The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-04 01:06:16

lycanofthenorth

Beast & the Curse

Though my poetry isn't the kind that one would normaly come across I hope you all will like it.

â€śThe Beast & The Curse”  (A night of Madness)

The beast beckons, taunting me, tempting me to open the door to the cage that keeps him from the world above. With burst of furry he tears at the folds of my mind with razor sharp claws and sharp white teeth. These attacks I have battled since childhood, though now the beast develops a new weapon. He reaches deep into my soul for the ambers of rage that lay there, caught forever in a perpetually smoldering state.
    Finally reaching them, he takes hold adding to the ambers, the furry of the fires of hell itself.
    Suddenly the rage flashes red hot in my chest, slamming me into the bathroom wall behind me. The rush of pain and power hitting me like a tidal wave, tearing my defenses like a trailer in a hurricane. The rage spreads like liquid fire in my veins. The pain is unbearable, yet somehow exquisite.   
    As the rage spreads, seeming to melt away my body from the inside, the pain fuels my rage, making the flame hotter. Pain turns to agony, agony turns to rage, rage fuels the flames consuming my soul making me stronger.
    I reach for the sink, pulling myself up drawing on the new found power. As the white hot flame burns in my chest I gaze in the mirror. My eyes have turned golden yellow and are filled with untainted rage.
    I close my eyes, every nerve ending in my body screaming in pure unrelenting agony. I use every ounce of my will to force the beast to remain caged.
    Then the unthinkable, the bones in my hands, feet, and my ribs begin to break and reposition. I dropped to the floor as this attack shows me a new kind of suffering.
    The rage continues to build, beyond what should have been the limits of  human emotion. Then as I feel the bones in my face break, so too does my will, and the beast is loose! His thoughts and desires threaten to overrun my own, he wants meat and blood, flesh, and bone.
    I know that he wants to use my curse to accomplish his own ends. If I don’t end this now all those around me will be torn apart.
    I stand on new legs, surging with rage fueled raw power. Glancing into the mirror I see the full affect of the change my curse holds. For the first time since my childhood I stand face to face with myself. No more mask, no more lies or half truths, only me and the curse that I was born with.
    My rage flashes again at the sight that I see before me. I force my will to fight, using every fiber of my being. I force the beast back, pushing him with my rage towards his prison deep within my mind. Even as he fights me, tearing at me with claws and fang he understands it is futile, that by throwing me into a rage in an attempt to escape, he has forced me to rediscover something within that can not be truly stopped.
    I push him back to his cell and as the door slams shut on him I howl out my rage to the night.

Then the rage dies down, the power seems to flow out of me. My eyes roll back with the leaving and darkness embraces me like a lost child to it’s mothers breast.
    Though the war of my soul continues still, this battle is over. I know that when I awaken my body will be back to normal, at least it was the last time. Perhaps I need to stop denying what I really am and accept that this curse is mine to bear alone.
    That battle however, will have to wait until tomorrow. Right now I must rest and sleep….

#2 2009-02-04 01:42:52

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Re: Beast & the Curse

Good description, has a great emotional pattern to it, and metaphors are properly used. nice nice NICE!

<3

Board footer