The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2007-01-29 23:59:06

Vargr

Re: Do you believe in werewolves? If so why?

I heard a story when I was a kid from a biologist who visited my school that an infant skunk taken from its den within a day of being born will never learn how to spray its musk. I have not been able to confirm this searching the internet, which leads me to believe he may not have known what he was talking about, but it is an interesting idea.

What if the same is true of werewolves? What if the innate ability to shift your shape is not enough, you have to be shown how to do it? The knowledge could be killed in a single generation even if a few infant children lived on, and the genes would pass down through generations without any obvious signs. Our genetics allow us to do all of the amazing things humans have learned to accomplish in the last few thousand years, even though they evolved maybe a million years or more ago. Who knows what else is still waiting to be discovered or rediscovered.

I choose to believe werewolves may exist, either realized or not. This planet is huge, and although modern civilization with all that it brings has shrunk it significantly, we still can't claim to know all of the Earth. We still discover new species, there are places that few to no men have ever been, and people are extremely good at overlooking things they don't understand or want to see. Obviously it isn't likely, but it is certainly possible.

"My wolf-blood runs high, Every night that the moon shows her face in the sky."
Julia Ecklar, A Wolfrider's Reflection - Songs of Elfquest, "Cutter: Tam‘s Song"

#52 2007-02-02 22:14:53

WolfMontana

Hey Fuzzball - I don't have a link, it's from the book 'Hunting the American Werewolf' highly recommend the read, cause I don't think they're all smoking something wink

But yeah, plaid shirt on a werewolf?? Waaay too stereotypical.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#53 2007-02-03 06:03:40

BlueEyesWolf

Hahahaha! The Werewolf in Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas wore a torn plaid shirt, WolfMontana. lol

#54 2007-02-03 10:35:20

WolfMontana

Yep! And that's exactly why! Everybody's got that lumberjackin' werewolf thing going.

... okay... maybe not WolfvanZandt. wink  I don't think he's ever been a lumberjack... big_smile

#55 2007-02-03 23:37:46

LoupGarouAngel
Website

Well who would want a prep werewolf?!It's just not as fun!!
(No offense to any preps)

"You're like one of those lab rats that hits the pleasure button instead of the food until it dies!" Sam-Houses of the Holy.
"Dude, you Fugly." Dean-Scarecrow.
A therian who's a wanna be screenwriter, but doesn't have a life story that fits the bill...
http://loupgarouangel.deviantart.com/

#56 2007-02-04 03:01:14

WolfMontana

Hmm. That would be... interesting clothing wise. lol

#57 2007-02-04 07:19:39

BlueEyesWolf

WolfMontana wrote:

Yep! And that's exactly why! Everybody's got that lumberjackin' werewolf thing going.

... okay... maybe not WolfvanZandt. wink  I don't think he's ever been a lumberjack... big_smile

And Bubba The Redneck Werewolf...he always wearing overalls and a red trucker cap. No shirts at all.

#58 2007-02-05 02:24:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

But I do wear plaid shirts! And overalls, and overalls without shirts. And an overcoat without shirts......no wait.......I usually wear a shirt and tie with the overcoat....

#59 2007-02-05 04:21:47

Siverwolf

I usually wear overalls too, or BDU's with my "realtree" hunters cap and big "grizzely" style waterproof boots.
Where I live at in the mountains most folks wear things like that unless they live in or close to the town of Morganton, Marion, or Valdese.
But no one really believes in werewolves around here or has any understanding of their exsistance.  At least, not to my knowledge.

Siverwolf.

Last edited by Siverwolf (2007-02-05 04:26:55)

Homo - Lycanthropus

#60 2007-02-06 11:28:19

WolfMontana

WolfVanZandt wrote:

But I do wear plaid shirts! And overalls, and overalls without shirts. And an overcoat without shirts......no wait.......I usually wear a shirt and tie with the overcoat....

lol

#61 2007-04-01 23:37:05

Chaos Wyldrider

I do believe in werewolves.  There's just too many legends out there, and we all should know that all legends are based on some fact, just like fiction.

Chaos Wyldrider
mate to Rogue Wyldrider
adoptive father to Tallon
father of Sayani, Soren and Kronos

#62 2007-04-26 09:20:56

seWeReWoLfRaGe

I believe in it. I mean, there are alot of crazy things in this world and that wouldn't be the craziest.

YOU STOLE FIZZY LIFTING DRINKS!!! YOU GET NOTHING!!! GOOD DAY SIR!!

#63 2007-04-30 21:26:28

Black Shuck
Website

I believe in werewolves. A part of me wants to believe because I think it's important to have something "fantastical" to believe in because what's life without some magic? Even though so many people can watch a magic trick be performed and know it's just slight of hand, they still believe at some level and the fact that so many people allow themselves to believe shows (to me at least) that people need to believe in the so-called impossible.

Another things that leads me to believe is that almost every culture on earth has some sort of werewolf, or other shape-shifting being, in their native legends. I'm fascinated that people who are so far apart from each and so varied in customs and language can have similar stories. Maybe it's just basic human nature, like speaking I guess, but I still think that there's something more to it. It just boggles my mind that someone could blatantly make something up, despite the fact that it's done constantly <.<

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#64 2007-05-20 23:46:50

native-lycan
Website

wow,blueeyeswolf, you are a vegiterian!!!!!!!!! how do you do it, I mean, we humans are also predators, werewoves or not its part of our natural nature to eat atleast chicken or fish(which are my two favorite type of food, tongue)

I'm A True Follower Of The Ancient Ways, Which Include Believing In Ancient Spirits, Like The Spirit Of Predators Like The Wolf Or The Jaguar, This Are My Spirit Guides..... THE DARK PREDATOR WILL PREY ON YOUR SOUL, I'M THE WEREJAGUARWOLF.......GRGRRRRR!!!

#65 2007-05-20 23:49:37

native-lycan
Website

ohh, and a do believe in werewolves, I MEAN, we were once wild animals, it could be natural for us to go back to our wild roots, at least mentally

I'm A True Follower Of The Ancient Ways, Which Include Believing In Ancient Spirits, Like The Spirit Of Predators Like The Wolf Or The Jaguar, This Are My Spirit Guides..... THE DARK PREDATOR WILL PREY ON YOUR SOUL, I'M THE WEREJAGUARWOLF.......GRGRRRRR!!!

#66 2007-05-21 23:53:39

WolfVanZandt
Website

Native-lycan, you'd be surprised at how many lycanthropes are vegetarians.

#67 2007-05-22 04:57:33

BlueEyesWolf

Yep! I'm not the only one.

*Chews a carrot*

#68 2007-05-22 13:14:05

native-lycan
Website

well, thats very interesting, I've heard of wolves eating berries, but never heard of hervivore wolves, I gess you are the special kind blueeyeswolf

#69 2007-05-22 17:03:03

Black Shuck
Website

lol, Yeah, Blue's pretty special big_smile (the good kind Blue, not the slow kind wink )

#70 2007-05-22 19:44:18

native-lycan
Website

I gess there has to be vegiterian lycans, especially if they are budhist......or members of PETA

#71 2007-05-22 23:46:32

WolfVanZandt
Website

At least two Therians I know do not eat meat - not because they have a problem with eating meat - but because they have a problem with the way commercial meat is processed.

#72 2007-05-23 04:04:34

BlueEyesWolf

Black Shuck wrote:

lol, Yeah, Blue's pretty special big_smile (the good kind Blue, not the slow kind wink )

*Eyes Black Shuck*

Watch it, Black Shuck, since I'm deaf..the "not the slow kind" comment  was a little too close to home. I hated it when people thought that I was "slow"  when I was young just because I wore hearing aids.

#73 2007-05-23 04:07:22

BlueEyesWolf

native-lycan wrote:

I gess there has to be vegiterian lycans, especially if they are budhist......or members of PETA

I'm neither of those. Going vegetarian was my own choosing.

#74 2007-05-23 09:04:13

native-lycan
Website

Ohhhh, But How? And Why??is It Becuase Processed Meat Can Be Harmful For Your Health,like Wolfvanzandt Said????

#75 2007-05-23 11:55:44

Black Shuck
Website

BlueEyesWolf wrote:

Black Shuck wrote:

*Eyes Black Shuck*

Watch it, Black Shuck, since I'm deaf..the "not the slow kind" comment  was a little too close to home. I hated it when people thought that I was "slow"  when I was young just because I wore hearing aids.

I didn't mean you were "slow" at all man. That's why I said you weren't the slow kind of special, but like, the other kind. The kind that makes you unique and us like you. I wasn't attempting to push any buttons

Board footer