The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-13 20:07:33

WritingWulf

Religious Therians

How does your being a therian, go with being religious? How does being a therian fit into your religion? What religion do you think it fit's in best with? Your favorite religious story that sounds like a therian type of story?

#2 2009-03-13 21:16:48

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Re: Religious Therians

oi.....me and ma mom....are christians....so im kinda.....i like it(half vampire half therian?)but not sure weather God thinks its ok...*war rages in my head*

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#3 2009-03-13 21:54:37

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Well, I like to think that I would have gotten where I am without Therianthropy's pushes, but it probably did affect me.  There are no "sins" or "predestinations" in Deism, only the universe and its creator, so there's not really much of a conflict, though I did worry a bit when I was a Christian (lol, back then...).  Therianthropy factors itself into everything in my life, religion included.
Now as for Christianity, there are plenty of Christian Therians like Wolf Van Zandt, and you can find them on the forum Christian Therianthropy: http://werecat.proboards31.com/

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#4 2009-03-13 23:14:38

Iceis The Husky
The Teal Husky
Website

Okay, I have something to throw out there for those who believe in God's wants. Does the Bible not say he loves all his creations, bad or good? If he didn't want something, he would eleminate it from the face of the Earth, no?

Think about what you're taught. smile

<3

#5 2009-03-14 14:06:25

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

you have a point...

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#6 2009-03-14 14:51:20

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yes, it's one made by alot of Christian-Therians, that their god creates and manages everything, so it must be his creation and therefore, he can have no problem with it.

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#7 2009-03-14 17:36:46

Daninsky
Website

But if you look at it that way your God can't have any trouble with anybody because according to the Christians he made everybody the way they are...

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#8 2009-03-14 17:37:20

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

yay!!im not like smeagol!!i love myself not both love and hate myself!!*thinks*that was wierd...

#9 2009-03-15 20:55:58

WritingWulf

I've always liked different Pagan ways of looking at things toward therianthropy, specially when I see shamanism referenced. ^^

#10 2009-03-30 23:06:28

lupen the wolf

Yay! Religious discussion, my favorite.
I don't really follow any particular religion (though I guess you could call me a shaman) so therianthropy fits where it does.

Okay, kinda off topic, but what is Deism? I've done allot of research on religion and I've never heard of it.

ego sum quis ego sum....

#11 2009-03-30 23:56:41

WritingWulf

lupen the wolf wrote:

Yay! Religious discussion, my favorite.
I don't really follow any particular religion (though I guess you could call me a shaman) so therianthropy fits where it does.

Okay, kinda off topic, but what is Deism? I've done allot of research on religion and I've never heard of it.

I agree with that, Shamanism really brings out some Therian-like topics.

#12 2009-03-31 22:08:09

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

lupen the wolf wrote:

Okay, kinda off topic, but what is Deism?

Deism refers to monotheist reason-based-religion.  In other words: I believe in a single god, but I don't believe in supposedly divinely revealed ideas like the Bible, only that which is observed in science and nature.  You should do research if you're more curious than that, of course you should remember that Deism is an extremely abstract concept, and there are many different personal takes on the subject.

#13 2009-04-01 10:14:52

lupen the wolf

That actually sounds a little like what I belive. That the creator made the world and then left it go on it's own.

Neat!

ego sum quis ego sum....

#14 2009-04-01 17:26:24

theindiankid

I'd like to say that I have no religion, as in an established belief system, but rather a few guidelines of how to live my life. I try to follow the examples of animals to see the "moral" and direct way to handle things. All I really try to do is be divine in my own right and help others tune into their subconscious. I don't see it as a matter of whether I believe there is a "god" or "higher being", but rather something beyond our understanding that we use to justify our actions/the creation of our world.

I guess you could say I'm shooting to become a shaman. That would be sweet.

Last edited by theindiankid (2009-04-01 17:27:53)

Board footer