The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-16 05:17:39

Chandra Lowell
Website

Moon-Struck. My Werewolf Story.

Preface

This day was supposed to turn out normally; people would make fun of my pinkie peachy, ghostly hand skin. Others would make fun of my black hair and not having it dyed blonde or brown. But today was different all because I had to walk the short way to school.
I was staring into the face of death. I saw it. I looked back and forth at the poor woman, lying on the cold gravelled road with blood dripping down her neck, and at her side a ghostly white beast standing tall beside her with blood, dripping from his teeth like he had just sucked her blood. It had bronze-like hair with golden eyes; it stared at its victim and snarled. The beast then turned to another boy, wearing clothes like they had been quickly sown together. The boy had mucky-brown hair and terrified, hypnotising emerald green eyes. I recognised him. It was Moon-Struck.

Author of Moon-Struck and the Chandra Lowell series.
Welcome to my happy world now get your sh*t and leave-Snape is Happy song

#2 2009-05-16 15:48:46

Chandra Lowell
Website

Re: Moon-Struck. My Werewolf Story.

Chapter 1
An ordinary day
One Wednesday morning I walked to school on an ordinary day. The sky was as grey as smoke, full of grey clouds, and drops of rain as transparent as glass. I looked in a bush and saw something brown it was a stick. I picked it up and threw it. I watched it fly through the air and land with a bump. Suddenly I heard rustling in the bushes. Slowly and cautiously I peered ‘round the bush and saw a Wolf. It was as black as a night sky with fluorescent yellow eyes. It turned slowly until it’s eyes and mine met. I stared deep into it’s eyes and saw some difference in them, something more… human. Strangely it turned into a Beagle and ran off. I followed it. Running as fast as I could. Faster and faster I went, dodging trees and jumping bushes. During this I ran mindlessly and I thought to myself what is it? Where did it come from? Wh- everything went black.
I awoke in a daze, looking to see where I was. Some sort of street?  I asked myself. I saw that I was lying on a stone cold pavement-like floor… in fact it was a pavement. The Wolf/Beagle thing was leaning over me but in a different form. It was in a half Human half Wolf. A Werewolf. I knew it was the same Wolf/Beagle because I looked deep into it’s eyes again. It spoke “Wakie wakie sleepy head”
It’s voice was gentle and had a hint of excitement.
“W-what w-who and what are you?” I asked.
He sighed.
“I am a Werewolf, name’s Moon-Struck Nalthra” He said with annoyance.
“I’m 16 years old, ‘lot to learn yady yady yak” He continued.
“My Auntie and Uncle always say that” Moon-Struck sighed.
“Where am I exactly?” I asked.
“Well” Moon-Struck began “You are in Armageddon City where Werewolves, Vampires, Witches, Wizards and the rest live!” he exclaimed.
I looked around.
The city was beautiful. It was an underground cavern with thatched roof houses, the lampposts were like the old ones with fire instead of electricity. The shops were magical like Unicorn Stables and Pixie Pubs. The streets were named things like Werewolf Kennels, Vampire Cave, Witch Castle, Wizard Hall, Goblin Gardens and Demon Dens.

#3 2009-05-16 17:13:24

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

ooh awsome!!sounds like something a kid tries to find...if you get my meaning.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#4 2009-05-16 17:16:03

Chandra Lowell
Website

I don't get your meaning. What do you mean?

#5 2009-05-16 17:18:15

Chandra Lowell
Website

Oh can I just say, the character is not me. I just wanted to write in 1st person smile

#6 2009-05-16 18:27:24

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

i apologise,i think its like a cartoony fairytale.but very good,and i want more.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#7 2009-05-17 00:46:12

wolfsongx

Intriguing!  You are very descriptive in this passage, I hope to see more soon.

A harmonic sound such as a vibrating string is one in where the harmonics are mathematically related by what is called the harmonic series.
I wanna win your heart and take you to another place you never thought or could dream of.  -- The Halo Friendlies

#8 2009-05-17 05:06:47

Chandra Lowell
Website

I Have written this on Microsoft Word and I copy and paste it on forums to see if it is any good.

“But Arma-” I began.
“Yes I know” He interrupted “Armageddon is like the Apocalypse and this place doesn’t look very….. Hellish”. He said with a hint of embarrassment.
“Let me take you to some places” Moon-Struck exclaimed in all excitement.
He grabbed my hand. His hand was warm and comforting. I felt safe. On our way to Unicorn Stables Moon-Struck spoke “so what’s your name?” he asked.
“Samantha Wise” I replied “I’m 16 years old too” I added.
“Great” he smiled mischievously.
We arrived as he let go of my hand. Goblins ran the place, you could tell as they were taking care of the Unicorns, shining their horns and cleaning the stalls. They were also taking in these weird blue coins. Moon-Struck spoke to me; he could tell I was confused. “See the blue coins they are called Gials” he explained “and the Goblins run most animal shops” he added.
“Um so d’ you wanna go for a Unicorn ride?” He asked with a hint of embarrassment.
“Sure” I replied.

#9 2009-05-17 14:44:27

Goldie

ok, it's a bit quirky, not bad, but slightly bit tame so far, for my taste, course, it takes confidence and talent like yours, to let others see one's work. smile

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#10 2009-05-17 16:02:49

Chandra Lowell
Website

Goldie this is only the begining, you know the boring couple of Chapters before the excitment.7

He went up to the desk and spoke to the Goblin “Unicorn Ride for two” He said handing over four of the little coins.
“Right this way young ones” the Goblin spoke in a squeaky voice as Moon-Struck transformed into a human.
Moon-Struck’s human form was beautiful. He had dark, mud brown, ruffled hair and kind hypnotising emerald green eyes.
The Goblin saddled up two Unicorns and we jumped on.
“Now” the Goblin began “don’t go over the river with the Unicorns if you want to go, go yourself” the Goblin smiled evilly like he wanted us to go alone over the river.

We rode across the field, the Unicorns jumping fences and bushes. We rode in silence. I was thinking about all that had just happened. I have just chased a Wolf that turned into a Beagle who was actually a Werewolf who has taken me to an Underground Cavern and I’m sitting on a Unicorn while he rides beside me! Why did he accept me so easily? He is a Werewolf so why did he take me for a Unicorn ride? He doesn’t even know me.
He spoke “umm hello?” I wondered why he said it like a question, he had repeated himself twice.
“Hi” I replied as I flushed with embarrassment.
“So” He began “Are you scared?”
“Off what?” I asked.
He stared at me like I was an idiot. “Well were to begin?” He asked sarcastically.
“Let’s start with the fact that you’re riding a Unicorn with a monster”
“You’re not a monster” I said defensively.
“I’m a Werewolf and you’re a____” He paused.
“Human?” I finished for him.
“Yeah um…sure” he hesitated.
Why is he hesitating? I though I’m human nothing else. What else could I be apart from a human?
“Should we go back to the Stables?” he asked.
“Sure” I replied slowly.
We rode back through the field. “What is over the River?” I asked.
“W-I cannot go” he hesitated.

#11 2009-05-18 14:50:26

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

Interesting I like the plot development and it is unique. Do you want any constructive feedback on these passages?

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#12 2009-05-19 06:14:45

Chandra Lowell
Website

Yes I would appreciate Constructive feedback

#13 2009-05-19 15:06:36

bdk336
Website

Honestly alot of this seems kinda of like the harry potter world but without the organization in the way various mystical elements are implemented. In other words it feels a little like you just decided to throw in magical elements wherever without much thought toward having them make sense.

Also, more importantly as far as writing in general, try putting in details, make the reader sense the surroundings. and also the sequence of events seems to progress too quickly. Put in more dialogue and think about what it would be like to be one of the major protagonists for a scene and the process of what you would do and what would go through your head in going from point A to point B in the sequence.

Honestly what I'm trying to say is it just feels rushed.

#14 2009-05-20 07:54:53

Chandra Lowell
Website

I write my stories usually at midnight

#15 2009-05-23 06:21:23

Chandra Lowell
Website

“Why can I go?” I asked.
He growled. “Why did I open my big mouth?”  He muttered under his breath.
“What is over the River?” I demanded.
“Alright, alright” He breathed “It is the Daemon Leaders territory and as they are getting weaker no one can go” he explained.
“So-” I began.
“End of conversation” he snapped
“Ok then” I said slowly.
“Can-” I began.
“Please no more questions” he pleaded.
“Ok” I obeyed.
We arrived back at the Stables. I looked at my watch and gasped.
“What’s wrong” he growled, eyes flickering everywhere.
“Its 4:30PM” I began “I’m late-I missed school and I am late for going home.
“I can get a favour” he said, his eyes filled with mischief.
Next thing I knew I was standing in front of a Witch Stall called ‘Rent-A-Broom’
“So” the Witch muttered in a surprisingly normal voice “do you know, how to ride a broom”
“N-” I began.
“Of course she does” Moon-Struck interrupted with great mischief in his voice.
“Ok then” The Witch said with much enthusiasm. A very tall and strong Man picked me up. He had black hair and golden eyes. He then froze. Moon-Struck was growling and snarling at him. The Man did the same. Then the Man put his big, strong arm up, I felt the coldness of his body. His arm was going down to try it grab me by the throat but Moon-Struck turned into his Wolf Man form and lunged at me. The force pushed me out of the Man’s arms and onto the broom. The Broom whooshed out of the market and, as I shouted home, it suddenly turned up and went for a hole in the Cavern ceiling. It raced through it and as I saw my house I shouted as loud as I could “That one” as I pointed to my house.
It flew to my door step and whooshed off.
I waited as I steadied myself then heard my Mum shout out of the window “Where have you been young lady!”
“If I told you, you would not believe me” I muttered.
“What was that!” she shouted.
“Slow school day and my um… friends told me about a party and it took me ages to tell them I couldn’t go” I shouted back up.
“I’ll find out what really happened later” She said.
I went inside. My Dad was still at work. The phone rang and I quickly ran to get it.
“Hello” I said cheerfully.
“Hi it’s Janet” I heard the familiar voice “where were you?”
“You would not believe me if I told you” I muttered.
“Of course I would!” She replied.
“I’m not telling” I said teasingly.
“Awe” she replied. “Anyway wanna go to the skate park, I heard Tom is gonna try a 360 twist on his skate-board on Friday at 4:30pm.”
“Well of course I’m comin’ why wouldn’t I?” I said.
“Maybe in you’re wacky day you met someone” she said.
“Oi do-” I began but Janet put the phone down.
I groaned at what she thought. I wished I was still with him in his mystical world.
I wondered if I would meet him again tomorrow. I’ll ask him if when I throw the stick then he come. Yeah I will do that! I thought.

#16 2009-05-24 15:26:27

Goldie

i still say it's a softened version that could be more, for lack of a better word, alive.

how can never ever be ever if never ever was ever, ever?
yes, i said that, but what do i mean, I'm what was that, thats crazy, crazy go nuts, nutty nuts. ok i guess I'm done, but it will never be over, now will it????????

#17 2009-05-25 15:15:52

Chandra Lowell
Website

Shena Longclaw wrote:

I write my stories usually at midnight

that is why it is not my best work.
This is part of one of my stories I wrote at ten

Wolf Story
Chapter 1
The Beggining
One cold day, a week before spring on Amethyst Mountains a little, male grey wolf cub been born. He was called Rex and he was a light but dark brown wolf with little bits of black and white. His dad was called Fang and he was a deep, dark black that with his pack matches his personality but was really quite gentle. His mum, Sarah, on the other hand was a very light brown with bits of white. His dad was the leader of the pack and their pack was called Full Moon. His mother was the one of only 5 females who helped with the hunting while the other 15 females looked after the cubs. As a cub,     Rex was Adventuress and loved adventuring Amethyst Mountains.

One day in late Spring, Rex went out to the mountains with his best friend, Bella, who was light brown with bits of white, because he had found a new place. The place was a big, huge mountain “what is so special about it, it’s just like all the other mountains, snowy” Bella said unimpressed
“Bella, it isn’t the mountain, it’s what’s over the mountain” shouted Rex as he ran up the steep mountain.
When they got to the top of the mountain, Bella stared down in amazement. She was looking at the most beautiful place she had ever seen. It had trees, food everywhere so they could never go hungry and rabbits to chase everywhere, it was brilliant. Bella and Rex played all day nearly, running, chasing rabbits and one or two
Coyotes.
A few days past and one time when they went to their special place there was a cave with dark, moving figures. So they ran to get a better look and maybe even go inside. They ran and ran until they saw what was in because when they did Rex and Bella just wanted to run back.

#18 2009-06-07 08:37:46

Chandra Lowell
Website

U want alive.
This is a bit that is going to come.

I felt the wind smack my face a I fell. I tried to twist right round but the wind wouldn't let me so I just turned my head and looked into the eyes. The eyes of my killer. I couldn't bare it so I turned back and then say the eyes of my once true love.

#19 2009-09-14 13:04:59

Chandra Lowell
Website

I've finished this with 8 chapters

Board footer