The Werewolf Café The Werewolf Café

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

#26 2009-07-30 21:11:41

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Re: Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

I know how you feel, SouthPaw.  A couple people have walked up to me and asked why I was angry. hmm And every time that's happened, I haven't been angry...I hadn't felt any particular emotions at all.  I don't know if it can be connected to this, I just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. tongue

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#27 2009-07-30 22:14:45

SouthPaw

What's bizarre is that even if I smile at them, they still avert their eyes.  I was in the grocery store the other night.  The lady behind the counter saw me as I walked up to the register and started a polite conversation about some of the items I was buying.  The conversation turned to a bit of joking while she was busy ringing up the reciept and I was bagging my own groceries.  When she proceeded to give me the receipt, I smiled back at her, looked directly into her eyes, then she looked away real quick and her expression became unnerved.  Maybe I had something stuck between my teeth that day lol.

#28 2009-07-30 23:36:44

Black Shuck
Website

Wow, that must be frustrating! I have a tendency not to really look at people when I talk to them, but I take notice if they're smiling and try to be polite and talk back and smile and everything. I mean, it IS the polite thing to do....

I always get people asking if I'm angry, although usually they ask if I'm depressed o_O Uh... no. I'm fine, thanks. Like Total, I'm usually not really feeling anthing at that moment- especially anger or depression! A lot of people also find it necessary to ask if I'm angry with them, when I am most definitely not angry (although asking me if I'm angry with them or just angry in general and then trying to get me to say yes because they feel they know what I'm experiencing will most definitely make me angry).

Anyways, I don't think any of that really pertains to being a therian and most definitely does not relate to any kind of animal side getting me in trouble so I'll be quiet now. <_<

"Would you love a monsterman?
Could you understand beauty of the beast?
I would do it all for you, would you do it all,
Do it all for me?" -Lordi

#29 2009-08-05 19:03:10

Black-Inferno

What an interesting topic! smile

I've caught myself (well, actually it was pointed out by a friend) baring my teeth like some mad dog when I was angry (or threatened, I suppose).  It's fairly difficult (and awkward) trying to explain that behavior. XP
Aha...not that this is a trait solely belonging to therians, but I have an annoying tendancy to yelp when startled.  And go figure, wolf therian or not, I always get someone who isn't in the same room asking if I stepped on the dog's paw. XD

That's really interesting about the eyes, though.  I wonder...does therian type have any influence on the eye contact matter? Or is that solely an personality based thing?

This is a dead account. sad

#30 2009-08-06 01:42:54

Black-Inferno

Hm...then maybe it is influenced by personality.  I'm a wolf myself, though I find I have issues maintaining eye contact- I always feel it is awkward or....I dunno how to describe it.  Though I'm timid by nature, so it may be the personality thing.

When people don't shy away from your gaze, do they end up staring?

This is a dead account. sad

#31 2009-08-06 02:33:53

SouthPaw

People who don't shy away just carry on a regular chat.  Looking off to the side or something, then back at me throughout the conversation in a natural manner.  I don't think it's natural for anyone to keep a constant lock on each other.  Most people will shift their glance to look at some other part of the face that still gives the impression of eye contact.

#32 2009-08-07 15:48:16

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

i know how that feels! ill just be walking at school, and all of a sudden, like 7 people ask me y im angry or depressed xD and i was actually in a good mood too

"It is better to be hated for what you are, than loved for what you are not."
                                                                                          -Andre Gide

#33 2009-10-04 23:28:22

HowlingMoon

Imagine your teacher asking you over and over 'Are you okay?' 'Is something wrong?' 'Why are you mad?' 'You look like your going to fight someone who is it maybe I can help.'
One of my teachers asked me that threw the whole year.It got annoying,one time when I got sooo tired of her asking me that when she said something I mumbled under my breath.'Well ask one more question and your going to see who is making me angry.' Not that I was I was layed back threw the whole class and I didn't really talk to anyone just sat in the back.But everyday the same questions.>.<
I am sooo glad that I don't have to deal with that anymore but my family is starting it up again.>.<'

Give me hope, give me reason.Tell me things to stop the bleeding.
Give me life, give me freedom.This addiction is so misleading.
Hate me today, save me tomorrow. It's too late, bring the sorrow.

#34 2009-10-07 02:05:15

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

lol i know the feeling, people always ask, someone even said, 'dont glare at me like that' i said, 'um, this is just my face' they said 'you look like so mad! you look like a wolf' XD and that was yesterday i think :p it never ends

-Andre Gide

#35 2009-10-11 20:38:00

hyperkitten811
Website

i like to sneak up on people when they aren't looking, and when i did this to a friend of mine, i got popped in the neck O_O

we are only limited by what our human minds tell us

#36 2009-10-12 03:49:09

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

i know the feeling, kitten

-Andre Gide

#37 2009-10-14 03:20:47

AwakenWolf

Hmm.. for us wolves I think it could be to do with the 'class' or hierarchy that wolves often show/ dogs show.
If someone sees you looking at them whether they know you 'were' or not they could be feeling the need to A)Give in/ Retreat (Southpaw's example)
or depending on the person's intuition, intelligence, etcetca B) subconciously ignore you> being more "strong" or C) not even notice a thing.
I don't think I got my idea across properly but I'm thinking around that sort of thing.
Also I have pondered that when your in the situation of your not feeling anything, and someone else is paying attention to you they automatically register a emotion to your emotionless face from past experiences, or some other factor.

And guys (and the girls, I wouldn't forget you wink )
This is just speculation.

Irony isn't ironic ironically. Its ironic. Isn't it?
I just don't have the patience to deal with you anymore. GTFO. NOW!!

#38 2009-10-14 03:25:20

AwakenWolf

Lol people continually think I'm angry, although I look like a 'stoner' apparentally. Funny thing is I've never touched any substance which severely alters my perception tongue.
Don't think people can handle it when I just ignore everyone and just think emotionlessly (yea, couldn't think of word).

Irony isn't ironic ironically. Its ironic. Isn't it?
I just don't have the patience to deal with you anymore. GTFO. NOW!!

#39 2009-11-09 15:25:46

Cratys
Website

For no real reason, I like top howl in the car. And I can howl really, REALLY loud and really well. There have been numerous times when I've gone outside (i live near wolves/ coyotes in the mountains) and howled just to freak out my friends. Anway, when I'm in the car I just sorta do it without thinking. One time, I as in the car with a bunch of people, one of which knows I'm therian, the others didn't and suddenly. Awoooooooooooooooooooooo---!!!

As I realized that I was howling I cut it off so it ended up sounding more like Awoo-ik! *cough* "Um, er, that was weird...*laugh*" everyone in the car busted out laughing and no one questioned what my weird noise was supposed to be, they just thought I was being funny to break the silence in the car. Heh luckily they were cool enough not to find me weird for that.

XD

#40 2009-11-09 17:08:00

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

i've been cuaght growling in frustartion while at work.....other techs will look at me like..... o.0 .....and i'll be like  tongue

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#41 2009-11-10 20:30:43

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

@drk:hahah wow i hate when that sort of thing happens tongue
@Cratys:you howl in the car w/o thinking about it? thats sweet smile when im sniffing i unconsciously lick things. do you think you could give us a sound clip of you howling? youre lucky you live by wolves! theyre all shot around here sad

-Andre Gide

#42 2009-11-14 20:25:53

Totalimmortal
HAHAHAHA...get it?

Well, very recently, I was unwrapping something (a DVD) from shrinkwrap, and I got so incredibly frustrated I ended up giving off a short, sharp little growl.

Damn you, shrinkwrap.
You are a creation of the devil himself.

That is all.

I'll come down and get you high.  Maybe sing you a lullaby.  Sing you to sleep, a sleep you'll never wake from.  Sing you to coma, so to speak.

#43 2009-11-15 00:59:04

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

XD awesome

-Andre Gide

#44 2009-11-15 01:02:39

lupusindefined
Dark Shadow

i scare the absolute crap out of my friends by just apearing without them noticing me...i also had a "friend" tell me not to growl at people...i have also had the problem of people thinking that im depressed or angry...i get realy frustrated when they cant just leave it and drop the subject when i say that im fine though...cos there all like "you dont look fine... are you sure that your alright??"

Lupus

silver bullets dont work... not on me anyway =P ...the other guy however.... *looks at dead body lying on the ground*

#45 2009-11-15 09:57:55

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

i had one of these embarsing moments yesterday...i was i car with all my friends we where going to the mall, the music was playing loud and randomly i will out a sigh, but when i breath in before the sigh i'll do this little growl( i don't why i do it, it's just second nature or something). low and behold i happened to do it right as a song ended and it was quite and everyone heard.....needless to say i got the ...0.o....looks and i just tried to play it off like i was clearing my throat tongue
later that day my EX-GF (she was driving) gave me the 50 questions about it, she's the only one out of that car that knows about me,she actualy said it sounded like a real growl....it was just kinda awkward and embarsing......but looking back today i think it's knida funny big_smile

Last edited by drkgryfur (2009-11-15 09:59:20)

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#46 2009-11-15 11:09:38

Midnight-Vixen

So, this one time when Fenrir and myself were on a date (back when we were dating), we decided to go and get something to eat at a Mexican restaurant, which normally wasn't a big problem, but it was a full moon.

We're sitting in the booth beside each other, eating and talking, and then he starts sniffing my neck. We aren't talking a quick sniff, sniff and then it was over, I mean he was being loud about it. I actually had to scold him to get him to stop!

Of course, I look back at it now and I laugh, but at the time, I couldn't have been more mortified than if he had growled at the waiter.

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#47 2009-11-16 22:30:42

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

Vixen: awe! thats cute! atleast he didnt bite howl though :p
drk: i growl second naturely too, but not when i sigh! youre lucky u have a good growl, mine needs some work, i think anyways. smile
Lupus:urgh! i get those same dang questions! do all our friends think alike or something? its a conspiracy >_>

-Andre Gide

#48 2009-11-24 09:13:26

Midnight-Vixen

AshenWolf wrote:

Vixen: awe! thats cute! atleast he didnt bite howl though :p

lol

He was so adorable on the nights of the full moon. It was weird. He was always extra sweet, protective, and a few other things, but let's not go there. wink

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#49 2009-11-25 02:14:35

AshenWolf
wolf on the run

hahah tongue

-Andre Gide

#50 2009-12-21 04:55:07

Tokeacola

i chase my neighbors cats all the time haha its great fun big_smile haha but its always at night so no one is around to see my wolf self haha

....Blinded by me you cant see a thing, Just call my name 'cause i hear you scream, MASTER!!, MASTER!!....

• Index
  •  » Therianthropy
  •  » Embarrassing moments: When has your animal side got you in trouble?

Board footer