The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-19 20:55:35

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Bitten By Kelley Armstrong

Has anyone ever read this book? (Bitten by Kelley Armstrong) My mate saw it one day while we were perusing through a thrift store and bought it for me, knowing it was on a subject I was more than interested in. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I think it's a pretty good book.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#2 2008-09-20 06:12:41

Daninsky
Website

Re: Bitten By Kelley Armstrong

Quite awhile that I read it, actually picked it up when that rumour got around that they would do a movie, with Angelina as Elena.
After reading the book I wasn't so sure how that rumour could have come to pass, that would have been a grand miscasting. smile

Loved the Elena books so far, I find Kelley's other stuff a little less gripping though, not sure why.
A well, a new Elena book is on the horizon!

But I happened to think while reading the book, that Mark Harmon would make a purrfect Jeremy. :p

Last edited by Daninsky (2008-09-21 08:25:54)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#3 2008-09-20 11:02:14

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Another book with her on the way?

And yeah. That would have been -terrible- casting. I can't imagine Angelina as Elena.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown

#4 2008-09-21 08:25:24

Daninsky
Website

Yeah, book 10 in the Otherworld series, currently titled Frostbitten, will be narrated by Elena again.

#5 2008-09-21 11:37:26

Illeana_NightRain
Website

hmm...I need to look in to her other books. I think they might be something I would enjoy. *is always on the look out for new books*

#6 2008-09-22 22:22:44

Illeana_NightRain
Website

I think starting a book club would be awesome actually. And I completely understand that. What cash I have left from working this summer is being saved for when I graduate to at least somewhat get me somewhere in the way of living arrangements. Or will be used on college things. I got fortunate enough with this book that my mate found it at a thrift store and bought it for me because he thought it would be something I would enjoy and he knows that I absolutely LOVE rescuing books from places like second hand shops even if I'll never read them. I managed to get a collection of books from before 1900 at a thrift store once. 6 for $12, hard copy and original print. I honestly don't think the store knew what they were selling.

#7 2008-10-01 04:55:47

leighcanthrope

I read it too. Bought it just because it was about werewolves and honestly didn't have high expectancies. But I ended up liking it quite a lot and I will be looking for the other books narrated by Helena.
I actually think the Howling-series are pretty good (far better than the films, although I like them too. What can I say: I'm a sucker for bad cinema) and I also liked The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon and The Wild by Whitley Strieber (who also wrote Wolfen).

Homo homini lupus est...

#8 2008-10-02 07:25:15

Daninsky
Website

Just got my hands on Howling (the book, finally) and I really like it, seems that Howling IV was closer to the book than the first movie.

I didn't like Wolf's Hour by McCammon (never got beyond the first chapter actually, the premise sounded a lot more interesting than the book turned out to be, I guess you just have to be more into Spy-Thrillers to enjoy that book), The Wild (and Wolfen) was marvelous too bad the man's a nutscase now.

#9 2008-11-17 17:40:51

Leanna

I've read most of the books of the series, and liked most of them.  Each book focuses on a different type of mystical creature, werewolf, witch, vampire, etc.  But I like the ones with Elena, the werewolf, the best.  The second book, Stolen, is a continuation of her story, and pretty good too.  Kelley's supposed to be coming out with a new book about the men in her series, Men of the Otherworld...can't wait for that one ! hehehe.

Leanna in SA
Alpha isn't just a title.

#10 2008-12-22 18:37:49

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I read this in a funny order (I read Stolen first) but Bitten is awesome! I really love all the ideas and characters that she develops, its fantastic.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

Board footer