The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-04 03:58:03

moodrun

My videogame idea

My videogame that would include werewolfs would consist of five factions
1. A faction that sees their transformations as a curse and seek to eliminate the other 4, then themselves whilst trying to find a cure and very corrupt.
2. A faction that would be brutes and would stay in their wolf forms at all times ravage the countryside.
3. A faction that tries to be civil and only morph when absolutely neccesary trying to be as human as possible. Very disciplined fighters.
4. A faction that shies away from the general werewolf populace and uses their abilities to steal and assasinate as they see fit, mercenaries and selfish.
5. Rogue werewolfs that have completely lost touch with their humanity, just like animals and cannot speak, they attack on sight.
You'd start as a human that would start to choose your actions, eventually heading to the woods where you would be attacked by a rogue werewolf and then you'd pass it off as an animal attack and then you'd awake the next morning (being it a fullmoon that night) and your village would be slaughtered and in ruins and a represenative from each faction would contact you, there making your choice. From there you would choose your destiny and seek out to defend, destroy, or govern all werewolfs. Or just live off your days as human as possible.

Everyone drowns in the sea of gore, there is no people, not no more.

#2 2008-11-04 08:16:38

WolfMontana

Re: My videogame idea

But what about the 'Children of Gaia' guys dude? The happy go lucky werewolves who just want everyone to get along? wink big_smile

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#3 2008-11-04 14:17:18

Fang87

WolfMontana wrote:

But what about the 'Children of Gaia' guys dude? The happy go lucky werewolves who just want everyone to get along? wink big_smile

There's your sixth faction. Lol. Anyways it sounds like an awesome rpg. The factions are nicely diverse. I wouldn't mind seeing it become a video game as well. I guess if you wanted to make it more complex, the characters could have a preceding class - as to when they were human.

"It's like a party in my mouth except everyone's throwing-up." Fry - Futurama

#4 2008-11-04 18:05:08

Aki

1. A faction that sees their transformations as a curse and seek to eliminate the other 4, then themselves whilst trying to find a cure and very corrupt.

Would be better if they weren't corrupt. It doesn't make much sense that a bunch of paladin-style guys would be corrupt if they see what they are as evil and use that curse to kill the other things they see as evil. I mean anyone can be corrupt, sure, but why would these guys be corrupt to such a degree?

2. A faction that would be brutes and would stay in their wolf forms at all times ravage the countryside.

Doesn't seem like a faction to me. Sounds like mindless savages. More like what happens if you go mad or some sort of strange philosophy that is better to be a monster than a man.

3. A faction that tries to be civil and only morph when absolutely neccesary trying to be as human as possible. Very disciplined fighters.

Why only when neccesary, why trying to be so human? Do they not like their werewolf nature? What makes these guys so different from the first guys (aside from not actively hunting them down)?

4. A faction that shies away from the general werewolf populace and uses their abilities to steal and assasinate as they see fit, mercenaries and selfish.

I'm liking this one. It makes sense and is markedly different from the other guys.

Flesh them out though. Why are they like this? Do they worship some god of murder and theft? Is it purely physical greed? Think about how they can be more interesting and unique.

5. Rogue werewolfs that have completely lost touch with their humanity, just like animals and cannot speak, they attack on sight.

I'm confused. How are these guys different from faction 2, aside from being even worse monsters?

You'd start as a human that would start to choose your actions, eventually heading to the woods where you would be attacked by a rogue werewolf and then you'd pass it off as an animal attack and then you'd awake the next morning (being it a fullmoon that night) and your village would be slaughtered and in ruins and a represenative from each faction would contact you, there making your choice. From there you would choose your destiny and seek out to defend, destroy, or govern all werewolfs. Or just live off your days as human as possible.

How to improve this:

1. Start with the attack, this is far more exciting. It's a good hook, so to speak.
2. Have the drawing into werewolf society be more gradual, being introduced to each faction as you go along, one at a time rather than the somewhat implausible scenario that all five take an interest in you (including the ones that can't speak!?) from the get go and at the same time, forcing the player to chose some faction he hasn't interacted with enough yet.
3. Needs an actual plot. What's the big, overarcing conflict? We're a werewolf no, whoop-de-doo. What next? What do we do?

Overall:

Concept has potential, some factions seem redudant or flawed. Could use some werewolves who aren't either engrossed in self-loathing or evil in some manner.

WolfMontana wrote:

The CoG aren't really happy-go-lucky.

They want you to get along, yes, but in the sense of get along or else...

Else, being, of course, execution by werewolf pack. tongue

#5 2008-11-04 20:10:09

Fang87

I'm confused. How are these guys different from faction 2, aside from being even worse monsters?

I think what he/she meant of faction 2 is: a bunch of guys who like to use their werewolf forms for terror in an overall sadistic ploy. Essentially they are the more rampant villains. Faction 5 simply lost in touch with their human selves - they could range from being territorial predators to raiding chicken farms.  tongue

Btw, you forgot the official/unofficial sixth faction - happy go lucky werewolves.

Come to think of it which faction would you be in? I'd be either or both faction 3 and 6. big_smile

Last edited by Fang87 (2008-11-04 20:13:53)

"It's like a party in my mouth except everyone's throwing-up." Fry - Futurama

#6 2008-11-05 00:38:07

moodrun

Its all just a draft really, i have no video game programming or anything but it would be nice to have a game where you could play as a werewolf, kind of like morrowind and also partly fable, as being your actions mark your appearance. I think its a decent idea just for a basic outline.

#7 2008-11-05 01:23:30

Aki

Fang87 wrote:

I think what he/she meant of faction 2 is: a bunch of guys who like to use their werewolf forms for terror in an overall sadistic ploy. Essentially they are the more rampant villains. Faction 5 simply lost in touch with their human selves - they could range from being territorial predators to raiding chicken farms.  tongue

Btw, you forgot the official/unofficial sixth faction - happy go lucky werewolves.

Come to think of it which faction would you be in? I'd be either or both faction 3 and 6. big_smile

None, they don't fit my views.

I'd enjoy my lycanthropy my way. Anyone tried to screw with me they'd face either fangs or shotgun barrels or both. At the same time.

Anyways, I get that about 2. But the difference is negligible, really. It's like if I made one faction "Those warrior dudes!" and faction 2 "Them even crazier warrior dudes!"

moodrun wrote:

Its all just a draft really, i have no video game programming or anything but it would be nice to have a game where you could play as a werewolf, kind of like morrowind and also partly fable, as being your actions mark your appearance. I think its a decent idea just for a basic outline.

Which is why I provided criticism. For what else does a draft exist, eh?

Also I think the "actions = appearance" thing is silly. Evil is at it's best when it is insidious and invisible. The dude with the horns just ain't as frightening a prospect as the Saintly man who turns out to be a madman and murderer or such.

#8 2008-11-05 06:10:46

moodrun

hence the corruptness of the first faction =]

#9 2008-11-05 06:16:19

WolfMontana

I'm definitely going for the mythical sixth faction here big_smile But I'm just a smiley with legs anyway...  (oh, and yes, in the game Children of Gaia can be nasty when they need to be, but overall, they're the werewolf hippies)

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

Board footer