The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

#1 2009-06-26 19:56:12

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

Hi big_smile
Just wanted to make a fun topic about if you acted on your animal side (wolf or other) at an inconvienient time?
Growl at the teacher? Chase Your neighbors cat? (jk)
Share your stories please big_smile

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#2 2009-06-29 00:27:13

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Re: Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

Oh yeah, I usually make this thread, I use the title "licking your in public" for it, 'cause that's a big one.  For me though, I do alot of things, they don't embarrass me because the people I know know about it, and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#3 2009-06-30 02:13:01

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

lol awesome you start most of these :p i do alot to, but not alot of people know, so they look at me funny haha. good for you that yove learned not to care, i hope i get to that point soon big_smile

-Andre Gide

#4 2009-07-01 13:45:23

shadowfox
Website

I'd say when my girlfriend was tickling me and i accidently growled at her for the first time. She looked at me like i was crazy. lol

Fight with your enemies, not with yourself; with tooth, nail and heart.

#5 2009-07-01 14:48:43

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Thankfully my mate is the same as I and my friends just accept it.

I'm known for whimpering when appropriate. I've growled at several people (especially when I was in school because people in the halls were rude so I'd growl when someone pushed me.) I'm also known for pouncing people and pawing at people. Oh, and I play like a wolf. If I'm feeling playful I'll go up and bat at someone and them jump back and I swear I can feel my tail wagging...which is another thing I do whether I've got a tail or not. And when I'm trying too fight back my anxiety attacks or flash backs I call on my wolf and she completely takes over, so almost all of my actions are wolf.

I'm very very wolf.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#6 2009-07-01 18:14:22

RasberryKamekazi

I dont think that her surprise means that she doesnt accept you. I can only assume that she has never had anyone growl at her. I myself was startled the first time I had heard a growl from a male I was playing around with. Weve been together for a while now and I find it exciting when his "animal insticts" show.

"I found that there were people like myself, who believed in werecreatures but could not physically shapeshift either. For once, that aspect of being a 'were' was not the most important. My faith in myself was renewed-- I now knew I was a 'were', in the same sense that they are. And just as importantly, I now knew that I was not alone..."

#7 2009-07-01 18:42:50

Illeana_NightRain
Website

heehee. *nods* I had never known anyone with as strong of animal instincts as myself until I met my mate. I quite like it when his instincts show. *giggles*

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown

#8 2009-07-01 18:53:51

RasberryKamekazi

I myself have none of these instincts like my "mate" but I love him the way that he is. Hariness and all. ^-^

"I found that there were people like myself, who believed in werecreatures but could not physically shapeshift either. For once, that aspect of being a 'were' was not the most important. My faith in myself was renewed-- I now knew I was a 'were', in the same sense that they are. And just as importantly, I now knew that I was not alone..."

#9 2009-07-01 19:29:35

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

I tend to growl at my friends every now and again...not in a mean way or anything but when say...one of them had me an arm lock, and was slowly twisting it...n ot to the point of hurting though, I eventually growled at him. He found it pretty damn funny, as did I. It's just part of me though, at first it was pretty embarassing but now it's just...me!
My partner also seems to enjoy my more 'animal instincts' show...if you follow. At first I was kinda terrified she see me as weird...but...apparently not! XD

Within day to day life, I've never really embarass myself with my 'wolf' or 'animal' aspects, with the exception of the first howl and growl what my friends caught. I usually end up making myself look na fool for the more human side to me! Maybe I'm just not a good human? Lol.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#10 2009-07-03 02:55:07

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

awe! you guys are so lucky to have mates like that! everyone thinks im weird hmm theres no one like me here, dang small town loli growl alot at p[eople, i dont mean to, its kinda an accident. y'know jumper cables to someone? just to embarass me, my friend pinched my hips in math class and i yip, lol.  but, i know what you mean, Gremlin, what used to be kinda embarrassing is now just a part of me big_smile

-Andre Gide

#11 2009-07-03 09:49:22

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

I think the whole thing about it 'used to be embarassing but is just accepted as a part of you' kinda idea can apply to a lot of thing. If a guy decided to show up to all of our lectures dressed in a clown costume, I can imagine at first it being embarassing...and other people would see it as 'weird' but over time people would get used to it...as its just 'him'.

...although I can imagine that outlook on things to be quite problematic sometimes...

#12 2009-07-05 02:14:49

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

big_smile your absolutley right, Gremlin, and i agree about how abusing this train of thought or misusing it could lead to issues lol big_smile

-Andre Gide

#13 2009-07-12 00:53:06

Illeana_NightRain
Website

Yeah...but really, anyone worth keeping around will accept it as a part of you.

#14 2009-07-12 03:25:35

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

i totally agree illeana...now if only i could find him :p

-Andre Gide

#15 2009-07-12 06:54:27

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Illeana_NightRain wrote:

Yeah...but really, anyone worth keeping around will accept it as a part of you.

Very true, this can be said of a lot of things that can be seen as 'unusual' ,not just Therianthropy. If a person is worth being around, they'd not think any different of you for it, and  just accept whatever it may be as part of you. I'm quite lucky to have 2 very close friends and a partner who all are fine me telling them I am a Therian, and everything plods along as it always has! big_smile

#16 2009-07-12 17:17:27

Illeana_NightRain
Website

*nods* I'm lucky too. not only do I have a mate, but I've got a pack and I'm also good friends with a few lone wolves, amoung various other people who readily accept those like me (i.e. vampires, witches, tons of people involved in the 'not so normal' world.) We've got large and very awesome Pagan community around here, so yeah. I think it's the only thing I like about living in such a large area.

#17 2009-07-16 13:51:56

wf

Sometimes, I growl at people.

#18 2009-07-17 21:06:49

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

lol most of us do, wf big_smile youre really lucky, illeana

-Andre Gide

#19 2009-07-27 16:08:12

WerewolfLeaAnn

lol. its got me in sooo much trouble that im not even going to say what it was. but i do get into a bit of trouble for growling. at teachers. and other ppl... lol

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#20 2009-07-29 04:48:56

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

I know what you mean, LeaAnn! My Mom kicks me off the computer when she catches me growling sometimes :p

-Andre Gide

#21 2009-07-29 16:06:44

WerewolfLeaAnn

heh my mom just starts taking away my stuff until i stop its kinda funny

"I feel the Change, back to a better day, the hair stands on the back of my neck, wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself!"- Metallica, "of wolf and man"

#22 2009-07-30 16:00:53

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

lol big_smile >> i have to watch, i dont think she knows im on here, she'd flip.

-Andre Gide

#23 2009-07-30 16:04:42

WerewolfLeaAnn

lol thats kinda funny. my mom never knows im on here. she dont like forum sites. but she aint here with me right now. so hows she going to find out what im doing? lol

#24 2009-07-30 18:12:21

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Your mums would flip if they knew you were on here? How come?
I think my parents would just see it as odd...until I told them I'ma therian...then they'd probably think I have a screw loose or something.

A new experience to be added into here, whilst getting my hair cut yesterday, the poor lady who was cutting my had to brush some hari from behind my ear, but kinda rubbed across the bit behind my ear with her hand...and I ended up growling quite contently. yikes
I'm pretty sure she heard it...no-one else did luckily. From now on though...I won't be going to that place next time I need a haircut! big_smile

#25 2009-07-30 20:45:00

SouthPaw

People in general seem to get very intimidated if I look them in the eye now, which didn't use to be the case.  It's not something that gets me in trouble necessarily, but makes me wonder if they think something is different or off about me... or at least more so than they usually do hehe.  Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

Board footer