The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-19 19:10:31

Nova 5
Website

Problem with Sleep...

The last few days, I've been having problems sleeping. It's been over 24 hours since I last rested. While fatigued, my mind won't rest.

A few old, familiar faculties are returning - heightened sense of smell, awareness, night vision. It seems my mind just can't shut down. Perhaps too much is re-arranging itself upon return to activity (and my recent ceasing of suppressing my wolf nature). But I'm not sure.

Anyway, my question is simple: Anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you manage to rest?

Addendum: I've tried exercising more than usual (10 mile bike ride + kayaking for an hour in the same day did nothing), playing mind puzzles, cutting out caffeine for a day, and none of it's worked. I suspect this is more than a usual sleep issue, but don't know for certain.

Thanks in advance to you all.

новая звезда ПЯТЬ

"The living should never be used to serve the purposes of the dead. But the dead , should, if possible, serve the purposes of the living."

#2 2009-06-19 19:40:16

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Re: Problem with Sleep...

Oddly enough I've not been sleeping as much recently either. For the past week or so I'd say. Although not to the extreme you're suffering. I'll wake up from some random dream at around 3/4am in the morning...and then not sleep till at least 7am...I do make up for it by sleeping in as much as possible though big_smile I can never see to recall the dreams I have though.

I honestly can't help with the sleep thing, I'd of tried what you've already mentioned (bikes rides...or a run for me, no caffeine) and the occasional lenghty session of DDR to tire me out...thats if you're a DDR fan though XD
That would get me sleeping easy. If what you've mentioned isn't working, try a visit to the doctors...see if they can help in some way, after all, it wouldn't be good if the problem persisted!

Hope you get some decent sleep soon Nova, let me know how things go! Good luck!

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#3 2009-06-19 23:39:19

WolfVanZandt
Website

"Anyway, my question is simple: Anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you manage to rest?"

Yes; and, I didn't.

Fortunately, it only lasted a couple of weeks and then my different "sides" integrated into one. After that, I was okay.

#4 2009-06-19 23:53:04

Vindicator
Seer of the West [Moderator]
Website

This past week has been absolutely terrible for sleeping. I was grabbed by a creativity bug and when that happens, my mind runs on overdrive and then sleep just flies out the window even after being exhausted. This overdrive happens periodically and I have some tricks up my sleeve to get to sleep, and they might be of use to you all as well. One thing that I find helps is taking a night time jaunt, while out focusing on the night can be very calming and then by the time you make it back to your bed, your mind would be quieter and sleep will come to the weary traveler. The other thing I found that helps is whatever it is that is keeping you up, sedate it by doing something. For example when I'm in a creativity overdrive, I'll usually go write some of my ideas down and such to get it out of my system. Now that becomes harder when it is on overdrive with various worries or deeper topics but the principle can usually hold its own. I hope that helps some.

"What makes a monster and what makes a man?" ~Bells of Notre Dame.

#5 2009-06-20 04:40:02

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

WolfVanZandt wrote:

"Anyway, my question is simple: Anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you manage to rest?"

Yes; and, I didn't.

Fortunately, it only lasted a couple of weeks and then my different "sides" integrated into one. After that, I was okay.

ONLY a couple of weeks? o_0
I think if I had sleeping problems for a couple of weeks I'd go a little crazy...then again, it could just be me who relies on sleep a bit too much! Translate to: "Lazy as possible, will stay in bed for as long as possible...9am to me is early" Heh

Vin's idea seems pretty good, I'll have to try that out if I start having little/no sleep again.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#6 2009-06-20 14:56:34

WolfVanZandt
Website

Aye. I was in college and it was about to get me. But there are people who have sleep problems for years. It's not that they get no sleep - it's that they never get a complete sleep cycle. I was getting about 2 hours of sleep a night.

I can think of only two other things that have ever given me problems with my sleep - anger and heat. when hot weather begins, it takes me a few days to adjust.

#7 2009-08-23 14:04:28

LycanGal120

I've also had a hard time sleeping. At night its like i want to run outside constantly, and i try everything to get to sleep, but nothing works.

#8 2009-08-23 20:37:03

Illeana_NightRain
Website

I've been having problems sleeping for years now. >.< I find just laying down and reading a book with as little light as I can and still be able to see the words on the page for a bit tends to help. Not all the time, but a good amount of the time.

"I haven't slept in what seems like a century and now I can barely breathe" -The Crow and the Butterfly, Shinedown
Apart, we are broken. Together, we are one.
Oh yeah...did I forget to mention that I'm unhealthily obsessed with bunnies?

#9 2009-09-19 23:54:37

MytaWolfChild

i've always had a hard time sleeping. i'm definately not a morning person, but i become more alert around 9 or ten. and for be being outside at night is so relaxing. maybe you should try spending the night outside and see how it feels.

"You think you're cute, don't you?"
"I think I'm ADORABLE." - Dean Winchester
~Myta~

#10 2009-09-21 09:08:16

lord_hondros
Hound Of Darkness

I also have had a VERY hard time sleeping for a while now...
Get a hematite necklace and where it ALL day. Even while sleeping, showering, everywhere, all the time

#11 2009-09-21 23:18:42

Roi Doberwolf
Pleasantville resident
Website

That really sucks. I only have that problem after staring at the computer screen all day (basically half of my summer).
But when I do have difficulty sleeping, I listen to relaxing music (which usually consists of wolf howls or other animal and/or nature sounds and some classical music). Maybe think of something you really like 'til you find yourself dozing? I wish you luck if you're still having trouble, I'm afraid I'm not much help.

"Man is not a beast. Compared to man, beast are angels. Do they kill their own for the sake of killing?
Do they worship Satan? Man wrecks, and ravages, and calls the devil. But unlike beasts, and unlike angels...
Man can cry, and confess, and repent. Change, and begin again. GIVE THE DEVIL HELL!"

Board footer