The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-05-21 14:23:27

native-lycan
Website

the werecats in the world

there are many werecat creatures around the world, in Egypt, we have Bastet, the werecat female godess of love, also the spynx, the protector in the dessert, the shaman-jaguars of the amazon,the African phantom lions of the sahara, and many others........what they all have in common? their human aspects in animal(cat)bodies, some are protectors of their world, like the sphynx and bastet, but some are mankillers like the phantom lions of the sahara, which according to local tribes, were ancient medicine-men, that transformed into lions to hunt down the invading europeans.........

I'm A True Follower Of The Ancient Ways, Which Include Believing In Ancient Spirits, Like The Spirit Of Predators Like The Wolf Or The Jaguar, This Are My Spirit Guides..... THE DARK PREDATOR WILL PREY ON YOUR SOUL, I'M THE WEREJAGUARWOLF.......GRGRRRRR!!!

#2 2007-05-21 20:40:03

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: the werecats in the world

Nice post, thank you!

#3 2007-05-22 00:06:15

WolfVanZandt
Website

I have a friend who's a werejaguar. Actually, I know several Werecats.

#4 2007-05-22 10:29:46

Black Shuck
Website

There's also a society in West Africa that used to believe they could shape shift into leopards. From what I understand, they've abandoned that belief and seem to not really exist anymore from what I could find from a short little search. Interesting though.

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#5 2007-05-22 13:09:10

native-lycan
Website

its not that they don't believe they can shift anymore, the truth is that missionaries have replaced their ancestral believes with christianity.......

I'm A True Follower Of The Ancient Ways, Which Include Believing In Ancient Spirits, Like The Spirit Of Predators Like The Wolf Or The Jaguar, This Are My Spirit Guides..... THE DARK PREDATOR WILL PREY ON YOUR SOUL, I'M THE WEREJAGUARWOLF.......GRGRRRRR!!!

#6 2007-05-22 17:07:51

Black Shuck
Website

True. Some of what I found (wikipedia and some internet articles, so I could very well br wrong, lol) implied that they just wore leopard skins, as opposed to wearing them in order to shift (probably fell out of favor due to Christian beliefs like you said). Most recent reports I could find about them took place in the 1950's so Christianity (or maybe the police) seem to have stopped it.

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#7 2007-05-22 19:34:58

native-lycan
Website

is not that I hate christians, I'm just not happy with what they done trought history to lycans,therians and innocent native people inthe name of their religion, is sad, and sometimes it makes me angry..... mad

#8 2007-05-22 23:59:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's not Christians, Native-lycan, it's just humans being human. A lot of Werewolves just happen to be Christian.

As for, Mainstreamer shamanism, a lot of it is sleight of hand. It would be truely amazing if a missionary could convince a physical shifter that they couldn't actually shift. That in itself would be a major miracle.

#9 2007-05-23 09:07:23

native-lycan
Website

thats very true!!!!

#10 2008-06-11 14:59:00

Kiahi

i have never met another weresnowleopard. I have never found one like me. Does anyone know anyone who is a weresnowleopard?

#11 2008-07-29 04:18:45

WritingWulf

native-lycan wrote:

is not that I hate christians, I'm just not happy with what they done trought history to lycans,therians and innocent native people inthe name of their religion, is sad, and sometimes it makes me angry..... mad

Ay, I too share that problem. Alote of my friends are Christian and many attempts to "save my soul" have been made in the last couple of months. I don't yell at them but I am agitated, but they think they are doing good so I try not to start a fire. I simply say, "No thank you" But of course back long time ago...it was their way...or...DEATH SPIKE! lol jk. But you get my meaning.

And I really really dislike generalism VanZandt. I don't believe in "humans just being humans" especially when peoples old beliefs and lives are wiped away. (not an attack on Christianity) Nature should not be the reason or excuse for actions, especially since we were gifted with a slight more reason. There is always a choice, whoever brings down the blade, chose to. It wasn't their "nature", it was their choice to give in. hmm many different types of people have done that though. It is the stereotype for humans unfortunately.

#12 2008-07-30 00:36:11

WolfVanZandt
Website

Humans are political creatures. When they're territorial, it's not just over land but also over power and concepts, so, yes, it is Human nature to try to force others to accept their way of life. Religion has never been the reason but has often been the excuse.

In discussion you have to generalize, otherwise you have to always talk about every individual instance separately. The only time there's a problem is when the parties in the discussion don't understand that generalizations are taking place.

"But of course back long time ago...it was their way...or...DEATH SPIKE!"

That was a generalization. and most certainly, this is:

'There is always a choice, whoever brings down the blade, chose to."

Without understanding the political reasons for the Inquisition and the Crusades and all the other "religious" chaos, you can never understand history and if you keep blaming it on religion, you'll never have an accurate understanding of history. without an accurate understanding of why things happen, you're unprepared for trying to keep it from happening again.

#13 2008-07-30 04:15:47

WritingWulf

How does always having a choice qualify for being a generalization? Yes, there were political reasons. People saw what they wanted to happen, so they rewrote or wrote some new stuff, made it law and invoked fear behind it, not with jail, but with the thought of Hell and being damned. And, "But of course back long time ago...it was their way...or...DEATH SPIKE!" I even put in there that I was kidding. But it was true. Not only for Christians but it was the path that many people back then and unfortunately today seem to want to follow. Something I can relate it to is the, "Im right, your wrong and I'll do whatever there is in this world to prove you wrong and me right." attitude. Focusing on the thought that someone has to be wrong and there being a "wrong way" to doing things. Now I don't mean this as really a generation, much more as that is the route of action that was followed as proven over time.

And If anyone was trying to "prepare" with the rate society has been, were never going to get anywhere. We have gotten to the point where we actually enforce the law for no killings, but other then that not much. Sure we have the freedom for belief systems but do I still hear radio stations preaching of the evils of my religion and any other religion that links with it and how Ill burn eternally in hell? Yes, yes I does. Observing something and acting are two different things, that if done alone, are equally as dangerous. It seems that I see alote of Observing or plain Action. Either planning behind a desk or out looking for a way to fix things without knowing how to. But both are the way to go upon them. Let us think, how do we not have the problem of one religion/group/party/person pressing his needs, likes, wants, feelings onto another religion/group/party/or person? Simple, we treat it as a harsh harassment toward the defendant and then keep up watch and adapt to it as we go. But is it done? Not to the level it should be.

Last edited by WritingWulf (2008-07-30 04:16:57)

#14 2008-07-31 00:52:04

milana
Website

My favorite cat myth: Sekhmet, the lion goddess of Egypt.

And thank you for pointing out that Bastet was a protection goddess. Most people associate her with dance and partying, which she is associated with, but she's also the protectress of the land and help the dead enter the Underworld. I've never heard of her as the goddess of love, though. I'll have to ask a friend about that (Bastet's her patron goddess).

There's nothing that can't be cured by chocolate. Unless you're craving calamari.

My Triond.

#15 2008-07-31 01:00:00

WritingWulf

milana wrote:

My favorite cat myth: Sekhmet, the lion goddess of Egypt.

And thank you for pointing out that Bastet was a protection goddess. Most people associate her with dance and partying, which she is associated with, but she's also the protectress of the land and help the dead enter the Underworld. I've never heard of her as the goddess of love, though. I'll have to ask a friend about that (Bastet's her patron goddess).

Yays! Thanks for posting this, more information for meeeeeeeeeeee! big_smile

#16 2008-11-19 16:27:53

Mizuki

Kaihi i'm a weresnowleopard i'v wanted to meet another this is so Cool

#17 2008-11-19 18:41:03

FenrirVik
Space Cowboy

Sorry Mizuki, but that person doesn't come on here much.

Synchronicity

#18 2008-12-20 08:11:00

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

One of my housemates is clearly a bit of a werecat and doesn't know it, bless her. Everything about her is so oddly cat-like - both her features, her personality - (proud, independent, resourceful, strong-minded), her habits... she would never believe me if I tried to tell her but I don't think she's minds not knowing. It's amusing having a werewolf and a werecat under the same roof big_smile

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#19 2009-03-06 13:46:59

Lalita C.J.

Oh, now it's my turn, i decided^^

It's a bit strange- i really feel like a cat, i like to purr and to hiss. I also like to hunt someting, for example leafs on the ground. And when i see a bird, i want to sneak up to that. And i'm veeery good in hunting, sometimes i am really noiseless while going. But the most stange thing is, that my legs often hurts and suddenly i want to go with 4 feet, like a cat.

I is very interesting, what kind of werecats there are, and i am very nervous, because i really don't know, what sort of Werecat i could be. I love clouded-leopards, but i like also jaguars. And Leopards. Is it possibly, that a werecat can be a mix of these animals?

[I hope it's okay, posting in here^^]

--->"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."

#20 2009-03-07 02:49:12

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, it's possible.

#21 2009-03-07 13:06:13

Lalita C.J.

Oh, tank you very much for the answers!

Hmmm... a clado... Yeah, I think that could be the solution... It would explain so many things! It really can be right, thank you very much^^

Now I want to find some conspecifics^^ Oh, I know, I'm odd^^

--->"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."

#22 2009-06-03 13:45:19

Fenrik Malifex The White
The Broken One

one of my friends is a werecat...me and her go hunting alot at night

I'm like a broken blade, used to many times to be repaired, too many pieces of my shattered being to be mended, cast aside by those close to me. Broken, abandoned, Betrayed, disgraced...
But soon all who wrong me will discover that even a broken blade can kill...

#23 2009-06-16 10:54:18

Lalita C.J.

hmmmm... hunting must be nice sad

But it's very difficult to find a werecat, when i really don't know how and where. Mainly ecause I live in Germany- Mecklenburg Vorpommern. I really don't know any Wereanimals here^^

What kind of Cat is this friend of you, if I'm allowed to ask?=^.^=

#24 2009-06-18 14:10:30

Eon Furioso
Kanjō no pansā-ō

aw that stinks.... i know i am cat-like cause everyone notices even my parents XD but i'm still trying to find out whether i am a cat therian or a werecat...i wish i knew what i am...i love black cats, snow leopards, clouded leopards... ok i LOVE all cats XD

I am both two and one... to love one, you must also love the other... She and i are different but the same, two bodies in one...
Even in the darkest night lies hope. you just have to find it...
Watashi wa kurayami no naka de hisonde iru kotodesu

#25 2009-06-18 15:11:07

Lalita C.J.

Maybe you were a cat in your first life?=^.^=
I can understand you: I even whant to know, what exactly I am^^ Maybe we will see at the night of the the blue moon? I want to have Claws and teeth, I want to hiss to dogs, while being a cat, that must be nice *purrs*

I love all cat's too, it's nice to meet another Cat- Lover *grins*

Board footer