"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#78 2006-11-21 18:13:42

RedStreak

Re: Anubis: Guardian Of The Tomb

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/redstreak1/AnubisLogoPreview.gif

Courtesey of Stephie Stone. smile  Look for it in Cornerstone #1 this January.

"Let the trails lead where they may, I will follow"
-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#79 2006-11-21 19:15:35

The Busboy
Administrator

Yea! I'll be buying that one!

#80 2006-11-22 00:42:37

BlueEyesWolf

Same here!!!! smile smile smile

#81 2006-11-25 20:44:15

RedStreak

All the Anubis material has been turned in and it is set for publishing now.  The only even vague matter left was double-checking that page one, with the logo, was properly uploaded.

During the whole creation process we've been working with computers and the internet:  the script written on MS Word, pencils and inks scanned, grayscales, lettering, and the logo added digitally.  And then there was the heavy communication online amongst the creative team - the fact our inker is literally on the other side of the world shows how much has changed since the golden era of comics.  Anubis: Guardian of the Tomb is completely a comic of the silicon age!

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#82 2006-11-25 20:45:37

WolfMontana

Woot! big_smile

#83 2006-11-26 00:47:14

BlueEyesWolf

Fascinating , Captain Red. wink

#84 2006-11-26 16:45:56

The Busboy
Administrator

Cool post RedStreak, thank you for that.  What upcoming conventions will you be at promoting the comic?  Will you have T-Shirts, posters, pictures, etc. to go along with the launch of the comic book?

#85 2006-11-26 20:06:14

RedStreak

The Busboy wrote:

Cool post RedStreak, thank you for that.  What upcoming conventions will you be at promoting the comic?  Will you have T-Shirts, posters, pictures, etc. to go along with the launch of the comic book?

Off-hand most of my focus has been on getting the comic itself ready for publishing.  Beyond that I've been preparing future scripts - thus far I have the first 9 issues ready and this weekend Stephie and I will be collaborating on getting issue #2 started now that #1 is ready.  I will say in addition I have a special project in mind for Anubis # 10, however that particular issue won't be in print for a good while although I hope to make it the first of an independent series.

Now getting back to the root of your question, I don't have any convention plans just yet - if the Cadre Corner decides to run in WizardWorldChicago I could manage that perhaps.

T-shirts and merchandizing are a possibility but nothing concrete yet; again the focus is the book itself but, hopefully, I'd like to think by the time issue #3 if not #2 comes out we'll have something to offer.  If I could have my way, for t-shirts I would like to have at least one of Anubis and two more of his villians.  I think prints will become available more quickly than the shirts and they would be a mix of Stephie's work and other Cadre Corner artists too.

This is all just what I'd hope for remember, but if the first Cornerstone Book Anubis stars in pays off then you will all have something more to get. :)

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#86 2006-11-27 00:23:26

BlueEyesWolf

Gimme a T-SHIRT, Red!!!!!

#87 2006-11-27 19:18:30

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you for the post RedStreak, I wish you the very best, I am so excited for you all regarding this comic book.

#88 2006-11-30 17:06:42

RedStreak

Anubis Logo Merchandice Available At The Cadre Corner Store

...and just in time for the X-Mas shopping season. wink

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#89 2006-12-01 01:31:23

BlueEyesWolf

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! smile

#90 2006-12-01 06:01:14

Cadre
Website

more on merchandise and for discussion...
http://www.cadrecorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=104

also more on Anubis and the plans therein...
http://www.cadrecorner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=106

#91 2006-12-02 04:18:32

BlueEyesWolf

I looked there! Awesome! smile

#92 2006-12-02 13:45:31

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you for the links.

#93 2006-12-15 21:04:26

RedStreak

Cornerstone #1, featuring Anubis: Guardian of the Tomb is now heading to print.  Information on how soon its avaialble for sale will be posted asap. smile

For more Anubis updates, penciling for issue #2 has begun - Stephie Stone is working on the initial thumbnail sketches.  It will mark the start of Anubis' Origin Trilogy that will take you readers back a little less than a year before issue #1 to where it all began for Akil, master thief of Cairo.

Stephie and I have begun talks on designs specifically for t-shirts as well.  However those will wait until at least #2's penciling is complete.  We'll fill all of you in more as more develops.

After months of trying to arrange it, I finally have a set of tickets to see, within my local state, King Tutankhamun's exhibit at the Chicago Field Museum after x-mas and just before it is shipped out and back to Egypt itself.  Obviously its a extremely popular exhibit and, as I learned out the hardway little over a month ago, preordered tickets are about the only way to get in.  I won't be able to take pictures of the exhibit but seeing artifacts from Anubis' time of reverence will be rewarding.

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#94 2006-12-16 00:32:10

BlueEyesWolf

Fascinating, Red!  I wanna a shirt NOW!!!

#95 2006-12-16 15:19:26

The Busboy
Administrator

Thank you for your post RedStreak!  On a side note: have fun at that King Tut exhibit, it should be extremely awesome.  Here's a link for everyone reading this to see information about the famous "boy king" exhibit at a very famous Chicago museum (King Tut leaves that museum after January 1, 2007): http://www.fieldmuseum.org/

#96 2006-12-16 18:11:50

WolfMontana

Sweet dude smile

#97 2006-12-17 05:54:20

BlueEyesWolf

I saw that when it was in Los Angeles! You will like it a lot, Red!

#98 2007-01-01 23:13:29

RedStreak

The thumbnail sketches for Anubis #2 have just been completed.  I should be able to show you a few in the next few days.

Cornerstone featuring the first issue of Anubis: Guardian of the Tomb is being printed now - mostly it was getting the colors for the cover completed and the Holiday Season in general that slowed the process slightly but everything is still on track for it's Jauary release. wink

I will get you the news on when Cornerstone is available for purchase, in the meantime here is the current lineup for the second issue's contributors:

Writer/Creator: William T Taylor
Pencils & Grayscales: Stephie Stone
Inks: Jesse "Cadre" Hansen
Lettering: Jennifer Eller

Our original inker, PJ, will be busy so Cadre will step in for the time being, although PJ intends to return on issue #3 or asap.

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#99 2007-01-01 23:33:27

RedStreak

RedStreak wrote:

After months of trying to arrange it, I finally have a set of tickets to see, within my local state, King Tutankhamun's exhibit at the Chicago Field Museum

The exhibit itself was humble, but nevertheless impressive to see artifacts from the best-known pharoh of ancient Egypt itself.

The line was huge, and my grandmother and myself were directed back and forth between an elevator and the line due to some confusion (something with ViP tickets basically).  At 12:32 PM we finally ascended the stairs from the East Entrance and entered into a darkened hallway.  Most of the exhibit was kept in low lights and the walls and floors were black, either to preserve the artifacts or enhance the experiene - I suspect most likely both.  Only one room was brighter, with tan walls that showed a variety of artifacts related to Tut's family.

The exhibits were all in glass displays.  There included a model boat, statues, busts, and one was the lid to one of King Tut's canopic jars made of a cream-colored glass with its resective guardian god's head on top - I can't recall which organ of his it held.

Every artifact no matter how small had a good deal of craftsmanship put into it; obviously all done by hand but it was of a level that could only be equaled or exceeded by our modern automation.  Several artifacts I recognized instantly from books on Tut: a statue of the creation god Ptah that stood out with his bright blue dome head, twin statues of Tut showing him wearing the crowns of Upper and Lower Egypt, a mirror case, a jeweled scarab with wings and a sun disc, and Tut's dagger with sheath (I have several small daggers of my own that actually are more detailed than it was - again this relates more to how modern forging techinques make it possible).

The artifact that stood out the most was a magnificant golden sarcophagus.  Suprisingly it was not Tut's, but of one of his half-sisters.  Aside from a crack along the back of the head the gold plating was flawless.  It was extremely beautiful with unbelieveable detail carved into the gold.  Along the sides of its legs I saw several gods standing - in a heartbeat I recognized Anubis himself of course, which was something I died to see: Anubis as he was represented in Egypt; in addition Thoth was in the same section; on the back of the head Nephthys was shown kneeling with wings spread - knowing her duality with the more popular Isis, I went to the foot of the sarcophagus and found Isis in a near identical pose as I anticipated.

Much of what I saw could be found in a book with better photography, but I went to see with my own eyes and to share the experience with my grandmother, to whom this was no doubt a once in her lifetime event and possibly my own.

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

#100 2007-01-01 23:43:28

RedStreak

These are two thumbnails rendered by Stephie stone - I was exceedingply pleased with her work on what I hope to be one of Anubis' finest issues:

Page 3

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/redstreak1/Page3thumbEDITED.jpg

Page 11

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/redstreak1/Page11thumb.jpg

They shall be all I'll reveal until the second issue itself is printed. wink

Last edited by RedStreak (2007-01-01 23:44:17)

-Tigatron, Beast Wars

Board footer