The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-16 13:55:21

Sunshadow
Website

Werepanthers

I am a werepanther, but I have found no other like me. I begin to wonder if I'm the only one, but I must keep my hope up.

Be careful what you seek. You just might find what you are looking for.

#2 2008-04-16 18:41:32

teenlycan
Website

Re: Werepanthers

Hi, I'm not a werepanther but a werewolf. I just wanted to know what are some of the tendencies that relate you to a panther, because my friend thinks he's a werepanther but he isn't really to sure.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

#3 2008-04-16 22:43:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hmmm...I don't think I know a Panther person in real life. I know a couple of Jaguars, a couple of Lions, and  a Cougar.

#4 2008-04-17 13:48:16

Sunshadow
Website

Teenlycan, I really can't distinguish what tendencies I get from my vampire side and my werepanther side but I'll tell you what I can.

I cannot stand to be in large groups
I quickly find any weakness in a person regardless if I try or not
I get cravings for fresh raw meat
I love to fight and especially hunt
I love and crave the night (I think this is more of my vampire side)

But the main thing is when you are a werepanther (at least for me) I can always feel my beast right beneath my skin. I don't know if it's like that with werewolves, but I can always feel it.

I hope that helped a little.

#5 2008-04-27 18:34:57

metalbeast

According To Folklore , There Are Evil Men Who Take The Shape Of Panthers To Kill Enemies And Drink Their Blood , They Made An Interesting Episode Of THE X FILES About A Werepanther , In The Episode A Mummy Is Dug From Ancient Incan Ruins And Put In A Museum , The Soul Of The Mummy Comes Back As A Panther And Begins Killing People Around The Museum , I Think It Was Season 3 Episode 18

#6 2008-04-29 08:21:05

Sunshadow
Website

That is not what a werepanther does! *glares* I really hate people and shows that dipict panthers as killers. We're just trying to live. sad

#7 2008-05-04 05:47:25

teenlycan
Website

Thanks for telling me some info, and now I dont think my friends a werepanther I don't think he thinks of himself as a were either now that I think about it.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg31 … ckWolf.jpg Me as a Wolf...

Nothing draws me more to something than a full moon.

#8 2008-05-24 08:38:08

BlueEyesWolf

Probably because we howl and such but they don't.

#9 2008-05-24 12:16:26

WolfVanZandt
Website

One of the more hilarious events at a Howl - there was a bunch of Therians in a boat out in the lake and I was laying on the grassy hill on the shore and we started howling back and forth. Suddenly someone in the boat said, "Meow...."

#10 2008-05-24 21:32:02

punxnotdead

This might be a bit off topic, but when I was 4 years old until age 12, I loved panthers. They were my favourite animal until I got into wolves when I was 12, and finally werewolves several years ago, when I was 14.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#11 2008-05-25 07:15:46

BlueEyesWolf

WolfVanZandt wrote:

One of the more hilarious events at a Howl - there was a bunch of Therians in a boat out in the lake and I was laying on the grassy hill on the shore and we started howling back and forth. Suddenly someone in the boat said, "Meow...."

lol

#12 2008-06-08 03:01:51

Rahela_Pricolici
Website

I do know one other person that is a Werepanther, and oddly enough he just called me a few days ago. He really was the most gentle and supportive person I ever met. I could never get past that, cause I honestly saw that animal inside him. I could only go from my own experiences, so I didn't understand where his calm tendencies came from.

"Speak to me now and the world will crumble. Open a door and the moon will fall. All of your life, all your memories. Go to your dreams, forget it all"
Fighting, Biting, and Rock n' Roll.

#13 2008-06-22 14:25:39

Sunshadow
Website

A were, typically in my experience, does not have EVERY aspect of their animal. Your friend could have other traits but not have the agression. In addition to that just like humans, animals have differnet personalities too. However, if a panther in the wild did not have agression it would most likely die, but the same is not true for were's.

#14 2008-06-22 14:30:14

Sunshadow
Website

lobocursor wrote:

I saw others in an old age (10 years ago only). So there are werepanthers and werejaguars out there, but it seems they are more quiet and silent that noisy werewolves.

Yes, I believe there are, but I've never met another one. I think that werecats in general are more rare than werewolves. In addition to that werewolves have more access to materials to understand what they are and people to help them through things. Werecats on the other hand usually don't have the same support so right off in the beginning they learn to keep it to themself.

#15 2008-06-23 02:59:27

WolfVanZandt
Website

I would say that Werefelines are the second most common type behind Werecanines. Werefoxes are pretty close, also. Werebears seem to be next. Of the 28 most frequent SEHowlers we have 10 Werewolves, 3 Werecoyotes, 3 Werelions, 2 Werebears, 2 Werefoxes, 1 Werejaguar, 2 werecougar, 1 wereracoon, 1 Weredog, 1 Weredingo, 1 Weredragon and a genuine polywere.

#16 2008-07-09 21:37:15

Sunshadow
Website

I'm glad there's others out there. However, I have a question: can a person have more than one animal in them (be more than one were)?

#17 2008-07-09 21:39:08

Sunshadow
Website

WolfVanZandt wrote:

This sounds like something I would do wink

#18 2008-07-09 23:48:17

WolfVanZandt
Website

They're called "polyweres" or "polytherians". That's another controversy. A lot of people are suspicious that people who claim several theriotypes are being flaky and wanting attention, but there are a few solid, long-term members of the Therian community that are polyweres who no one questions.

#19 2008-07-10 19:14:14

Sunshadow
Website

I see. That's interesting. If a person is really a polywere then wouldn't they want to keep it under wraps? It's one thing to accept a person as a were, but to accept them as a polywere......

#20 2008-07-11 00:59:27

WolfVanZandt
Website

I have a friend who's one of the polyweres I mentioned. He doesn't "keep it under wraps". He just doesn't make a big deal of it.

#21 2008-07-12 13:26:41

Sunshadow
Website

How would someone cope with that?

#22 2008-07-12 14:05:16

WolfVanZandt
Website

Like I said, it's not a big deal for him. There's nothing to "cope with".

Why should he care?

#23 2008-07-13 02:11:16

milana
Website

My best friend is a she-cat. Not specifically a werepanther or any other cat, her cat form shifts continuously from one type to another. The closest thing to a were she is willing to call herself is a weretiger, because that's her most common form. Her situation is similar to what WolfVanZandt said with his friend, she doesn't have to really "cope" with continuously changing, since it's just who she is fundamentally and something she's done since she can remember.

She's never met anyone like her, either, but she says it doesn't bother her as much because as a cat she doesn't really care to share territory with her own kind, anyway (she doesn't mind me being a wolf and finds it hilarious that i instinctively look up to her as a dominant figure). Is being alone really that bad for you, or do you actually crave to be near others of your own kind? Or is it more of a just wanting meet someone like you for once kind of thing? (you don't have to answer and i'm aware that a panther's nature to own territory by themselves might not be natural to you. we don't always share everything with the animal.)

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#24 2008-07-13 14:53:17

Sunshadow
Website

I'm a wolf, panther, and vampire. I didn't know how others would react to this. That's why I was wanting to know. No, I don't want to be around others I just want to know they exist.

#25 2008-07-13 18:08:28

milana
Website

I've been digging around on here for just a day and have seen stranger combinations than that, so I don't think people will be too adverse to the idea. Besides, you are what you are and if they don't like it that's their problem. smile And I can safely say, they definitely exist. I think it just takes places like this for us to squeeze ourselves out of the woodwork, so to speak.

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

Board footer