The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-06-08 13:02:12

Daninsky
Website

Re: all werewolf books?

cjkrythos wrote:

Corpus Lupus - by Phil Geusz

OH, and if anyone knows of any good werewolf romance novels.  I see them occasionally and Ive been told some of em are actually decent. -CJ

Try Lori Handeland's Moon Books, lots of Werewolves and animal passion and they are plain fun to read.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#27 2008-08-14 22:48:28

Dragoniakmp
Website

Here's some

Kornwolf by Tristan Egolf
Ivy Cole and the Moon, and Luna by Gina Farago
Bestial: Werewolf Apocalypse by William D. Carl

And here are two non-fiction books worth checking out
the Beast of Bray Road
and
Hunting the American Werewolf by Linda s, Godfrey about werewolf-like creatures seen in Wisconsin and other states.

#28 2008-08-16 04:12:22

skinwalker
Website

there is also the book "skinwalkers" by tony hillerman. the book has really nothing to do with the movie, however in both a skinwalker is a native american witch with an animal spirit guide that can "morph" into that particular animal

You know what 'FEAR' stands for? It stands for 'False Evidence Appearing Real.' It's the darkroom where Satan develops his negatives.

#29 2008-09-17 14:33:31

cjkrythos

For those of you looking for a good sized list, Id like to pass along this.  I took what was posted here along with some other submissions from other forums, websites, and archives, combined them, and began maintaining a list on the Pack forums.  if you have a Pack membership, its posted in the books and novels section of the forums.

http://www.thepacksden.com/thepackboard … amp;t=7215

the list is probably around 300, ive never done an official count, but 300 books is a pretty good estimate all things considered.

wanted to thank you folks for submitting this list and helping me make such a large list on that site.

#30 2009-03-15 19:56:24

metalbeast

The Werewolf Of Fever Swamp

Werewolf Skin

Full Moon Fever

Werewolves Don't Go To Summer Camp

The Werewolf In The Living Room

#31 2009-04-14 23:11:02

sparrow123411

ok im new to the forum bt i was wodnering if anybody knew of any books that consist of strong werewolf halfman half wolf form at the same time and not one that turns into a complete wolf

thn x

#32 2009-04-14 23:21:46

punxnotdead

There are lots! Wereling by Stephen Cole. They're quadripes, but they're massive, hulking beasts.
Also, Steven King's Cycle of the Werewolf portrays Biped werewolves.
They also have the Underworld books out if you're interested.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#33 2009-04-14 23:30:29

LunarWolf900

Hmmm...I'll have to try and find these books. Personally I like "facts" and folklore about werewolves and other shapshifters. I don't remember the title of all the books on folklore I've had the chance to read, sorry, though I think one was called simply Lycanthropy filled with old stories and things about the werewolf hunts and trials in Europe. There's another book about the Beast of Bray Road, I haven't gotten the chance to read it but I'm sure that's worth looking into.
When I was younger used to read this series, Bailey Kids I think. Some of the adults were monsters. My favorite one was the creepy werewolf camp consellor, Mr Jenkins.

1f j00 c4n r34d 7H1s j00r Br33D1n' pR1V1L3g3s r h3R3By r3v0k3d

#34 2009-04-14 23:52:43

sparrow123411

im trying to find them at my local library but it seems the books are very limited, so if you guys could post a few more names that would be great thx

#35 2009-04-14 23:56:41

punxnotdead

Hmmm, if you want to find some other good stories, there are several here on this site that include biped werewolves. Like Grayle's Files From Dept: 118 (Very good story!)
Or Wolfsong's.

If you want some other good online stories, I know of a good friend of mine on DA who has an awesome story available.

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#36 2009-06-30 20:41:17

Misti J.

I have currently finished a werewolf romance novel. I need your help with coming up with some awesome names and details for battles for my next book. I will look forward from hearing from you

*Life is like a novel with the end riped out so cherish everything that is front of you while you can before it is gone*

#37 2009-07-01 23:18:21

Illeana_NightRain
Website

I can never find the 3rd book in Brigg's skinwalker series (The Mercy Thompson novels). She has another series called Alpha and Omega. Cry Wolf is the first one and the second one, Hunting Ground, is due out in August of this year. They're set a little bit earlier than the Mercy Thompson novels and have some of the same characters but  you don't need to read one series to understand the other.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#38 2009-07-05 15:00:40

TGPowell

LYCANSTEIN by.............................................well...............................................me

TG Powell

Do a google search. It can be found at:

www.xlibris.com/Lycanstein.html

www.borders.com

www.target.com

www.barnesandnoble.com

#39 2009-07-11 14:13:05

SolitaryHowl

Howling at the Moon and On the Prowl by Karen MacInerney. Great female werewolf romance novels, and they're funny too. Another one is coming out soon, called Leader of the Pack.

#40 2009-08-31 21:00:26

Fang87

Not werewolf books per sey but books where werewolves are central and/or consistent with the plot: Stephen King/Peter Straub's  The Talisman and its sequel and Patterson's Maximum Ride.  The Talisman features a werewolf that accompanies the main character for at least the first half of the book whilst avoiding "bad" werewolves. The sequel features a werewolf going on a killing spree with the main character from the original tracking him down as a detective. Maximum Ride features mutant clones with the ability to turn into wolfmen; they serve as the main antagonists throughout the book.

"It's like a party in my mouth except everyone's throwing-up." Fry - Futurama

#41 2009-09-01 09:23:17

UNODRAGONE
Website

I was fortunate enough to come across this series in a very old book store. The Howling series (1-3) by Gary Brandner will always peak highest with me smile Of course I paid about $5 for each one awhile ago and now the price online is staggering sad but if you can get your paws on it, I highly recommned it, it's an awesome read.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=s … 4&y=23

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist
within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to
break free from the abyss and move silently among us."

#42 2009-09-02 06:36:39

eddiequist

When The Autumn Moon Is Bright-Brian Easton
Heart Of Scars-Brian Easton
Ravenous-Ray Garton
Bestial-Ray Garton
The Dogcatcher-Michael Yowell
The Sticks-Andy Deane
The Kitty Norville series-Carrie Vaughn
Wolfs Trap-WD Gagliani
Wolfs Gambit-WD Gagliani
Ivy Cole and The Moon-Gina Farago
Luna-Gina Farago
The Wolfman-Nicholas Pekearo
Werewolf-Peter Rubie

These are the werewolf novels I own and have read or am going to read.

#43 2009-11-04 18:00:43

cjkrythos

Little update for this thread.

Ive been busy.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2804583/

I made a list of all anthro/furry/shapeshifter/talking animal/etc.... related books.  I have added books relating to werewolves in all forms of the werewolf genre, including romances, drama, mystery, horror, and otherwise.  I even just updated it with a number of werewolf and shifter related romance novels.  I spent two days hunting for information on possible books to add.  If you want to know what books in particular, please try googling the term "werewolf romance novels" without the quotes.  There should be about 10 sites(including several yahoo answers discussions) that should come up that discuss lists of WW romance novels.

I invite everyone to read the list and enjoy it.  It might not be entirely werewolf related, but there are plenty of books on there that are truly amazing.  I would like to suggest the spellsinger series(A D Foster), the Wolf series(Jane Lindskold), and The Chanur Saga.  I havent picked up many werewolf related series of books yet, so I cant suggest many of those.

Yes, the list is partially there as a way for me to keep track of the books that I own, so dont be surprised if I added tags in there telling what books I own or are looking for in particular.

ENJOY!!!

#44 2009-12-01 01:46:37

WolfMoon
Luna

Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. It has vamps and stuff too XP but all in all awesomely amazing series. My favorite.

And  Bloody Jo by me on writerscafe.org. Feel free to check it out.

Last edited by WolfMoon (2009-12-01 01:47:42)

[img]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i146/teknetic/qtsig.png[/img]

=^,,..,,^=

#45 2009-12-10 23:35:11

WereWolfH

Can anyone recommend a Werewolf book that the werewolf is a werewolf and not a wolf or a wolf man (I'll take the wolfman if it's scary)

thanks

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#46 2010-01-09 00:27:10

jonebele

Werewolf  is a great series. I read almost all the books and i can never put them down once I started read. I really love to read all the Werewolf books.
I think every body should read this series atleast once.

#47 2010-01-09 19:46:56

WereWolfH

jonebele wrote:

Werewolf  is a great series. I read almost all the books and i can never put them down once I started read. I really love to read all the Werewolf books.
I think every body should read this series atleast once.

you have an author to that? Plenty of "Werewolf" books. smile

#48 2010-01-10 22:35:02

choondooga

Also Kitty's House of Horrors.

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#49 2010-01-11 00:30:47

ArcLight
Website

Kitty rocks!

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#50 2010-01-12 18:45:08

WereWolfH

that sounds cool.

Board footer