The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-03 14:25:46

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Chase

Here is a short story that I created around last Halloween. Enjoy.

Chase

A fog rolled among the trees which were moaning in anticipation. For in the distance screams could be heard echoing through the forest. The sound grew louder as the fleeing woman drew closer. She ran into sight and dogged around the trees. She was panting and letting off broken screams into the night. Her foot made contact with a crooked root. It pulled her to the ground with a loud thump. She briefly lost consciousness.
    As she regained wakefulness a pair of red malevolent eyes appeared staring at its prey through the dark underbrush. The creature slinked towards its victim who had no energy left to run. A deep growl issued form its throat as it came nearer and nearer. The woman laid petrified in its stare. It leapt and in the distance a last rebounding scream was heard. 
    A group of hunters heard the last call of the dying woman and ran to her aid. As they approached the scene one fell to his knees and wept for the woman, his wife. Nothing was found recognizable in the attack zone. The man stood up with a fire in his eyes and gave chase to the creature who was just out of range. The creature ran off into the night and the man soon lost all hope of finding it. As he made his way home he could hear the gloating howl of the demonic creature following in his wake.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#2 2009-05-03 14:43:09

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

Re: Chase

ooh!nice.write more.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#3 2009-05-03 18:57:34

Vindicator
Website

Thanks I'm glad you liked it. Its probably one of the best pieces I have written. I tend to do better on small scale writing than larger projects.

#4 2009-05-03 19:05:06

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

well thats fine.just make more and ill be happy.i like less.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#5 2009-05-03 19:13:00

Vindicator
Website

Will Do.

#6 2009-05-18 01:16:15

Vindicator
Website

FYI another short story that is along these lines should be around soon enough. I'm excited it has a TRANCE-like quality to it.

#7 2009-05-18 23:30:12

punxnotdead

Very nice descriptive talent! I really liked it, despite the fact that it was shorter. Very nice!

I'm an aspiring bodybuilder! smile
"Be yourself to be free." - The Unseen
I <3 SMALLVILLE!!!

#8 2009-05-19 00:25:37

Vindicator
Website

Thanks Punx I'm glad you enjoyed it. big_smile

Board footer