The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-08 21:05:23

WereWolfH

Anyone read the 90s comic book Dream Wolves?

what's this about?

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#2 2009-03-09 07:44:15

Daninsky
Website

Re: Anyone read the 90s comic book Dream Wolves?

Well, I read it but I'm afraid apart from the author, if even, nobody knows what that comic was supposed to be about. hmm

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-03-09 08:43:44)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#3 2009-03-09 08:22:12

WereWolfH

hmmm

#4 2009-03-09 08:42:33

Daninsky
Website

The fact that it never really came to an end but simply stopped to be published (or so it seemed) didn't help either.
Essentially it's one of those typical indy comics that swamped the market.
It's been an uneven style mix throughout using computer manipulated graphics and actual drawings, showing he was still struggling to find his way.
And as disjointed as his art style was the story, although I think he did cut some of the crap and actually try to tell a cohesive story for the last few issues, not sure about that anymore.

Last edited by Daninsky (2009-03-09 08:43:14)

#5 2009-03-09 12:18:45

WereWolfH

oh probaby b/c it didn't sell well that's why it abruptly stopped. And the art if it was done by more than one style or artist (probably this) then it was b/c the artist #1 was too slow or cost too much money or wanted to retain rights to it and sell it for his own greed.

Wow so it wasn't good then huh, i saw it at my store and was gonna buy it b/c it's werewolves. But i hear it's a werewolf vampire????

#6 2009-03-13 19:00:32

The Busboy
Administrator

Here's a link to the comics for you:
http://www.presedo.net/checklist.html

#7 2009-03-14 13:07:55

WereWolfH

wow that's cool. Wish it had summaries in it of the storylines of the issues

#8 2009-03-23 22:50:08

TheWolf

Actually the story is about a young girl named Desiree Cupio, who has lupus. She is being stalked by a werewolf named Carnifex, who unfortunately ran afoul of a vampire whose name was never given, but who has a companion named Louis, and happened to be standing near a poster advertising the band "The Vampire Lestat" when Carnifex just happened to find him. Carnifex is actually the only one who is a vamp/wolf hybrid. There were 2 incarnations of Dreamwolves...the Draemonom(hope I spelled that correctly) one, and the London Nights Studio one. They both starred Desiree, and Carnifax, but had 2 totally different plotlines. The second series(The Dramenon one), was much more meta-physical. I never understood if Desiree was an actual werewolf, or only manifested as one in dreams(hence the Dreamwolves title). The London Nights version was much more coherent, and lacked the vamp element in the second incarnation. It also lacked the digital/photo element of the second version. So there it is. If you have anything more specific to ask, by all means please feel free. I can also try to locate my copies of the books(my comics are all at my sisters house in the attic, so that could take some time...possibly months), and scan them, and either post, or e-mail them to anyone interested. As long as you are not in a hurry...LOL.

I am Leloo, The Wolf
The Merciless, The Wolf

#9 2009-03-24 07:39:34

Daninsky
Website

A then I have the Drameon (or whetever it was spelled) ones, never knew that the LNS ones where different from those, I simply assumed them to be British cover variants.

#10 2009-03-24 14:34:33

TheWolf

Nope. Totally different plotline, and the whole story played out in the 3 issues. I actually preferred the second series as the combination of drawing, and digital additions all looked pretty cool, and not something I had seen up to that point. The story could have been a bit more cohesive though. If you want a fairly interesting werewolf comic story try a copy of The Hunting. Done by Raefel Nieves, and Andy Dimmit, and published by Northstar comics, it was a one issue story that was actually pretty good. Or not if you don't like to see werewolves being hunted. LOL.

I am Leloo, The Wolf
The Merciless, The Wolf

#11 2009-06-25 03:16:49

AlexApprobation
Website

I remember this series.  One the first titles I followed when I first got into comics.  Thanks for the link, Busboy... I had the Dramenon Studios versions, #5-8.  Couldn't find any others then or even years later.  hmm

B. Alex Thompson- Freelance Writer
Blood Shells & Roses, Amour, & Lethal Instinct for Arcana Studios
ChiSai, Chaos Campus, & Vampires Unlimited from Approbation Comics

Board footer