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

I am trying to force myself to be awake during the day so I can get stuff done.

#23 2009-11-24 16:15:23

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very interesting premise, RX.

I'm not certain I'm catching Douglas Adams' writing style, but then again, I'm only familiar with the Hitchhiker series, not Dirk Gently or Starship Titanic or whatever. Your opening has a great hook, and the scene itself is begging for more explanation. I might suggest adding more to the scene before adding more characters in another scene, but that's just a feeling from a reader.

Your pace fits the characters well, and your narration flows elegantly. It's a very pleasant and enjoyable read. When you are ready for critique or proofreading, please let me know. I'm ready and willing to assist your literary endeavors.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#24 2009-11-25 01:21:57

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

Thanks for the input Grayle. This whole thing is going to be rewritten, though.

#25 2009-11-25 13:49:54

RX Queen
bored and all erotic
Website

I'm already editing and adding more to the story, so I don't think I'll post more of it on here, but I WILL post the link to my site when it is done.

Board footer