The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-08 12:53:26

lupen the wolf

Um... I need some help

Ok, I'm kinda at a loss here. Usualy i'd ask my shaman buddy, but he's out of contact at the moment.

Ever sence I found this site I've been feeling... Different. It feels like a flood of energy rushing through me.
I'm shaking, jumpy and I can't sit still. This kind of thing used to happen every few years (along with a good burst of anger), but now it's coming every few weeks. I've tried to expell the energy, but I can't git rid of it for long; it usualy returns before the end of the hour.

I am a wolf therian(is that how it's spelled) In case that has some thing to do with it.

So any help you can give would be nice.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#2 2008-11-08 16:39:32

rexwolf

Re: Um... I need some help

Oh, didn't anyone tell you, this site uses a new version of markup language called WWML - were wolf markup language.

Or it could be all of the irrational conversations and talk of werewolves as being real that is making you think you are, and making you want to join in on the insanity.

Lookup "groupthink" or "social adaptive behavior."

Because Wolves deserve better

#3 2008-11-08 23:29:46

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

I hate social adaptive behaviour, es[ecially in school! sad Makes me a hippocrit.

<3

#4 2008-11-09 19:56:00

lupen the wolf

Wha... What does that suposed to mean?

Last edited by lupen the wolf (2008-11-09 19:59:10)

ego sum quis ego sum....

#5 2008-11-09 21:54:00

WolfVanZandt
Website

This has been going on....how long? And since your shaman buddy is out of reach "at the moment", you turn to a bunch of people you don't know from Adam's housecat to tell you how to solve your problems (and are they problems - do they actually interfere with your life?)

I suspect that what Rex is reacting to is exactly what I feel when I read a post like this. We both know a lot of Therians off-line and we never, ever run into this "my appetite has changed, my eyes change colors, I get mad sometimes, I'm hot and cold." What does it all mean. Stuff. It doesn't sound Therian to us.

I, frankly, wish people well and hope they find solutions to their problems, but that they come to a place like the Internet to find those solutions instead for finding real people to help them just disturbs me.

These are not problems that Therians have in Real Life (off-line). Sure we have cycles - everybody does, but that shouldn't be such a problem. There are plenty of Therians with anxiety and affect disorders and such but they deal with them much like everyone else does - those aren't problems that are specific to Therians.

I hope you solve your problems but, honestly, I don't think you're ever going to find a solution here - just folks with Dr. Phil complexes.

#6 2008-11-10 00:03:18

Berserker

I agree with Rexwolf and WolfVanZandt on this one.

Even though I haven't been here very long, I've noticed that a certain kind of poster--for whatever reason--has an almost magnetic attraction to this forum.

An often young person with a story about personal changes that blurs the line between neurotic exaggeration and fiction. Who assumes that because this forum is generally friendly to "therians," attempts to parrot what they presume to be therian lingo (regardless of whether or not they actually know anything genuine about therian spirituality,) in the hopes that some helpful person will tell them exactly what they want to hear--that they're a real life werewolf, or have a wolf's soul, or some other dubious thing; and then use that revelation--however hokey it may be--as fuel for their make-believe. All the while secretly hoping to attract the attention of others like themselves to acquire a bit of online social support.

I mean Lupen, presumably you didn't even know how to spell therian, and asked to be sure.

Please forgive my cynicism.

Our Marcuse, only better.

#7 2008-11-10 00:37:05

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Sorry, can't resist.

My metablosim jsut changed aswell, was full a second ago, now I'm hungry.

HOW do you know if your metabolism changes? You don't! Not unless you got a fancy-schmancy machine.

<3

#8 2008-11-10 05:14:55

WolfMontana

WolfVanZandt wrote:

you turn to a bunch of people you don't know from Adam's housecat

o.O Adam had a housecat?!? Waaaait a minute! Pretty sure that's not in my version! tongue

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#9 2008-11-10 06:59:30

lupen the wolf

*long sigh*

No I really didn't know how to spell therian, but I don't know how to spell alot of things and I only learned of the word after finding this site. I can't blame you for your cynicism because I explaned my situation poorly; I only asked here in the first place to see if it might be a werewolf thing. (I now have my answer, thank you) I finally reached my shaman buddy and he explaned it to as being a spiritual shaman kinda thing, not werewolf thing.

Sence VanZandt was nice enough to say I pretty much can't trust anyone here, and I see nothing but trouble ahead for myself I'll ask: Should I leave this site? It wouldn't be the first time and probably wouldn't be the last time I said somthing stupid and got myself booted from somewhere I liked.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#10 2008-11-10 08:46:38

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

You COULD leave, then you'd miss out on the fun... so if you like having fun, stay. smile

Last edited by LycanJayBoy (2008-11-10 08:47:40)

<3

#11 2008-11-10 16:43:46

isafos

Yes.

What, I can't be devil's advocate? He asked! lol

Eh, stay if you want, go if you want. But the 'trust no one!' thing is an exaggeration. You don't need to be paranoid, you just need common sense and a half decent BS meter. Just don't gripe about having been booted if you do leave. If you leave, that's your choice, it has nothing to do with the mods here.

But you know, this place reminds me of a song...

"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
relax, said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!"

Fairly warned be ye'.

#12 2008-11-10 21:29:18

WolfMontana

lupen the wolf wrote:

Should I leave this site? It wouldn't be the first time and probably wouldn't be the last time I said somthing stupid and got myself booted from somewhere I liked.

o.O Why should you leave this site? You asked a question alot of folks ask when they get here. This is pretty standard stuff, someone usually answers 'we can't tell you that', the askee says 'oh' and then eventually starts joining in on other topics. (and like LycanJayBoy said, usually has fun big_smile)

You're certainly not going to get booted asking a question.

#13 2008-11-11 00:48:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, that's the way it usually goes.

If you want to really know about Therianthropy, get to know some (other?) Therians in real life. I can't say that you're not a Therian - Therians get goofy sometimes. Some do anyway - I don't cause I'm just way too awesome, y'know....

(heh)

And if you want to stay sane - don't take yourself too seriously.

#14 2008-11-11 06:32:40

lupen the wolf

Right, well I overreacted. Sorry about that. I just wasn't expecting such sharp responses to what I thought was a simple question.

Hey, what's so wrong with Insanity huh? smile

ego sum quis ego sum....

#15 2008-11-11 11:59:55

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

I dunno, but my metablosim changed again, haha, I'm just kidding. You seem like a cool kinda.. guy/gal? tongue

<3

#16 2008-11-12 01:28:59

WolfVanZandt
Website

It's dysfunctional and everybody else ends up paying for it.

#17 2008-11-12 06:34:58

lupen the wolf

I'm a guy, and thanks. You seem cool too.

Dysfunctional?

Last edited by lupen the wolf (2008-11-12 06:35:14)

ego sum quis ego sum....

#18 2008-11-13 00:11:14

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye, insanity, by definition, is dysfunctional. It interferes with effective daily living. everybody else pays for it because insane people can't survive independently. Other people have to pay for their living - they can't work so they have to live on welfare. They can't drive, so they have to have others transport them. They can't function so others have to function for them. Their families are shattered. Their neighbors are frightened. Etc., Etc.

Like any sick person, it is the responsibility of the insane person to get well.

#19 2008-11-13 00:17:11

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

You sayin' I'm insane, bro? Now don't be tellin' me it was a response to what he said.

<3

#20 2008-11-13 01:32:49

WolfVanZandt
Website

LycanJayBoy, it would help if you actually read what's posted. I'd help you out but I can't imagine where you'd get that I'm saying that you're insane.

#21 2008-11-13 06:24:25

WolfMontana

To clear it up folks, Lupen the Wolf said, in jest: "Hey, what's so wrong with Insanity huh? smile"

Wolf's reply was: "It's dysfunctional and everybody else ends up paying for it."

#22 2008-11-13 06:31:36

lupen the wolf

You forgot to mention that some people that have a mental disability CAN function in society, but people are afraid of them so their lives are restricted.

Insanity can also be a compleatly different way of thinking that doesn't match with the rest of the world. (I like to think different)tongue

ego sum quis ego sum....

#23 2008-11-13 08:41:59

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Which is why I said, 'And don't be tellin' me it was--' oh nevermind.

<3

#24 2008-11-14 19:03:19

isafos

HE WAS BEING HUMOROUS, DUMBASS. lol

#25 2009-02-22 23:30:21

darkangel10x

This site has no significance to the werewolf or lycan population. It shouldn't, and truly does not affect how you should feel. True lycans/werewolves do not need this stupid forums. Everyone on these type of sites are a disgrace and should not deserve to call themselves lycans or werewolves. If ANY of you were true to your roots, or are even TRULY a lycan or werewolf, you would not post these answers to questions giving away the secrets of our kind and exposing us all. Anyone could come onto this site and see what you have released as a secret to the mass online public. Thanks to people like you, I and my lycan brethren are exposed, and yes, even hunted. You all will recieve your just desserts.

Keeping lycan and werewolf truths and secrets is all I'm intended for on a site like this... If you aren't the real deal, or are one of the low lives that are the real deal and can't hold your tongue, you might as well write out you last will now...

Board footer