The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-27 17:12:28

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

"Bitten", "Stolen" and "Broken" by Kelley Armstrong.

I've read "Bitten" and "Stolen", which are both pretty good (despite the fact that they're probably more aimed at women into romance novels than they are at someone like me) but haven't gotten to "Broken" yet.

I like "Bitten" & "Stolen" because of how incredibly sarcastic Elena is.  She's not some angsty annoying girl who complains 90% percent of the time (Bella Swan, I'm looking at YOU) and she doesn't take shite from anyone.  Also, they're pretty bloody books, which I wasn't expecting.  Yeah...the romance influence is very obvious, but even if you're not into that stuff (I usually hate romance novels) you should enjoy these books.

If anybody's read "Broken", please tell me how it is.
big_smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#2 2009-06-27 17:13:25

fearless freak

Re: "Bitten", "Stolen" and "Broken" by Kelley Armstrong.

isn't there a new one featuring Elena coming out soon?

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

#3 2009-06-28 10:45:59

Daninsky
Website

Yeah "Frostbitten" comes out in Hard Cover in September and will feature Elena again.

I liked "Broken" a lot, it's goes more in the Fantasy corner than it's predecessors did and some thought pregnant Elena to be more annoying than regular Elena (laugh) but I think when you like the character you will enjoy it.
Personally I loved Jeremy in that book who has always been such a overprotective, caring  father figure that it actually should be hugely  annoying, but with Elena being pregnant and him having a reason to act out this side of his character I found him to be incredibly charming.

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#4 2009-07-27 10:03:15

Elrahir_999

I am currently reading 'Bitten' its such a great book! i will deffinatly buy the new one and 'Stolen' when i can. i also liked 'Dime store magic' by Kelley Armstrong. I love the way she writes her books and i think Elena is a great character and they should deffinatly make a movie out of 'Bitten', but they would have to call it something else as i think there is already a film called Bitten. I recently looked on the authors website and i didnt realize that she had written books on other supernatural beings aswell (e.g. Vamps, Witches and Demons). I also think she has done her research for 'Bitten' which makes it all the more better.

'Why wait for the moon?... Just change now'

#5 2009-08-13 23:44:14

WereWolfH

Okay I got a free bookstore gift card adn I asked the guy working on the huge top to bottom of shelf with Twilight stuff on it (I really do wanna look and see what all merchandise they have b/c it's inspiring to see a werewolf story get soooooo much stuff, but I'm a guy and it's just too embarassing smile)

Anyway, the guy recommended when I asked about any new werewolf series, Bitten, but what kind of werewolves do they turn into? Wolf, Wolfman, Werewolf

also it's a girl werewolf you guys sad it wasn't so female targeted like Twilight or it was???

Oh and I'm seeing those pentagrams on the cover (by author not sure if it was the series or if that's another book title by the same author)

thanks

this is for Bitten the first in the series.

"I got somethin' I wanna tell ya'. I'm not like other guys...

#6 2009-08-14 08:40:46

Daninsky
Website

It's not as Paranormal Romance oriented than other books I read, and definitely not pure Romance, so not that directly written for a more female audience, but her being the only female werewolf and in a on and off relationship you do find a greater focus on that stuff than is usual the case and it does become more relationship centric later.

They are able to transform at will, not bound by the moon far as I recall, they do shift to a full wolf form but can also turn only wolfman.

The pentagramm covers belong to the "Women of the Otherworld" series wich the Elena Michaels novels are a part of (but there hasn't been any important overlapping yet and the books are pretty self enclosed, so you do not need to read others).

Call no man happy 'til he dies

#7 2009-08-16 14:47:10

WereWolfH

okay I'm gonna try out bitten. <crossing fingers> hope I'm not disappointed

#8 2009-08-18 19:59:58

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

It's pretty good...I think you'll enjoy it. smile

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#9 2009-08-25 12:35:26

Varulfur
Website

Are these books similar to Twilight but instead of Vampires there Werewolves?

Im Lonely
Im Hungry
I am Crying
I Am the WEREWOLF!!!

#10 2009-08-25 18:29:27

WereWolfH

I've yet to read this. I started with Circus of the Damned wiht Anita Blake series again. I said I'd leave it in my bag for work though so I'll start on it maybe sometime this week.

#11 2009-08-26 13:40:05

ArcLight
Website

Varulfur wrote:

Are these books similar to Twilight but instead of Vampires there Werewolves?

Um...no. Not really.

"How lonely is the night without the howl of a wolf."
"Werewolves are BAD ASS." - Dean Winchester
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchak - Buffy - Doc Savage
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

#12 2009-08-27 09:59:20

WereWolfH

Okay I just read the first chapter or prelude I forget of Bitten. FINALLY. and Wowwwww, I don't like that she's a wolf werewolf but it's totally cool. In Bitten, it starts out this girl is trying to hold off her change b/c her boyfriend is in the bed asleep beside her. Finally she realizes she's just gotta do it so she sneaks out but she's not gonna make it to the forest or whatever so she's gotta change in the alley and it's explaining her and her in her werewolf form. So far it's pretty good, she's battling two coyotes right now... Coolness.

#13 2009-08-28 09:19:03

UNODRAGONE
Website

I fell in love with 'Bitten' even though I am not a fan of romance and was thankful it wasn't too over powering. I was lucky enough to go on Kelley Armstrongs website and down load all the prequels to 'Bitten' including 'Beginnings' which describes how Clayton and Elena met. I wasn't crazy about 'Stolen' but I loved 'Broken' as well as the prequels that were online. Just bought and read 'Men of the other world' and was delightfully surprised and pleased it flowed all the prequels outside of Beginnings into one. I am dying to get my paws on 'Frostbitten' when it arrives. Oh yeah, I love Jeremy's patience, and Elena's assertiveness, but damn, aggressive simple men just call to me. Clayton all the way smile

"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist
within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to
break free from the abyss and move silently among us."

#14 2009-09-06 21:28:17

WereWolfH

Okay, I'm impressed with this. I'm halfway through with Bitten. All the werewolf perspectives are great. Right now my only downside (not sure if it's just me b/c this has happened with two other books I've read) is that with the bad guys I can't tell who's who. They're just names. Gosh I hope I'm not being subliminally brainwashed into this new trend where I have to get a synopsis of something before I see or read the actual thing. (Case in point Twilight movie. I had to read the book to understand it. Hope I don't have to get a book summary of this and then continue reading the book)

Board footer