The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-15 17:43:23

CatWolf4891

Howl (hopefully...a decent miniseries)

Hey guys...I'm back from the grave ( x.X )
So I have a new werewolf story in the mix...another, yes.  I gotta stop having too many ideas.  At the moment I still need to refine the first chapter.  There are most likely obvious errors somewhere in the paragraphs...and probably some scenes I could change (I don't know why but somehow I end up making things to adult sometimes...a sign???)
Anyways...LOL...If anyone would LIKE to view the first chapter while the unedited version is still posted, you are welcomed to come here:
http://werekat-meow.deviantart.com/art/ … 1-67279551
Story:  Howl
Chapter 1: The Mark

If you guys find it interest please send some feedback my way (here or at DA...or both big_smile)  I want to make sure it's not too offensive, or weird, or...anything else I can't think of right now.  Enjoy...hopefully.  If this ends up to be a hit, I'll keep ya informed on the next chapters.

Take Care >^.^<

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
A Howl to humans scare them; A Howl to me is a harmonious song...
And I Howl back.
I am SUCH the Romantic big_smile   Awwoooooooooo!

#2 2007-10-16 04:53:31

Snap Crack 'n' Chomp

Re: Howl (hopefully...a decent miniseries)

The one thing I will say, regardless of whether I like the subject matter of the story, is that you should never be ashamed about posting your work. Don't worry about being weird or offensive, just express yourself in the way you want. You may never get any praise, you may be swamped by it... but as long as you are being true to your own passion then that's whats important here. If people connect with what you write then it's a fantastic bonus.

It does seem like this story is autobiographical... not to suggest that you were scratched by a wolf as a child on a camping trip, nothing that specific, but I seem to get this impression that there is a lot of you in Alan. I could be wrong!!! It's just there is a very personal level in which you describe his feelings. I like it.

Anyway, keep writing!

#3 2007-10-16 15:11:07

CatWolf4891

Thanks....as to the name...sometimes I do end of kinda imagining what if it was me in this situation, but also I kinda can't think of any good main character names at times.  'Alan' gets used a lot in my short stories LOL.  I may change the name of the male...but I like Patricia for this one.  Again thanks for the comment >^_^<

The Full Moon to humans is just a rock; The Full Moon to me is a symbol of freedom and release
And I Howl back.

#4 2007-10-21 05:22:23

Grayle
Literary Lycanthrope
Website

Very interesting depiction, Catwolf!
  Most stories usually entail the character waking up in human form, in a strange place, usually naked. However, you had the character wake up in his werewolf form instead, and in the familiar surroundings of his back yard. It's a unique take on 'the morning after.' Very nice work!
I did catch several conflicts in past and present tenses, but this being a WIP, you'll probably clean those up later on.
  Very nice!

To thy known wolf be true...

"Yay! We're Doomed!"  -- Gir

#5 2007-10-23 17:19:09

punxnotdead

Great story catwolf...

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#6 2008-06-17 14:23:33

CatWolf4891

Hey all, me again.  Decided to get some "work" done on old stories and drawings.  Not a lot of werewolf or wolf drawings though, but I wanted to try and actually continue any story series I started.  So I went back did the edits I needed to do for this series.  I also made some changes that should make things less raunchy like I wanted.  Plus the name of the male character has been changed.  Next up, edits to chapter two and starting chapter three.  May have another story in the works too.  I'll try to keep you informed.
For anyone's viewing pleasure I've decided to repost chapter one with the made edits.  Hopefully its more complete.  Comments and critiques welcomed.

Howl
Chapter 1: The Mark

Face blushing; Devlin couldn’t fight a smile from forming.  One hand clicked the computer off for the night while the other was mindless playing elsewhere, unable to hold back his baser needs from tonight’s “intimate” conversation.  The fantasy him and his online lover, Patricia (A.K.A. LunaBlossom) played always made him feel this way, especially if Patricia was in one of her moods.  She was wild when they played their little role play, and the fact they were so passionate about their characters made them both crave to be together and living the experience for real.
    How strange that so much love could be offered fantasying of being werewolves.

Devlin thought of himself as strange, more or less from his fascination with wolves and werewolves.  They were just something that was admirable to him; a race of wild, graceful and beautiful creatures, living out their solitary lifestyle in undisturbed woods and valleys.  It had come to a time in his life that such a life became tempting to desire, casting aside the mundane human shell and experience a free and simple life as a wild animal in the wilderness.
A strange dream; indeed.
What was stranger was the fact that not a lot of things throughout his life had inspired this fascination more than his childhood.  As a child he knew right away the difference between dogs and wolves from his trips to the zoos, his early studies in schools, and what he read in books and magazines. But what truly set it off was that one moment when he was really young, while camping with his parents. 
Devlin had wandered off in the middle of the night and had gotten lost in the woods, crying for his parents.  A brilliant black wolf with deep yellow eyes appeared to him and, at first, he was frightened.  It was his first time seeing a wolf, and this up close.  Not knowing anything about this creature Devlin didn’t know how to react except to sob.  To his surprise, the black wolf approached him with caution and, seeing Devlin’s dismay, offered a gentle nuzzle of comfort.  Fear subsided minutes later when the young boy realized the wolf meant no harm and presented company.
Like out of a fantasy story, the black wolf remained with him throughout the night, continuing its protective and affectionate behavior until Devlin found his way back to camp, a terrified mother and father sobbing and shouting from their boy’s disappearance.  Concerning the wolf, Devlin wished for his lupine friend to stay but, not understanding his story, his parent’s merely shooed and scared the black wolf away.
    Memories of that night remained with him, reminded every time Devlin saw the most unusually scar behind his shoulder.  He didn’t quite remember how it had happened, but he believed Devlin and the black wolf had played during their time together, cheering him up from his frightened state, the black wolf must have accidentally clawed at his back.  It was one of the things he understood later between human and animal play and relationships, that sometimes playing for dogs and wolves met being rough and careless.  Regardless, Devlin smiled whenever he looked upon the mark.  At least it was a more memorable, visible scar than the one his hair hid over his head, the mark of an arrogant friend recklessly performing stunts on his bicycle while riding behind him, resulting in them crashing and opening a gash in the back of Devlin’s head.  The stings from those numbing shots still haunt him.
    Ever since that time, Devlin’s enchantment with wolves sparked inside.  Being young he began covering his walls with pictures of wolves, young and old, of different breeds and color…but commonly black wolves, like the one from the forest.  His projects for school, when appropriate, were concerning wolves.  He even asked his parents, weeks after their camping trip, if he could own a wolf as a pet!
    Years later, his fascination with wolves had both matured and become…twisted.  While growing up he had heard of the legendary horror movie monster, the Wolf Man.  Different variations were produced afterwards depicting either a furry fanged man to a more lupine shaped beast.  Learning about werewolves, Devlin became captivated at the wonder of men able to transform into a wolf.
However, where movie and television made them out to be blood thirsty beasts, Devlin could not believe that was their only nature.  Eventually, the world-wide-web became the popular source for knowledge and communication, along with helping to spread different individual beliefs on certain subjects, including werewolves.  It was here that Devlin found some sanctity, that he wasn’t the only one that believed werewolves didn’t have to be purely evil.
    Many beliefs were bogus or extremely bizarre…considering it was about werewolves.  Devlin stayed away from the occult groups that cherished the evil or vicious side of them.  Sites or pages depicting a more positive side of werewolves were scares.  There were only a few blogs or posted stories of those who believed in these creatures as being neutral or free spirited as their true lupine cousins; stories and poems that sung about such a curse being a gift; of a werewolf’s return to nature and freeing its wild soul in peace.  Then he came across certain sites that held many posts of pictures and artwork of werewolves, both in its vicious and beautiful poses.  Immediately, Devlin was hooked.
    Devlin had been blessed productive hands, ones where it was possible for him to actually do a decent and, at times, artistic job with cooking and constructing, even with scores with a piano.  But his real passion with his hands was with drawing.  At a young age, Devlin loved to draw.  Though his own works we still of a childish quality, his parents were astounded at how well he could draw images from books and games and his own surroundings without tracing.  His perspective drawings and Fanarts helped improved his skills as an artist.  Of course, most of his art still needed lots of refinements, but Devlin was never satisfied with any finished works to begin with and always found room for improvement.
When it came to werewolves and wolves alike his sketch pads and single sheets were flooded with them.  Only about a few years ago did he feel comfortable and satisfied enough to post his own works online for others to see and judge.  To his surprise, many viewed his work as phenomenal.
    It was his artwork of wolves and werewolves that brought him and Patricia together.  Patricia had grown to favor many of his works, especially of ones with werewolves or “Anthro” wolves spending a tender and romantic moment together.  She had summed the courage to talk to him over the online chatting programs called “Instant Messaging” one day and discovered that Devlin and her had similar interests and characteristics…including them both being shy.  The two of them quickly became friends…and once they learned more about their fantasies about wolves their relationship grew much stronger.
    Devlin and Patricia chatted as much as possible, talking about their evenings and weeks, discussing the cons and pros of their current school and/or work life, new events worth mentioning, and, of course, their continued love with wolves, werewolves, and each other.
    It was Patricia who suggested one day the idea of role playing after Devlin spilled his story about the black wolf.  She seemed very interested in the story, sometimes growing silent with absorption when Devlin spoke about or mentioned the wolf.  She shakes it off after each telling with an awkward positive gesture, blaming random distractions on her behavior.
Patricia had become interested in seeing how far the two could take their love of wolves.  She wanted to start a role play of their wolfen characters, chatting about their day as normal, but adding expressions and actions as they typed that were wolf-like, such as nuzzling playfully when they wanted to be affectionate; wagging their tails and barking when they were happy; snarling when something upset or angered them; howling when they wanted to sing proudly of their elation together as wolves.
    As the role play progressed, and as their relationship grew, so did the maturity of their conversations.  Occasionally Devlin and Patricia’s normal friendly chat began to take on a form of flirting, most of it slipped into how they expressed their feral counterparts.  The two of them both realized they were unconsciously doing it.  When it started with Devlin he was unaware he had typed something about sniffing down Patricia’s…well, a sentence he normally wouldn’t blurt out.  He felt embarrassed, and the first reply back showed the same embarrassed blushing icon on Patricia’s end.  Surprisingly, the next reply from Patricia was, “LunaB began to moan from Creamywolf’s (His Pin Name on the IM) curious interest in her nether regions.”  After that shocking moment their time together on the IM became more intense...and hotter.
    Much like tonight’s segment the conversation was turning steamy.  Evening was slowly turning into night when their itchy typing fingers started to write out alluring actions or sensual expressions, both romantic in human standards and wild in wolfen standards.  It had gotten to the point where Patricia’s character had gotten so aroused that she offered Devlin to take her.  But before he could attempt in accepting such a luscious offer, something came up on Patricia’s end.
    “Oh…um….I’m sorry Devlin.  I g2g,” Patricia’s words wrote.
    “Oh…,” Devlin typed, suddenly feeling extremely shameful.  “I’m sorry Patricia.  I was coming on to fast wasn’t I?  But…you seem to really like….”
    “Oh no!  I do, I really like these moments big_smile.  It’s just…something has come up tonight…really need to take care of it…completely forgot.  But…if possible, I want to leave you with a dare.”
    “A dare?”
    “Regarding the anniversary of the night you met your wolf friend.”
    The black wolf from the camping trip.
Patricia had become a little bit obsessed with Devlin telling that story.  Yet it never bothered him.  He always loves talking about that beautiful wolf…and equally enjoyed Patricia loving to hear about it.  Sometimes hearing the heartwarming moment gets her wild up into her wolf persona.  Strangely enough, her werewolf persona was in fact that of a black wolf.  Maybe it was why she loved hearing about it,
    “Sure,” Devlin replied, adding some text expressing happy animalistic panting.
    Patricia went silent for a few seconds.  Devlin was worried, until the screen showed she was typing.
“…Howl for me tonight.”
    “AWWWoooooooooo!” Devlin typed, adding a LOL at the end.
    “…hehe, I’m…actually serious.”
    Devlin wiped away the grin on his face and listened…well, watched for more text.
    “Tonight…I’m going to be a wolf.”
    There was a long pause, Devlin slightly baffled by her response, though could understand what she meant.
    “o.o….I mean PRETEND, of course LOL.  When I’m done with my…obligations…I want to feel what its like to be that animal; to act and behavior like a wolf.  I want to walk on my hands and knees like I was on all fours.  I want to be unrestricted by clothing and material and feel the breeze of the cool night air against my body, racing and roaming easily and freely without feeling any fabric’s pull and constraint.  I want to bark and growl…and howl like a real wolf, and see if any of this feels right.  I know it will, but I need to know myself.  If I feel way too uncomfortable then maybe its time to give up this fantasy and start acting more like an normal person.  Of course…I kinda wish you were with me doing this.  I’d feel comfortable with a fellow wolf ”
    Devlin began to feel his cheeks blush, imagining being by Patricia’s side as they act out their inner wolves. They have both shown their real pictures, despite the embarrassment of showing her his frail human side, an ok built if not with some meaty parts.  But seeing her photo, and the aftermath of hearing her say, “You’re so cute in that pose,” and no other wise cracks made it all the greatest.  He can almost imagine standing next to her, being witness to her slender build, her sea blues gazing lovingly back at him, her long black hair welcomed to his touch.  It was weird thinking about it at first, but he started to adore the idea of them pretending to be wolves, playfully nipping and tackling on rural green fields, nuzzling each others necks and faces in affection, howling together in song to a full moon.
    “It will easier for me since I live near some parks and woods, so I won’t bother anyone.  I know it will be hard for you to join me in this act from where you are.  But, if you can, even if I can’t hear it…I want you to howl with me.  I want to know if I truly found someone who appreciates me for what I…we are.  I need to know that you howled with me.  If you don’t, please tell me.  If you do, please tell me how it felt.  Nothing about our friendship will change on that, but…”
    Another long silence…and Devlin was becoming nervous now.
    “Anyways,” Patricia continued, “I’ll talk with you tomorrow.  Sorry if I’m wigging you out ”
    “No,” Devlin started to type. “I will keep that promise.  In fact this is the best night to make it.”
    Looking to his bedroom door he relished in the thought of being alone tonight, no family member to disturb him or walk in on his act.  The house was to himself tonight.  Looking out the window he could see the brilliant orb hovering above him, the starting of this month’s full moon cycle.  The only thing he had to worry about was the possibility of his neighbors annoyed with all the loud noises.
    “big_smile.  I…I love you Devlin, you know that, right?”
    His cheeks got redder from her reply. “I love you too.  Goodnight my mate.”
    Patricia’s last reply was text expressing more playful panting.
    They both logged off, Devlin sighing.

It was nearly ten o’ clock, an hour after Patricia and Devlin signed off.  Devlin was in the bathroom near is bedroom, taking care of last minute hygienic duties.  The taste of the fluoride in his mouth was always too strong for him when he brushed his teeth, but there was no helping that.  Finishing, Devlin took a handful of cool water, rinsed, and spit out the rest of the toothpaste.
    A rush of heat ran down his back and spine as he thought about what Patricia said she be doing after she took care of her “obligations.”  Devlin wondered what these obligations were, seeing how she brings it up often, whether during their intimate moments or general conversations, and half the time right around the same time.  An odd coincidence suddenly sprung into mind as he looked out the bathroom window, catching the gleaming beams of the moon hitting the sill.  Patricia seems to be preoccupied almost every full moon.  Perhaps…she was indeed a werewolf!
    Devlin chuckled at the thought…and then began to wish that was true.  Devlin thought about what Patricia would look like if she were a werewolf; a tall beautiful creature with shimming black fur and a lean yet slender alluring figure.  Her tail would whip about whenever she was happy, her sea blue eyes mixed with fiery ember yellow as her gaze would fix on him.  The image of her like this sent shivers of delight throughout his body, panting happily.
Leaning over the sink Devlin gazed into the reflection of the mirror, looking at the pasty average human standing on the other end, a horrid form to ever stand beside his werewolf lover.  He shut his eyes then, imagining the next time he opened them a tall muscular brown furred werewolf would replace him, imagining able to feel the coarse fur over his body, the deadly set of fangs and claws replace his frail teeth and nails, the tail wafting behind.  But when he opened them, there his human self still was.
    Devlin sighed, lowering his head in dismay.  A soft growl trembled from his lips in minor frustration, yet it only made he feel worse that his growling didn’t sound authentic.  He was hesitant to try and howl now, afraid it would come out weak and obscured.  How would that impress Patricia?
    How did it come to this though?  Devlin had pondered this question time and time again; why was the fascination of being a werewolf so wonderful to him?  True the fact of being something completely different than his old self increases the exotic yearning of it, the excitement of loosing himself and being reborn as something completely different.  But why werewolves?
The obvious answer should come from all the horror movies he has seen, the fantastic and gorgeous artwork and stories he had read about the positive and beautiful aspects of the werewolf.  The fact that he had become interested in wolves in a young age, befriending a wild wolf in that forest would increase such a fascination.  Still, how could becoming furry, taking a more lupine shape, having animal desires to hunt/roam/mate, and giving up some human commodities and reasoning be so glamorous?
    Every time he faces that question he recalls the black wolf, its kindness and affection showing that not all wolves are dangerous and ugly beasts like some had made them out to be.  And then he thinks of Patricia, how her own love for wolves strengthen his resolves, her allure for these creatures, and her willingness to wish to become one.  Something about being a wolf, being one with her, would make his life practically complete and content, the cares and stresses of the world as a human gone just to be her true mate.
    Trying again Devlin shut his eyes, concentrated on his inner beast and his desires, yet still the reflection of his human form was present in the mirror.  Devlin’s brow raised in suspicion as for one brief moment he thought his eyes had become ember yellow like the black wolfs.  Upon closer inspection it seemed that his hazel eyes were starting to take a yellowish tint.  The light must be playing tricks with him, closing his eyes for a while and then reopening to this type of light must be distorting his vision.  Whatever it was, Devlin grinned, finding it cool.
    Devlin stumbled, his grip on the marble stone of the sink tightening, his toes clenching to the floor as he lifted himself onto the tips, bending his knees to keep himself steady.  Devlin found himself suddenly lightheaded, as if the room had begun to spin. His body temperature had increased, almost as if he was trapped in a sauna.  Devlin shook it off, grinning in the mirror as he pushed this feeling aside as straining himself from concentration.  His toothy grin quickly changed to bared teeth, his voice slowly growing deeper and deeper to produce the most authentic animal snarls and growls he could make.  The bridge of his nose became ridged, his nostrils flared.
    Devlin suddenly froze, shaking his head in confusion.  Something felt…off, or different at least.  He realized he hadn’t planned on acting that wild, and his growls sounded very…real.  His body had jerked a moment later before he stopped himself, fighting to fall to the floor onto all fours.  This was a abnormal feeling, an uncontrollable behavior he had never felt before.  It was scary…and yet, it was also exciting.
    Was real animal instinct beginning to take over, instincts that begged and barked at him to start acting out like the wolf he and Patricia wished to be?  His body was still shuddering, his knees trembling and growing weak; his body was telling him to drop to the floor and stand like a wolf.  His mind began to race with wild ideas.  Without warning Devlin found himself fleeing his house and heading towards the towns park, where it connected to the woods outside the city.  He raced through the woods, feeling alive.  Hunger was setting in and the thought of hunting game was tantalizing.  And of Patricia; the lustful yearnings from before on the chat now begged to be fulfilled.  He looked up the sky, caught the full moon in his eyes, inhaling as he was about to cry out…to release his howl into the wild.
    And then it stopped.
    His eyes widened towards the mirror.  He half expected to see a wolf in the reflection, considering the extraordinary daydream he had just taken.  All that time his world had been spinning and he thought he had truly escape his home, racing through the woods and at one point tackling down a deer for food.  But it was just in his head, none of that happened.
    Sweat was pouring all over his skin; his black cotton shorts and white tee he wore had become drenched in it and became muggy and uncomfortable.  Pulling at the waist Devlin became irritable at how horrible his shorts felt against his skin, hastily removing them and his boxers.  Instant relief came as a gentle breeze from outside the hallway wafted into the bathroom and soothed Devlin’s burning, sweaty legs.
    Curious, he brought his smelly, sweating undergarments to his chest, sniffing around it.  It was his scent but it still left a yucky odor.  He was thankful to toss them into the empty bathtub in the bathroom for now.  Being naked from the waist down felt soothing, a feeling of primal energy washed over him from it.   The most important parts of an animal are bore from the waist to leg; no fabric to hide or constrict your tail; nothing to press against your loins, allowing your legs to move with maximum flexibility without clothes constricting any type of movement.  The feeling of being freed down there was enough to start letting the animal in anyone surface.
    A soft whine escaped his lips as Devlin leaned back against the rooms wall behind, caressing his own bare skin around his thighs.  The open air made his hairy skin slick, a joy to feel.  But he craved to feel the thick pelt of wolf fur tonight, to cover this frail human body of its flaws.  Devlin thought of Patricia, watching him starting to act out his wolfen side, and the adoring smile she would have.  A similar pleasure arose in him, imagining watching Patricia do the same.
    Over the excitement Devlin realized it was getting hotter, despite his shorts being relieved.  He tugged at the collar of his shirt, removing it fast and tossing it aside.  His body was now completely rid of clothing and the primal side of him was getting stronger, but not as much that cause the strange daydream.
    His body jerked, rolling over to his chest against the wall.  A low groan escaped his lips, and then a soft growl.  It was happening again, the moment of uncontrollable animal behavior like before.  This should be something Devlin would fight against, the unfamiliarity of having something else dominate his actions.  But the more he struggled to regain control, the more he found himself fighting off his own attempt.  The wolf, his animal persona he had formed and adopted all these years, was actually starting to take over.
    Why, his own thoughts replied.  I wanted to know what it was like to be a wolf, a werewolf at best.  These thoughts, these animal instincts I’m feeling…I know what the wolf wants and I’m not afraid.  Why should I fight…its what…I always wanted.  It what…Patricia and I wanted.
    Devlin jerked his head to his side, baring his teeth once more and snarling as he looked back into the reflection of the mirror as best as possible.  His eyes widened in astonishment; his eyes were now completely ember yellow like a wolf.  Looking over his shoulder he also noticed something new from the claw mark the black wolf had left all those years ago.  The skin around it throbbed and pulsated, pain erupting from the wound.
    What…what’s going on?
    As his body continued to grow hot, his limbs shaking violently, he vacated the bathroom and returned to his room, finally loosing balance near his own bed.  He propped himself onto hands and knees while Devlin continued to moan and growl from the sudden wave of pain filling is form.
    What could be causing this?  Why was his body becoming riddled in pain?  Did it have something to do with his thoughts being tempted by animal desires?  Was it…
    As if his eyes hadn’t widened enough now his eyes felt like tearing from its socket from the revelation that came to him.  The pain and heat from his body consuming him, the animal instincts and thoughts persuading him, a beautiful full moon, and an old claw mark from a wild wolf; it had never crossed his mind before until now, since nothing of extraordinary events had ever occurred after being scratched as a child.  However, the fact his love for the wolf had increased to this point, enough to pretend to be one with Patricia a ways across the world willingly could be why it was happening now of all times.
    I can’t…believe it!  Is it really…happening?  I’m I turning into a…a…
    A chill of anticipation crept over his skin, his attention towards the window.  Disbelief overcame him as his ears picked up the faint sound of howling.  It was familiar, something natural to understand and to detect for wolves.  But it couldn’t be what he thought.
    With ears erect and focused he could hear the second one.  But it wasn’t coming from outside, the world beyond this house was silent and asleep.  And yet the howl rang in his ears, and he understood its call.  His heart, which had already been pounding skipped a few more beats, tongue lolling out of his mouth and panting, recognizing that beautiful feral song.
    “Howl with me tonight, Devlin.”  Patricia’s angelic voice echoed in his head as her third howl sounded in his mind.
    Though what part of his human reasoning remain defensive about allowing the wolf to become him, Devlin smiled as he growled something incoherent, trying to return her call.  Releasing the ache that choked in his throat, the call building up inside, Devlin stood on top of his bed, hands on the mattress while his legs reminded on the floor.  He closed his eyes and proudly howled triumphantly, returning his mate’s call.
    It felt wonderful to howl without fear, to feel truly free to act out his beastly nature, his animal side.  The ache and pain returned, adding a strange euphoria that eased the discomfort.  Part of him became aware that his body was becoming hairier, that his nails seemed longer and his limbs feet limber and shifted, that his face began to grow heavy and long, and that something began wagging excitedly behind him.  But in that moment Devlin was more overzealous about accepting his lupine instincts and hoped that his mate heard his proud howl.  He took another deep breath and howled once more, just to make sure she heard it.

And I Howl back.

#7 2008-06-17 23:46:48

CatWolf4891

Hello again!
So I managed to finish the edits and modifications to the second chapter of this pet project of mine.  If you haven't noticed I've deleted the post for the original chap 2, so no one gets confused.  So, if you wish, here is chapter two remastered...and hopefully good ^_^;

Howl
Chapter Two: Awakening

The singing of the birds roused Devlin’s attention to the world around him, waking him from an unsettling sleep.  The morning light was not so intense, giving the impression that the sun had just risen.  A deep and long yawn escaped his gapping mouth, rolling onto his back and stretching both arms and legs.  His body felt oddly sore, yet he felt strangely revitalized and content.  A smile curled over his lips, resting his left hand over his chest, as he opened his weary eyes to the world.
    At once he was struck with confusion.  What should have been the plain white glossy surface of his ceiling housing over him instead was the wide openness of the outside, dawns blue ocean sun orange sky hovering above.  A gentle morning wind blew from behind him, a slight shiver traveling through his body.  The lumpy yet silky sheets from his mattress were replaced with the prickly mound of days old cut grass, its aromatic scent almost empowering.
    Instead of rushing to his feet and possibly mumbling profanity and half started questions Devlin took calming breathes and remained laying over the grass a while longer.  To be honest, he actually felt quite comfortable, rubbing his limbs over the soft matted grass.  The earth under him almost made up for the absence of his mattress and pillows.  Surrounded by nature, though compacted in a neighborhood setting; this must be how it felt to be content with the simple commodities of the wild.
    Devlin sighed happily, tongue slowly lolling out as he was compelled to pant.  As good as this felt, his mind was still bothered with questions.  For instance, he still had no clue how he had ended up outside his backyard.
    This is so strange Devlin thought, closing his eyes for a moment, taking another calming breath.  How the hell did I get outside…or could this be another dream; a false awakening and I’m having a very lucid dream now?
    Turning his head to the right, a tall aged fence, some boards replaced with new mahogany wood, ran from left to right.  A small hedge grew from the left side of the fence while drooping branches from a maple leaf tree hung over this side from over the fence.  There was no mistake; the scenery was beginning to look like his backyard.
    Cocking his head over his chest slightly and looking down the left side of the fence he spots the oak tree that confirmed his suspicion.  Still towering at the corner of the fence at almost 30 ft high, its branches crossed between three other backyards.  The remains of an old treehouse, left with only a thin plank for the floor and the busted wooden ladder nailed to the trunk were now home to the piles of leaves and bark, ants and other insects now trailing from top to bottom.  He could SEE the ants from where he laid.
    There was no need to check his left; the freshly painted light blue porch and antique glass round table with its beige parasol would be there knowing now he was resting in his own backyard.
    Well, at least I wound up in my own yard…though now I can’t stop wondering what the heck I did last night.
    Taking another deep breath Devlin began to sort through his memories.  He could remember coming home from work last night.  He had gotten back online and continued his chat with Patricia and how intense their conversation was getting.  He remembered her plea, how she wanted Devlin to join her in role playing their wolven persona’s like they did online offline.  She wanted the both of them to see if they could actually try and free the animal in them, to experience whatever sensation came with it.  He remembered…howling…just like she asked.  It felt good, refreshing; natural.  It was the first time he felt comfortable with this whole werewolf/wolf persona fascination.
    It was also scary too.  The moment he let go of his fear and embarrassment; the moment he howled, something started to consume him, taking over Devlin.  His entire body felt like it was on fire and his muscles and bones ached as if it was being stretched out like taffy.  But the pain was the least of the fright.  For a moment he remembered loosing his clarity and inhibition, feeling something primal and wild fill his thoughts and desires with temptations and instincts closer to an animal.  He remembered the uncontrollable ticks of growling and snarling, the heavy panting from excitement, the second howl that found its way through his voice, a more passionate cry.  Though exhilarating, the thought of losing his mind to animal instincts, to almost clearly forget who he was and become something else was frightening.  It was as if he truly became…a wolf.
    Nah, Devlin amusingly disagreed, smiling and shaking his head.  It almost sounds like I really became a werewolf last night.  That’s insane…
    But, then again, if what I felt last night was true…then maybe there is something like a wolf in me after all.  And it wasn’t all that awful.  I kinda liked it; it felt right…it felt like…me…

Minutes passed as Devlin thoughts went empty, gazing blissfully into the morning sky.  Sunlight started to seep through the leaves and branches of his mighty oak tree and the others behind the fence of his neighbors.  His ears twitched to the passing of vehicles and the enduring song of the birds around him.  Another current of wind whistled, creating the rustling of leaves and bushes.
These serene sounds soon filled Devlin’s empty mind with images; a growing daydream.  It almost felt like memories, as if he had been there.  It made his body feel different, sleek and primal like an animal.  He was racing through the wilderness on paws, imprinting the earth with each heavy stride.  A clenching yearning for food stirred in his stomach, tracking the scents of appetizing prey.  Fur over his back stood on end as let out a trumpeting howl.
A passing plane snapped his attention back to reality, yet leaving behind those primal sensations.  Devlin’s heart was racing madly, veins pumping. 
    Weird, Devlin thought as he watched the airliner pass by, its light exhaust smoke trailing behind.  I can hear it…the roar of its engines…but I could never hear anything that clear before, not from a plane that far up in the sky…could I?
    Maybe believing in having a wolf spirit/persona…whatever it may be has its advantages.  Ever since he got more into werewolves he believed that his senses were somehow becoming in-tuned and heightened.  Smells were more potent on some days while his eyes could make out words and objects from several feet ahead like a billboard sign or a small animal scampering in the fields.  Of course, he came to the conclusion that it wasn’t anything supernatural; his senses were just good.
    Despite this oddity Devlin smiled, shifting back to his recent panting, his tongue lolled over his lips.  He finally began to sit up, rubbing his eyes as he observed his surroundings.  The backyard was in need of some renovation; the roses and other flowers his parents planted from both sides of the yard wilting away from this fall’s season.  The grass behind him, where his once stationed swing set stood, remained upheaval and rocky from dry mounds of dirt, little grass to cover the bald spots.  The exterior of the house was in dire need of a fresh coat of paint, the old blue chipping off and worn down.  However, even with those problems the backyard still had some beauty and life.  The side of the lawn Devlin awoke from still retains a luscious green and healthy color.
    Devlin began to roll onto his knees, propped on his hands.  The stance brought about the familiar primal sensations, a feeling that was becoming more welcomed.  A low playful growl murmured from his throat as he stretched out the rest of his muscles and limbs on all fours, still panting with tongue lolled out.
    This feeling…I can feel its intense presences fading but not completely going away.  I almost want to…want to howl one more time, just before I lose it…if I lose.
    Devlin nearly surrendered to this animal yearning until he caught a glance at his own hands.  He rose back onto his knees as he looked over his hands in mild disbelief.  There were long strands of brown hair present on the back of his hands and his palms felt thick and leathery.  His nails, they weren’t nails at all but thick short black claws.
    “No way,” Devlin gasped.
Another gust of cool wind blew against him, alarming Devlin to new realization.  It had felt odd that he didn’t feeling anything touching his skin but the grass, noticing restricition as he flexed his limbs.  Before he even looked over himself it was obvious he was naked, naked in public.  Yet despite the morning air around him being chilly Devlin could still feel small blanketed warmth cascading over most of his body.
Finally looking down his chest and knees, he knew why.  Devlin discovered thick coarse brown hair…fur covering his shoulders, chest and waist; feeling it down his back.  His arms and legs had remnants of such furry intrusion but were now thin and exposing more of his skin.  He felt around his face with his paw-like hands, feeling a small mane covering his cheeks.
    “This can’t be real,” Devlin said in fright, finally standing up on his feet…which he had difficulty in doing.  He stumbled forward to the edge of the porch, catching himself inches before his face met the wood.  He propped himself back onto his hands and knees and realized how proportionate and satisfied his body felt standing on all fours.  Looking back he discovered his feet were somewhat elongated in the shape of hind paws, the same black claws present at his paw-like toes.  Following that shocker was the existents of a tail, only half a foot long with some fur sprouted from its skin, twitching from his different emotions.
    I’m a…a…
    Car horns blared from beyond the fences, snapping Devlin out of his trace over his feet and tail.  His head and eyes darted all around him, his mind only half understanding what had become of him and his current situation.  He was outside, nude and part wolf.  If anyone were to see him like this, his neighbors or any curious passer-bier his social status could become hindered.  The only excuse that could come to his tormented head was that he was wearing a costume, but how would that explain him sleepy outside with still partially exposed anatomy?
    The sliding door was opened, hopefully by him.  His parents should still be gone for another few days.  Pushing hard from his legs Devlin rushed into the house, barely catching his animal speed before he ran into a wall, searing pain at his shoulders aching.
    He stepped into the nearest bathroom downstairs and stood back up, getting use to balancing on digitigrade like feet.  The reflection in the mirror was haunting; a flash of memory recalling his intense and sudden daydream in the bathroom upstairs last night, where he thought a wolf had replaced his human image.  It wasn’t a daydream this time, not a dream at all, thanks to the help of the throbbing pain in his left shoulder.
    He was already aware of the form of his lower body, and the mane on his cheeks, but what left Devlin awestruck was at the shape of his own head.  His ears were wide and pointed in the mixture of lupine and human ears.  His brow and forehead seemed protruding and thick.  The skin over the ridge of his nose were partially curled and flared, the complexion of his darkish tinted nose regaining its fleshy pink complexion.  The center of his upper lip looked parted and pronounced, as if his face once bore a lupine muzzle.  His teeth indeed retain the shape of such, his canines lengthened into fangs and the rest sharpened for predatorial eating.  What took his attention the most though was the change in his eyes, the whites still visible but the iris slightly enlarged...glowing an ember yellow instead of his old hazel color.
    It was hard to believe but it was true; no amount of pitching would wake him from this event.  As of this moment, Devlin stood, breathed, and even felt the remaining animal instincts of that of a wolf.  Devlin WAS a werewolf.
    “Wicked,” was the only thing that Devlin could say, gapping in delighted shock.
    As he rubbed one clawed hand over his cheeks a surge of heat and uneasy movement within his body took place.  The sudden rush made Devlin lightheaded and dizzy, causing him to tumble back against the wall, the air around him suddenly dense.  His body was changing…no, reverting.  The thick claws from his hands and feet were shrinking back into his body as well as his fangs shortening.  His feet began to feel short once more as he could drop the heels back to the ground, his toes once again small and disproportionate.  His ears slide and shrunk back to its human rounds and lobes and his nose and lips felt normal once more.  Devlin whimpered as the short lump of a tail disappeared.  The remnant of his fur receded back into his skin until his natural human body hair regain dominance.
    In only a matter of minutes Devlin found himself back to a normal young human man, naked and shaking.  He checked over himself a few more times before he was sure there was no unusual growth of hair or claws.  Sighing, he slumped over the sink and returned to taking calming breathes, finding more need for them now then before.
    “I can’t believe this is happening,” Devlin muttered to himself.  “How the heck did I…I could have not believed in this that deeply, did I?”  He thought of Patricia and her passionate words of being a wolf.  “She’s gonna freak when I tell her this.  But, I wonder if she would believe me.  Maybe I should get the camera ready in case…”
    His words were interrupted by the sudden ring of the house phone.  He let it ring once, unsure if he should answer it, too involved in what has become of him.  The second time he decided to rush to phone, hooked up in the kitchen pass the living room, where the door to the backyard still remained opened.  By the third ring he picked up the receiver.
    …*clearing throat*…Berg residences.”
    “Hello, may I speak with Devlin please?”
    “…Oh, hi there, Mr. Dirscol!”  It was Devlin’s boss from work, the office supply store near downtown, settled a mile behind the town park, where the land stretches out into the wilderness area of the town, a suitable roaming spot for any wild animal.
    “Hey there buddy.  I wanted to check if it was alright if you wanted to get some extra hours in tonight, around four to nine-thirty today.  One of your guys called in sick and isn’t able to come in.”
    Devlin went silent.  Truthfully he was in need of more hours this month to pay for the next bills to come in, but what if the wolf tried getting out again tonight.  It was a full moon week.
    “uh…I don’t if tonight would be the best nights.  I kinda have something planned…”
    The phone began to chatter on as Devlin was forced to listen to his boss’s grievance.  He had a way with pushing the “guilt trip” method on people, especially since he had a legitimate reason.  It wasn’t Devlin’s fault he had been recently sick…often (which was why he needed the hours), but his boss saw it as an excuse to skip work.  After a minute or two about responsibility and commitment, Devlin caved in.
    “Alright, I can come in.”
    The conversation ended with Devlin slamming the receiver back on the machine, a wolfish growl creeping out of his lips.  There was nothing he could do about it now but get ready for the new day.
Returning to his room to gather fresh clothes, grabbing a towel from the hallway closet and heading to the shower, Devlin reflected on the werewolf situation.  A small bundle of excitement made his stomach flutter, wondering if he could make his transformation happen again after work…or if that whole experience was one warped daydream.  Passing by the living room Devlin took one more look outside before shutting the backyard door.  It was a clear day and the sun was now hovering over the horizon.  Despite the recent event, and the fact he was now going to work later, he felt renewed and blissfully awakened.

And I Howl back.

#8 2008-06-18 00:57:45

Goldie

oh, that was so beautiful, i can't wait for your next installment. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#9 2008-06-18 05:15:59

CatWolf4891

I'm very proud at myself...though I bet there are tons of errors I'll have to fix later.
Couldn't sleep, so I manage to write out my chapter three...which will end of technically being like a part 1 of 2, cause it ends on a cliffhanger.  But I will start chapter four tomorrow.
I had the idea for how I wanted this one to be told, but I decided to make this flow more like from a different character's point of view.  Most of this one is kinda like from the eyes of another person, but revolving around Devlin.  Hope this won't confuse you guys much, and that you like this third chapter.  Again, comments and critiques welcomed as always ^_^

Howl (A Werewolf Story)
Chapter Three: Stressing Out

The store was eerily quiet; not a soul in sight…except for Russell Newman, the Office Supply expert for the Paperclips Plus.  Since the store was dead Russell took this moment to whip out his mini mp3 player and jam to some of his personally mixed tunes.  His head started bobbing, chuckling as he stocked the correct merchandise in the child education/art supply section.
    A big grin wouldn’t leave his face as he thought about his recent prank towards his fellow employee, Devlin.  Fifty-seven times Russell had managed to sneak up behind Devlin and the poor guy always jumped out of his skin.  He wondered why Devlin was always so on edge…or at least so distance that the guy never saw him coming.  It was cool though between them, reminding Devlin it was all in good fun.  He doesn’t mean to pick on him, its just that he was usually the easiest person in the store to prank.
    Russell laughed as he thought about the prank just now, seeing Devlin actually tumble off his stool at the Copy Center.  Russ had thought about just walking by and giving Devlin a break, noticing that he was unusually preoccupied with himself…and not because of work.  Russ could see from the transparent reflection of Devlin’s monitor that he was in deep thought.  He looked so serious.  Russell went ahead with scaring him through that reason alone, trying to liven Devlin up and loosen him up.  The poor guy fell out of his stool, almost knocking his head against the personal store shedder.  For a brief moment Russell’s sweat went cold.
    He leapt over the Full Service counter and checked on Devlin, helping him up to his feet.
    “Holy S***, dude.  You ok?”  Russell asked.
    Devlin jerked his arm away from Russell, shouting to stay away from him.  For a brief moment it looked like Devlin was tripping.  Russell could have sworn he heard Devlin growl at him, like a real animal growl.  He also thought he was seeing things, that the cold, ferocious stare Devlin gave him looked as if they were glowing…a fiery yellow.
    “Geez, Devlin.  I’m sorry.  Didn’t mean to make you fall off your rocker.”  It didn’t help that Russell’s tone wasn’t all too sincere, but he truly didn’t mean to get Devlin hurt.  Russell barely took his gaze off Devlin’s eyes, still unsure if what he was seeing was real.  Those yellow eyes.
    Devlin broke his gaze and shook his head, rubbing his scalp.
    “You growl at me fool?” Russell questioned.
    Devlin looked back for a second, paused in responding until he grinned and shook his head.  “No…just a bit frustrated.  I kinda had other plans today but…”
    “But Driscoll conned you into coming into work, huh?” Russell finished.
    “Yeah.”
    “Is that why you were staring into space just now?”
    Devlin looked back to his computer screen, stuttering with his response.  “I…I was just thinking about some stuff.  Some heavy stuff.  You know; changes that have been going through my life lately.”
    “Changes, huh,” Russell said, crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.  “What kind?”
    “Just…stuff.  I really don’t want to talk about it right now.”
    “Come on, man.”  Russell wrapped an arm around Devlin’s back and gave a heavy pat.  “Sounds like you doing some pimpin’.  Becoming a player with the ladies?”
    “I said…”  Devlin shoved Russell’s arm away, becoming overly infuriated again.  “…I don’t want to talk about it!”
    Russell backed up, hands waved out in front, comically shielding himself from a possible attack.  Devlin looked like he was about lunge and rip out someone’s throat.  “Alright, alright.  It’s cool.”
    “Is there a problem here?”  a new character walked into the scene.  The assistant manager on duty, Douglas looked a bit concerned with the overall situation.
    “It’s cool Doug,” Russell answered, with a wise-cracking smile.
    Douglas looked over to Devlin, noticing that he was looking a bit pale a sweaty.  Devlin lowered his head and cocked it to his right shoulder.
    “Yeah, everything’s fine.  I just tripped.”
    “My fault,” Russell admitted, acting cool about it.  “I spooked him while he was working.”
    Douglas looked to Russell, then to Devlin.  He smiled and began to chuckle, walking over to the Full Service entrance.  “Really?  Did you have a nice trip, Devlin?”
    The two of them began to laugh while Devlin just watched.  Douglas approached Devlin and pat his shoulders, beaming his normally infectious smile.  It was no different tonight, just being around Douglas and his comedic demeanor seemed to brighten Devlin’s mood up as he joined in on the laugh.
    “You sure you are ok better?”  Douglas asked, taking note at Devlin’s unusual complexion.  Just from patting his shoulder, even from under his work attire, Douglas could feel the heat coming off Devlin’s body.  “You don’t look so good.”
    Devlin was about to say something, then paused.  It looked like his mind was rattling, contemplating something until he finally spoke.  “Actually, I haven’t been feeling too good.”
    “Geez, again?” Russell said.  If it was true then it would be the fourth time Devlin had come down with something in the last 3 months.
    “I’m hoping its nothing, but I think my stomach didn’t like the lunch I had today.  Leftovers; hard to judge when they are still fresh.”
    Douglas nodded.  “Yeah, I know how that works.  Listen, did you take a break yet?”
    “No,” Devlin moaned
    “Dude,” Russell cried.  “You were supposed to take yours by seven.  You’re way overdue.”
    The three of them looked back to the far wall at the end of the Full Service area.  It read 7:45 P.M.
    “Eh, you’re probably just stressin’ out.  Why don’t you go ahead and take your 15 now.  Take an extra ten if you still don’t feel good, k?”
    “Sure thing.”
    Devlin untied his apron, a black three pocketed cloth all Copy Center personnel were suppose to wear, and tossed under the register counter.
    “I’ll have Russ keep an eye out for any customers.”
    Russell nodded.  When things looked patched up Douglas left and went back onto the floor, keeping customer service flowing.  Russell winked at Devlin as he took his exit around the other side, near the delivery service counter.
    “Hey Russ?”  Devlin shouted.  Russ stopped and spun around smooth like, something out of a Michael Jackson move.  “Listen.  Sorry if I acted a bit weird.  But could you do me a favor and stop sneaking up on me like that.  You know I hate that crap.”
    “Well how come you’re all scared all the time man?”  Russell shot back.
    “Ugh!  It’s not that I’m scared easily, Russ.  It just bugs the hell out of me when people disturb me from out of nowhere.”
    “Alright, whatever.”  Russell began to walk back down the hall with all the binders and inserts as Devlin exited the Copy Center.  Russell cried out one last thing before Devlin was too far away to hear.
    “See you NEXT FALL!”

A rock and roll ballad began to play through his music player as Russell laughed from the way Devlin stumbled off his stool.  The scene was just so priceless, even if it was mean.  Russell sorted through his basket of color pencils and crayons for the children education part of the wall, making he was putting up the right ones in the right spot.  He smiled once more as he found a rare box set.  He placed it through the hook on the wall.
    Russell flinched, his hair standing on end as his eyes suddenly locked down the aisle towards the binder wall.  For a split second he though he saw something rush pass the end of the aisle, a dark small figure darting forward.  The light above him started flicker suddenly.  Watching it go on and off, he figured he must have been a trick from the light, or even that it was just a little kid running down the halls.  The store was quiet but that doesn’t there weren’t still customers about.  He shook his head lightly, grinning as he went back to stocking the wall.
“Hey Russ!”
    Russell jumped, dropping the packages of color pencils onto the floor, the clatter echoing in the semi-empty story.  He stuttered as he pulled off his earphones, stuffing them back into his pocket.  “Doug.  S*** man, you scared the crap out me.”
    Doug smirked.  “Now you know how Devlin felt.”  The two of them started laughing, Russell not so enthralled.
    “Well listen,” Doug continued, “Devlin still isn’t feeling too good.  I might let him off early tonight.  Could you do me a favor and just keep an eye on Copy Center for the rest of the night?  All you have to do is just write up any orders and let the customers know it won’t get started till tomorrow.”
    “Ya, Doug.  It’s cool.”
    “Nice.  Thanks bud.”  Doug proceeded to walk away, only to pause and raise a finger up in realization.  “Oh, and Russ?  Go easy on Dev, k?  I don’t think he really gets you’re just having some fun.”
    Russell shrugged.  “It ain’t my fault if he is so jittery, but ok.”
    Douglas gave a awkward glance back at Russell, returning to his stocking duties, before he walked away.
    Russell looked back once to make sure Douglas wasn’t around.  Satisfied, he rustled in his pockets to pull back out his earphones.  The sudden having patter of clattering feet made Russell froze in place.  That sound seemed strange to him, not a normal shoe or feet walking noise on slick concrete marble.  The tapping sound still echoed, making Russell wonder.  It sounded like little feet with long nails tapping at the floors surface, much like that of a dog or cat’s paws.  Was there a dog in the building?
    Russell dropped what he was doing and walked to end of the aisle just to verify what he was hearing.  Most likely it was just some owner’s dog; there being no real restrictions on having pets in the store.  He peeked around the corner.  No sign of any animal.  But there was a faint odor here that suggested an animal was walking about in the store.
    Russell shrugged and turned back.
    His face went white instantly, eyes widened and focused on the thing that suddenly stood down the other end of the aisle.  It could have been mistaken for a large husky from afar, but no animal’s limbs looked that oddly shape, nor mass that huge.  It looked like a wolf, a very big wolf.  And it was snarling at him, fangs bared and saliva dripping from its muzzle.
    The stand off only lasted for a minute, soon afterwards the animal began to walk away, its ember eyes still gazing at Russell as it disappeared around the corner.  Russell was petrified, unable to believe what he had just saw.  Looking to his left, a wall filled with two feet rolls of multi-colored butcher paper, Russell snatched one of them and held it close to his chest for protection.  He began to cautiously walk up to the end of the hall where the wolf had just been, readying his frail weapon.  Inhaling deeply, he jumped out into the new hallway, towards the printers’ area, and shouted loud, keeping his paper roll raised over his head to strike.
    Doug was a little ways down the hallway, looking at Russell with confusion.  Russell gawked as he straightens his posture and waved around the roll playfully, trying to look less wigged.  He did a salute to Doug before he turned back around the same aisle.
    He didn’t see the brown wolf pouncing him that moment, razor teeth grasping his neck as it shoved Russell onto the floor with its weight.  Blood poured everywhere, a somewhere in the store the sound of a woman screaming could be heard.  As Russell’s eyes grew lifeless, the wolf tore off a chuck off his flesh, firmly clenching it in its muzzle, wild snarls filling the store as the beast looked to be eyeing new prey.

“Wakey, wakey!”
    Devlin sprung out of his seat, screaming in horror as he backed against the Breakroom sink.  His breathing was out of control and his eyes were almost bulging out of his sockets.
    “Whoa, dude!  You ok?”
    Turning to the entrance, Devlin found his manager, Douglas.  His hands were out in front and he was extremely worried.
    “What…who…where…huh?”  Devlin mumbled.
    A weak smile returned to Douglas as he approached his companion.  “I guess that just leaves out Why and When, doesn’t it?”
    Devlin was baffled for a moment…then somehow caught the reference and started to laugh.  Douglas joined in, but it was short.
    “You alright, Devlin?  I just came back here to see where you were, how you were doing?”
    “What…”  Devlin stammered.  “What was I doing?”
    “Well it looked like you were sleepin’.”
    Sleeping!?  I was just…sleeping.  It was all a bad dream.  But…that felt so real...
    “I guess you weren’t lying when you said you weren’t feeling so hot, huh?”
    Devlin looked at his boss, his friend, and nodded.
    “Look.  I think I’m gonna go ahead and let you go for the night.  I think you need to get some rest and let all that bad juju pass out of your system.  I’d suggest that if you’re still feeling poor that you see a doctor ok?”
    “Yeah, sure thing,” Devlin agreed, giving Douglas a thumbs up.  “Thank you, Doug.”
    “No problem, buddy.”  Douglas exited the room after that.
    Devlin let out a moan, burying his face under his hands.  He couldn’t believe he had nodded off during his break.  But it felt much worse having to have dreamt something that horrible…even if it felt twistedly relieving.
    Taking back his seat for a moment Devlin reflected on the dream, what it could mean.  It was no surprise it would have to do about being a werewolf, considering the unique morning he had today.  But it scared him to have had one of those “killing spree” nightmares the horror movies showed for people like him.  It was like something out of American Werewolf in London…only with out the monster Nazis.
    What if this was a sign?  What if the animal inside him wasn’t as carefree and docile as he had hoped?  Could he really be capable of something like that if the wolf were to just be let loose?  Russell normally bugged the crap out of him almost everyday he worked with him, but it was a cause to tear out his throat…maybe sock him one but not kill him.
    Maybe it knows Devlin’s annoyance with Russ.  Considering it was Russell that spooked him earlier and made him nearly bash his head against the shredder, and that it would have learned by now that Russ was a prick, it was only sharing its similar hatred for him.  The sudden snarling was a good sign of that.
    “Maybe I should head home now before anything else happens,” Devlin said to himself, raising out of his chair and grabbing his coat from the coat rack.
    Devlin’s hand froze over the blue hanging cotton jacket, suddenly feeling his entire body grow hot and dizzy.  His head began to bob, a familiar lightheadedness washing over him as he stumbled back onto another chair, needing to sit down.
    Oh god, no, Devlin thought, discomfort gripping his insides and limbs.  This can’t be happening…not now!

And I Howl back.

#10 2008-06-18 09:39:51

Goldie

oh, goody goody goody. big_smile

yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#11 2008-06-18 18:50:21

CatWolf4891

This next chapter may seem rushed, but it was also difficult to write out in the first place. This chapter is kinda a in-between chapter of 2 and 3, regarding a little info on the other character, Patricia (which I know some people was waiting for ^_^) Now there isn't really any transformation in this one, but there is still some werewolf bits, mostly in past memories. I hope you guys won't get to confused by this one. the flow may be slightly obscured, trying to make a relationship with her and her father. Hope you enjoy. Chapter five to be worked on later tonight (6/18)

Howl (A Werewolf Story)
Chapter Four:  Patricia

Earlier that morning…

The morning sun made its way over the tips of the trees, its rays cascading over the rippling stream of the river.  A thin mist began to disperse, clearing to better view the river’s trail up a mountainous valley, supported by a valley of pine and firs.  All manner of wildlife began to stir in favor of the new day.  One creature was already active, bathing in the cold waters of the rushing river.
    Patricia broke through the water’s surface, gasping for air while she laughed.  She paddled against the current to keep her balance, not to be taking adrift from the river’s speed.  Wiping off the droplets from her bare shoulders she looked towards the sky, gazing towards the morning sun with a smile.  She closed her eyes and inhaled, letting bristling warmth swell inside her.
    Her throat tightened, an unmistakable urge begging to be released.
    “Patricia?!”
    Startled, Patricia spun towards the cry, lowering her chest back into the water for modesty sake.  Her cheeks blushed and lips curled to a grin once she recognized that thundering voice.  From out of the bushes and man, middle aged with short grey hair, wearing an officers uniform stepped forward, a detest look over his face.
    The officer and Patricia just stared at each other for a while, neither of them having anything worth while to say.  The officer shook his head, obviously not approving of this.
    “How many times have I told you not to wonder off like this?” The officer said.
    Patricia shied away, eyes rolled, not wanting to have this argument again.
    “I know.  But its not like there is anyone around this time of year.  You make sure of that…Dad.”
    “That’s not the point,” the officer, Patricia’s father, exclaimed.  “Just because law states no hunting here doesn’t mean some wise-ass is going to act smart and not do it.  Do you know how many people in the U.S. allow still illegally poach and game?”
    Patricia spun away, disgruntled.  Her father sighed.
    “You know, its not just them I worry about.  We live near campgrounds, you know.  What if some hikers were to come along here on a morning hike and see you skinning dipping in the river?”  He held up in front of him a piece of Patricia’s clothing.  “What if a nut job found this and though he might have a sick chance with you.”
Patricia grinned.  “He’d be in for a real shocker then, would he?”
Her father raised his arms and let them fall against his waist, further disappointed.

Patricia put on her black cotton sweater, suddenly realizing how cold it had gotten in the last hour.  Mornings around the woods were always chilly.  Of course, it would never bother her if she stayed the way she was last night.  Her father, Officer Thomas (Tom for short), was standing outside her room, arms crossed and leaning against her door’s edges.
“You know dad, you don’t have to watch me 24/7.  I’m just getting ready for school.”
Her father smirked, nodding.  “Well, the more keep up your nightly runs, the more I worry you’re just gonna skip school altogether.”
Patricia turned away, making her bed.  The room grew silent for a moment.
“Look,” Tom sighed, “I’m trying to make this work.  It’s difficult enough trying to raise a daughter alone.  It’s a challenge though trying to raise a daughter who is a werewolf.”
Patricia stopped straightening her sheets, paused, and then slowly turned around sitting on her bed, sighing heavily.  Strangely she couldn’t look into her own father’s eyes.  Tom approached, taking a seat beside her.
“I’m sorry I’m not normal, dad,” Patricia sighed.  “You must wish I never existed.”
“Now that’s the last thing I would ever want, sweetie,” Tom replied, wrapping an arm around Patricia’s shoulders.  “It might be a bit weird, but you have been nothing but an angel to me and everyone else…with some minor quirks.  And I don’t just mean the werewolf stuff.”
Patricia giggled.
“I just get paranoid, you know; every time you leave the house and head into those woods alone.  Obviously you can handle yourself.  But I just keep thinking that you may not come back one night because of some loose cannon hunter or some fanatic monster hunter or something.”
Patricia looked up to her father, her lips trembling to want to say something towards that.  “That might actually change.”
Tom looked baffled as Patricia rose, heading to her desk, a computer monitor resting at the corner.  “I think I might have found someone like me.  I’m not sure yet, but he’s a really sweet guy.”
Tom’s brow slumped, unsure how to respond.  “How…can you be sure of that, Patricia?  Does he have proof or anything?”
“It wouldn’t matter to me if he was or not.  But he’s understanding about it.  We both have the some interests…and I think he would be ecstatic if he found out about me.”
“Honey,” Tom bellowed, “I don’t think its wise to just start spilling your feelings and secrets to a person you barely know.  I mean do you know how many sicko’s are on the web nowadays?”
“Not him, Dad.  I’ve actually been talking with him for months.  I even have his picture so I know what he looks like.  I mean it, he’s sweet.”  Patricia opened her desk draw, scavenging through her things until she picked out a printed page of a photo the guy she was talking about.  Tom seized it and examined the image.  The kid looked to be close to Patricia’s age, short brown hair.  Looked a tad meaty, but his face had a boyish charm.  Must be one of the reasons his daughter liked this guy.
“He even told me this interest story about a camping trip his family took when he was pretty young,” Patricia continued.  “He said he had gotten lost at night…and came across a black wolf; a very caring one.  He told me they actually camped near here, but…I haven’t told him that yet.”
“His family camped here,” Tom asked, a stern gaze sent back to his daughter.
“Yeah.  In fact, it was during the same month you found me.”
Tom looked back to the kid’s photo, but his mind became distracted by those recent memories of that night.  There was big trend of campers years ago, giving the parks and small towns around here some extra business.  Unfortunately, among them were some idiots who thought they didn’t need a hunting license to shoot anything small animal they could shoot.  When reports of gun fire and maniacal laughter and hooting was reported one night Tom was the first one on the scene, finding their hideabouts and detaining all the whackos, a total of four.
When his partners headed back to town to book the hunters, Tom stayed behind to make sure all the weapons and garbage left behind was confiscated.  He heard a small whimper coming from near the sight, flashing his light towards the sound.  He discovered a black wolf huddled near a tree, its arm wounded from a gunshot.  The poor thing was in pain and, despite its size, it looked like it was a pup.  He approached cautiously, not wanting to get his hand bitten off, to make sure the animal was stable.  It rose its head slowly and gazed Tom, petrifying him in place.  The fright passed as it lowered its head back down, whimpering.
Tom managed to move the animal, finding later that wolf was harmless.  It even seemed considerate, licking his hand and face as Tom talked to it, telling it he was going help.  The wolf was fast asleep once Tom got it into the backseat, remaining asleep as he pulled no stops to get the wolf to vet.  But by the time he got there, morning had come, and he was in for a shock as he got out of his car and went to open the passenger end.  In palce of the black wolf, a young girl was curled up against the leather seats, moaning.  She had the same bullet wound on her arm as the wolf.  At the last second Tom watched as the girls ears receded under her black hair and protruding fangs shortened back into her mouth.  It was like something out of a dream, in disbelief at what he was seeing.  The young girl mumbled in her sleep, crying for her mother.
That day remained glued to Tom’s psyche since.  Patricia didn’t remember much about her early life in woods, having boring new memories living with Tom and as a human most of her continuing life.  He made sure to keep all this a secret, only a select few of friends knowing there was a mystery with her.  Those people helped forged adoption papers to make her a legal citizen and Tom’s daughter.
“Dad?”
Tom snapped out of his thoughts, passing back the picture.  He remained silent till he forced a smile.
“So…any chance will I ever met the guy?”
Patricia smiled.  “That’s still in question.  I’m gonna see if I can contact him now.  I gave him a dare yesterday.  I wanna hear what happened.”
“A dare?” Tom questioned.  Patricia’s smile widened, and then Tom shook his head and raised his hands.  “Never mind, I don’t think I want to know.  Just promise me you won’t tell him too much about yourself, ok?  You still don’t know if this guy would really…you know, deal with…it.”
Tom left the room, grabbing his pistol and badge, the words “Sheriff” embedded on the bronze shield.  “Oh, and don’t forget.  You still have school today, young lady.”  He went to the front door, then paused, another paranoid concerning crossing his mind.  “Sweetie?  Does he go to school himself?”
“He graduated last year!” Patricia shouted back.  “He’s only one year older than me.  Is that going to be a problem?”
“Just checking,” Tom chuckled, closing the door behind him.

The programs on her computer take a very long time to load, finding time to brush her teeth and brush her hair.  There was still some small bits of dirt and grass in her hair, picking them out one by one.  Her mouth tasted like blood a bit, remembering the small little rabbit she hunted down.  It made her feel bad thinking about it, being it was such a cute thing.  But her stomach needed to be fed, and she only behaved like a wolf should.
After all that was done she went back to her room and checked her monitor.  The IM program had finally started up, only a few people she chats with were on or busy.  Her screen though was filled with a chat box designated from Devlin.  He had left a lengthening message for her.  Too bad he wasn’t still on.  Patricia sat down and read his note.
Hey there, Patricia,

um…hehe, I don’t know how to say this without sounding corny or crazy, but…well.
*clears throat* ^_^; I’m…really hoping you meant everything about all the werewolf stuff.  Because, well…this is going to sound nuts.  Last night, I kept my promise.  I howled; I let out my wild side…mostly in the house but I did it.  I don’t think you need to worry if we aren’t connected or anything…I mean, unless you didn’t feel anything yourself.
*sighs*…ok, here’s the thing, and please don’t freak out.  …I AM a Werewolf...

Patricia’s eyes focused on those last words.  Her heart began to pound as she repeated them silently, mouthing them.
Oh my god; is this true?
This could have just been Devlin’s way of trying to impress her, or he might be just exaggerating.  Maybe his experience last night was just a bit overwhelming…or he dreamed it.  A warm grin flourished over Patricia’s face, thinking about how she hoped Devlin wasn’t joking.
A thought occurred to her, thinking about her outing last night.  During her hunting, Patricia could have sworn she heard the howls of another wolf nearby, but it felt like it was in her head.  The more she remembered it, though, the more those mysterious howls from new carried a familiar voice or tone.  It almost cried out her name.
Was…that him?  Did I really hear him?
She shook her head, giggling, as she returned to reading his text message.

...Hope you’re still reading this.  Since you’ve been so fascinated with all of this I figure this may be exciting news.  I’m seriously not joking either.
The thing is, I don’t really recall what I did after I changed.  It’s kinda a blur.  But I woke up this morning, outside my own front yard…not…wearing any clothes ^_^;  That’s when I found out it was real.  I guess it was still early in the morning cause I hadn’t changed back completely.  I was still very hairy, brown fur almost everywhere, and my hands and feet looked like wolf paws.  My face felt like I had a short muzzle and my ears were completely pointed and hairy.  I had a TAIL!...

Patricia laughed, amused at the way he wrote his experience.  She knew Devlin wouldn’t make all this up; he was a terrible liar, even online.  And the way he described his situation was very similar to hers.  She looked above her bed, a wolf themed calendar hanging over the bedpost.  Although she didn’t need the verification, yesterday did say it was the starting of the full moon cycle.  When the earlier mornings came for her on full moon days, and she would awaken the same time, Patricia was delighted to see she was still wolfy.  Her coat would be half gone but it was still enough to keep her warm on chilly mornings.  Her tail would wag immediately as she rose onto her feet, concentrating to keep what still remained.  She would never admit it to her father, even though it must be common knowledge, but she loved being a wolf more than a human.  It’s why she was never so enthralled with school in the morning.

I slammed into a wall running back inside after, worried someone would see me.  I ran to the bathroom to look over everything that changed about me.  I ended up watching myself revert back to a normal fleshy guy.  Sure you like that, huh?
But…yeah, that’s what I wanted to tell you.  I definitely found a connection with my inner wolf.  It felt very good just waking up the way I was.  But I’m kinda worried.  I still don’t recall much of last night after, so I don’t know what I could have done.  I’m hoping I didn’t go out and hurt anybody…though there wasn’t any trace of blood or flesh on me.  Plus I didn’t feel like a killer beast the whole time.  But I don’t know if I have any real control over the wolf.
I wanna talk with you more on this, hope to god you’re not thinking me as a freak now.  But my boss called me in to work today.  I have to get ready…and I know you are at school so I probably won’t hear from you till later tonight…if I don’t change again and if I can type with my claws LOL.
Please write back.  Hope to hear from you.

Patricia’s heart was fluttering, resting back against her chair.  Her own inner wolf was stirring, somehow catching the message.  She didn’t expect this to happen, but if Devlin wasn’t really pulling her leg, then…Patricia might have finally found another werewolf.  She wasn’t truly alone.
I can’t wait to hear back from him.  I need to see if he could he could prove though, but even in his writing I know he’s telling the truth.  I can’t believe.  It’s almost like I’ve found my soul mate.
Looking at the clock, Patricia realized she would be late to school by this time.  Another angry teacher telling her to be more committed to school.  She grabbed the textbooxs and binders scattered around her room and stuffed them into her backpack, taking out all her extra clothes and supplies from last night.
She kept her emergency clothes folded near her bed, needing to remember to store them later before she took off again tonight.  She was looking forward to it.  It was an ultimate excuse for her father to not be cooped up in the house all night.  Whenever it was a full moon night her body was compelled to changed, not that she had any reservations with it.  It was better that it landed on a weekend, seeing how even in the day it was hard to change back, part of the wolf still physically present like from Devlin’s morning experience…
Before she could zip up her pack she froze…and then panicked.  Looking back to her monitor she reread Devlin’s note.  It was obvious that he explained what happened as if it was his first time.  He was new to this, if it was real…which she couldn’t deny it was.  Devlin wouldn’t know about the full moon’s effect on his inner wolf.  Granted she and her father discovered the full moon didn’t automatically cause the transformations, but something about its presences sparked the need to let the beast out.  Patricia could control that if she wanted to, having the experience.  Devlin didn’t.
“Oh god,” she muttered.  “And he said he was forced into work too…tonight.”
A frightening scenario played in her mind.  If it was true, Devlin’s emotions and instincts would be stable.  If someone where to piss him off, he could retaliate by pouncing them or just snarling like an animal.  But awkward embarrassment would be the least of his problems.  If the wolf physically manifested for the first time, it could try and force its way out again, especially if it sensed the full moon.  Devlin could change uncontrollable where he worked.  If anyone saw that, his reputation would be worried.  Or even worse, they could send animal control or the police and gun him down.
Patricia went back to her desk and took out a notebook, where she kept some of her personal thoughts and friend information in.  Devlin had told her where he lived one time.  Grabbing the town name she sealed it into her memory.
“Sorry dad,” Patricia moaned, dumping out her school stuff and putting back in her emergency cloths and some food and water.  “If anything happens to Devlin, it would be my fault.  I begged him to try out that dare.  I didn’t expect him to actually discover he was a werewolf.  But I can’t let his life get sidetracked because of me.”
Flinging the pack over her shoulder she headed out the door, walking down the road to town to the nearest bus stop.  She wouldn’t be able to get to Devlin’s town before night fall, knowing she would have to ditch the roads once the moon hit the sky and travel the rest through the woods.  The only mind-numbing thought passing in her head as she gazed down the long road was figuring out what she would actually do once she got to town.  She knew where Devlin lived…but not where he worked.

And I Howl back.

#12 2008-06-18 19:25:06

punxnotdead

Oooo, I just read your first chapter post, and I like it, though I can't read all of it because I still have to study. You have great talents, though. Jeez, you're multi-talented!

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#13 2008-06-19 01:43:55

CatWolf4891

Hehe, thanks.  Now I just need to work on focusing them a little more often (since I have the tendency to develop short-attentions spans on my works ^_^; )

And I Howl back.

#14 2008-06-19 06:04:36

CatWolf4891

Wow I'm fast.  Fifth chapter is ready...for now.  There are going to be edits most likely, and hope some of the text near the end isn't too explicit.  I never know anymore what people don't mind and what seems to heavy.  Comments and Critiques please.  Enjoy.

Howl (A Werewolf Story)
Chapter Five: Loss Of Control

“Hey Russ!”
    Russell jumped out of his skin, dropping the basket of office goods onto the floor.  He sworn under his breath as he turned to met Douglas.  “shite, man.”
    Douglas chuckled, covering his mouth.  “Guess you know how Devlin feels now.”
    Russell rolled his eyes back and grin, flopping his arms against his sides.  “Well, what up?”
    “There’s a customer at Front End that needs some help.  After that, I need you keep a close eye on Copy Center for the rest of the night.  We close in an hour anyways.”
    Russell looked puzzled, looking away for a moment.  “I thought that was Devlin’s job.”
    “He isn’t lookin’ well.  I just caught him asleep, looked like he managed to have one hell of an nightmare.  I’m worried about his complexion too; his skin looked all mixed with pale and hot colors, sweating feverishly.”
    “Really?” Russell wondered.
    “Yeah.  I think he might’ve caught something, so I’m sending him home and hopefully he’ll sleep it off.  Be weary though; if it looks as bad as I think, I may need you to cover for him tomorrow...”
    “Wait,” Russell interrupted.  “You sure he works tomorrow?  I’m only working the morning shift; I got plans for the night tomorrow.”
    Douglas eyes rolled back, thinking.  “I’m pretty sure Devlin is, seeing how Cynthia is still on vacation this week.  Anyways, it’s just a heads up if things go sour for Devlin.”

Devlin stumbled into the bathroom, gripping his chest.  The sudden rush of adrenaline swelling inside him was becoming too much for his heart.  A wild sting buzzed down his spine, causing Devlin to shout in agony, crashing to the cold sticky floor.  Flat against the concrete, Devlin’s strength seem to be waning as all energy was being drawn to something else, something very familiar and primal.  It was no mystery what was happening to him.  This wasn’t some sudden stroke or fever.  Devlin could feel the urge, the same creeping desire from last night, only he found he didn’t have much control over it this time.
    Please, Devlin begged in his thoughts, trying to reason with the wolf within.  Not now…not here.  It’s too…soon…
    The walls within the men’s room began to echo and hum violently, Devlin’s ears picking up the conversations of customers and employees outside the door, the hum of machines winding and running, of the fluorescent lights whining.  The smells; the smells were horrible to his nostrils, picking up the scent of several different traces of urine and waste, the chemicals of toilet and sink cleaner making his nose sting.
    It’s too much…too much…
    The world around him, locked in a confined concrete box, was growing violent and harsh, his senses unable to filter out all the noises and smells bombarding him during this time.  He needed to get away from it, from the busy noise and polluted smells, somewhere open and fresh.  Whether they were the needs of the wolf, Devlin began to second that yearning, wanting both the pain and agony to go away.
    Make it stop!  Devlin screamed in his mind.
    Pressure built at his mouth, discovering his teeth were bared, unable to hold back a volley of growls and snarls as he tried to climb back onto his hands his knees.  Discomfort continued to spread over his being, but as Devlin let loose his frustration vocally in an animalistic manner he felt some of the pain subside, acting out his inner beast somewhat relieving.  His legs were itching to rise off the ground, not just because the hard floor hurt the joints at his knees but because his body, his mind began to nag at him, that a quadruped posture was more natural and correct.  Instincts of the wolf began to flourish in his thoughts, making the sudden need to escape this claustrophobic and frightening place; escape back into the woods, the wild, all the more acceptable.
    The wild, Devlin spoke in his head, a part of him unsure if it was him talking still or the wolf. I…I want to go there.  It’s horrible here.  She could be there…
    Patricia’s cheery face flashed in his head, her words and plea echoing in his ears as if she was there with him, whispering.  Devlin wished she could be here right now, to comfort him and guide him.  Devlin didn’t know how Patricia could help, but just feeling her presence would be a comfort to his soul.  He didn’t feel right doing this, becoming a werewolf without her.  He wasn’t even sure whether or not he still be himself after the changes, recalling that he had no memory of last night, the wolf having had its fun without him.  He wasn’t even sure if Patricia would really even accept all this; remember she questioned her own doubt.
    “Pat..tric…a” Devlin moaned, his voice strained as it grew deeper and hard to speak.
    As his bones began to crunch and the heat over his skin boiled, Devlin realized he wasn’t going to have a choice this time.  A tear welled over his cheek, fearing that his life was about end…his social life anyway.  If anyone were to walk right this moment and saw Devlin’s transformation, the entire store would freak.  People would tell other people; a real werewolf at a office store.  Even if he never harms anyone during this night nobody would look at him the same way again.  If his parents found out...
    All his fear and worries were put on hold as a spark of pain hit his neck and shoulders, raising his head high and snarling madly in response.  The floor began to make a scraping sound, dark claws having sprouted out of his fingers and lengthening along the concrete floor.  His canines lengthened to fangs, tasting some blood over his gums as the rest of his teeth were reconfiguring.  A tug formed at his ears, feeling the skin and cartilage pull over his head and form wolfish points at the tips.
    Devlin’s head dropped, panting heavily as he tried to catch his breath.  The strain and ache that left him riddled in pain was somehow beginning to dull, despite that he could feel his form continue to reshape and shift.  There was still some discomfort from the twist and pull of bone and muscle, but now a familiar pleasant feeling began to ride over his body, making the current part of his transformation more tolerable.
    What…the pain…its barely there.  This…this actually…feels nice.
    One discomfort remained to nag at him, the increased heat and itch his work clothes dealt over his skin unbearable as his hair, his fur, began to grow and spread all over his body.  Devlin pulled off his shirt, tossing it to a side.  Immediately some relief flowed within him, the itchy hot fabric no longer plaguing him.  Looking over his upper body Devlin was shocked at how fast the fur had grown in such a short time, his chest practically covered with a thick creamy tuff while the rest was curled and patchy over his shoulders and sides.  He brought his hands to his face, saw how the skin over his palms tightened and thickened, discolored into black pads.  His fingers had become massive and rounded, taking a similar paw-like shape.
    Half grown wolf ears twitched to the sound of fabric tearing, coming from his pants.  His mass and muscle was shifting over his legs, that and the appearance of thick fur becoming too much for his pants fabric to support.  His feet were also swelling in pain, big black talons piercing the ends of his black leather shoes, fur burst around it.  Devlin whimpered as all he could do was roll onto his back and kick off the remains, his tattered shoes flying against the entrance way wall while his jeans and boxers simple gave up and ripped apart on the floor.
    Devlin slumped on the floor, whining at how he figured he’ll need to purchase some new clothes after this…if he still had a job.  Apart from that complication, Devlin did beginning to feel much better.  Nothing was cutting over the circulation of his legs or shoulders and it felt soothing to only feel the warmth of his own fur blanketed his skin.  Devlin rolled back onto his belly and rose onto all fours, his hands and feet now suitable for paws and a quadruped posture.  He began to stretch out his limbs and began to recall the same elation from this morning, liking how unrestricted it felt.
    This really isn’t bad, Devlin thought to himself, a little surprise his consciousness was still intact this time. I feel so alive, so…unusually content like this.  I…I want it to finish.  I want this now, more than ever.  I want to howl again without being judged…to howl like I want to…for Patricia.
    His tongue lolled out of his mouth, unable to stop panting as he eyed the men’s room sink.  He pushed off the floor and grabbed the porcelain sink with his forepaws, finding it difficult at the moment to stand back stably on his own digitigrade feet.  The mirror reflected his current form, a furry wolfman whose face bared some lingering resemblance to his human self.  His face was still fleshy, not including the mane around his cheeks, yet the shape was scrunched and protruding, already in the process of taking his wolfish form.  His eyes gazed back at him, the similar glowing embers from the other night.
    Look at me.  I’m not even human anymore.  Its weird thinking this, but I could care less now if I never change back.  This is what I am now, a wolf.  It’s what…I’ve always been…hasn’t it?
    For a moment Devlin’s mind seemed to wonder, allowing his lupine instincts to take over.  And from all the excitement he was feeling, the wolf wanted to express it the only way it knew how.  Lifting his head up, Devlin began to howl, his cry echoing inside the men’s room.  He continued to howl proudly, finding more reasons to enjoy this moment as pressure formed and exploded over his face and the base of his spine.  Elated whines and growls slipped through his blackened lips as the form over his face, his leathery snout and mouth, began to fuse and part at the upper lip, pulling out into a long lupine muzzle, extra teeth filling in the gaps.  An odd arousing sensation formed below him as a welcomed appendage pulled at his behind, a tail sprouting, automatically wagging to his glee.
    I hope you found your inner wolf, Patricia, Devlin thought, picturing her in her own werewolf form.  How I wish you were here with me…my mate.  Dropping to the floor on his paws, feeling the transformation ending, parading over his werewolf body, Devlin’s muzzled lips pulled back into a wolfish smile, howling once more.

A subtle whine began to slip through Patricia’s lips, her inner wolf sensing something in the air…something thrilling.  In her own thoughts, slipped into a mild dream as she snoozed on the bus, she had a vision.  She thought, for a moment, she was standing next to Devlin, watching him transform into his werewolf side right in front of her.  He looked scared and in pain at first, pain always something that never fades from her transformations.  But as his changes ended Devlin became enthralled and wild, panting as he turned to her, surprised and happy to see her.  She could somehow picture what he looked like as a werewolf, a tall strong build with a gorgeous brown coat and a creamy muzzle and underbelly that added to his adoring appearance.  His presence managed to stir her emotions, most concerning her attraction to him.  Devlin’s human form was already cute, but if this is what he looked like as a werewolf, then Patricia was eager to shed her own human form and feel the softness and heat of each other’s fur and body heat, a yearning she already had for him.
    Patricia awoke from her steamy dream, her heart racing and body aflame; the jagged rocking of the bus waking her.  She wiped beads of sweat off her forehead as she looked out the window, a sea of pine trees blocking her view of any city behind it.  A road sign was coming up.  Reading the letters carefully; the sunlight nearly gone away as the full moon, not yet bright enough to illuminate the land hung over the horizon, Patricia spot the name of the town Devlin lived in.  She was only a few miles away.
    And not too soon.  Patricia looked down over her lap and looked over her hands.  Black claws peeked under her nails, beginning to tear away, as very light overgrown black hair began to cover her hands.  She felt her face and found the same light patch of long hair covering her cheeks; licking her lips to feel elongated and sharp fanged canines.  She could even feel the base of her tailbone begin to throb, urging to grow out into her tail.
    It was strange though.  Patricia has had enough experience in keeping her instincts and changes under control, even during the first few hours of the full moon.  But Patricia began to realize it wasn’t the full moon that was causing her inner wolf to get overly excited.  Her thoughts and feelings towards Devlin, and the love and longing she had for him…the sudden baser desire swelling within her for him was what was causing her transformation so early.
    I can’t get him out of my mind.  He just looks so…so…sexy as a werewolf.  Picturing him again, Patricia began to feel her feet throb, the toes swelling and talons forming within her boots.  Patricia moaned, looking around the cabin to see if anyone noticed anything strange.  Luckily there was only a few passengers on board, and mostly asleep themselves.  This was as good a time to hike it as any.
    Grabbing her pack Patricia rushed to the front end of the bus, keeping her balance and cautiously stepping without tearing at her boots fabric.
    “Miss, you need to sit back down,” The bus driver instructed, overly agitated.
    “You need to let me off here, please,” Patricia asked, noticing her voice was becoming deeper.
    “Here?  Lady there is nothing but road and woods out here.  The next town isn’t more than a half an hour away.”
    Patricia growled, not wanting to get into a discussion.  “I know, but I just rather walk the rest of the way.  I like to hike.”
    “First off,” The bus driver replied, “You need to see a doctor about that throat problem.  Sounds like your voice is starting to go and that can be the first sign of a cold.  Second off, do you know how many whacko’s are out there, hiding around out in the open, just waiting form some one pretty thing to just wander innocently in the dark for the pickin’?”
    Oh great; he sounds like my dad.
    “Stop the Damn Bus, already!” Patricia snarled.
    That time got the bus drivers attention, coming to a halt wildly.  The other passengers were either startled, wondering what was going on up in front…or were still miraculously asleep.
    “Geez, fine you crazy b****.”
    The bus driver pulled back a lever and the bus doors folded up.  Patricia bolted out, racing towards the woods as fast as she could before she changed any more in public.  The bus driver was dumbfounded at both the speed and mental instability she seemed to have.
    “Hey!  Don’t say I didn’t warn you!”  He shouted out as the door shut closed, the bus moving a long.
    Patricia stopped a half mile from her run, deep within the woods as she caught her breath.  Her skin was beginning to bother her, the growth of small hairs under her blouse and shorts itching like hell.  Over the frustration with dealing with that annoying man, Patricia’s emotions were becoming hard to control, neglecting to patiently remove her clothes and instead tear them apart like a rabid animal.
    Blissful comfort immediately swelled over her once her bare body felt the cool night air over her hairy skin.  She continued to snarl wildly, the anger still lingering, as she stumbled forward towards a tree, resting her back against the bark.  She had forgotten to remove her boots, feeling her pawed feet gain relief as the fabric tore apart.  Her tail grew hastily, curling up behind her back to express her frustration…and sudden spark arousal.
    This was usually normal to Patricia, always a aspect of her lupine instincts overwhelming to control whenever she was incredibly excited or angry.  When she transformed under happier moments her behavior would become playful like a pup, chasing unknown entities for fun and generally acting like a thrilled animal.  She tried to keep that mood as best as possible, knowing that if she changed while upset, she could yearn to hunt, more so for the pure need to relieve some tension, as if taking down her prey came close to beating up the one that angered her.  It was kinda the same fear Devlin mentioned, not knowing if his wolf would become violent the next time he changed.
    Devlin…
    Patricia thought of Devlin as her face pushed out into her wolf muzzle, her form now shifted to her black furred werewolf self and the frustration ebbing away.  The vision of watching him transform into his own inner wolf began to plague her mind, his handsome form causing cravings for gratifying needs.  She began to pant, tongue lolled out as she stepped away from the tree, falling onto her paws.  Moonlight began to break through the branches above, causing Patricia to shudder in pleasure.  Tonight was a beautiful night to be a werewolf.  And it was even better with the knowledge her own mate had discovered his own side.
    Her ears went erect, picking up the faint sound of animal howling.  It could have been a dog, seeing how close she was to Devlin’s town.  But as that same howl sounded her lips pulled into a smile, heart rampant and tail lifted happily.  It was a wolf’s cry, a real wolf.  It was coming from the edge of the city; it had to Devlin’s.  Patricia became enthralled.
    Devlin…my mate.
    Chest heaved and head raised, she returned his cry, calling out to Devlin, letting him know she was here…and she was waiting.
    Tonight was indeed a wondrous night.

Last edited by CatWolf4891 (2008-06-19 06:05:03)

And I Howl back.

#15 2008-06-19 15:02:29

bloodlust
werewolf guardian
Website

great story,you really kept me reading!!!

"Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=152377

#16 2008-06-19 15:10:37

CatWolf4891

Thanks!  Hoping to get Chapter 6 up sometime tomorrow.  This is probably the first story I've actually begun to dedicate myself too in a long time.  Now I just need to find out how long I plan on pushing it ^_^;

And I Howl back.

#17 2008-06-20 02:53:26

Goldie

oooo, i can't wait, i love the chemistry. big_smile

#18 2008-06-20 13:10:00

punxnotdead

I definately agree. Your dialogue is structured nicely, as is everything else in the story (sorry for my short reply, I have to go to my party big_smile)

I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#19 2008-06-20 13:44:22

CatWolf4891

No Prob XD  Sounds like you're busy this month.

And I Howl back.

#20 2009-02-24 23:32:14

CatWolf4891

Hey all.  Remember me? big_smile

So I managed to get three new chapters done for the Howl series a long time ago.  After deciding to try and reconnect with the Cafe again I thought I should post the links to the chapters here if anyone is interested in a read.  To any viewers who has read the first five chapters I had gone over them with some edits and small added lines, so if you're interested, give the chapters a second read.

Chapter 8 will be coming soon...just been trying to think of a better idea to run it.  Until then, later smile

http://werekat-meow.deviantart.com/art/ … -104011901
http://werekat-meow.deviantart.com/art/ … -104268589
http://werekat-meow.deviantart.com/art/ … -104370479

And I Howl back.

Board footer