big_smile Thank you for that.

Synchronicity

#53 2009-01-26 11:35:42

Niktoma
Advocatus Diaboli
Website

Re: Bonder.....but a were,lycan?

ShadyHowl wrote:

But this troll is supposedly 120 billion gazillion years old. That must make it quite tasteless. I'll stick to ripping, you can do the chewing.

Sounds like an L. Ron Hubbard thing, to be honest, hahaha.

'OK, how about werewolves?' said the voice eventually.
'What do they look like?' asked the kid.
'Ah, well, they look perfectly normal right up to the point where they grow all, like, hair and teeth and giant paws and leap through the window at you,' said the voice.

#54 2009-01-26 15:38:31

Poncho
Stole your Duvet
Website

that jiggly panda is awesome. I just sat there for about 4 mins watching it. Thats gotta be some kind of record with my attention span. therian44  you genius.

"Some thoughts are less when spoken and some spoken words are less than the thought used behind it." Poncho 2009

#55 2009-01-26 15:39:06

Poncho
Stole your Duvet
Website

what was the topic, Girraffe's in a tree right?

"Some thoughts are less when spoken and some spoken words are less than the thought used behind it." Poncho 2009

#56 2009-07-15 22:17:29

SolitaryHowl

This thread is amusing.

#57 2009-11-08 17:46:13

Cratys
Website

Excuse me, please fellow members who are nice people please look away…I’m about to make myself look like a huge jerk.

Wow, someone’s been reading too many Animorphs books. Everything you’ve said I can pretty much quote out of the book/tv series. I don’t believe you one tiny little bit. I mean. Don’t come onto  a site full of complete strangers and proclaim you can p-shift, then CONVENIENTLY tell us your “afraid of cameras” sounds to me like you simply have no proof and are making up excuses. If you’re tired of people calling you a crazy liar then prove you aren’t. I’m gonna quote at least 50 people on the site here and say pics/ vids or it didn’t happen. Period.

Usually I’m really nice and I really like a lot of the members here, but I’m sick of people claiming they can do this kind of stuff and then conveniently have NO WAY of proving it AT ALL. If you can’t show us, then don’t tell us. True or not, it makes you look like a crazy person or liar. If you don’t want to look like one then again PROVE IT! Part of the reason I happen to be blowing up specifically on you in this particular thread is because we all know p-shifting is like the “holy grail” for all of us who are into this sort of stuff. And doing it is impossible. Most of us would LOVE to be able to do it. It makes me so mad when someone claims to have the “holy grail” and then won’t show anyone. It’s rather selfish and kind of cruel to take something we would love to be true but know to be fake, then dangle the promise of it actually being real in front of us only to snatch it away with “I’m afraid of cameras”. Saying things like that makes YOU look bad and on top of that it depresses the rest of us who WANT it to be real but know it’s not. Take your false hope elsewhere, because either you’ll look like a crazy liar, or the people you’re talking to will retaliate against you. Really sorry for being a jerk here, but seriously. If you don’t want to be called a liar then prove you aren’t until then, I’m with everyone else.

If you can’t/won’t prove it, then don’t make up excuses and don’t say you can do it. It’s just gonna piss some of us off. I’ve had a hundred conversations with other people like you.

Me: so you can shift?

Them: yep.

Me: can you show me?

Them: nope.

Me: why not?

Them: I’m afraid of cameras/I don’t have a camera/I can’t shift in front of people/ I can only do it on a Friday under a blue moon in October at exactly one o’clock standing in a puddle of unicorn blood/ I can only do it at night/ The govt. might find me/ I have no way to show you/ my kind are totally secret and we can’t show outsiders

Me: is there anyone who has seen you do it?

Them: No, because I can’t do it in front of people/ Yes, only my family or friends who conveniently have the same ip as me/ are playing along with my game to con you/ or conveniently are people you never have any way of contacting.

Grrr, I guess I should be used to these sort of poser posts by now. *sigh* rant over, sorry you fine werecafe veterans had to see that. I’ve just lost my temper for the first time at a role player, I know there’s a lot more but I just had to finally explode. Not that sorry that it was you, kay, who had to see it. I know that these sort of posts are common, and I know p-shifing is NOT REAL. But arg, I needed to get that off my chest. I guess after a while you build up patience for these sort of people, after this, I’ll start workin’ on my tolerance I promise.

Kay, personally, I wish that what you say is true. I wish that someone like the person you describe as yourself did exist. I wish people really could shift, heck,  I wish I could shift, I wish p-shifting was real, I wish people who say it’s real had some proof for the rest of us who sit around just wishing. I wish people would stop saying they can shift then making up excuses as to why they can’t prove it. You just don’t dangle that kind of false hope in front of people and not prove it. It’s just cruel and makes you look like a liar….now, begin rant #2!

My point here is not really to call you a liar, but to say that saying you can but not being able to prove it is offensive and hurtful to me personally.  I mean, to want something to be real so friggin bad but knowing it’s never gonna happen, and with lots of angry/sad/ frustrated emotions, you accept that it’s false and will never be anything more than a really nice fantasy and getting unwillingly slapped in the face with cold hard reality, then have someone come up and say

“Hey, don’t be down, it’s real, I can do it! ;D”

A tiny ray of hope, and I look up  with a "really?" And then time after time after time and million zillion different people, claiming the same thing all with the same result. No proof. Utter disappointment. There is no hope. No one can transform. It just can’t happen. And for me, at first it was emotionally depressing, and now just plain insulting when people claim this kind of stuff but can’t prove it. Just stop, it hurts enough to know that I won’t ever be able to do it, and that it doesn’t exist. You, and those like you with your proofless stories just rub it in. it’s like you’re mocking us who want it. Have fun in your little fantasy. But don’t rub it in my face pretending it’s fact, it’s like putting salt and lemon juice in an infected wound. Take your story and go away, unless you can prove that what you say is real, don’t insult me and stop dangling false hope in front of me. Like I said, it’s just plain cruel.

Whew…okay, really done this time. Sorry guys, I just had to say all that…maybe this should be its own thread. But seriously..I’m sure others feel the same, and I might seem like big baby, spitting it out like that, but someone had to voice it that way…may as well be me.

#58 2009-11-08 18:48:56

drkgryfur
crazy wolf
Website

Cratys wrote:

Me: so you can shift?

Them: yep.

Me: can you show me?

Them: nope.

Me: why not?

Them: I’m afraid of cameras/I don’t have a camera/I can’t shift in front of people/ I can only do it on a Friday under a blue moon in October at exactly one o’clock standing in a puddle of unicorn blood/ I can only do it at night/ The govt. might find me/ I have no way to show you/ my kind are totally secret and we can’t show outsiders

Me: is there anyone who has seen you do it?

Them: No, because I can’t do it in front of people/ Yes, only my family or friends who conveniently have the same ip as me/ are playing along with my game to con you/ or conveniently are people you never have any way of contacting.

first off well done....you ARE MY HERO...second this qouted section had me rolling on the ground laughing
i do belive in all truth p-shifting has been lost, due to trying to "blend" in with todays society...when some one says then can do it i think to myself "yeah ok"
it's an ugly truth but i'm glad someone said it

1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
adjective
1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
— nor·mal·i·ty — nor·mal·ly

#59 2009-11-08 19:13:21

Cratys
Website

Yaaay someone agrees! XD Thanks for that hero bit, i've had a really bad day and needed that. <3

#60 2009-11-08 22:58:29

Bandit.

This thread was 11 months old.  And then four months old.  And that's just on this page alone, I can't be bothered remembering how many times it's been necromancer'd in the past.  Why do people keep reviving it?

Also, fyi, this is the kind of reaction trolls want; you're just feeding them.

#61 2009-11-08 23:20:05

WolfVanZandt
Website

Well, trolls have to eat, too......

#62 2009-11-08 23:29:03

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

its fun to see them talk.

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#63 2009-11-09 14:33:56

Cratys
Website

When I'm at work I can't log in and post, so I just lurk the site and find stuff that I'd like to reply to...not really paying attention to how old stuff is. *sigh* and what exactly is the definition of an internet troll? I thought it was someone who's just really mean to other members all the time for no good reason.

#64 2009-11-09 14:50:36

Moonfur
Dragon-kin

no,i think they just spout crap that's untrue..

"In the time it took for you to walk down one little hallway,I went to London,got my head blown off,and came back."-Schrodinger-Hellsing "Now lets go die like mangy dogs!"-bernadotte-hellsing "Please Mr. Bernadette,do not smoke inside me."-Seras-hellsing

#65 2009-11-09 15:17:11

Cratys
Website

Maybe both? A lot of untrue and mean crap?...hmm *goes to make a new thread*

#66 2009-11-16 07:54:29

Rainbow BeerWolf

Please enlighten me with some proof of this 'physical shapeshifting'.

Otherwise I may assume you have read one too many Animorphs books. Don't go online saying you can transform unless you can prove it. Being shy of cameras is a really, really (I can't stress enough) poor excuse. I didn't come to this site to be inundated with teenage roleplayer wannabes. This is a HUGE put off for me.

Thank you.

Oh - why keep reviving this stupid thread? The human race (and let's face it, every single person on this forum is human whether they like it or not) enjoys having a say. And I just had to say mine. Grow up!

"I never realised the Deptartment of Agriculture was interested in National Security. Do you have like, undercover cows?" - John Corey (Nelson Demille)

#67 2009-11-16 09:47:05

Midnight-Vixen

If I can quote someone important to me at this time

"Pictures, or it didn't happen"

By the time you have finished reading this, you will realize that you have just wasted five seconds of your life. ^_^

#68 2009-11-16 14:04:29

Talissa

Ok without disrespecting anyone (and I mean it, no one should feel targetted here I am only going to state a few rules of magic).

1) Currently on earth there is a law established by the ancient gods (Gaia and Yahwee) that states that any "none human" sentient soul wishing to exist on earth on the prime material plane has to subject itself to the temporary removal of all its powers and inhabit a standard human body. For those wanting to know why, look around in what state the Earth (meaning Gaia) is and read on.

2) Gaia uses the laylines as a form of purification system. She outputs purified magic through some and this magic absorbs any impurities, heals damage etc and then reenters the core of the earth through other laylines. At that time Gaia purefies this energy and starts the cycle anew. This has been all good and fine up till a few centuries ago, when we(everyone living on it) started destroying the planet at an incredible pace. Now, Gaia can no longer allow other beings from borrowing magic as she did before, she need whatever little energy she has left to just stay alive.

3) Thusly, the great miracles called magic that used to take place 4 to 5 thousand years ago are no longer possible, due to the very limited amount of magic left to use. This is usually used in wiccan rituals, but nothing powerful is possible anymore (see rule 1 and rule 2 for why)

4) Physical Lycantropy, or physical shape changing for those born with the power requires a tremendous amount of magic. First, a dna blueprint of the initial body must be stored perfectly somewhere without any flaw for later. Then, the body must be applied a new DNA template, that of the animal/hybrid form. Then , the body must be transformed WITHOUT killing it, thusly requiring large amounts of regenerative powers. To turn back to normal the process has to be reversed.

Simply the amount of magic needed to effect a change is currently simply not THERE..... Even if one had the Lycantropy virus within him, it either simply could not activate or would kill its host.

Now, anyone who theoretically COULD shift, would be in terrible danger. As the law of the Ancients states that all sentient souls none human have to have their powers bound before coming here. I would personnaly NOT want to break a law of the Ancients. I saw what happens to those who do in a lifetime long ago and it was not pretty (ask any elenari why their DNA has completely vanished from the face of the earth).

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 14:09:37)

#69 2009-11-16 14:40:46

Cratys
Website

I'm gonna quote what someone said on another site. "Believe whatever you want, but never impose it one others as fact"

Tallissa, thanks for the input, but next time, put "I strongly believe" at the begging. There may be others here that would not appreciate you presenting these ideas as fact.

I know you weren't talking specifically to me, but to this thread's starter. But it was very interesting. smile

And RBW, wow, point made, I agree. XD

#70 2009-11-16 14:44:40

Talissa

Cratys wrote:

I'm gonna quote what someone said on another site. "Believe whatever you want, but never impose it one others as fact"

Tallissa, thanks for the input, but next time, put "I strongly believe" at the begging. There may be others here that would not appreciate you presenting these ideas as fact.

I know you weren't talking specifically to me, but to this thread's starter. But it was very interesting. smile

And RBW, wow, point made, I agree. XD

Before ordering me to put things before my text, you should strongly wonder within yourself why one would sound very very positively certain of facts before insulting them.... You never know who you are talking to.

Because I am stuck in a human body doesn't mean I am a nobody.

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 14:45:16)

#71 2009-11-16 14:57:23

Cratys
Website

I didn't insult you, nor did I mean to. I just was pointing out that presenting these ideas as fact could insult someone who believes something different. We could get into a huge debate here about beliefs and whats really true but that would need to go in a totally new debate thread. If you want to pursue this topic, please start a new thread.

Also I never said that I, personally, didn't believe you. In fact this story makes a lot of sense to someone of my background. However if someone didn't believe you, and made a huge deal about it. You could be called a troll for presenting these ideas as real and someone could just be mean enough to try and get you in trouble for it. That's why I said try to present things this extreme as things you believe. By simply stating "according to my belief, this is why things work this way" that gives anyone reading your idea the freedom to either believe it or not rather than seemingly imposing on them to accept what you said as fact when they have no reason to. It's just being polite, i was trying to help.

I'm sorry for offending you. I really didn't mean it that way, I meant to help your post out so you didn't offend anyone else. Rereading your post I do see you put a disclaimer at the top that said that you weren't intending to target anyone. But someone could still overlook that and get offended anyway if you present your ideas as fact rather than beliefs. I'm a friend really. Sorry for offending you.

Last edited by Cratys (2009-11-16 15:09:18)

#72 2009-11-16 15:21:01

Talissa

Cratys wrote:

I didn't insult you, nor did I mean to. I just was pointing out that presenting these ideas as fact could insult someone who believes something different. We could get into a huge debate here about beliefs and whats really true but that would need to go in a totally new debate thread. If you want to pursue this topic, please start a new thread.

Also I never said that I, personally, didn't believe you. In fact this story makes a lot of sense to someone of my background. However if someone didn't believe you, and made a huge deal about it. You could be called a troll for presenting these ideas as real and someone could just be mean enough to try and get you in trouble for it. That's why I said try to present things this extreme as things you believe. By simply stating "according to my belief, this is why things work this way" that gives anyone reading your idea the freedom to either believe it or not rather than seemingly imposing on them to accept what you said as fact when they have no reason to. It's just being polite, i was trying to help.

I'm sorry for offending you. I really didn't mean it that way, I meant to help your post out so you didn't offend anyone else. Rereading your post I do see you put a disclaimer at the top that said that you weren't intending to target anyone. But someone could still overlook that and get offended anyway if you present your ideas as fact rather than beliefs. I'm a friend really. Sorry for offending you.

No problem, and sorry for me blowing up. I'm currently living a very hard Anxiety Depression Syndrom and my mood quickly changes...

Though my intent was somewhat double. Cause no, currently it is not possible for a standard "human physical body" to attain the level of magic required to do this. But if someone theoretically was/is capable of doing it, he/she must remain silent and never ever let any other human know of their abilities. Just imagine what damage a powerful military force could do if they could capture a real lycantrope and infect every single soldier? Or if they could get their hands on a true necromancer still practicing magic? Or a dragon capable of returning to its dragon form, but hiding in human form? What if this military force found that dragon and coherced him/her into obeying their order? It would mean complete anarchy.

So this is why if anyone is capable of doing things deemed as "Impossible" they usually not mention it to anyone....

but as an answer to the initial post? I have encountered a few individuals who could morph their astral body into any shape they wish for, and have in different lifetimes. THough these people have confirmed to me that when they are on earth (this dimension), they are not capapble of shifting.  They call themselves polymorphs, which is another name for what the OP was saying.  They usually need to "touch" a form or see it with their own eyes before they can shift their astral body to that other form. When they do, they literally take on mental attributes of the new form. So in a sense its not lycantropy or being a were. Its being something different and beautiful in its own right. A polymorph as the ability to travel from one lifetime to another, to different dimensions and learn so many different cultures and possible alternate worlds... smile

Last edited by Talissa (2009-11-16 15:21:30)

#73 2009-11-16 15:30:12

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

In ancient times a great magical worm surrounded the planet Earth. The worm secreted the mana, essence of magic and there was much magic in the world. As the human race learned more uses for the magic, they caused great stress on the worm and it died. As it's body decayed, it's bones formed the mountains and it's rotting flesh became mana that the people used up unwisely. As the magic died the wizards became distressed over the loss of their powers and the loss of their abilities to rule the human race. They gathered their most knowledgeable magicians and sent them on a mission to find more magic, promising not to use the last of the mana until they returned.

After many years of searching the magicians grew old and one by one they died. With the last of the mana rotting away one wizard decided to use it to restore the wizards to their former glory. The spell he cast was a new spell that he thought would do what he wanted. The new spell brought the wizards back to their original glory but they were dead evil things.

After several years of hell on Earth, the remaining humans rebelled against the wizards. They fought their way into the castles with sword and shield. The humans defeated the wizards but the battle had taken a great toll. The Sky had been turned black by the evil magic and the burning of human and wizard flesh. It remained a black sky for a thousand years and the ice from both the north and south met in the center of the world as huge glaciers.

For ten thousand years the Earth remained locked in ice, only the most hearty species survived. The humans who survived had become as beasts. They had long forgotten the use of tools. Magic and steel were as unknown to them as the wizards that their ancestors had fought all those generations ago. As the glaciers retreated great prairies began to arise from the Earth and man once again began to learn to hunt and use tools.

65 million years later mankind has returned to his former glory but there is no mana left and mankind can no longer believe in anything other than his own superiority. He is the master of his world and all the galaxies. Man has become a god in his own mind and has no use for anyone or anything that may think otherwise.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

#74 2009-11-16 15:39:24

Talissa

Exanimis wrote:

In ancient times a great magical worm surrounded the planet Earth. The worm secreted the mana, essence of magic and there was much magic in the world. As the human race learned more uses for the magic, they caused great stress on the worm and it died. As it's body decayed, it's bones formed the mountains and it's rotting flesh became mana that the people used up unwisely. As the magic died the wizards became distressed over the loss of their powers and the loss of their abilities to rule the human race. They gathered their most knowledgeable magicians and sent them on a mission to find more magic, promising not to use the last of the mana until they returned.

After many years of searching the magicians grew old and one by one they died. With the last of the mana rotting away one wizard decided to use it to restore the wizards to their former glory. The spell he cast was a new spell that he thought would do what he wanted. The new spell brought the wizards back to their original glory but they were dead evil things.

After several years of hell on Earth, the remaining humans rebelled against the wizards. They fought their way into the castles with sword and shield. The humans defeated the wizards but the battle had taken a great toll. The Sky had been turned black by the evil magic and the burning of human and wizard flesh. It remained a black sky for a thousand years and the ice from both the north and south met in the center of the world as huge glaciers.

For ten thousand years the Earth remained locked in ice, only the most hearty species survived. The humans who survived had become as beasts. They had long forgotten the use of tools. Magic and steel were as unknown to them as the wizards that their ancestors had fought all those generations ago. As the glaciers retreated great prairies began to arise from the Earth and man once again began to learn to hunt and use tools.

65 million years later mankind has returned to his former glory but there is no mana left and mankind can no longer believe in anything other than his own superiority. He is the master of his world and all the galaxies. Man has become a god in his own mind and has no use for anyone or anything that may think otherwise.

Hey wow!

This rings a bell, though I have an unclear memory of what you just recounted... Do you know the origins of what you just described? What civilisation wrote it.... I know its not humans....  smile Very interesting.... I heard that before but I can't put my finger on it... I hate past life memories, they are always so partial....

#75 2009-11-16 15:53:16

Exanimis
Just an Old Dog

Maybe you have heard something similar but I just made that up.

If man were to vanish from the face of the Earth, (according to a recent documentary on the science channel) All existing evidence of our existence would be gone in 10,000 years.

Tell me a single human being who can prove that another humanoid race didn't exist millions of years before we humans evolved.

Sure, you can say that dinosaurs walked the earth then and we have their bones. You could say that there is nothing in the fossil record to support this.

In retaliation I could say that the evidence that disputes what is universally excepted is kept hidden until a reasonable explanation can be found. Like the human foot prints of the Paluxy river in Texas. or the billions of extinct animals that we have never founf any remains of.The fossil record is said to only contain one percent of the species that have lived on this planet throughout it history.

There is sorrow enough in the natural way From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store, Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
from"The Power of the Dog" by Rudyard Kipling

Board footer