The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#51 2009-02-28 16:56:53

WerewolfLeaAnn

Re: Similar "coming out" process?

There, there is nothing wrong with that, it's the same with me.

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#52 2009-02-28 18:59:18

Greaver
Website

Shawn13 wrote:

OK, so last semester in my human sexuality class I learned about one of the coming out steps for GLBT people. I was pondering, is this particular process similar to how otherkin or "weres" come out?

This theory outlines the  coming out process as such:

1. Self realization (realizing you're different)
2. Acceptance to self that you're different
3. Telling close friend
4. Coming out to all
5. Pride stage
6. Integration - what was different about you is now a central part of your identity and not a "big deal."

Yes, no? If yes, what stage are you in?

Agreed 100%, also you can look at therianthropy in comparison to homosexuality also in the way that you didn't choose it but wouldn't have it any other way (though there are a few exceptions to the rule)

#53 2009-03-01 00:21:22

WolfVanZandt
Website

Daninsky, you're trying altogether too hard to disagree with me. And to do so you have to warp what I say.

Fact is, one of the reasons relationships mean so little any more is that people put so little effort into developing them. A relationship is like a garden. If you let it just grow without cultivating it, don't be surprised if weeds get into it. the no-fault, no effort relationship is a flaw of modern culture, not a virtue.

Board footer