The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-26 20:56:34

choondooga

This is . . . Not very good. But what the Hell.

This is the very, very unedited, bare-bones little snippet of a story I've been doodling on for a bit.
Erm . . . Yeah. Enjoy. Or not. Your choice . . .

I slung my leg over the side of my motorcycle and revved it up, giving the guys a quick wave as they finished packing up.  The bike roared under me as I throttled up and sped down the road, enjoying the sensation of the cool night air against my skin.  The stars shone brightly in the clear, black nighttime sky.  The grassy hills blurred as I flew by.  I arched my back to lean closer to the handlebars, glad that I had worn my leather jacket as the chilly wind whipped my hair against my face.  I leaned with the bike as the road curved and wove through the hills. All was silent but the constant noise of the motorcycle and the occasional howl of a far-off dog. 
  The howls grew louder as I neared the road leading to my raggedy house.  I hoped that the neighbors’ dogs hadn’t escaped again.  The last time that I’d found them roaming my property the owners had promised to repair the fence that ran around their farm.  I frowned as I accelerated to turn a sharp corner.  Just around the bend a huge, dark thing crouched at the side of the road, staring at me with yellow eyes that reflected the moonlight like flames.  I stared at the thing, unable to pull my eyes away from the black face.  I couldn’t identify any features but the shining eyes.  As I slowed the bike to get a better view of the thing, it rose up on two feet and snarled at me.  I twisted the throttle and swerved away from the . . . whatever it was.  It leaped at me so quickly that it became just a blur and knocked me off of the motorcycle.  My bike slid along the road before disappearing in the tall grass that grew in the ditches.  I soared to the opposite side of the road and slammed against the ground, cushioned by the dead leaves that littered the shoulder.  Pain ballooned in my chest and back.  The thing let out a barking sort of laugh and crept towards me as I lay in shock.  I could feel the leaves stirring as the creature neared me.  I rolled to my side and clutched my ribs, willing myself to get up and run.  The beast seemed to be taking its time to cross the road, knowing that I couldn’t move to escape.  I splayed my hand against the dirt and pushed myself to my knees, keeping one arm wrapped around my cracked ribs. With a sudden effort I clambered to my feet and stumbled towards the forest.  The creature didn’t make any movement to grab me as I pushed my way into the thick brush.  I wondered why it didn’t seem to worry about its prey walking away under its very nose, but this thought couldn’t hold my attention for very long. The brush began to give way to tall trees, leaving open spaces, allowing me to travel faster.  I glanced back over my shoulder and, seeing no sign that the thing was following, started sprinting.  My lungs pushed against the fractured ribs with every gasping breath.  The light from the full moon filtered down through the canopy to speckle the forest floor.  The forest was utterly silent now, whether in fear of me or the creature, I wasn’t sure.  With every stride I winced at the pain of my ribs, but I pushed on in desperation.  When the thing still hadn’t appeared after several minutes, I slowed my pace and tried to get my bearings.  I had no idea what it could have been.  It didn’t seem to be particularly violent, since it hadn’t tried to harm me further than throwing me from my bike.  I pulled my cell phone out with shaky hands, amazed that it’d survived the rough fall.

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#2 2009-10-27 01:40:39

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Re: This is . . . Not very good. But what the Hell.

keep going! big_smile

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#3 2009-10-27 11:40:36

choondooga

AshenWolf wrote:

keep going! big_smile

*fervent thanks*

All I know is that they hurt like hell and as soon as I can get up off this floor I’m gonna find that bastard and kill him.
- Gabe Ambrose

#4 2009-10-27 18:00:48

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

big_smile your talented!

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

Board footer