The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-01 17:50:06

NyghtShade
Website

Animal tendencies converging to human Tendencies?

I noticed today looking for other Therians that there where several on here and a very Lively discussion held on by SherlawkDragon and noted that questions need to be placed in the correct place.

Short story - I'm new. lol I've always been the last person to know anything about myself. or the names or words or whatever. I've always felt like a cat. from my movement, grooming tendencies (both stress cleaning and cleaning when really sick) , ETC ETC ETC.

So here is my question I've only met  and KNOWN about 4-5 other animalistic people (mixed assortment of furries and therians) and Was wondering since i tend to not get along well with wolves if that is simply the way it goes?  I make really great friends with them and then they kinda wander off or be extremely rude.  Is that simply wolves? or just the scattered wolves around me?

~Cyn

"Too see everything clearly is the bane of existence, But to see nothing is even worse."

#2 2009-09-01 18:45:44

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

Re: Animal tendencies converging to human Tendencies?

Well, being a wolf myself...I migh have some bias in this area. So what I say may not necessarily be true or anything.

Welcome to the cafe by the way! I'm Grem, and it's a pleasure to welcome you here! big_smile

Since I only know 1 other therian, possibly 2 (the 'possible' being someone who does see themself as a particular animal, and has done for a while...but I think is trying to deny that they could be a 'Therian') I can't really say what a standard wolf therians behaviour would be like. Me personally, I'd hate to think that I'm extremely rude, or wander away from people that are friends. Not intended to make myself sound amazing or anything, but I don't think I'm a rude person, not at all.

I know of (through the internet, so not the most reliable source I guess) therian couples, one being a wolf therian, and the other being a cat therian for example. They get along peachy and perfect. My personal opinion is that, a persons theriotype(s) doesn't affect their attitudes or behaviours with another person based on their theriotype(s). It might just be the wolves you know.
I think any therian can get along well with any therian, regardless of theriotype(s). I also think that any therian can absolutely hate, or just plain not like another therian, regardless of theriotype(s).

I hope thats helped in someway! Feel free to ask anything else if need be!

Enjoy yourself at the Cafe! big_smile

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#3 2009-09-01 19:02:06

NyghtShade
Website

Thank you Gremlin for the warm greetings big_smile

Like I said was just curious as I have met So few Therians myself. and the ones I had were wolves.

Woo learning new words theriotype is meaning the animal that is us to be simplistic with the answer right?

"Too see everything clearly is the bane of existence, But to see nothing is even worse."

#4 2009-09-01 19:08:26

TheGremlin
Wolf across the Pond

No problem, I hope you stick around and find what you need here, as well as enjoy yourself! smile

For me, and I assume most other therians, the theriotype is the animal that a therian feels they are internally. For me, my therioside is a wolf.

Hahah, I'm not the most knowledgable for all things therian, having only come to terms with and accepted it for just under 3 months now, although if theres anything that you are confused with, please don't hesitate to ask me here, or email me if need be. I'm always happy to help! big_smile

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year

#5 2009-09-01 20:00:31

NyghtShade
Website

big_smile thats awesome though! To understand thyself is the reason we are all here anyway!

Yeah I definately would have to say the Theriotype is a great cat. Its changed 3xs in my life the last time I was super aware of my beast it was rubbing up against a wolf... lol since then its been only wolves I've found...  Oh black leopard that time:) i hope so as well

#6 2009-09-02 00:31:18

WolfVanZandt
Website

Gracious! I hope you're not looking to the Internet to learn about yourself. You'll get plenty of good information but you're also going to get some really bad information. Are you sure you can tell the difference?

There's at least as much variation in personality in the Therian community as there is in the larger Human community. There's probably a "why" floating around in respect to those Therians' behavior toward you but I certainly can't speak for them.

#7 2009-09-02 02:25:13

NyghtShade
Website

Haha WVF no I'm far from looking at the internet as my guide to myself... that road map has long been carved into my heart lol.  Deep Meditation is key to learning more about oneself. But being a cat away from others is hard hmm

And that is SERIOUSLY what I was looking for. Is there a psychological connection betwixt the animals and how they act or are they as singular and different no mattering their Therian roots.

Ty WVF --plafully pulls on tail-- --lick--

Last edited by NyghtShade (2009-09-02 02:26:00)

#8 2009-09-02 23:40:53

WolfVanZandt
Website

I would say no, but others would debate me, so take your choice.

I say that the nonhuman animals and the human animals are all individuals. We are all tied to each other but no more one than another. There is no special connection between the Wolf and the Werewolf. It's the same connection we have with everyone else.

Deep meditation (you might as well say "self hypnosis") is the key to making up things as you go along - it's not a source of reliable information. The key to learning more about yourself is simply to pay attention.

#9 2009-09-03 00:49:13

NyghtShade
Website

LOL WVF!!!!

For me Deep Meditation is the place where I observe myself. And learn. I believe that through meditation we can reach other planes of existence/ enlightenment. I believe that there are places that we can only go from this side of the view through meditation.

--pokes WVF meany tongue--

#10 2009-09-03 02:44:51

WolfVanZandt
Website

It has been a common belief in the Therian community in the past but fortunately, it's sorta dying out. I've studied meditation (deep and shallow) and it's pretty much self hypnosis which as a great way to find answers to life's questions but you only come up with the answers you want.....whether there's any truth to them or not.

Meditation does have it's uses. The orient used it to quiet the mind and that remains the primary use of it. But to find answers.....nah.

#11 2009-09-03 03:37:31

NyghtShade
Website

big_smile WVF your so smart tongue

I see I'm going to have to look further into the matter of this big_smile

#12 2009-09-16 09:07:22

shadowwolfx
Elder Alpha

nyghtshade...... i live in jax also...wild

They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."

#13 2009-09-16 09:16:04

NyghtShade
Website

Cool!

#14 2009-10-28 13:29:52

Cratys
Website

I knew another wolf therian. We were super close, almost like soul mates (though we weren't at all dating). ANd he did just what you said. One little disagreement over whether I would hypothetically enjoy an threesome or not (stupid right?) and he stopped talking to me forever. When I tried to talk to him he was all rude and just pushed me away. It was such a stupid fight, it shouldn't have even been a fight. Maybe it is wolf nature to want to run away and be alone....

But....

I am the opposite of him. Where he prefers the "cold-hearted lone wolf" thing, I prefer a pack...though without him I don't have one anymore, but I'm still willing to stick around after a fight, not run off and reject the other person forever...though I might given a fight serious enough.

Board footer