The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-04 23:17:39

HowlingMoon

How to find others Therians near me?

Hi I know this question has probably been asked like 1000 times but I live in Florida and I was looking for others like me.
I know that a Howl is the best way but that is the problem.I don't know where to go or anything.
If anyone knows anything it would be a big help.
I mean i am a wiccan and a therian and I just don't have anyone to talk to about this really.Funny thing is I kinda feel like I am alone. ^-^'

Last edited by HowlingMoon (2009-10-04 23:35:02)

Give me hope, give me reason.Tell me things to stop the bleeding.
Give me life, give me freedom.This addiction is so misleading.
Hate me today, save me tomorrow. It's too late, bring the sorrow.

#2 2009-10-04 23:52:25

WolfVanZandt
Website

Re: How to find others Therians near me?

Grph! Florida is crawling with Howlers. Go to the Werelist and check around. It's been a couple of years since we've had a Floridian at the SEHowl but we've had quite a few. Which part of Florida do you live in?

#3 2009-10-04 23:59:54

HowlingMoon

I live near Orlando,a town called Apopka. I used to live in Texas buuuut that was long ago. hmm

#4 2009-10-05 00:27:37

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Ah... the Blue Darters. wink Hahahahahahaha, I'm up here in Tallahassee (a bit away) but in Florida nonetheless. There are a couple of members that I do believe live relatively close to you...

BTW, it's nice to make your acquaintance!

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#5 2009-10-05 00:31:12

HowlingMoon

White Wolf wrote:

Ah... the Blue Darters. wink Hahahahahahaha, I'm up here in Tallahassee (a bit away) but in Florida nonetheless. There are a couple of members that I do believe live relatively close to you...

BTW, it's nice to make your acquaintance!

Hahaha yep thats us well I used to be,I didn't think anyone would know about the Blue Darters.
And its nice to meet you as well,I have been hoping to find others but I never knew how til now.

#6 2009-10-05 02:05:56

WolfVanZandt
Website

Hey, I used to ship plants from Apopka back in, oh, 1972 or so.....

Yeah, check at Werelist - one of the mods is in Gainesville (I think - somewhere around there).

#7 2009-10-05 17:52:12

HowlingMoon

Okay thank you sooo much!

#8 2009-10-05 21:22:36

White Wolf
Dreamer of the East [Moderator]
Website

Hahahahahahaha, yeah there's really no reason why I should know their mascot other than I heard it at some point and thought it was a really unique name, I guess that's why it stuck in my head. wink

Nos totus take diversus semita ut a similis fortuna per sapientia, vires, quod fides in divinus nostrum maioribus socius.

#9 2009-10-05 21:59:28

HowlingMoon

Hahahaha
Yeah I thought they had just made it all up but I guess I was wrong. The funny thing is I bumped into my old drawing teacher and found out that he's a Therian too. I mentioned it to him and he just looked at me then smiled.He said he has never been to a Howl or anything either and would like to go.
I just can't belive it my ex-teacher is Therian.
We got to talking and well he said he was going to try and make an account on here to find out more. Bad thing is I don't think he wife knows which he said he would never ever tell her because he was just going to live with it and move on.Not making it sound bad but he would just try to keep it on the down low until the time is right.
Not alot of people belive in Therians and stuff soooo I understood.

#10 2009-10-05 23:25:42

WolfVanZandt
Website

Most people know Therians. They just don't know that they know Therians. If you pull a few Therians together down there, you can work up an ongoing Howl, and maybe you can carpool up to the SEHowl one year.

#11 2009-10-05 23:29:53

HowlingMoon

That would be something,to go to.I would love to go. I am reading alot of the stuff posted learning things I didn't know.

#12 2009-10-07 07:23:55

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

Ive been strongly considering creating a howl somewhere near Gainsville, tho i live in Jacksonville im thinking a mid state location would be best, or even better the ocala national forest. So care to tell me about yourself?
yim: hdavis5000
aim: hdavis3009
msn: hsdavis@mail.itt-tech.edu

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#13 2009-10-07 19:08:06

HowlingMoon

Okay well I found out more and Therianthropy from my best friend.Her husband is a wolf therian and we got to talking and he told me about some sites that had other therians.
I'm a bit of a loner but I'm fiercly loyal to my family and friends.
I always felt some odd unplace able connection to wolves and when I had my first Dreamshift I didn't think anything of it I thought it was just a plain dream but soon after I found out it wasn't.
What would you like to gain from these forms?: Simply put some friends and a place to learn more about therianthropy and maybe to not only find help but to help others as well where ever possible.

#14 2009-10-07 19:16:41

were<3nonwere

Hi there I am new and my friend says she is a werewolf. she just been turned and she needs help she can't control her emotions anger, and lust most. I don't know what to do to help her I was hoping someone would see this and email me and tell me what to do

#15 2009-10-07 22:47:34

WolfVanZandt
Website

I don't know if telling you what to do would help. It seems like she's the one that needs advise.

#16 2009-10-08 02:02:14

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

im not dismissing your comments, and by your fashion of type youre very stressed,  but being turned isnt usually common as far as i know. could you explain the situation in further detail?

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#17 2009-10-08 13:26:43

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Hmmm...going a bit back onto the topic title, I initially thought there were no Therians around me at all, that being a therian was something pretty unheard of (as it one point, it was unheard of to me too), especially over here on the British Isles. However, after I signed up on Werelist, I eventually got chatting to quite a few people, a lot of which were from the UK too. One person ended up living rather close to a place I go every Saturday, and we decided to meet on one of these Saturdays. We got along great, and although we tend to only meet up when we both go to the same store on Saturdays, we've become quite good friends. Also, a very close friend of mine has recently come to the realisation and conclusion that she is a Therian.

I think it goes to show that Therianthropy isn't as 'few and far between' as people (myself included) tend to think it is. I may not have attended Howls and such, but I do know 2 other therians who are near me. I founf that the Werelist is a great site to find out about Howls somewhere near your area, and the other therians who live nearby.
Therianthopy is much closer to home than I'd ever thought. I think what WVZ says is right; most people know therians, but they just don't know that they are therians. smile

Last edited by TheGremlin (2009-10-08 13:28:58)

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#18 2009-10-10 14:06:39

shinigami
Website

im in indiana anyone got a good idea of anyone?

http://tiandiyuhui.ning.com/ a place for all those who walk our paths...
vampirefreaks-samuraillama
for the wounded man may say to his assailant, if i  live i shall kill you, if i die you are forgive, such is the way of honor...

#19 2009-10-10 22:56:40

WolfVanZandt
Website

Heh, I was there in July visiting a Werewolf in Louisville, KY. You know, the best way to find other Therians is to get out and meet them. If you're not old enough to travel, be patient.

#20 2009-10-11 02:19:29

shinigami
Website

eh im 19 and in the army, but is there a simple way to feel them out? my friend felt me out and awakened my side... he was very dormant lol... but now i can commune with him more often...

for the wounded man may say to his assailant, if i  live i shall kill you, if i die you are forgive, such is the way of honor...

#21 2009-10-11 02:23:02

WolfVanZandt
Website

That comes with experience and I don't know any way to tell you how - it's an intuition thing.

#22 2009-10-11 14:35:27

shinigami
Website

ahhh lol... well perhaps there are basic traits to look for... or shall i say feel for... i know i sound patheticly pupish... (god i hate admiting that) but knowledge is the best to defeat that....

#23 2009-10-11 23:44:03

WolfVanZandt
Website

Yeah, there are, but intuition only works when you're not too analytical. Once you start trying to analyze what's going on, you stop taking in information and you start trying to think about it. Intuition is sensing, not thinking. The best way for you to develop the ability is to be around Therians and learn it naturally. If you don't know any Therians around you, the best way to meet them is at established gatherings.

#24 2009-10-11 23:57:59

HowlingMoon

I know there is one gathering well a Howl that is going to take place in South Carolina.Its kinda alittle far from where I live in Florida but if I could go I would too.Its alittle hard to meet others buuuut I am trying my best one step at a time. big_smile

#25 2009-10-12 01:58:02

WolfVanZandt
Website

After the first one, it gets easier.

Board footer