The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-14 03:17:40

WolfInMe

Hybrid - New Film

Hey Everybody,

Definitely check out this great film I picked up at Dark Delacies in Southern California...didn't know to expect, but I was very surprised how good it was.  Similar to "Wolf" where it follows a spiritual journey rather than the typical horror mayham...some of the ads are a bit misleading, but it's worth it.  I could relate to the lead character's journey so much...it was amazing.  There are great montages where the character is connecting with the wolf energy...check it out!  The supporting cast is just okay.  Its not the greatest film you're ever see, but I think it's worth while checking out.

Website: http://www.darkdel.com/ - Great horror store and you can order it from there

Amazon Direct Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Justine-Ba … amp;sr=8-2

#2 2008-07-14 18:30:41

The Busboy
Administrator

Re: Hybrid - New Film

Thank you for that post WolfInMe!
P.S. I know that store, very cool.

#3 2008-07-15 02:48:29

WolfInMe

I got a cool werewolf necklace and book from Dark Del's as well.

#4 2008-07-15 05:42:40

WolfMontana

WARNING - SPOILERS FOLLOW

Yeah, I've seen this on TV twice now, though I've always missed the beginning. It's so so, bit stereotyped in parts, but the guys transformation is actually really well done - some lovely howling, golden eyes. And the wolves in it are beautiful smile Love the end too - he just ends up joining the wolves - though I think it's funny that they would have had to keep starting the guy ahead of the wolves to get him to run across the whole field with them. wink

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#5 2008-07-16 10:02:48

Dedwyre
Website

All reports I hear say this film is rubbish.  One person even said it makes "Darkwolf" look almost watchable.  Besides, with no actual wolf monster, it sounds like everything that was wrong with the ending of "Cursed" extended into an entire movie.

"Oh yeah, yeah, I know all about werewolves.  [Titanium] stakes, magic holy earplugs, I saw Howling 2."

http://dedwyre.deviantart.com

#6 2008-07-17 00:09:48

ArcLight
Website

I barely made it thru the first half hour when it showed on SciFi.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#7 2008-07-17 00:17:05

MarkOne
Website

I agree. The film was terrible. Sure the wolves looked good and everything, but the storyline was horrible!!! There was no substance and I couldn't even feel for the lead character at all. In fact, just about all of the characters were one dimensional.

There can be only one. MarkOne. smile

#8 2008-07-18 19:04:08

The Busboy
Administrator

Here's a link to the movie on imdb.com also:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0874917/

#9 2008-07-19 14:15:09

WolfInMe

Thanks for sharing your opinions.  Yes, the film is the best you're ever see, but for what's it worth...I still thought it was pretty good.  And being in movies myself...achieving the final result that everybody likes...not an easy task...it's all very subjective at the end of the day.

#10 2008-07-19 16:51:46

The Busboy
Administrator

I'm going to try to rent it if I can find it.

#11 2008-07-21 07:47:47

WolfMontana

One thing I'll say for it - at least they didn't screw up a werewolf suit. Very low key 'transformation'.

And I don't think Darkwolf is better than Hybrid.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#12 2009-03-08 18:34:53

WereWolfH

which one's Darkwolf? the one where they're in the precinct?

Hybrid I couldn't find a trailer. I missed it for the sci fi marathon

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#13 2009-03-18 23:59:09

metalbeast

Still Wondering If I Should See This Movie Or Not

#14 2009-03-19 11:20:09

alphanubilus

The movie was stupid, plain and simple. Yes they showcase some pretty wolves, but the truth is, you can see wolf docus in HD on the Science Channel (well providing you have an HD TV). You can watch "Growing Up Wolf" on Animal Planet. Both are engaging without the wonky story that doesn't make sense have the time.

This movie is stupid for many reasons, but then again that is the way of all "Direct-to-video" Sci-Fi moives... oops... SyFy movies. The story follows the events of a young man who gets implanted with the eyes of a wolf. Here is the first issue with the plot. Animal organs for the most part, are not compatible with humans. Recently scientists have found a few methods such as injecting pig embryos with human DNA to create pigs with organs, such as the heart or liver, that could be harvested and used in humans. While canine DNA and human DNA are very similar to is a LARGE suspension of belief to ever imagine somebody purposely replacing a man or woman's eyes with that of a wolf.

That is by far one of the largest issues with the story, it requires you to turn your brain off to all things common sense and enjoy the ride. Granted it is a fantasy-styled film, but you have to have some logic behind it. It reminds me of the loose logic used in the other SyFy turd, "Mansquito".

Another issue is the presentation. There are many places where the sound effects, such as growling, weren't in sync. It was shoddy filmed. A cheapo movie for dire hard werewolf fans who will accept anything werewolf. And people wonder why werewolf films are so terrible.

Board footer