The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-14 20:21:41

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

Wolf Therians (and other therians) :)

Hey on this forum we can just chat about ur thoughts on therians, being therian, ur therian animal/s etc. just a random forum where we can talk bout therian stuff

Btw, ive noticed wen talking to sum therians that they count their animal as part of them, and others speak about it in 3rd person context. So i was just wondering;
How do u feel about ur animal? Is it a part of u, a seperate thing, both, or somethig else?

"Do not meddle in a werewolfs business - it is private and you will never get a straight answer"

#2 2009-04-14 20:32:38

bdk336
Website

Re: Wolf Therians (and other therians) :)

Hey I'm just going to copy and paste my response to your other topic on here so other people see it:

I'm not a therian so I couldn't tell you. However I do know that alot of people, myself included, use the third person when talking about a certain part of their personality. It is very difficult and confusing to refer to one aspect of oneself in the first person. Then again I'm not a therian and I don't know any offline so I can't say anything for certain.

#3 2009-04-15 00:18:40

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

bdk336 wrote:

I'm not a therian so I couldn't tell you. However I do know that alot of people, myself included, use the third person when talking about a certain part of their personality. It is very difficult and confusing to refer to one aspect of oneself in the first person. Then again I'm not a therian and I don't know any offline so I can't say anything for certain.

cool thanks smile

"Do not meddle in a werewolfs business - it is private and you will never get a straight answer"

#4 2009-04-15 16:58:37

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

I'd say, I used to refer to it in the third person, as a separate aspect of my personality, before I realised I was a therian. After finding out I was, I've been far more ready to accept it as a part of myself and not someone/something separate.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#5 2009-04-15 22:21:16

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Yeah, if it's something separate, it's not therianthropy.  That's a common confusion between Therianthropy and things like totemism and daimianism.
I try not refer to it in third person (if you count that as third person, you're defining it to broadly) because it leads to confusion.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#6 2009-04-15 22:26:15

bdk336
Website

SherlawkDragon wrote:

Yeah, if it's something separate, it's not therianthropy.  That's a common confusion between Therianthropy and things like totemism and daimianism.
I try not refer to it in third person (if you count that as third person, you're defining it to broadly) because it leads to confusion.

As far as the technical definition that is in the third person. But I agree with what you are getting at, you still talk about it in the third person when you recognize it as a part of yourself, as opposed to actually talking about it like it is a separate entity. ("it" in this case is referring to ANY aspect of oneself, not just therianthropy)

#7 2009-04-16 10:23:53

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

smile

#8 2009-04-16 15:24:30

ShadyHowl
Token British Wolf

Think it depends on your personal feelings and how open you are to your animal side. I tried to separate myself from it by referring to it in the third person, when truthfully I was intrinsically linked to it. So it's a matter of perspective, really.

Disclaimer: I am actually female.

#9 2009-04-17 10:01:40

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

ok, cool smile

#10 2009-04-17 17:12:19

therian44
Barry Burton's lover
Website

My wolf side IS me, but I often refer to her in third person

Run, wolf warrior, to ends eternal
Through the wreckage of the death of the day
Scent of silence under starlight spinning
A captured beast within a human skin

#11 2009-04-17 22:44:18

lupen the wolf

The way I see it, if it's in your head, then it's a part of you. But maybe I'm just over simplifying things....

ego sum quis ego sum....

#12 2009-04-17 23:04:52

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

therian44 wrote:

My wolf side IS me, but I often refer to her in third person

Yes. Exactly how i feel smile i often do that

#13 2009-04-18 19:27:08

WerewolfLeaAnn

haha ive done that before.....

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#14 2009-04-18 23:04:26

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

GhostDog wrote:

SherlawkDragon wrote:

If you mean Daemonism, then eh? Your daemon isn't separate to you, your daemon is a part of you. So no, not separate. Yes, 'it' is referred to as he/she and so on but the belief is that the daemon is not separate to you.

I like to spell it like that because "Demon" and "Daemon" sound like something else, but "Daimon" works and is allowed.  I guess by separate, I mean it's not showing itself as a separate voice and avatar, it's you yourself and the way you think and feel.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#15 2009-04-19 07:49:35

Yuri_Araxia_Akela
Website

GhostDog wrote:

Basically, I feel my 'theriotype' is me, despite occasionally referring to that part of me in third person. At best, I only do it inside my head, to differentiate between all the things that are going on, and even then, rarely. But it simplifies things when you want to refer to that part of yourself as 'he/she/they' etcetera, especially when talking with others. Saying 'the part of me that is a dog' or gets a little repetitive, and confuses others somewhat.

Bearing in mind that this is just my opinion smile

yeah smile

#16 2009-04-24 09:33:52

WerewolfLeaAnn

Well, that makes a lot of sense, being serious.

i tend to not talk a lot about the wolf side, it tends to get sort of annoying, and i find nothing special in it, so.....

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

Board footer