The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-12 15:39:20

Cratys
Website

Ever heard of...

A therian who has taken on characteristics of two or more animals? In my case I know I'm wolf, but Ever couple of nights I have these reoccurring dreams. I'm always a wolf, and always in the same forest, and in each dream I always have to cross a river in the forest. Sometimes I swim across, other times I jump, and other times I run toward the river and leap...then suddenly I have wings and I'm soaring over the trees. And in the waking world, especially when I'm angry I growl, walk on all fours, speak in a double bass-yeah call me weird, but when I'm that mad I don't care lol tongue, and I also get these pains on my back where wings would be. At first, I blamed the phantom wings on another astral form of mine who can't really be described as anything other than a nude demon with no end to her sex appeal (that's Erebus for you). I'm very good at astral travel, and my astral form tends to changed based on the astral plane I enter. Could the wings be two astral forms overlapping or could I have some connection to birds (I feel nothing toward the bird as a theriantropic part of me compared to how I feel about the wolves), or maybe, somewhere in the universe on a different planet or in some astral plane winged wolves are another sort of therian all together? Whatcha think? Oh and I can go more into detail about the dreams, I would like to know what you think of reoccuring dream where I always change from human to wolf, live in the same forest, and then I'm always chased by something (old men trying to rape me, the military, freaky huge bugs) and always having to cross a river. Anyway try to answer on both my topics here. Thanks!

#2 2009-07-12 22:49:06

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: Ever heard of...

Sure, we call them polyweres (in the old lingo) or polytherians (in the new lingo).

There are also many Therians who feel wings added to their theriotype - that wouldn't be a poly. In other words, there are winged wolf theriotypes and winged feline theriotypes, etc. There's some thought that the wings are suggested by their human anatomy - the way the scapula and clavicles feel.

I figure that the type of dreams you describe are frustration dreams.

#3 2009-07-12 23:47:21

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

i growl when i angry or scared too ^_^ how did you perfect you astral travel so well?

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#4 2009-07-13 00:31:56

SherlawkDragon
Submarine Troll
Website

Hi, I'm both a dragon and a raccoon.  It's very uncommon to be a therian in general, one with two theriotypes is even less common, and many find later that they are mistaken.  Before you decide, you should think:
1. Are these really two different animals I'm experiencing?
2. They can't be also defined as a single animal?
3. Are they both actual theriotypes or something else?

Edit: Oh, and based on what you're saying, it doesn't sound like you're a bird therian.  Don't listen to me about it though....

Last edited by SherlawkDragon (2009-07-13 00:33:25)

"GIVE ME NUDITY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!"  -me, here, just now.
My Kewl Story about Unicorns

Hey, if anyone wants to IM me, go ahead, I'd love to chat...  Oh, by the way: ANWERS!

#5 2009-07-13 20:21:17

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

The recurring dream you're having could be your subconscious playing out the fact that there may be some kind of difficulty in your life, or a problem you need to deal with...and the bit where your being chased by 'old men trying to rape you, the military, scary bugs' and such could be some indicator that you aren't facing the the issues, but running from them instead.
I'm no dream analysist...not even in the slightest, but thats a possible reason to why you're having this recurring dream, and it presents itself in a way that you're mind would be comfortable with. It could be seen as you being the wolf (which it does seem to be!) and the 'same' forest is the comfort zone of your life, the status quo, the norm. Then 'something' happens to disturb that normal way of life...in the dream it could be pervy old men, the military or scary bugs...but this could be your mind portraying a problem you have in real life within the dream. There's a gazillion different ways to interpret a dream, so please do not take my words as correct!

Thats just me throwing a possible interpretation of the recurring dream you have experienced. I hope this helped in some way!

@SherlawkDragon: A dragon and a raccoon? That is a rather unusual but interesting combination of theriotypes, if you don't mind me commenting. I'd love to hear your personal story on how you came to realise you were a Therian, and of dragon and raccoon too. Btw, love the nudity bit of your siggi. (Been wanting to say that since I first saw it!) XD

Wings eh? That's a really tough concept for me to imagine having.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#6 2009-07-13 22:29:39

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Wings would be cool! big_smile but i could never imagine having them! a tail would be one thing, but wings? wayy harder to hide ^_^ Plus im scared of really big heights 0_o

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#7 2009-07-14 16:30:09

wf

Celtic mythology is full of stories about shamanistic figures who shift from one shape to another while fleeing a foe.

#8 2009-08-02 17:12:39

Cratys
Website

Wow thanks for all the input here. To answer the question about my astral transmitting....Well I usd to think I had to focus on relaxing and leaving my body, waiting for the mubing and the tingles, and then lifting from my body to explore...but it never happened like that for me. I realized as long as I was expecting something, I couldn't do it. So for me, astral transmitting doesn't involve any of that apart from just relaxing and imagining myself outside my body. Once I know someone's real name and have talked to them in someway, or heard them talking in a live situation i can astrally go to them wherever they are. Creepy..I know.

One time I was on the phone with my friend Wulf and I was transmitting to him. He was sitting at his compy, talking on the phone wearing a grey-blue tee shirt and.....

I told him "Well I could come see you now"...even though I was already there...he said "Um, don't come over now, give me a sec.."

And I said... "Why? Because you're wearing blue plaid boxers?" (LOL)

He started freaking out and I respectively left his room. We both laughed about it for a long time.

Now he lives several states away from me. I can even find someone in another country as long as the requirements are met.

Another time I went to see a different  friend who asked me to astrally stand by his window, so I did and he took a picture of me and found an orb in the photo, he then asked me to sit on his bed and he took another pic. Same result. I thought it was interesting, but I don't take that too seriously. My favorite part of proving I have this talent is telling people what they are wearing, where they are, what they're doing when I have no other way of knowing! that's how I was finally able to accept that I really could do it, because I just kept being right about what I saw. I was a skeptic, but I proved to not only to myself but others too.

And as far as traveling to other astral worlds, again it's as easy as relaxing, thinking the name, and poof I'm there.

I think it's just a natural talent of mine, some other people still need to go into deep meditation and go through all that stuff but not me, it's just how it is.. hmm

And wvz are you saying winged therians are not unusual? I don't think I'm a bird at all, no questions there, but by simply having wings. Could the wings be symbolic for something? Is it another astral form overlapping my wolf form? You did say it could be a false feeling stemming from my human anatomy alone...

I used to astral transmit to this world where I would take on the form of a dragon. The feeling of flying was...amazing. The burn of the muscles, the powerful lift they caused for my body. I've experienced astral wings numerous times on command, but why would they suddenly bug me without me consciously willing them onto my astral form?

#9 2009-08-04 03:06:30

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't think winged Therians are in the majority, but they're not rare either. I know several just by happenstance.

Therians have a phantom body. That body is related to their theriotype and it's the manifestation of their self perception (how they see themselves inside). It's modified by feelings from their physical body. If sensations arising from their scapulas are particularly strong, that might cause their phantom to have wings - that, of course, is speculation from my own view. I have reasons to believe it - such as ways that I've found that my own posture and anatomy affects my phantom body - but I could still be wrong.

Board footer