The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-25 13:03:58

FenrirFinale

Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, in a land far far away there was a village completely unremarkable in its way. Hidden in the ancient forests with only one road leading in and the same road leading out it sat. Twas a quiet place much like the rest of the small farming villages in the area. Thought the place was unremarkable the forest surrounding it was the farthest thing from it. Full of ancient ruins and hidden treasures as well as beasts of legend and lore and the warriors that hunted them.

This tale starts on a quiet spring morn with the grass still wet from dew and the light rain of the night before. A young maiden just now turned sixteen leaves one of the cottages a deep blue cloak over her shoulders with the hood pulled up to hide her face from the rain should it come again. She walks quickly through the morning mists and into the forest not on the path that most would tread but along on of the deer trails. Once the village is from her sight and she from its she drops her hood long blond hair spilling out in a cascade of gold. 

Her name is Eclair Oak. An orphan in the town raised by the local blacksmith and named for how she was found. During a storm and under an oak tree.  Her destination is the forest and it's cool dark as well as the companionship of the creatures there.

As she walks deeper the bushes stir small animals appearing between the leaves. A fox steps out into the path and with a smile Eclair bends to her knees opening her arms to catch the fox as he runs leaping into her warm embrace.

" Hello Roan! " She laughs as he licks her cheeks barking and yipping at her. To a normal person this would have sounded just as it should normal animal noise. But to Eclair the words were clear and joyful.

" Hi Eclair! I missed you! " The fox yipped happily as she stood carrying him in her arms. The rest of the forest had come now from rabbits to sparrows and the hawks that would hunt them both. The leaf covered ground rustled with the snakes that had come to visit with the mice by their sides. In any other part of the forest these creatures would flee or try to kill each other. But here in Eclair's presence they were family united by all the love that the young girl showed them.

As the maiden walked to her favorite tree sitting between the roots in her preferred spot the animals gathered eager for a new story or song for she always brought them another with each visit. With the rabbits, snakes and mice gathered at her feet the birds filling the tree above and the fox curled in her lap she started to sing the charming tune soothing them all into a kind of blissful trance.

Leagues away deeper in the forest another kind of beast stirred waking from where he had lain the night before and stretched claws kneading the earth and massive fangs showing with his yawn. He was a behemoth of a wolf large as a small bear and looking twice as deadly with his shining raven hued coat. Walking through the woods he sniffed the air looking for a meal and a new home to meet his needs.

Hearing the music carried on the wind he turned curiously heading towards the sound.

To be continued.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it starts off like a fairy tale but trust me when I say it's far from a child's bedtime story.

Always happy to chat so add me on Kik at ArcticRhapsody.

Seize the Night~

#2 2010-01-25 13:24:14

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Re: Once Upon a Time

very good

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#3 2010-01-25 13:24:41

FenrirFinale

Thanks

Seize the Night~

#4 2010-01-25 13:35:39

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

^_^

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#5 2010-01-25 19:16:35

stoicfortitude

Seems pretty good. I wonder how the wolf will react when he meets her and her friends.

#6 2010-01-26 11:03:49

FenrirFinale

An update will be posted later today.

Seize the Night~

#7 2010-01-27 16:12:26

FenrirFinale

As Eclair sang the wolf stalked closer the animals completely unaware of the approaching predator. 

Reaching the edge of the clearing were he was still hidden by the bushes he paused looking out in shock. So many of his prey in one place and all oblivious! He could feast for days if he moved fast enough and killed quickly. But what was this? Sitting in the center was ........ a human! He'd not seen one in a long while and to top it all off this one was of the female variety.

He sat stunned into silence and listening to the songs the young girl spun the golden notes in the air as a spider spins its silken thread. His eyes closed as he listened relaxing as he hadn't allowed himself to do in weeks most likely months.

Over an hour passed and finally Eclair stopped stroking the foxes ears were he slept in her lap. As the animals came out of there chance they stretched and chattered back and forth to one another. A soft breeze stirred and carried the wolf's scent into the clearing. In the next second every furred, scaled, and feathered beast fell silent turning to stare into the darkness of the trees were only the wolf's eyes could be seen shining gold through the leafs.  He himself had frozen knowing that he had been spotted and started backing away further into the trees. However he did not get away before Eclair's eyes found his bringing a smile to her face.

The wolf turned and ran without knowing why. He ran until his legs throbbed and his breathing grew weak.

T-That girl ......... She saw me. He panted sitting down catching his breath.  Why did she smile? He asked himself the sound of her song still thrumming in his head.

Meanwhile back in the clearing Eclair was busy talking to the animals asking who the newcomer had been and why he had ran. But neither question could be answered for they didn't know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It still seems to read like a fairy tale :\

Seize the Night~

#8 2010-01-28 13:13:57

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

i like fairytales best....

#9 2010-01-29 10:24:27

FenrirFinale

Thanks Moony. Jsut wish someone else would actually read it and respond. :'(

Seize the Night~

#10 2010-01-29 14:33:49

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

i sorry

#11 2010-01-29 20:15:26

stoicfortitude

i wonder who the wolf is...

#12 2010-01-30 12:17:35

FenrirFinale

Hopefully I'll be able to explain that in one of the two additions coming soon. But right now I'm having family issues so .......... sorry guys. Might not be updated til tomorrow

Seize the Night~

#13 2010-01-31 02:29:01

Randomwolf42
Random Wolf [Moderator]
Website

I like this one. I'll read more.

#14 2010-03-22 15:14:16

lonewolf13

more, more, more!!!!!!!! please
smile smile smile smile

Last edited by lonewolf13 (2010-03-22 15:15:28)

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. ...In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only truth...."
    Alphonse Elric --- Fullmetal Alchemist

Board footer