The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 19:36:05

wolfblood17

Ruby Caves chapter 1: Hell's Basement part 2

Sorry this post is so late...

Snarling through clenched teeth, he put his hands down.  After a moment, the ringing in his ears stopped.  He looked around dazedly, rubbing his temples against a migraine.  His wife, Sierra had her back to him.  She was crouching, hissing through her teeth.  He stepped toward her and pulled her arms down.  She jerked out of his reach, turned her back to him. 
    High pitched whimpering could be heard from the cage.  Whipping his body around, he snarled at the werewolf.  It was touching its broken wrist lightly, trying to snap its hand back into place.  Blood ran in tendrils down the werewolf’s arm, dripping from its elbow onto the floor.  A puddle of blood was forming at the creature’s feet.  It glanced up and roared at Adrian.  The werewolf’s eyes were glowing red orbs.  The fury was almost tangible as its eyes bore into Adrian.
    He briskly walked to a door on his right.  It was a steel door with a small, frosted window near the top.  He pulled it open and stormed in.  The steel door bounced off of the wall with a loud crack.  Freezing air enveloped his body as he stepped deeper into the room.  The stench of decaying flesh wafted through the air.  He glanced at the source of the smell.   
    A large, butchering table sat in the middle of the room.  The remains of a pig lay on top of the table.  Sickly green-pink intestines fell over the edges of the table and onto the floor.  The hind legs of the pig were gone.  The head was cut clean off the body with a cleaving knife.  Each cut in the body was precise.  Cuts made only by an experienced butcher.  Adrian was the experienced butcher, cutting the pig in pieces as food for the trapped werewolf. 
    Blood stained the ceiling and bare light bulb dangling over the body.  The bulb was not turned on.  When it was, the air of the room was cast in a dark red hue.  He walked in the darkness with an uncanny ease no human had.  Adrian stopped at a wide black marble counter.  An assortment of butcher knifes were set on the counter in no particular order.  He quickly scanned the counter for the knife he wanted. 
    “gently caress,” he snarled.  The knife he wanted wasn’t sitting on the counter.  He turned around and stalked to the other side of the carcass.  The cleaving blade was imbedded deep into the pig’s spine.  He gripped the wooden handle and tugged viciously.  Thick chunks of flesh hit the floor with a fleshy smack.  Strips of rawhide clung to the sharp edge.  He wiped the skin off the knife with his palm.  He kicked the door shut as he walked out. 
    Sierra was on her knees beside the still whimpering werewolf; stroking the fur on its right cheek.  Her shoulders were slumped against the werewolf’s muscular chest.  The werewolf looked up at Adrian and tried to crawl away backwards.  She looked up and gasped when she saw the butcher knife.  Adrian advanced on them quickly, shoving Sierra out of the way.  He gripped the werewolf’s ankle in mid crawl and yanked it back.  It yelped when its chin hit the floor.   Adrian let go of the werewolf for a brief second.
    The werewolf scrambled up, trying to flee.  Arian could feel his finger nails extending to long claws.  A furious snarl escaped as he ducked down, gripped the werewolf’s throat, and jerked it to its feet.  He let go, then savagely kicked the werewolf in the stomach.  It stumbled back a few feet into its cage and wheezed for breath.  Adrian kicked it in the lower jaw, it yelped again, and fell onto its back.  He advanced lifting the large knife.  The werewolf’s gleaming red eyes widened, but it was too late to react.
    Air whooshed as the blade swung down on the arm, right above the broken hand.  Blood squirted into Adrian’s face and into his eyes, momentarily blinding him.  The werewolf howled in pain; Sierra gasped behind him.  Adrian blinked a few times, getting the blood out of his eyes.  He swung again; the sickening crunch of bone was loud in his ears.  Adrian brought the blade down yet again, more bone crunching and tendons tearing.  On the last swing, the severed hand slid through the thick puddle of blood on the ground. 
    The werewolf groaned and lifted its now useless left arm in front of its face.  Pushing down on the remaining arm for leverage, the werewolf quickly helped itself up.  Adrian shook his head and walked through the cage door.  Droplets of blood dropped from the butcher knife, following in his wake.  Sierra glared at him but didn’t dare speak.  He slammed the cage door shut without looking behind him.
    He pulled a cell phone out of his black jogging pants.  He opened it, dialed a number, and put it to his ear. 
    “Hello,” a voice answered on the second ring.  The person said it while their mouth was full. 
    “Jabari, you need to get back to New York immediately.”
    “What’s the emergency?  I’m going to leave here in two days.” Jabari said.  He swallowed, and coughed.
    “Andre has killed eight people in a week.  I’ve never seen a newly turned werewolf as gently caressing insane as your son.”
    “Oh gently caress, eight people?” Jabari whispered hoarsely into the phone.  Clanging silverware and voices could be heard over the silence.  Jabari put his hand over the phone and said something.  A moment later, none of the background noise could be heard.  “Anything else I should know?”
    “Your son only has one arm now.  He was so desperate to escape; he almost killed me and your mother in the process.”
    “So you cut off his arm?” his voice was raised, angry.
    “I couldn’t control him any other way.  I’m getting too old to be watching monsters like your son.  You need to control him yourself.”
    Jabari sighed on the other end.  “All right,” he said, resigned, “I’ll be there tomorrow afternoon.” He hung up.
    Adrian snapped the phone shut and put it back in his pocket. 

The hunter saw everything in different shades of greens and grey through the night vision binoculars.  He was concentrating on the werewolves in the basement. 
Looking for any weaknesses his prey might have.  It was difficult for him to find any because of his angle.  He could only see the heads of the werewolves; he was sitting in a black Mercedes across the street from the apartment building.
    Despite the disadvantage of his angle, he still concentrated hard.  Adam Case already found one weakness.  One of the werewolves only had one arm.  With the adults he could see, finding their weaknesses was exceptionally difficult.  He still concentrated hard though.  A loud voice broke his train of thought.  He gasped lightly and blinked, putting the binoculars down. 
    Scowling, he shifted in his seat to glare at his son.  William was talking to someone on his cell phone.  He was also looking through the binoculars, obviously not concentrating. 
    “Sarah, calm down.  I thought I told you I was going out tonight.” He said quickly into the phone.  A small, feminine, and furious voice yelled at him.  Adam could hear unbearably loud expletives coming out of the receiver.  William winced, pulling the phone away from his ear.  When he thought it was safe, he put the phone back to his ear.
    “I’m helping my dad with something.  From what the U.S. Constitution says, helping my dad isn’t illegal.” William shot back.  He finally noticed his father’s glare and swallowed. 
    “Hurry up with this conversation of yours.  We have a job to do.” Adam growled.  William nodded and then grinned.
    “I think I’m winning this argument,” he snickered.  His snicker was scared silly and scampered back down his throat when another string of excessively loud expletives was unleashed.  It was Adams turn to snicker.
    There were three things Adam learned from William’s relationship with Sarah.  1) Being the husband to the toughest cop on the NYPD can be a real b****, 2) never mock the U.S. Constitution to piss off Sarah and 3) pissing off Sarah can mean staring into the face of She-Hulk.  Adam shivered, considering himself lucky because he wasn’t getting his ass chewed by the woman.  She terrified him sometimes.
    “Which street are you headed for?” William asked shakily into the phone.  “Oh, well have fun with that.” he said a second later.  He hung up the phone and put it beside him on the backseat.  He scratched his day old stubble and looked at Adam. 
    “She was mad at me for not telling her I was going to be out tonight.” William said.  Adam raised his eyebrows and lifted his head in a slight nod.  He turned away and looked back at the apartment through his binoculars. 
    “Your wife really does scare the shite out of me sometimes.  That’s one reason I don’t stay in a relationship for too long.” Adam threw his head back from the binoculars and laughed.  William laughed for a moment with his father. 
    His laugh died down, but the grin stayed plastered on his face.  “Oh, which street are we on again?  I didn’t pay attention to them.”
    Adam shook his head.  He told William the street they were on.  The grin on William’s face dissolved into a tight line.  “Is the cruiser your wife is riding in headed toward us?” William nodded, and swallowed audibly.
    Adam heard sirens and turned his head to look out of the wind shield.  His heart skipped a few beats.  The perfect in-and-out plan he had was turning into one of those slasher movies where the babysitter has to save the kids.  Tonight was going to be a bad night.  The police cruiser was just about to turn the corner.
    “Oh gently caress,” Adam hissed. 
    William groaned and picked up the shotgun on the clutter-free floor.  Adam picked his 9mm semi-automatic pistol off of the dashboard.  The cruiser was screaming down the street.  The cruiser screeched to a stop a few feet ahead of the Mercedes.  The revolving lights on the top of the car sent shadows dancing across the street and apartment.

big_smile (with fangs!)

#2 2009-04-21 14:47:28

Goldie

Re: Ruby Caves chapter 1: Hell's Basement part 2

hmm, ok this could go somewhere, i wonder where you'll gp next. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#3 2009-04-21 14:56:13

wolfblood17

Re: Ruby Caves chapter 1: Hell's Basement part 2

Everyone will find out soon enough, I'll give you a hint though...It has to do with revenge...

big_smile (with fangs!)

Board footer