The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-21 08:00:31

wolfgangsrpond

all werewolf books?

Can I get a list of sum good werewolf books, I want to read them all and im sure you want to too.

i will check as much as possible for new books

PS. note that im posting all books I find and I will not post an opinion till i read them or sum other peaple give me theirs to post

books....

1.)Wereling series                                                                       by Stephen Cole
2.)Murcheston:The Wolf's Tale                                                     by David Holland
3.)The Wild                                                                             by Whitley Strieber
4.)The Wolf's Hour                                                              by Robert McCammon
5.)Howling Mad                                                                             by Peter David
6.)Wolf Moon                                                                            by Charles de Lint
7.)Fool Moon                                                                                by Jim Butcher
8.)Blue Moon                                                                            by Lori Handeland
9.)Hunter's Moon                                                                      by Lori Handeland
10.)Stroke of Midnight                                                              by Lori Handeland
11.)Dark Moon                                                                         by Lori Handeland
12.)Lonely Werewolf Girl                                                               by Martin Millar
13.)Darker Than You Think                                                       by Jack Williamson
14.)Killing Moon                                                                         by Rebecca York
15.)Witching Moon                                                                      by Rebecca York
16.)Crimson Moon                                                                      by Rebecca York
17.)New Moon                                                                            by Rebecca York
18.)the Wolf's Hour                                                             by Robert McCammon
19.)Master Of The Moon                                                              by Angela Knight
20.)Moon's Web                                                   by C.T Adams and Cathy Clamp
21.)Operation Chaos                                                                  by Poul Anderson
22.)Bitten                                                                            by Kelley Armstrong
23.)Stolen                                                                            by Kelley Armstrong
24.)Full Moon Rising                                                                        by Keri Arthur
25.)The Tattooed Wolf                                                                by K. Bannerman
26.)Cabal                                                                                    by Clive Barker
27.)The Wolf Hunt                                                                  by Gillian Bradshaw
28.)The Passion                                                                            by Donna Boyd
29.)Canyons                                                                                 by P. D. Cacek
30.)The Wolf Boys' Club                                                          by J. J. Christopher
31.)Bearwalker                                         by Steven Lee Climer and Lori A. Soard
32.)Underworld Book 1                                                                     by Greg Cox
33.)Underworld Book 2: Blood Enemy                                                by Greg Cox
34.)Wilderness                                                                        by Dennis Danvers
35.)Derik's Bane                                                              by MaryJanice Davidson
36.)The Werewolf of Paris                                                              by Guy Endore
37.)Wolf's Trap                                                                       by William Gagliani
38.)The Eternal Battle                                                                 by Keith Gouveia
39.)Dead Until Dark                                                                by Charlaine Harris
40.)Naked Brunch                                                                     by Sparkle Hayter
41.)Murcheston                                                                          by David Holland
42.)Blood Trail                                                                               by Tanya Huff
43.)Heart Of The Hunter: Werewolf 1                                                by Rick Jones
44.)Night Play                                                                       by Sherrilyn Kenyon
45.)Wilding Nights                                                                         by Lee Killough
46.)Diplomacy of Wolves                                                                  by Holly Lisle
47.)Gil's All Fright Diner by                                                            A. Lee Martinez
48.)Moonwarriors                                                                        by Rusty Nugent
49.)Surviving Frank                                                                   by David A. Page
50.)Lycanthrope                                                                       by Justin P Petrillo
51.)Guardian of the Promise                                                by Irene Radford       
52.)Shifter                                                     by Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens
53.)Werewolf                                                                                by Peter Rubie
54.)The Werewolf's Kiss                                                               by Cheri Scotch
55.)The Werewolf's Touch                                                            by Cheri Scotch
56.)The Werewolf's Sin                                                                 by Cheri Scotch
57.)Night of the Werewolf                                                          by Harry Shannon
58.)Moon Dance                                                                          by S.P. Somtow
59.)Racing with the Moon                                                             by Jane Toombs
60.)The Naphtali Chronicles: A Whole New Breed                     by T. Anthony Truax
61.)The Hyde Effect                                                                      by Steve Vance
62.)Shara                                                                              by Steven E. Wedel
63.)Tempting Danger                                                                    by Eileen Wilks
64.)Mortal Danger                                                                         by Eileen Wilks
65.)Wolf Pack                                                                         by Edo Van Belkom
66.)Lone Wolf                                                                         by Edo Van Belkom
67.)My Father the Werewolf                                                        by Henry Garfield
68.)Dark Dreams                                                                       by Ann Hodgman
69.)Dark Music                                                                          by Ann Hodgman
70.)The Wolving Time                                                              by Patrick Jennings
71.)The Talisman                                               by Stephen King and Peter Straub
72.)Cycle Of The Werewolf                                                          by STephen King
73.)Blood and Chocolate                                                  by Annette Curtis Klause
74.)The Year the Wolves Came                                                 by Bebe Faas Rice
75.)Scarlet Moon                                                                     
--- sum nonfiction books...
76.)The Book of Were-Wolves                                           by Sabine Baring-Gould
77.)Werewolves                                                                          by Daniel Cohen
78.)Werewolves: Fact or Fiction?                                              by Angela Cybulski
79.)Werewolves, Witches and Wandering Spirits         edited by Kathryn A. Edwards
80.)The Encyclopedia of Vampires, Werewolves and Other Monsters   by Rosemary Ellen Guiley
81.)Human Animals                                                                      by Frank Hamel
82.)Werewolves                                                                      by Elliott O'Donnell
83.)A Lycanthropy Reader: Werewolves in Western Culture edited by Charlotte F. Otten
84.)Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs, and Ape-Men                  by Nick Redfern
85.)Werewolves and Shapeshifters                                              by Darren Zenko

and on and on

Last edited by wolfgangsrpond (2007-09-23 22:16:59)

myspace.com/blondii10292

#2 2007-09-21 13:08:34

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Re: all werewolf books?

Murcheston: The Wolf's Tale, by David Holland.

Well, somebody had to suggest it....

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#3 2007-09-21 17:58:14

wolfgangsrpond

thank you

and everbody u can say eny werewolf book you dont need to know the author

myspace.com/blondii10292

#4 2007-09-21 20:05:06

WolfMontana

Well, some of my personal favorites are:

The Wild by Whitley Strieber
The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon (think that's his name)
Howling Mad by Peter David
Wolf Moon by Charles de Lint

But none of these involve a rabid raging werewolf as the main character. The Wild is basically about a lost poet turning into a wolf by accident in the middle of New York, the Wolf's Hour is an amazing book set in Russia early on, then Germany and England during World War II, the main characters special 'talents' are brought into use to defeat the Nazi's. And Howling Mad is a hilarious exploration of what would happen should a WOLF be bitten by a werewolf. He turns into a man of course, and craziness ensues. I was thrilled to find out Charles de Lint had written a werewolf book, and it was lovely. smile

There's also 'Fool Moon' by Jim Butcher that's alot of fun. The main character isn't a werewolf, he's a wizard, investigating werewolves.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2007-09-21 22:29:19

wolfgangsrpond

thank you vary much WolfMontana

i hope more peaple can contribute

myspace.com/blondii10292

#6 2007-09-21 23:41:04

The Busboy
Administrator

The main site has a very large list of werewolf books (when it is open during the full moon phases).  Also this forum has a large list of books too if you check the threads.  There are many authors on this site also.

#7 2007-09-22 09:55:54

wolfgangsrpond

thank you vary much i will be serchin the threads for more books

myspace.com/blondii10292

#8 2007-09-29 00:02:04

strangewingz

WolfMontana wrote:

There's also 'Fool Moon' by Jim Butcher that's alot of fun. The main character isn't a werewolf, he's a wizard, investigating werewolves.

This is from the series of books about Harry Dresden and the basis for the sci-fi channel's "The Dresden Files"  tv series, btw

Lost in the Deep, Dark Woods

#9 2007-12-21 15:27:48

therian44
Barry Burton's lover
Website

No one read "My father the Werewolf." It really sucks. Theres no detail at all, its borning, crappy plot, and theres not really a point to it.

"The Blood of Ten Chiefs" (1 &2) by RichardPini, Robert Asprin, and Lynn Abbey
"Wyrm Wolf" (1) by James A. Moore
"Conspicuous Consumption" (2) by James A. Moore
"Hell-Storm" (3) by James A. Moore
"The Silver Wolf" (1) by Alice Borchardt
"Night of the Wolf" (2) by Alice Borchardt
"Heart of the Hunter" by R.L. Stine
"Moon Called" by Patricia Briggs

Last edited by therian44 (2007-12-23 10:58:18)

Run, wolf warrior, to ends eternal
Through the wreckage of the death of the day
Scent of silence under starlight spinning
A captured beast within a human skin

#10 2007-12-22 12:15:40

Daninsky
Website

Let me add the obvious:

Underworld: Evolution  by Greg Cox
(the movie works slightly better than the book, only for completists and die hard fans adviseable. Blood Enemy on the other hand is great fun to read although it's 'only' a more indepth retelling of Lucian's and Sonja's Story)

Operation Luna by Poul Anderson

Nancy A. Collins who wrote the Sonja Blue novels which are among the greatest ever Vampire stories also wrote two Werewolf Books:
Wild Blood  (this shouldn't be too hard to find)
Walking Wolf  (I got that as a Signed and Numbered issue, I'm not sure if it was ever reprinted so it might be harder to find)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#11 2008-02-12 18:04:38

Skrik

Bal des louves 1: La chambre maudite          Calmel Mireille
Bal des  louves 2 : La VENGEANCE D'ISABEAU Calmel Mireille

#12 2008-02-13 01:15:53

ArcLight
Website

Favorite current werewolf series:

KITTY AND THE MIDNIGHT HOUR

KITTY GOES TO WASHINGTON

KITTY TAKES A HOLIDAY

KITTY AND THE SILVER BULLET

by Carrie Vaughn

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#13 2008-02-13 13:57:47

WolfMontana

big_smile Heh, you're reading this too? My boyfriend bought me Kitty and the Midnight Hour on a whim a few weeks ago, and I've devoured the rest, working now on the last one. I've really, really enjoyed them - more so than the sequels to Patricia Briggs series with the Skinwalker.

#14 2008-02-14 01:03:02

ArcLight
Website

I like the Briggs books too, but Kitty rules.  smile

#15 2008-02-17 20:29:13

WolfMontana

Oh yeah, she rocks smile And I do like the skinwalker series as well, I just can't seem to get into the third book.

#16 2008-02-18 13:03:23

ArcLight
Website

Briggs is going to be starting an actual werewolf series, it looks like. Based off the short story she has in "On The Prowl."

#17 2008-03-11 10:16:47

BrayRoadBeast

Ok, there's a graphic novel out there called FULL MOON FEVER, I think the author is Joe Casey.  (Not to be confused with the Tom Petty album).  Haven't read it yet, but I believe the premise is werewolves on a space station. Has this already been mentioned elsewhere in the cafe?  Has anyone out there gotten the chance to read it?

#18 2008-03-14 18:33:40

The Busboy
Administrator

New Book out titled "Sharp Teeth"
Link to the website: www.sharpteeththebook.com (there's a quiz on the site)
Link to the book at amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-Teeth-Toby- … amp;sr=8-1

#19 2008-03-14 21:08:24

Daninsky
Website

BrayRoadBeast wrote:

Ok, there's a graphic novel out there called FULL MOON FEVER, I think the author is Joe Casey.  (Not to be confused with the Tom Petty album).  Haven't read it yet, but I believe the premise is werewolves on a space station. Has this already been mentioned elsewhere in the cafe?  Has anyone out there gotten the chance to read it?

Never read that, but there was a rumour about it being made into a movie directed by Renny Harlin.
Unfortunately those plans got canceled far as I can tell.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#20 2008-03-26 09:05:37

BrayRoadBeast

Damn!  That would have been a pretty cool movie.  The concept is pretty cool - kind of like the 30 Days of Night "vampires attacking a town covered in 30 days of darkness"  theme.........................

#21 2008-04-05 16:32:33

strangewingz

BrayRoadBeast wrote:

I've got a copy. The art is pretty good and I like the design of the werewolves. The story is ok but some things were telegraphed a little too obviously in the opening pages...

over all, a decent graphic novel, imo

#22 2008-04-05 23:12:45

BrayRoadBeast

Cool.  Thanks strangewingz.............................

#23 2008-04-06 23:23:31

strangewingz

I just got a signed copy of a book called "Dreadful Skin" by Cherie Priest. Just a few pages into it so I can't really say more at this point...

#24 2008-04-12 17:55:21

JL_Benet
Website

Get a copy of the following books to help you with your list:
The Essential Guide to Werewolf Literature by Brian J. Frost
Half Human Half Animal: Tales of Werewolves and Related Creatures by Jamie Hall

Last edited by JL_Benet (2008-04-12 17:55:49)

#25 2008-06-01 19:44:22

cjkrythos

Corpus Lupus - by Phil Geusz

OH, and if anyone knows of any good werewolf romance novels.  I see them occasionally and Ive been told some of em are actually decent.  I just cant think of any atm and im kinda curious about which ones are worthwhile.  I suppose im just tired of books of raving monsters tearing people to peices and then getting killed with some silver by the handsome hero.   tis why I loved Wolf Moon.  Its about the werewolf being the hero, killing the handsome bard, and the werewolf gets the girl in the end.  Awesome story.

CJ

Board footer