The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-19 18:35:13

dyal

Female werewolfs

Why do you think there are no female werewolfs in underworld 1 and 2?

#2 2009-08-19 21:50:28

Viergacht

Re: Female werewolfs

Maybe they just have beards, like female dwarfs wink

JK. I guess they don't think werewolf females are 'sexy' enough. Their loss! I can't imagine a cold, scrawny, bitchy dead girl would be preferable to a wolfgirl, soft silky fur and warm pulsating muscle and raw animal lust. Sure, she might leave you a bit scratched up but it would probably be worth it.

Wolfgirls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdmpCcWBhk

#3 2009-08-20 08:54:04

zockereinstein

And you also don't have to squeeze your brain to get "appropiate" camera angles in order to avoid  showing  female breasts, and get your movie an R rating... There is something like a "nipple hunting" in american censorship smile

#4 2009-08-21 08:38:27

Re_Re4eva21

they should have female werewolves...........but in those centuries females were slaves and the men were more higher in superior

#5 2009-08-27 13:23:25

something-wild
Website

Re_Re4eva21 wrote:

they should have female werewolves...........but in those centuries females were slaves and the men were more higher in superior

ah, the good old days ;P

#6 2010-06-29 01:30:06

Werewolf-Ms.
Website

Why Not....Werewolves Mate...

Werewolf/Mississippi Paranormal Investigations...

#7 2010-06-29 04:55:18

Reptile

We didn't really see a lot Lycan..."culture" in the first two Underworld movies. Although in Underworld 1 we do see a female Lycan hanging out in the back ground In the second film we didn't even see any Lycans, I think they're all full blooded werewolves except maybe Tannis' body guards and then I can be argued that they weren't Lycans either, they were William's get. Why no female Lycans in Underworld 3? Um...I guess because there weren't many female slaves used for hard labor and body guarding in that era? Mining and then protecting the vampires seemed to be the Lycan's primary roles by that time and I don't think Viktor would have given a female slave super strength, super vitality and the ability to shape shift into a giant wolf monster just to bring him warm tea. Especially considering the attitudes of the day.

Viergacht wrote:

Maybe they just have beards, like female dwarfs wink

JK. I guess they don't think werewolf females are 'sexy' enough. Their loss! I can't imagine a cold, scrawny, bitchy dead girl would be preferable to a wolfgirl, soft silky fur and warm pulsating muscle and raw animal lust. Sure, she might leave you a bit scratched up but it would probably be worth it.

FURRY! GET 'EM! RRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111oneone

Kidding.

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#8 2010-06-29 17:36:54

HarryCanyon

Werewolves can mate, you seen it in The Howling.

There are some femme wolves like The Howling, Underworld, Werewolf Woman, Twilight Saga and more.

#9 2010-06-30 09:12:43

zockereinstein

HarryCanyon wrote:

There are some femme wolves like The Howling, Underworld, Werewolf Woman, Twilight Saga and more.

Commenting one on one:

Howling. Ok, there are some of them. In fact, Marsha was somewhat cool.
Underworld. Where? I've heard some rumors that there was one in a background out there...
Werewolf woman. A one-minute lame introduction don't make a movie turn into a werewolf movie.
Twilight. Ehm, Leah, you say. It's a shapeshifter. I've read somewhere that real werewolves are mentioned on the fourth book. I really don't mind.

#10 2010-06-30 11:21:20

Reptile

zockereinstein wrote:

Underworld. Where? I've heard some rumors that there was one in a background out there...

You can see her hanging out on a ledge in the scene where Raze brings the dead Lycan mook back to the den.

Wait, why did I even tell you this? Like you're going to run off to go look for her now. tongue

WARNING: The contents of this post may be vitriolic and/or offensive to samurai warriors, ninjas, tough dudes, computer using felines and people with pure wolfy spirits. Viewer discretion is advised.

#11 2010-06-30 11:47:52

Daninsky
Website

Re_Re4eva21 wrote:

...but in those centuries females were slaves and the men were more higher in superior

But that doesn't explain it. The first werewolves stemmed from random attacks, so there had to be if not same then still sizeable numbers of females, too. It would only explain why the vampires didn't turn women slaves.

HarryCanyon wrote:

So can practically everyone and everything else, apart from Frankenstein's creature ... though, I didn't see Andy Warhol's, maybe it can mate, too.

However, that doesn't mean that there have to be female werewolves around, after all a were is half human (which is more than the average High School student can claim). But Underworld III actually has a female were. Which I guess makes it a valid question why there are non in 1 & 2.

zockereinstein wrote:

Twilight. Ehm, Leah, you say. It's a shapeshifter.

And what makes the difference between a Shapeshifter and a Werewolf when the former can only change to a wolf? wink

Last edited by Daninsky (2010-06-30 11:59:30)

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#12 2010-06-30 12:17:21

Reptile

Daninsky wrote:

Re_Re4eva21 wrote:

...but in those centuries females were slaves and the men were more higher in superior

But that doesn't explain it. The first werewolves stemmed from random attacks, so there had to be if not same then still sizeable numbers of females, too. It would only explain why the vampires didn't turn women slaves.

And? How do you know some of them weren't females?

The werewolf in Lucian's cell was probably his mother, seeing as how I can't see a werewolf succesfully smuggling a screaming human baby into its cell with it. 

Daninsky wrote:

And what makes the difference between a Shapeshifter and a Werewolf when the former can only change to a wolf? wink

I make the distinction when the former is essentially a person with a wolf themed super power.

Last edited by Reptile (2010-06-30 12:21:06)

#13 2010-06-30 13:02:57

Daninsky
Website

Reptile wrote:

And? How do you know some of them weren't females?

I don't, but apparently there was a lack of female weres in Underworld.

Reptile wrote:

I make the distinction when the former is essentially a person with a wolf themed super power.

Ah, like, say, Lycans?

#14 2010-06-30 13:14:17

Reptile

Daninsky wrote:

I don't, but apparently there was a lack of female weres in Underworld.

-Shrugs-

They could have added a female Lycan character I guess, don't know where.

Daninsky wrote:

Ah, like, say, Lycans?

Bingo. You just named the biggest problem I have with the Underworld franchise. For me, the real werewolves didn't really enter the equation until Underworld 2.

Really, Underworld 3 kind of ruined the Lycans as a race for me. Underworld 1 promised that younger Lycans did in fact become the predatory monsters of legend with Selene's words to the fledgling Michael. It was only with age and experience that Lycans learned to control their beast forms, which is a concept I've always found interesting to toy with. But Underworld 3 seems to indicate that the writers either forget this or it was just more of Viktor's anti Lycan propaganda to begin with.

But William and his offspring are still awesome and I consider them to be werewolves. Lycans? Eh. Cool looking, but I don't really think of them as werewolves. They're a domesticated species essentially. Descended from werewolves via Lucian, but not true werewolves. Still think Raze is pretty cool though.

#15 2010-06-30 13:37:08

Daninsky
Website

Reptile wrote:

It was only with age and experience that Lycans learned to control their beast forms, which is a concept I've always found interesting to toy with. But Underworld 3 seems to indicate that the writers either forget this or it was just more of Viktor's anti Lycan propaganda to begin with.

Well, the writers conveniently forgot a lot that got established as historical fact in the first movie, which always made me wary of their claim that it was planned to be a trilogy.

The fact that they tried hard to retroactively tie Selene into the history is what breaks part 2 for me.
And three was just plain bad in both directing and story.

#16 2010-06-30 13:50:22

Reptile

Daninsky wrote:

Reptile wrote:

It was only with age and experience that Lycans learned to control their beast forms, which is a concept I've always found interesting to toy with. But Underworld 3 seems to indicate that the writers either forget this or it was just more of Viktor's anti Lycan propaganda to begin with.

Well, the writers conveniently forgot a lot that got established as historical fact in the first movie, which always made me wary of their claim that it was planned to be a trilogy.

I always assumed that they had a basic idea for the story. They just excecuted it really, really poorly.

The fact that they tried hard to retroactively tie Selene into the history is what breaks part 2 for me.

I was to busy grinding my teeth at the bad cgi tfs and cgi gore but now that you mention it... Also, it still amazes me how Len Wiseman can make a sex scene involving Kate Beckinsale unsexy.

In fact, considering what I've seen of the man's work post Underworld either that movie was just a fluke or he just didn't direct it, killed the real director, and assumed all the credit.

And three was just plain bad in both directing and story.

http://www.billnighy.info/img/2008/billnighy_underworld_riseofthelycans_viktor_l.jpg

That said, the script was very weak and the directing was exceptionally amateurish.

I'm still holding out for a prequel about William's initial rampage though.

#17 2010-06-30 19:29:33

Viergacht

Reptile wrote:

Why no female Lycans in Underworld 3?

There was at least one . . . the one who gave birth to Lucian!

#18 2010-06-30 19:32:59

Reptile

Viergacht wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Reptile wrote:

The werewolf in Lucian's cell was probably his mother, seeing as how I can't see a werewolf succesfully smuggling a screaming human baby into its cell with it.

So yeah.

Its likely that some of the werewolves we saw were female. You just couldn't tell.

#19 2010-06-30 20:49:48

KCat

Viergacht wrote:

Reptile wrote:

She wasn't a Lycan (Lycan = werewolf+human hybrid; werewolf = William's ilk). Lucian himself was the first Lycan, so neither of his parents could have been.

#20 2010-07-01 17:24:51

Viergacht

KCat wrote:

She wasn't a Lycan (Lycan = werewolf+human hybrid; werewolf = William's ilk). Lucian himself was the first Lycan, so neither of his parents could have been.

Wait . . . so Lucian's dad was human and his mom was a werewolf? Do you know this for a fact, or are you pulling it out of your butt? Because that's some messed up bestiality shite right there.

#21 2010-07-01 18:57:52

Reptile

Viergacht wrote:

KCat wrote:

Wait . . . so Lucian's dad was human and his mom was a werewolf? Do you know this for a fact, or are you pulling it out of your butt? Because that's some messed up bestiality shite right there.

I always assumed Lucian's mom was infected, conceived Lucian, and then turned latter on myself.

#22 2010-07-01 20:36:52

KCat

Reptile wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

I always assumed Lucian's mom was infected, conceived Lucian, and then turned latter on myself.

Something like that I'd assume, yes. Either conceived just after infection and born after changing, or conceived before infection and born after changing. It says in the opening monologue that Lucian was the first of the Lycans, and he was obviously born to a werewolf mother.

#23 2010-07-02 12:28:32

Viergacht

Well, whatever you're making up, these movies pretty much sucked so I can't really say I care one way or another.

#24 2010-07-03 14:31:29

KidWerewolf36

KCat wrote:

Reptile wrote:

Viergacht wrote:

Something like that I'd assume, yes. Either conceived just after infection and born after changing, or conceived before infection and born after changing. It says in the opening monologue that Lucian was the first of the Lycans, and he was obviously born to a werewolf mother.

I thought the werewolves were holding Lucian or hovering in a protective mode over him and he was a baby? In the book the people turn into werewolves on the full moon.

#25 2010-07-03 17:34:27

lil' Wolfen

There was a female in the third film, for obvious reasons... *CoughLucian'sbirthcoughcough*

But, perhaps its just because women are "weaker" than men? In the first one, they had nearly been wiped out. The ones left were rough males in a big pack conspiring to kill the vampire elders. There is no need to breed when a species is immortal, plus bitting more humans results in increasing their numbers, so perhaps females are irrelevant.

In the second film its pretty much the same. Females fail to be of use. The third film takes place before they were nearly wiped out, so I suppose that is why there managed to be a female to birth Lucian.

I think censorship is a key factor too. Like someone said previously, we can't really have a film with a bunch of nipple ridden werewolves running around and expect it to go well with the jerks who rate films. I am not exactly sure why that would matter, since I see real ones in other movies all the time, but meh. Who knows.

I think they excluded any females from the film that were not supporting actresses to the lead chikies because they would pull your attention away. A female werewolf would just be another character to focus on, when really the main point of the first two films is the focus on the relationship between the girl and guy, I forget their names.

I am happy with the films as they are, even without any female lycanthropes. I just wish we would have seen more of William. Its a shame he dies so quickly after being released. Was he even in the third film? Was Marcus for that matter? I need to go watch them all again.

"Let's go back to the cabin and get into a lil' beastiality!" ~ Mitch - Big Bad Wolf

Board footer