The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-09 11:13:12

seeker555

I may be therian, I might not be..

I have very animalistic instincts. I don't like other males, I -have- to be the dominant one, if I see another male who is even hinting at being, I guess you could say, above me, I get pissed, and I quickly attempt to put him in his place. It is only that way with males usually, females, not so much, most of the time I enjoy letting them 'run me over' a bit. Also I always, instinctively keep my head higher than everyone else, you know, dominance thing. Urrm..let's see I get urges to run around, especially through wilderness type settings, sometimes I feel like I am about to explode, like something is trying to break out, to make itself known, and I get very irritable during those 'episodes' I guess you would call them. I love animals to death, I abhor people abusing, and killing them, though I am not against hunting for survival, food, etc. I pace a lot, unconsciously. When I stand up, I pace, all the time, I cannot help it. Honestly I cannot stand to be still most of the time, and I especially hate being locked up somewhere, you know to be confined. I am hairier than my dad, and my mom's dad. Supposedly I get the hairiness from my dad's dad, I dunno. Umm, I have had dreams were I was a werewolf, as well as dreams where I was a werebear, though I cannot recall actually shifting in those dreams. I can snarl, I can bark, I can howl. I get urges to snarl at people when I am angry, though I never do. Howling, yeah I get urges to do that when I am sad, perhaps a bit of whining as well. Barking? Eh sometimes I just do it for fun. I have very canine characteristics I guess, though I am sure I could be a coyote, a wolf, a dog, a jackal, a fox, I don't know. My favorite canine would be either the coyote or wolf, though I feel a connection to all canines really. I largely prefer meat over vegetables or fruits, or really anything. I never add anything to my meat. When someone makes hamburgers, I just eat the meat, I don't mind. I always eat meat the way it is, no additions at all. Not sure if that means anything.. I like the taste of raw meat, though I do not consume it regularly due to health risks. I have been told that my symptoms are simply psychological, though it was a vampire who told me that, but I am not sure, I feel very out of step with 'normal' humans, I don't feel like one of them, I feel very different. To my knowledge I have never shifted, but then again I am 21 and still going through puberty. So yeah.. any insight would be nice, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I just want to know if I could be therian or not.

Last edited by seeker555 (2009-08-09 11:48:50)

#2 2009-08-09 12:11:14

seeker555

Re: I may be therian, I might not be..

Another thing as well, I am very sensitive to movement, an almost uncanny attribute. I notice things that no one else does. It can be a bug on the other side of the room and it always catches my gaze. I am a very alert and cautious person really for the most part.

#3 2009-08-09 13:53:07

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, you could be a Therian.....or not.

If you're actually dreaming as an animal, that's pretty telling. But most people can't differentiate their dreams from the modifications they go through after they wake up in memory, so that's a treacherous indicator. humans are so similar to wolves in behavior, behavior isn't a good indicator. And I seriously doubt if anyone could diagnose therianthropy via the Internet - there are some Therians that seem to be able to connect over cyberspace but I'm certainly not one of them.

#4 2009-08-09 23:29:37

Illeana_NightRain
Website

It seems like a very strong possibility. The best way to know is if it feels right. If it feels right, it probably is.

Also, the dominance thing isn't exactly attributed to it. But it did catch my attention because I know something that could explain it, Therian or not. Alpha Male Syndrome. It's a psychological disorder where the person HAS to be dominant and any threat to that can lead to anger and even violance. It caught my attention because my mate has it. I'm the only person that can even pretend to be dominant over him (and I think that's just because when it comes to me he's a total softy.)

Just something I thought to add.

If you wanna talk more about it (Therian or AMS) feel free to email me about it.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#5 2009-08-19 21:53:15

seeker555

Well after reading all of your messages I had resolved to simply let what is, simply be, if you know what I mean, to simply wait and see what happens. Well the night before last night, I had a dream that an old woman shapeshifted into a snake and chased me. She chased me for a while until I managed to climb onto what appeared to be a multi level tennis court, as odd as that sounds, but really I do not think that is relevant. Anyhow I kept going forward until I reached the other end of the complex, and then I looked down only to see that she went around the entire complex, and I watched her slither over a small fence and looking around. She then looked UP right at me, I guess she smelled me, and then she vanished. The dream ended shortly after. Sounds a lot like the therian dreams that others have with their 'phenotype' chasing them. It surprised me, you know? It seems I may very well be a snake therian. I looked up different species of snake, the king cobra seems to fit my personality rather well, seems to feel the most right at the moment. I am not disappointed at all, in fact I love snakes really, have never had a fear of them. I assume that this means I am awakening, or starting to, and this is all very exciting.

Last edited by seeker555 (2009-08-19 22:01:03)

Board footer