The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-11 13:23:49

Bloodwolf

german weerwolf db and tion you need to see this

at germany  i think 1687 it was the time but in a village called witchelle one night they killed a werewolf by this well and put a lantern becouse that was the lantern they killed the werewolf  with on the well so when it would go out the werewolf would come back soo one night the guards were at the well and the lantern was out they joked about it and the werewolf was spotted along a fence where some guards were looking they saw a large dog on its hind legs jump a 7-14ft fence and run threw the sides of the fence about 6 miles per hour and they let the attack dogs  go and the dogs went by it and when they came back the dogs were going crazy NUTS and they said the werewolf was never see....... i never said what color its fur was btu im pretty damn sure that was one send back hmm

im a layal werewolf ( i wis to be a werewolf ) sry db for your........bro.......

#2 2006-02-14 09:01:55

Siverwolf

Re: german weerwolf db and tion you need to see this

So I take it the werewulf is still around......Why do they hurt it???sad

Homo - Lycanthropus

#3 2007-06-20 10:05:46

Burgard
Website

your story is very interesting. I think you meant "Wittlich" (my hometown ;-)) instead of Witchelle.
you are not the only one who has heard the story!

I`m studying Folklore/Cultureanthropology & Sociology in Germany and write a thesis about this story. Where & when did you heard of the story? I would be very thankfull & happy, if you could answer me some questions. 

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/11-23-2002-30902.asp (qoute)
The Morbach Monster
Was it man or beast? Can the US Air Force be mistaken? The town of Wittlich is said to be the last place in Germany where a werewolf has been killed.
The Legend
The town of Wittlich is said to be the last place in Germany where a werewolf has been killed.
Thomas Johannes Baptist Schwytzer, a deserter from Napoleon’s Army and a veteran of the disaster at Moscow, is fleeing to his homeland in Alsace. With him are a group of Russians, also deserters. While passing by the village of Wittlich, the hungry soldiers spy a farmhouse and decide to take what they want. In the midst of their scavenging they are discovered by the farmer, whom they promptly murder along with his sons.
The farmer's wife, seeing this foul deed lets out a wail and curses Schwitzer.
"From now on at each full moon you will change into a rabid wolf!" she screams in her anguish.
Schwytzer relieves her suffering by crushing her skull.
But the curse works. Gradually a change comes over Schwytzer. He becomes harder, without inhibitions. He robs, rapes, and murders at his pleasure. He soon departs from his fellows who have had enough, and takes up with bandits, and highwaymen. Even these ruffians are appalled at Schwitzer's excesses, so the ex-soldier flees to the sanctuary of the deep forests.
There the tales of a wolf that walks like a man will spread throughout the countryside. At night men and cattle are brutally slaughtered by the beast.
One night Schwytzer spies the beautiful daughter of a local farmer. Her name is Elizabeth Beierle, and in his carnal lust he rapes her.
Days later, while by his campfire in the woods, Schwytzer is discovered by a group of villagers who take him for the werewolf. They give chase and corner the fugitive near the village of Morbach. Promptly dispatching Schwytzer, the villagers bury him at a crossing. There a shrine is erected where a candle will burn continually. As long as the candle is lit, so the legend goes, the werewolf will not return.
Nine months later, a son is born to Elizabeth Beierles, whom she names Martin. To this day the descendants of this bastard child are a respected family in the vicinity of Morbach, and show no sign of the curse of their infamous ancestor, Thomas Johannes Baptist Schwytzer.
That is until 1988.

Morbach US Air Force ammunition depot
One evening a group of air force personnel are returning to their base at Morbach. Passing the old shrine they notice the candle is out. They begin to laugh and joke about this, for all have heard of the legend of the werewolf.

Later, at the base, automatic sirens peal into the night. Someone or something has activated the perimeter fence sensors. While investigating, a security guard spies a large creature, like a wolf, standing on its hind legs. It gazes at the soldier for a moment and then flees, clearing a 3 meter fence with ease.

A police dog is brought to track the beast, but upon arriving at the spot where the werewolf was seen, the canine trembles and howls, refusing to go further.

What was it? Some story made up to frighten new recruits? Or was it really a descendant of Schwitzer transformed into a wolf? You decide!

Regardless of the questions, the candle at the shrine is relit, and the creature has been seen no more.

In brief, we are all monsters, that is a composition of man and beast.

#4 2007-06-20 12:22:09

WolfMontana

big_smile Awesome stuff. I'd heard about this on the old Paranormal.com board, very interesting story. smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2007-07-16 08:10:25

Burgard
Website

I will be on Saturday in Morbach, perhaps I will see the shrine or the Werewolf ;-)
Just in case i will take a camera & a silverbullet with me smile

#6 2007-07-17 02:58:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

O.o

Uh, don't shoot it. From what I've heard, it's never done any damage and I don't think even a silver bullet is going to hurt a ghost......

#7 2007-07-23 12:30:11

Sentinel

I have heard this before. It seems interesting.

My question is: Is this in Wittlich or Morbach?

Also, where specifically in the town?

#8 2007-07-23 16:50:40

Burgard
Website

The legend is called "Morbach Monster", but in the story it is said that the werewolf was seen in Wittlich.
Morbach is a small town in the area "Kreis Bernkastel-Wittlich" and about 30 km away from the town wittlich. The base was in Morbach (in the near of Wenigerath & Rapperath) and so i believe they saw it in Morbach (there you can also find the 3 meter high security fences).  In the near of the base you could also find a few small shrines (in german "Heiligenhäuschen") with candles. I have made some pictures from the area (shrines&fence), if you are interested i could upload it...

1988 were still the french army in Wittlich based at.

@sentinel: where did you heard this before? (internet, friends, etc. ?)
Next Saturday I will be in Morbach & Wittlich again. So if you have some hints, please tell me. big_smile

#9 2007-07-23 22:26:32

WolfMontana

*waves hand wildly* Very interested!! Would love to see the pictures!!! big_smile

#10 2007-07-23 23:38:08

Sentinel

I would be extremely interested. If it is too much you could e-mail me about it. An excellent addition to that would be some specific longitude/latitude coordinates of the locations, or at least street names and directions.

#11 2007-07-24 00:49:59

Black Shuck
Website

I've heard about this legend before! I always thought it was neat because of the Air Force sighting. I heard about it a couple of years when I joined this site, but I don't recall if I heard about ot from this site directly or from this one (which this website has a link to in the "Internet Links to Werewolf Legends and Lore" thread): http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/werewolf.html

I'd like to see your pictures too Burgard, if you can upload them big_smile

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#12 2007-07-24 19:13:55

Burgard
Website

#13 2007-07-24 19:33:07

Black Shuck
Website

Those are really nice pictures! big_smile Very cool!

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#14 2007-07-24 21:03:46

Sentinel

Thank you very much. Those pictures are a big help.

Is there any chance you could post some  road names?

#15 2007-07-25 04:41:33

Burgard
Website

I just have looked for street names with google maps. But those villages are so small, that google maps don`t know any street names. I have made a more precise description to the photos. If you want to visit the places, don`t worry, its very easy to find. The villages are very small and you cannot miss the shrines.

#16 2007-07-30 17:29:04

WolfMontana

smile Wow. I would love to run through that forest. Thanks for the photos!!

#17 2007-08-03 07:41:27

Burgard
Website

The munition site is now the Morbach Energy Landscapeproject. In german its called "Energielandschaft" (just follow the signboards). You can see the wind turbines from a distance. Across from this you will get to Wenigerath & easily to Rapperath.

#18 2008-02-24 16:26:53

BlackWolfMarwood

http://c.myspace.com/Groups/00004/86/60/4370668_l.jpg

I read the story and was reminded by this.

#19 2008-04-13 15:24:42

Burgard
Website

I`m going to publish my work about the Morbach Monster soon, but only in german ;-) Now I`m searching for pictures that could be on the cover. So if someone has a good idea, i would be very glad. It should be a serious picture, because it will be a scientific book.  Pictures of a werewolf look like a comic figure or a bloody monster would be wrong. It would be great if the picture is without any copyrights or very cheap, because i am a poor student and cannot pay money for a picture from disney or universal ;-)

#20 2008-04-13 15:58:38

The Busboy
Administrator

Congratulations on getting your book published, how very, very exciting!

#21 2008-04-17 18:55:39

Sentinel

Burgard wrote:

I`m going to publish my work about the Morbach Monster soon, but only in german ;-) Now I`m searching for pictures that could be on the cover. So if someone has a good idea, i would be very glad. It should be a serious picture, because it will be a scientific book.  Pictures of a werewolf look like a comic figure or a bloody monster would be wrong. It would be great if the picture is without any copyrights or very cheap, because i am a poor student and cannot pay money for a picture from disney or universal ;-)

Please give us the particulars when it is complete. I would very much like to read it.

#22 2008-11-24 12:11:07

Burgard
Website

I am really happy, because now my book about the monster/werewolf from morbach is official for sale.
Some newspapers will write some articles about my book and also a small regional tv-channel (SWR) will make a small report about it.
The book "Das Monster von Morbach" will cost 19,90 Euro and could be ordered with ISBN 978-3-8309-2043-4 . I hope it will be sonn avaible with amazon & co... I have to mentioned that the book is written in german, but perhaps it is still interesting for some one ;-) ...

#23 2008-11-25 06:35:41

WolfMontana

Woohoo! big_smile Dude, that's freaking awesome. Congrats!!

#24 2008-11-30 22:46:56

Freddy

awww man that's kiss ass dude congrats! i hope my book 1 day comes out good and i hope it becomes a movie 2

I will always protect the one's I love no matter what

#25 2008-12-10 18:20:59

Wolfsmensch
Website

Burgard wrote:

I am really happy, because now my book about the monster/werewolf from morbach is official for sale.
Some newspapers will write some articles about my book and also a small regional tv-channel (SWR) will make a small report about it.
The book "Das Monster von Morbach" will cost 19,90 Euro and could be ordered with ISBN 978-3-8309-2043-4 . I hope it will be sonn avaible with amazon & co... I have to mentioned that the book is written in german, but perhaps it is still interesting for some one ;-) ...

In January, when I got some money again ( wink )I will definitely check this one out!

Board footer