The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-05 17:48:19

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

X Men - Wolverine

Well I just got back from seeing X-Men Origins, and it was pretty good. Tons of really great fight scenes and the special effects were superb. Only drawback was that I really felt like they didn't do enough to develop the plot, so it ended up feeling more like a long string of events rather than the culmination of all these antagonists in his (Wolverine's) life. Ok, ok, I know this is the obvious choice for this board, but I definitely have to say that my favorite character in the movie was Victor. The amount of work they did to make him look, act, and fight like a wolf (without obviously being a "werewolf" type character) is amazing. It wasn't a surprise to my best friend either that he was my favorite, given that deep (often psycho-type) villains are generally my favorites in superhero movies. Anyways, enough about my feelings, what did ya'll think?

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#2 2009-05-07 17:41:10

alphanubilus

Re: X Men - Wolverine

White Wolf wrote:

Well I just got back from seeing X-Men Origins, and it was pretty good. Tons of really great fight scenes and the special effects were superb. Only drawback was that I really felt like they didn't do enough to develop the plot, so it ended up feeling more like a long string of events rather than the culmination of all these antagonists in his (Wolverine's) life. Ok, ok, I know this is the obvious choice for this board, but I definitely have to say that my favorite character in the movie was Victor. The amount of work they did to make him look, act, and fight like a wolf (without obviously being a "werewolf" type character) is amazing. It wasn't a surprise to my best friend either that he was my favorite, given that deep (often psycho-type) villains are generally my favorites in superhero movies. Anyways, enough about my feelings, what did ya'll think?

Technically speaking, Victor Creed was fighting like a "sabertoothed cat", after all he is Sabertooth. I do agree though, he was one of the best developed characters in the movie. Origins suffers from the same issues that plagued the original trilogy, TOO many cameos, without enough story. Why couldn't the story simply focus on Logan and Victor and their relationship, but instead you get a mixed bag of disjointed plot, while entertaining, will confuse non comic book fans, and leave die hard fans scratching their heads.

#3 2009-05-10 02:57:23

The Busboy
Administrator

I still need to see it, and I plan to buy the DVD when it comes out, as I am a huge Wolverine fan.

#4 2009-05-10 09:07:44

WereWolfH

Personally I wasn't impressed and I knew that I wouldn't be. Gambit, without the red eyes was a let down. I mean HELLO in Covenant he had the black eyes during an interview, that's probably why they picked him. And I think he had a cajun accent???? I didn't hear any french words "mon ami, chere, etc" The energy effect was tooooo subtle

I did like Will I Am, his last scene could have been better.

Deadpool's look was a let down (b/c there have been so many ninja movies and SNAKE EYES IS KILLING IT WITH HIS COSTUME) so no excuse. But I'm hearing there's a deadpool sequel, says Ryan Reynolds sorta.

Cyclops and Emma really did rock it.

Yeah Sabertooth is not a werewolf and his teeth were phony to me. I did lovvvveee the claws!!! The hair should have been blonder and grown out. He did good. The origin was DUUUUUMMMMMMMBBBBB and didn't make sense.

I agree the plot was ehhhhh, the ending for Wolverine, I'll just have to go with it. I could have walked out without waiting for that final scene after the credits b/c I knew that's where a sequel would go. Hopefully it'll look more comic book/fantasy.

YO WAS STAN LEE NOT IN THIS MOVIE???

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#5 2009-05-10 21:00:02

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Still on my list of movies to see. I enjoyed to some degree the previous movies and from what you have said and others I know who have gone, it will probably ring at about the same level as the others, but then again I've never been to big on Superhero movies, so far the only one I really enjoyed was V For Vendetta.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#6 2009-05-11 15:03:41

Tsaliket

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I read the first volume of Origin.  In my opinion, Wolverine is very much a werewolf.

#7 2009-05-14 19:51:00

The Busboy
Administrator

Wolverine rocks!

#8 2009-05-15 04:09:16

WereWolfH

Star Trek blew this outta the water.

Ummm wow this critic did get the review right about how they just made a 2 hr movie stretching out the scenes in part 1 and 2. Personally they could have done more Weapon X stuff less origin and rehashing. It reallywas a rehash of part 2.  I wanna see an X-Men movie not a Wolverine sequel. (even though that's what they're gonna do)

excited about Deadpool but they better add a costume!

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#9 2009-06-28 22:30:39

WolfMontana

The Busboy wrote:

Wolverine rocks!

*agreed* Enjoyed the movie actually, but got kinda stupid towards the end. Still love the character however, even if he has one of the most inconsistent origin stories in the marvel universe.

"I like him... he says okie dokie!"
~ Dean Winchester, Supernatural
"He did so much, without kicking a single butt!"
~ Tommy Dawkins, describing Ghandi, Big Wolf On Campus

#10 2009-08-21 08:40:29

Re_Re4eva21

i enjoyed wolverine it was really awesome!

#11 2009-08-22 13:21:49

The Busboy
Administrator

The movie will be out on DVD on September 15, 2009, here's an amazon.com link:
http://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Origins-Wol … amp;sr=1-2

Board footer