The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-11 01:02:33

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Written alot, but hear me out: am i a therian?

Hi, i am lost... I cannot smells people yet, well, not from a distance, but i can smell all kinds of food in a supermarket as i pass, i feel a strong connection wih animals, especially canines, and i have lashed out, notalways by physical attack, but growling, yipping when surprised, and automatically bending down submissvly when i am told i did something wrong. I used get sick or edgy on the full moon, (now more edgy than anything) and my 'cycle' is on or around the new moon. help, i dont know anybody in my town who knows anything about the supernatural or is a werewolf or vampire. please help me.... i have been like this all my life, growling tracing back to at least grade 3. ive had wolf dreams, but not about pursuing prey or being in a den, but ive been a wolf in many dreams. I know im a black wolf, from my dreams, no clue how i even know that. im also allergic to almost all fruits and vegetables unless they are cooked or heavily [processed, and then i figured out wayy later wolves cannot digest raw enzymes in fruits or vegetables.  i need to know if im crazy or legitimately a werewolf....

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#2 2009-06-11 01:08:35

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Re: Written alot, but hear me out: am i a therian?

Interesting, many of the physical reactions you are describing is natural for any mammal which includes humans. Being able to smell food is nothing odd, and people are easy to smell as well, because being a mammal humans also have a wide range of pheromones that are released. The other stuff like growling I really can't say much on as I have no experience with it. Dreams can be suggestive, but as such the only person who can decide if they mean anything is you. Also the with the whole concept, it is ultimately what you make of it and no one else can decide it for you.  I hope that made sense. Good Luck with your investigations into self. wink

Also it is nice to make your acquaintance, so Welcome to the Cafe'. big_smile

Last edited by Vindicator (2009-06-11 01:09:59)

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#3 2009-06-11 01:46:58

WolfVanZandt
Website

Also, Werewolves are no more (or less) supernatural than the usual run-of-the-mill human. In fact, in a way, they're much more "natural".

#4 2009-06-11 19:00:01

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

thank yo both Vindictor and WolfVZ! big_smile
i agree werewolves are much more natural than humans, and yes, Vin, it does make sense, and i will read into it! thanks for the help and warm welcome!

-Andre Gide

#5 2009-06-11 19:03:26

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Glad it was of use and mostly glad it just made sense.wink

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#6 2009-06-11 20:49:03

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

smile

-Andre Gide

#7 2009-06-11 21:09:35

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, I'm always very surprised when I manage to make sense....

#8 2009-06-11 23:41:24

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

hahaha! big_smile
lol, but as far as i know, im a therian. i belong here. ill just stick with you guys. smile

Last edited by AshenWolf (2009-06-11 23:44:44)

-Andre Gide

#9 2009-06-12 22:51:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

Then enjoy it, and see if you can't find some of us in real life to meet. We're out here.....

#10 2009-06-14 17:33:26

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Nope, nothing you said, aside from the dreams, tells me you're a werewolf.  So I'm gonna say you're not.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#11 2009-06-18 00:58:58

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Thanks for all your advice!
Can you all tell me what being a werewolf is like for you? It might be easiier for me to compare that way, to be sure if i am. Plus, you all are such nice people, with many interesting stories. If its okay, could you tell me more of yourlife, discovery, and habits as a were?

-Andre Gide

#12 2009-06-18 03:21:55

WolfVanZandt
Website

I hate to be obtuse but that's another hard question, because I have nothing to compare it with. I've never been anything other than a Werewolf so I don't know what being a Werewolf is like simply because I don't know what not being a Werewolf is like.

Well, that's not exactly true - I'm empathic so I know somewhat what it's like not to be a Werewolf. For one, the people around me are very selective in their focus. They only pay attention to what they want to pay attention to. I can't help but to pay attention to everything so I end up picking up on a lot of things I'd really rather not know about. I'm naturally shamanistic so I can be walking down the street and suddenly find myself in Dreamtime. I'm quite aware that I don't really have a tail, but when i sit too long on church pews, I find it hard to ignore that my phantom tails hurts (or stings if I cut the circulation off). On the other hand, I can use it to help me maintain balance on rough trails. When I'm hosting a Howl, I have to do very little organizing because when Therians get together, they synchronize and simply do what needs to b e done when it needs to be done. We're an odd mixture of individuality and hive mind. I can lay down next to a waterfall and simply soak up the energy pouring off of it. Crowds drive me crazy with the empathic overload. I can pick up on every little game the people around me are playing and Mainstreamers are constantly playing games - it drives me to distraction. Daylight is too bright for me - that's why I prefer the night. A clear, clean night is like being inside a diamond - it's dazzlingly beautiful.  And on and on. In order to tell you what it's like for me to be a Werewolf, I'd have to tell you everything about my life and I just can't do that. Not enough time or space on this forum.

#13 2009-06-18 15:58:40

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

thank you WolfVanZandt, what you say makes alot of sense. You have been nothing but a were, but you are very perceptive and receptive, a trait i myself have been given, from buth pparents and peers. ive always been an evesdropper, since i was old enough to understand words., so i know what you mean by findinbg things out youd rather not know about, simply because your curious and always alert. I much prefer the night as well, and i live in a ruralish place so im blessed with always being surrounded by trees. I know what you mean by your tail, although i do not have even a phantom one, but you are a wolf trapped in a human body, and if you believe in heaven, you'll be a wolf again there big_smile Crowds drive me absolutely nuts, and i even freak out to the point im almost growling, and crouching back in a corner, which, despite odd looks ive been given, i have done under such stress.
Your very very kind, and i thank you soo soo much for sharing with me, WolfVanZandt. Its not hard to identify with yiu, and i beleive that you have probably become one of the most respected wolves on the site, simply because of your kindness and willingness to share and assist. Thank you.

-Andre Gide

#14 2009-06-18 23:33:28

WolfVanZandt
Website

Actually, I don't see myself as a wolf trapped in a human's body. I see myself as a Werewolf. Be g'luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

#15 2009-06-19 13:09:28

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

thank you big_smile

-Andre Gide

Board footer