The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-02 23:55:01

WickedBelle
Website

Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs

Now this is an awesome series. It's connected to her Mecedes Thompson series and can I just say......YUM!

Instead of social skills, the creator saw fit to arm me with an attitude and fangs.

#2 2009-01-03 01:03:52

punxnotdead

Re: Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs

Hmmm, I've never heard of it. However, maybe I'll check it out. Do you have a synopsis of it?

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#3 2009-01-04 13:31:02

WickedBelle
Website

In the Alpha and Omega series, Briggs uses characters from another series, so I'll include a synopsis from both books so you can get an idea of whats what!
Moon Called (Mercy Thompson)

...Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm  not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me too....

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbor is a werewolf. She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire. But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself...and her connections to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble....

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega Novel #1)

...Anna never knew werewolves existed, until the night she survived a violent attack...and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she'd learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. Then Charles Cornick, the enforcer - and son - of the leader of the North American werewolves, came into her life...

...Charles insists that not only is Anna his mate, but she is also a rare and valued Omega wolf, and it is Anna's inner strength and calming presence that will prove invaluable as she and Charles go on the hunt in search of a rougue werewolf - a creature bound in magic so dark that it could threaten all of the pack...

I've always been a big fan of vampires and not paid attention to the werewolves...but now, I'm totally caught up with these two series! I'm also on the hunt for more werewolf books and series. I'm an avid reader and always reading something, so any and all suggestions are very welcomed!

Instead of social skills, the creator saw fit to arm me with an attitude and fangs.

#4 2009-01-05 00:46:11

ArcLight
Website

WickedBelle wrote:

I've always been a big fan of vampires and not paid attention to the werewolves...but now, I'm totally caught up with these two series! I'm also on the hunt for more werewolf books and series. I'm an avid reader and always reading something, so any and all suggestions are very welcomed!

Really enjoyed the first two Mercy books....not quite so much the third one. The story in "On The Prowl" didn't do much for me so I haven't picked up "Cry Wolf" yet but probably will.

There's also Mercy comics coming out.

Carrie Vaughn's "Kitty" series rocks. (Yes, it's about a werewolf named Kitty) There's...four, I think out now and two more due within the next few months.

Last edited by ArcLight (2009-01-05 00:49:19)

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#5 2009-01-05 18:53:20

WickedBelle
Website

I read a small scene of the Kitty story found on Briggs' webpage and I'm reluctant to say that it didn't suck me in as I would have hoped. Maybe I just need to get my hands on the first book in the series and  try that. You know how it is when you find that perfect series that just makes your little heart pound in excitement? That makes any sense or am I just a weirdo? Lol...prolly the later!

Board footer