The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#76 2007-07-16 11:16:37

WolfMontana

Re: "Blood and Chocolate" (the movie)

No, don't think you will. You'd seriously have to get well away from the book and understand that this might as well be a completely different story.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#77 2007-09-06 00:03:37

WereWolfH

Okay I JUUUSSSTTT saw the movie. Ummm at first I thought that whole jumping around was silly (especially the acrobatics jumping on walls and stuff. Isn't that a little played out). I LOVVVVVEEEEDDD the werewolf eyes especially the leader dude. Ummmmmmthe wolves thing was different, but I got into to it by the end. I didn't like some scenes like when the dude kept harassing the girl (even though she was trying to get him to leave her alone) and then when he finds out he's like why didn't you stay away from me. i was like that was dumb. I don't know it wasn't that baddddd. Ummm but I guess I shouldn't say that b/c of the fans that loved the book and hate the movie. (I understand, I got mad at anyone that wasn't an X-Men fan that liked the movie). okay well i'd say go rent it and go in it without expectations. I honestly think there could be  a sequel.

Does a sequel to this seem plausible? wink

Last edited by WereWolfH (2007-09-06 00:04:30)

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#78 2007-10-03 17:42:00

gingersnaps
Website

Dyviath wrote:

My friends said she read a little review of it somewhere (no idea where) but she did remember that it said that they butchered the story. <-_->
I still don't know how that's really possible, movie ain't out yet. <o_O>
I'll get the answer out of her somehow. big_smile

Dyv

i can agree, they totally changed the book and murdered it. she was suppose to end up with Gabriel not Aiden, and many of the important plots were taken out, same with most of the characters too. Like Astrid wasn't Rafe's mother, they actually hooked up in the book, which was kinda gross

"I got a pain, and I thought it was for sex; but it's to tear everything to gently caressing pieces!"-ginger snaps

"Out by sixteen or dead at the scene but together forever."-ginger snaps

#79 2007-10-10 05:58:27

Snap Crack 'n' Chomp

It was a terrible film... Some nice locations, but very hammy... urrghh

#80 2007-11-01 07:53:04

Sonja_Lucian

Hy,
I've seen the movie, it was amazing. So I decided to book the book for Christmas. But when I read the comments/not on here/ that the book is bad, the story is not about what it was in the movie. So I just want to know if you like or not the book. Why was it better than the movie...
Thank you in advance  (& sorry for my english)

" I will howl for you, human boy, she thought. I will hunt you in my girl skin but I'll celebrate as a wolf. "

#81 2007-11-01 22:39:01

CatWolf4891

Like a lot of people have stated the book is a bit far away as the same from the movie...if that makes sense.  The movie kinda goes its own way (like how the story for the Silent Hill movie was changed around a from the game...most of the elements are the same but the plot is different)...that's how the Blood and Chocolate movie/book is.  The movie acts more mature then the book, ages and personalities of people very different.  Some characters are not in the movie who actually influence the main plot of the book.  And the human character is much "braver" than in the book (one of the things i found a better turn than...what he behaves like in the book).  In the end, you'll have to take the changes or differences with a grain a salt, you're basically gonna read a very different story that's only gonna have a few elements related to the movie.

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#82 2007-11-16 21:32:56

metalbeast

THIS MOVIE WAS TERRIBLE! , None Of The Characters Were Likeable , The Supposed Leader Of The Werewolves Was Not Scary.......HE WAS A TINY MAN WITH TWEEZED EYEBROWS! , He Had To Have Goons Beat People Up For Him And Drug Them So They Couldn't Move Before He Was Able To Kill Them , It Took Fifty Or More Of These Things To Kill One Person , They Were No More Dangerous Than Ordinary Wolves , Why Everyone Was Afraid Of That British Kid Was Beyond Me...HE WAS FIVE FEET TALL!........All In All I Really Don't Recommend This Movie... ,  But A Lot Of People Liked This Movie So It's A Matter Of Opinion , .........And Now You Have Mine

#83 2007-12-04 20:20:38

Aki

In some ways I liked the movie better than the book.

Gabriel didn't suddenly change at the end from this creepy dude who managed to snag the chick anyways into a likable guy and Aiden didn't pussy out like a wuss.

Liked the book, really, but hated the ending. B&C the movie was a real departure from the book but it was still pretty sweet, especially since the ending was kick ass - no wussing out, no girl suddenly deciding to go with the creep anyways or stuff.

Gabriel even got shot. Sweet.

#84 2007-12-14 20:33:53

chad

I liked the movie Blood and Chocolate but I felt that it lacked the action of Underworld. 

Chad

The Lycan Journal

#85 2007-12-14 22:54:51

Kyllein

Considering that it was done by the same production people that did Underworld, that isn't surprising.  The book wasn't all that well done, other than a few scenes; but once it was a movie, the book was just forgotten.
The book was so-so as a story.  The movie was a bad retelling of Romeo and Juliette in places.
The book made the Lycans into something that wasn't even a Werewolf-they just resembled them.  In fact, there was a point made in the book that they Were Not Werewolves (Wolf-human mixtures) but rather a life form that just resembled them.
At least in the movie, bad as it was, they were card-carrying Were's.
But then the only thing that the picture had in common with the book was the title.
The rest was just artsy-phartsy camera work with some euro-fashion clothing thrown in.
Why can't somebody make a decent Werewolf flick for a change?

Kyllein Faolchu' MacKellerann, Aka RedEye, Kyllein, KMacK, Faolchu' and Lupus Umbrus (NOT Shadow Wolf!)  Here's the Joke:  That's My Real Name! big_smile
Clean Scent and Clear Trail: may your hunt be fruitful!

#86 2007-12-15 05:53:43

BlueEyesWolf

Kyllein wrote:

Why can't somebody make a decent Werewolf flick for a change?

When Hollywood finally get it right.......... and knowing them, not for a loooooonnng time. roll

#87 2007-12-15 11:40:46

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Aki, Kyllein, I have a request.
  I can see that you both have read the book and have very good points about the characters and story line - both on its own and in comparison to the movie.
  If it's not too much to ask, could I get you to post your thoughts on the book in the following topic? It would be wonderful to get your input on it:
http://forum.werewolfcafe.com/viewtopic.php?id=2436
It's just that I appreciated what you both said about the book in this topic, And I was hoping others might get to read what you said if you posted your thoughts there too.

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#88 2007-12-16 02:21:23

Aki

Kyllein wrote:

The movie was a bad retelling of Romeo and Juliette in places.

And so was the book. tongue

I've always described Blood and Chocolate, no matter book or movie as "Romeo and Juliette, with werewolves", personally.

The book made the Lycans into something that wasn't even a Werewolf-they just resembled them.  In fact, there was a point made in the book that they Were Not Werewolves (Wolf-human mixtures) but rather a life form that just resembled them.

No, the book says they are werewolves. It just says they don't turn into actual wolves when they shift, but things that look like them, though bigger and meaner.

Grayle wrote:

Aki, Kyllein, I have a request.
  I can see that you both have read the book and have very good points about the characters and story line - both on its own and in comparison to the movie.
  If it's not too much to ask, could I get you to post your thoughts on the book in the following topic? It would be wonderful to get your input on it:
It's just that I appreciated what you both said about the book in this topic, And I was hoping others might get to read what you said if you posted your thoughts there too.

Sure.

#89 2007-12-16 02:32:19

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Sonja_Lucian wrote:

Hy,
I've seen the movie, it was amazing. So I decided to book the book for Christmas. But when I read the comments/not on here/ that the book is bad, the story is not about what it was in the movie. So I just want to know if you like or not the book. Why was it better than the movie...
Thank you in advance  (& sorry for my english)

Hey Sojna_Lucian, you may want to check out this topic:
We're focusing on the book there, whereas we're focusing on the movie in here. You might find a much better idea of the book (and if we liked it) in the other topic.
Personally, I'd recommend Benighted by Kit Whitfield over B&C, movie or no...

Oh - I just caught CatWolf's points on the book too!
Hey, CatWolf - would you be interested in posting your thoughts on the book in that other topic?

Last edited by Grayle (2007-12-16 02:34:38)

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#90 2007-12-21 07:30:36

Daninsky
Website

Well, the first time I watched B&C I thought it's an okay movie, nothing special but not as bad as I feared either.
It's one of those watch it and forget movies that neither stick out nor annoy you.

The free running sequence at the start was a nice way to show her restlessness as a wolf being caught in an urban setting. The love story is kinda meh... and the killing of the girl, which is vital to the book as it's taken to make you understand both the pack dynamics and the characters of Vivian and the five from the start, is kinda pointless in the movie. The worst is that, other than in the book, Vivian feels no attraction to the pack, she seems merely to feel trapped by them.

So after having started to read the book I can understand why those that knew the book before have little use for the movie, it really could have been something... too bad.

Last edited by Daninsky (2007-12-21 07:31:24)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#91 2008-01-22 16:50:35

Fuzzball
Website

I have not read the book -- I did not know there was one -- and I really liked the film.  Finally, a were movie which is not a slasher and does not make the weres out to be monsters.

We are all animals, my lady.  Most are to afraid to see it!
Darkness, from Legend

#92 2008-01-23 23:40:18

WolfMontana

Yay! Someone else who liked the film! big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#93 2008-01-25 00:12:36

DeweyWolfyn
Website

I just got to see that film today as one of my netflix rentals.  I thought it was nicely filmed. and the tranformation quite beautiful.  Great music. Awwww a love story! Really I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I don' eat nobody  ceptin' dose animals dat wants eatin'. Gators, chickens, nutria, muskrat, lizards, snakes....So don't be 'fraid of little Dewey, no. I just a puppy dog in a wolf suit.

#94 2008-09-07 02:51:27

The Busboy
Administrator

From another forum topic that was closed (since this one already existed):

Cratys wrote:

The first time I saw that movie I felt so deeply touched as I saw the transformations I almost cried. I felt so...I don't know like I was seeing something so beautiful, something that was a part of me. I felt this emotion I can't really describe...eh I love wolves...

#95 2008-09-07 03:05:37

Fuzzball
Website

Amazing.

Darkness, from Legend

#96 2008-09-23 19:49:02

punxnotdead

Though the movie vastly differed from the book, I really enjoyed the movie. The scenes played out nicely, the acting was good, and I liked the ending. Overall, I'd give it an 8.5/10

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#97 2008-10-23 21:50:18

larryfilmmaker

personally I thought it was horrible... but the chick looked like Jenny Garth

Sometimes I think professional wrestling is the only real thing left in life.  - my dad (a bit of a smart ass)

#98 2008-10-24 13:00:13

Fuzzball
Website

Why horrible?

Darkness, from Legend

#99 2008-10-24 14:37:22

punxnotdead

I thought it was quite enjoyable, myself. Definately different from the norm werewolf movie.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#100 2008-10-25 15:46:19

Fuzzball
Website

Yep.  That's mostly why I like it.  I also recommend (for different reasons) Brotherhood Of The Wolf (Le Pacte des Loups; yes it's a French film).

Darkness, from Legend

Board footer