You are not logged in.

#26 2008-07-04 07:20:01

BlueEyesWolf

Re: Aaliyah... AGW is BACK!

Ditto!

#27 2008-07-04 21:51:08

punxnotdead

Well, it's been such a long time since he posted. It's becoming torterous.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#28 2008-07-15 13:37:41

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

Ohh yea....I posted on fiction press

www.fictionpress.com/~armygreywolf

lets see what else...

oh yea more to post tonight.

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#29 2008-07-15 13:43:03

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

"So that's a yes?" 
    "It is, but we need to go now, I want to visit someone today and they have strict hours for that sort of thing."

The drive back was uneventful, they stopped to let me eat, aparently knowing the kind of metabolism I had it was easy to assume when I'd be hungry. I made a phone call on the way.
    "Hello?"  A groggy voice on the other end.  I must've woken her up...what day was it?  Sunday?
    "Ah hell sorry to wake you up Jenny."
    "Ally? Where've you been, didn't see you at the party."
    "Family emergency, did your dad pick up my car?"
    "You never called him to tell him where it's at."
    "Ohh right...sorry about that, guess I'll go get it."
    "Need me to come pick you up and take you to it, we can go to the lake afterwards."
    "I'd love to but can't, I have a friend dropping me off, I'll get it going, see you in class tommorow."
    "Sure thing.  Dad said to call back if you have troubles with it."
    "Thanks alot, bye."  I hit end and handed the phone back.
    "So wolf girl has friends huh?  They know anything about you?"
    "Uhmm, I hope not, but seriously, I've been like this less than a week." Dev gave me a grimace.
    Dev shifted in her seat looking out the windshield again, this time she wasn't speaking to me.  "I don't know how much use she would be if she can't control changes or her rage it'll be far more dangerous to use her than to just let her go on her merry way."
    "I know, I've been thinking about it." Nick who was driving took a long pull on his Sprite, catching a glance at me from the rearview mirror.  I smiled in return.
    "I have my own shite to worry about guys, no offense but this isn't the time or place to go on your crusades, I've gotta nail down this drug."
    "Good luck, drugs, violence, its the human condition."
    "Doesn't matter it's personal now."
    "Enlighten me."
    "I'm gonna go visit my boss in jail, get the real story, at least I'll know what's going on and what this drug does, a trail to work from."
    "You gonna go all vigilantie on this aren't you?"
    "Yep."
    "Call me then, we can help, I don't wan't to lose someone who might be able to help us then."
    "After you pulled a gun on me, I'm inclined to pass on your help."
    "I told you it was just business, it's what we do."
    "Just drop me off here, make this next turn and drop me off at the hospital."
    "Why the hospital?"
    "It's where I left my car."
    "Do I wanna know why you were at the hospital or why your car is still there?"
    "I wasn't kidding when I said they tried to kill me.  It wouldn't start so I left it here."
    "If it wouldn't start how are you gonna get it home?"
    "I'm a mechanic, I'll figure it out, probably just needs something minor.  Who knows, it's tempermental, might start for me now."
    "Werewolf and a machanic, that's a far cry from the vagrants and thieves we generally deal with."
    "Get used to it, I love working on cars and all things with motors."
    I got out of the car and sauntered over the the Beretta, it had sat there for who knows how long, inside was my cell phone, the door was locked, but i keep a spare key in a magnetic holder under the car for just such an occasion.
    Sure enough the car started with some coughing but it came to life.  I gave my ride a thumbs up and waited while they left.  I let the car idle while I made a phone call.
    "Waupan State Correctional Facility...how may I direct your call?"
    "I'd like to find out what your visiting hours are for today."
    "You've got about an hour for the morning hours, otherwise you have to try again on Thursday."
    "I need to see someone this morning, will I have time if I get there in half an hour?"
    "When you get here, sign in and we'll bring out the inmate you wish to conference with."
    "Ok thanks."
    I had little time, I slammed the car into first and peeled out of the parking lot, eventually making my way to the interstate.  I went over in my head what I wanted to talk to him about.  It was difficult to explain what was happening, I wasn't sure he'd tell me anything under the belief he was protecting me.
    Pulling into the parking lot of the prison was a whole different experience.  I was wound up tight, muscles so tense they were like piano wires.  I breathed deep, watching my skin boil with anticipation, settling my nerves one at a time.  It was like resetting the pins down a bowling lane, no matter how disorderly the affair got it only took a simple sweep to wash away anxiety.  After a couple more breaths I opened the car door.
    Walking towards the checkpoint I went over in my mind what I was going to tell him.  Matt cared for me deeply, I wasn't sure if the interest was as a sister or more than that.  I knew that if I was going to do this he had to know what I was.  He needed to know that I could go toe to toe with these guys, give him the confidence to tell me everything I needed to know.
    "Name?"
    "Aaliyah Grainger."
    "Business?"
    The guard had yet to look at me. "Visitation."
    "Hours are nearly over, sign in at the front desk and they'll take care of you."
    "Thanks."
    The gate buzzed quite abruptly, lurching my heart to a brisk pace in the space of a second.  I opened the door and walked inside.  Down an even longer hallway, a desk as well as a few dozen plain plastic chairs were on one side, a pair of doors on the other.  The female guard smiled at me as I approached. 
    "Your the one who called?"
    "Yes, I'm here to see Matthew Petri."
    "Just sign in on the board, I'll need your driver's license while your here, you can get it back when you leave."
    "It'll take around ten minutes to bring him out, you can either wait here to be called or go ahead in."
    "I'll go in, thank you."
    I walked through the door opposite the desk greeted by another guard, who simple stood silent and looming.  I sat down in the middle of 6 stalls, complete with bulletproof glass and phones to talk to each other.  I concentrated on everything I needed to tell him.  Regardless sweat had begun to bead on my forehead when he finally came out.
    He stared at me for almost a full minute before he picked up the phone.  With my left hand I grabbed my own. 
    "Ally! Your ok, god I've been so worried."   
    "Me too, what is going on?"
    I watched him sag, his expression slacken, after a moment he rsolved and changed his posture again. "I got involved with some bad people, they are connected to everything, when I said it was time for them to find someone else, they had me thrown in jail."
    "Matt, these same people tried to kill me, twice now.  They very nearly succeeded."
    "You need to leave town, no actually you need to leave the state."
    "I can't do that, I have nowhere to go."
    "You have to, or they WILL kill you."
    "No I think I have a better idea, but I need you to tell me where I can find these people and who I'm looking for."
    "I can't Ally they'll kill you I don't want that on my conscience.  I'f they kill you then what?"
    "If I can prove to you I can do this, will you tell me what I need to know?"
    "Prove to me how?"
    Anxiety struck me like a brick wall, on one hand I tell him, and he cooperates, the other he simply freaks out and the conversation is over.  Do or die time.  I lifted my right hand into view, displaying a fine coat of black hair and solid, granite hard claws on semi adjuncted digits, pads formed on my palm.  He stared for a long moment.  No words came from his mouth as he examined my hand.
    "I'm not human Matt."
    No response... "Look, I'm the same girl you hired, but this time I need your help again, you need to tell me what I need to know so I can end this and get you out of jail."
    "What the hell are you?"
    "Pretty sure the term is werewolf.  The difference is that I'm VERY real."
    "I'd have never guessed in a million years...but then I didn't think people like you existed."
    "Yanno, neither did I till a few nights ago, getting shot must have triggered something."
    "You were shot!"
    "Yea, latin gangbanger came to town and made it a point to off me."
    "Holy shite I didn't think they'd go that far."
    "They did now I need the information."
    "Okay, got something to write with?"
    "Yea."
    "Let's get started then..."
    After ten minutes he had given me at least two dozen names, a handful of addresses and a dozen phone numbers.  I thanked him, said my goodbyes, hanging up the phone I turned to go.  Matt banged on window, mouthed words to me...I smiled in return and practically ran out the building.
    Once in the car, I knew my next move, go back to school, it was time I took care of the problem that killed my best friend.  I'd have to start at the bottom and work my way up.  Tommorow I would go to school, albeit a day or two tardy.

Author of Blood Bounty, Wolf's Release V2, Man Eaters (incomplete), Aaliyah (in progress), Offer (short story), Hide (short story, published in Wizard), writer for an upcoming webcomic/graphic novel series featuring Aaliyah. 

One of these days I'm going to solicit my work for publishing, it's just that my work is pure and a publishing company needs to be reasonable with content editing...

#30 2008-08-14 19:30:19

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

When you suddenly reappear after three days of near total absense, people want to know where you've been, it is only natural.  The difference is that I can't tell them the truth, and I'm a terrible liar.  And one more thing, Krista is dead, she was my backup in this situation, by myself I'd be overrun.
    "Ally?" Jenny had been talking to people I didn't know personally but recognized them for what they were, drama club, cheerleaders, volleyball players and so on, the popular girls.  She had turned her attention to me, which in less than a second had ten sets of eyes locked firmly on me.
    "Hi Jenny, can I talk to you for a second?"
    "Yea of course."  She made no move to get up.
    "Alone."
    "Oh right, I'll see yall in class, laters."
    I walked away with her towards a bathroom hallway, away from prying ears. Then abruptly turned on her.  Producing the same tin I took from the thief the day before. 
    "What's this?"
    "I'm asking you Jen, if you know what it is."
    "I've seen it at parties, it's new, couple ways to do it, depends on how hard you are for it."
    "You mean addiction?"
    "Yea, this is bad shite you gotta stay away from this stuff."
    "I know it's bad, what's it called?"
    "China White, I don't really know what it is, it's bad, like makes heroine look weak, it's so addictive once is all it takes."
    "Sounds bad, you know where I can get this stuff?"
    "Guys in the weight room as far as I know, Jason sells the shite, his older brother gets it from somewhere else. Try them after school, most of them are on the football team."
    "Alright Jen, thanks, I can use that."
    "What are you gonna do?  Is that what killed Krista?"
    "How do you know about Krista?"
    "It was announced over the intercom on Friday."
    "Really?"
    "Yea, but she wasn't real popular so the rumor mill didn't get into swing, but nobody knew the drug is what killed her."
    "I wish it was just the drug, I honestly just want this all to end as cleanly as possible, but that won't happen."
    "Your not gonna stand a chance against the team, even the guys not dealing are gonna defend the rest, and there isn't a single person who's gonna help you out, your not exactly popular with the in crowd."
    "Doesn't matter, justice won't be done by anyone else."
    I walked away towards my locker, putting distance between me and the prying eyes all around me.  I had to get through the day, and already I could feel the wolf, reminding me of the protection she could give me right now.  I had to remind myself of the terror to be caused if I listened to her and let her off the leash.
    Most of the day went by as white noise, just background to the burning thoughts in my head.  School wasn't something I could focus on anymore.  My gym class was the last period of the day three times a week and optional at that.  I went, I needed to learn what I was capable of, this was a good chance to do just that.
    After changing I headed for the weight room, not normally populated at this part of the day the usual guys were there, and that was exactly what I wanted.  I stuck to my own machines opposite of where they were, using my hearing to listen to the hushed conversation. 
    "Jake, look I don't think we should be doing this anymore."
    "Yea man, look it's just too much blow to handle, it's too hot, even if we cut it, it's still too hot."
    "You guys are a bunch of whiners, are you gonna let one dead b**** get in the way of profits?"
    "Man gently caress that."
    "One dead b**** nobody knows isn't gonna make a gently caress of a difference."
    "Yea but at least we should cool it for a couple weeks."
    "I don't think so, you two are gonna keep on pushing, this weeken is a pretty big party, I'm gonna get about twenty grams each."
    "Dude, we'll never sell that much."
    "Yes, you will..." Jake who was talking went back to the benchpress with an accomplice spotting him and the other one facing the mirror doing some curls.  I casually walked over, motioned his spotter away from him and took the bar in my hands as he raised and lowered it with considerable effort..
    "You mind if I get a few reps on this?"
    "Yea right, theres two hundred forty five pounds on this bar."
    "Your right, we need some more weight."
    "Uh huh, and your supergirl?"
    "Nope, but I'll make you a deal...errr...Jake, that's your name?  Anyhow, you go ahead and put a few more plates on there and if I can lift it on my own you'll answer a question I have."
    "What's your question?"
    "Ohh nope, see that's not how it works, I do this you answer my question, I don't, you get to save the helpless girl, and maybe she will return the favor."
    "Alright, put 450 on it guys, let's see her try that.  She's gonna owe me a real big favor in a second."
    "You ready for this, sure you don't want to warm up or anything?" Jake sneered at me, and I hoped that being a werewolf would carry me through this.  When I was normal a third that weight was too much. 
    "Yea, lets do it." 
    I laid down on the bench and gripped the bar hard, wrapping my fingers around the bar.  Applying pressure I lifted it from its perch and let it come towards my body, touching it to my collar and lifting again, repeating it several times without a visible strain.
    "Holy shite, what the hell, your gently caressing insane." Jake just stood in shock as I put the bar back on its perch. 
    "At least I'm not a dead b****."
    "What?"
    "My question, you boys ready for this? You get one chance that won't be painful, all other chances result in extended hospital visits. Inpatient.  Which one of you sold drugs to Krista, whom you've gone to all the troubleof dubbing, "dead b****".  Hmm?"  I pointed a finger at the guy in the corner. "You?"
    "No, not me, I..I"
    "Shut up, no was enough."
    "How about you?"
    "No."
    "So Jake, we arrive at door number three.  Your buddies are telling me it's you."
    "Get the gently caress out of my face b****, I don't have to tell you shite." He pointed a finger at my face.
    "Yea actually you do."  I grabbed the finger and twisted, with a sick little pop the bone snapped, I then grabbed him by the neck and drove him straight to the ground, putting pressure behind his knee to buckle him.  "There, now I said it wasn't gonna be painful with your first chance, but that chance is gone now.  So I'll say this real slow." I snapped the bone in a different finger and wrenched his wrist against the ground.  "Wow Jake, another finger and your football career is over."
    "Alright alright! shite!  I sold her the shite alright?  I didn't know they gave me some strong shite this time."
    "Any name to go with they?"
    "Jose, works as a DJ at the Shack."
    "Anyone else?"
    "Don't know the other guy, never seen him in daylight."
    "Was that so hard?" I punched him in the face and got up.  "If I was you guys, I'd go tell the nurse about the weightlifting accident, get Jake here fixed up."
    "What are you gonna do now?"
    "Crash the party."  I left the room, took a shower, changed and left for work.  Which in itself was a mess, everything was trashed, everyone spent the whole evening getting the showroom straight again.  By the time I was done cleaning up the shop it was eleven.  I locked up, so tired from the past week I left for home.  On the way the low fuel light came on, forcing me to stop for gas.
    I stopped at a local station called Kwik Trip.  I yawned as I came in, observing two males browsing for munchies, I payed for my gas and went back outside to pump.  Fifteen bucks later I needed change for the cash I gave, I yawned again shaking off the sleepiness and went through the door, this time the first man was rooting through the cash register and the second pointed a gun at me. 
    Yanking my hands up I swore a silent oath.
    "Get the gently caress on the floor."
    "Uhhhmmm, no I just want my five bucks so I can go home, IF you don't mind." I took a slow step forward, watching his shoulders, the wrist, the gun, for any sign he'd pull that trigger knowing I'd have a fraction of a second to react.
    "You deaf little girl, get on the floor before I drop you." Another babystep, two more and I'd be close enough to grab the gun.
    "Yea I heard you, it's just that I have a problem with your language, and the whole getting down on this nasty floor...no not right now, or ever."
    "That's it, come 'er you mouthy little b****!"  He closed the distance between us and my hand instinctly went for the gun, suddenly an explosion, a ringing in my ears and a moment later I was staring at a inch wide hole in my palm.  Rage poured from me in a huge tidal wave.  In the blink of an eye I smashed my right fist into his jaw which threw him into the drink machine with enough force to break the front panel off.  The second guy leaped over the counter just to find a sharp frontal kick meeting him, slamming him into the counter.  I grabbed his gun arm and twisted sharply, bones snapped with a dull crack.  The first guy was just recovering. Having realized he no longer had his gun he looked right at me, double taking my hand, dribbling blood all over the ground. 
    "Stand up."
    "What are you?"
    "Not gonna say it again, stand up or your not gonna have kidneys to piss with."
    Sure enough he stood up and I sucker punched him so hard I could smell the acrid stench between his legs.  A little smirk flashed across my lips, I know it because I almost wanted to laugh. 
    "Let me see what's in your pockets."
    "What?"
    "Say what again..."  He dumped out his pockets on the floor, where there was a lighter, some smokes a few bucks, and a small baggy with some powder in it.  I picked it up off the floor and showed it to him.  "What's this?"
    "What's it look like?"
    "Looks like a reason to rob the gas station.  You needed more of this?"
    "Quick one you are, don't know where you been girlie, this shite is everywhere."
    "Yea?"  I ripped the bag open with a claw, dumping the contents on the ground, he watched my hand, hell I watched my hand, because that claw wasn't supposed to be there.
    "Get your friend over there and get the gently caress out of here, let me find you two in here again, I'll dump your bodies in the landfill myself."
    I leaned down and grabbed the pistol from under the shelf, I dropped the mag, then smashed it on the ground, next I ripped the slide clean off the gun with my fingers, letting the pieces fall to the ground.  The two would be robbers scattered across the parking lot with quite a bit more motivation than any man should have around midnight. 
    "Thanks Ally, I should call 911."
    "I'd rather you didn't Hugo."  Hugo was in his 60s, a great guy, owned the gas station I frequented at all hours, he had known me since I was fifteen just learning to drive. 
    "Should at least go get your hand looked at.  Your bleeding all over my floor."
    "Yea, Wow I'm sorry, you got any guaze?"
    "Sure do, here, tape that up real good and get yourself to the emergency room."
    "It will heal Hugo, I just don't want to bleed in my car again."
    "It looks awful nasty, you sure?"
    "I'll go to the hospital, just rather drive there."
    "Alright."  Hugo opened up a fully stocked first aid kit, did good to clean and dress the wound. The bleeding had become more of a trickle, flexing forced it past the clotting but otherwise the bandage wasn't getting soaked.  "Well it's the best I can do Ally, you get that looked at first thing."
    "Alright Hugo, can I get my change?"
    "Oh, I forgot, here, have a good night.  By the way do you really think my floor is nasty?"
    "No but that doesn't mean I'd ever lay down on it."
    "Alright Ally, thanks for being brave tonight."
    I walked back out to the car and let out a whimper, the pain was intense but not totally unbearable.  I opened the door and sat down.  Adrenaline was pumping hard through my veins, I could feel the hair, thickening of my hands, the fingernails turning into granite hard claws.  But I had controlled it.  It really was something I could control. 
    The car started without issue, which was becoming an increasing relief that I didn't have to work on it.  As hard as it's been pushed it was surprising to me it ran at all.  I changed stations back to 94.1 JJO, which was playing some hatebreed.  I think the worst thing of this whole ordeal was that the more I became involved in this, the more I was hurt. 

Across the street...

"I thought I told you to kill her."
    "Hey man we tried, I gently caressing locked her in a freezer, dumped the b**** in the harbor."
    "Didn't you shoot her?"
    "In the gently caressin heart."
    "Interesting."

Back to Ally...

#31 2008-08-15 06:45:04

BlueEyesWolf

Oh man!! What next??

*Chew claws*

#32 2008-08-29 12:31:55

Army Grey Wolf
Werewolf Writer
Website

I woke up to my alarm.  Ok that's not really true, I woke up to the third snooze alarm.  I rolled over and pulled covers over me.  No school, no work, sleep...sleep is so good.  I opened one eye to see Scott looming over me.  I blinked and he tapped a foot.  I sat up and brushed fingers through my hair.
    "Your car is parking me in, I can't get out of the garage."
    "Oh, ok, let me get dressed I'll move it." Scott tossed my pants from last night at me, I nodded and slipped them on underneath the sheets.  It was right then I realized the tin was not in the cargo pocket.  Did I leave it in the car?
    "I wasn't gonna wake you up, I figured you've been down at the shop working late the last couple days, I really don't know or care where you've been.  So anyway...I was just gonna get the keys outta your pants move your car and put them back without waking you up."
    "I said I'll move it. It's not a big deal."
    "Your right, it's not, but this is." He produced the tin that had been in my cargo pocket.  "Care to explain your reason for bringing drugs into my house?"
    "It's not mine."
    "Oh really, I'll entertain that, go on.  Who's is it really?"
    "Krista's, she died a couple days ago, I'm the one who discovered her body, I took the needle out of her arm and her stash.  I didn't want her parents seeing that.  I've been holding onto it, I'm not even sure what it is."
    "Krista is dead?"
    "Yea, died on Friday."
    "Look Ally, we don't get along I know that, but you cannot bring this here." he tossed it at me.  "Get rid of it please, burn it or something."
    "Okay."
    "And go to school."
    "Yea...I'll get there."
    "Today...tommorow, the rest of the week, preferrably on time too."
    "I'm goin...geez."
    "I moved your car already by the way."
    "I guessed."
    He left after that statement and I promptly sat up and decided I was gonna be late but at least showered with clean clothes on.

Board footer